Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Where Do You Keep Your Registration and Insurance Cards??  (Read 5969 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Where Do You Keep Your Registration and Insurance Cards??
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 02:29:14 PM »

Most any insurance company I've ever had dealings with offers a wallet sized proof of insurance card, usually with the name, policy number, vehicle, etc. data on the front and a "what to do after an accident" checklist on the back.  Go to your insurance companies website and see if they don't offer such a thing.

If not, do what I do and make digital copies of the insurance card and the registration card with a scanner, then use the software on your computer to resize them to something that you can fold and place in your wallet.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »

Another good idea- will try this as well.  I will have to resize both the insurance card and registration.

Most any insurance company I've ever had dealings with offers a wallet sized proof of insurance card, usually with the name, policy number, vehicle, etc. data on the front and a "what to do after an accident" checklist on the back.  Go to your insurance companies website and see if they don't offer such a thing.

If not, do what I do and make digital copies of the insurance card and the registration card with a scanner, then use the software on your computer to resize them to something that you can fold and place in your wallet.

Jerry

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »

In my wallet

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 03:59:42 PM »

In my wallet

If you think about it from a security standpoint, putting all that stuff in your wallet makes a lot more sense than leaving it on the bike.  Registrations have your name and home address on them, and you may not want the guy who steals your bike to have that info.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »

If you think about it from a security standpoint, putting all that stuff in your wallet makes a lot more sense than leaving it on the bike.  Registrations have your name and home address on them, and you may not want the guy who steals your bike to have that info.

Jerry

Or he just has to hit "Go Home" on the GPS and he is there...especially after he stole the bike with the GPS or infotainment system.

The same could be said for car registrations...I guess you can do all you can but for me, I do not want all that in the wallet.  helps prevent back problems as well :)

Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 06:12:53 PM »

Excellent idea-that is precisely what I will do.  That costs me nothing (assuming it's legal).

... Unless your phone runs out of battery.  This will cost a little more...

A plastified copy of you papers folded under your seat...  On a breakout, this is the only place where you can place a peace of paper!    :(

Note sure if copies a legal in USA though...

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »

How about a picture of each in your iphone? (or any other smart phone) I don't believe there is a law stating it has to be on paper. (But I am not sure)

Depends on jurisdiction, in Ontario you need to have an original insurance slip, and at minimum a photocopy of both sides of the ownership.

Phone here copies only secure you a total of $170 in fines for failing to produce either.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 10:45:52 AM »

I have plasticized both-maybe I can tape them under the pillion on my Breakout, that way they don't get too near the battery and other wires.  I have taken pictures but don't know if that is legal in IL.  Will take a look under the pillion tonight.

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 11:11:04 AM »

HD chrome storage tube. They come in 3 sizes. Every chromosexual needs at least one. I got the large one. Holds an extra pair of readers & sunglasses, paperwork, emergency cash, and a few other things.                Chromosexual...that is great and the first I have heard of this! Can I use it? LOL!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 11:24:02 AM »

Chromosexual...that is great and the first I have heard of this! Can I use it? LOL!

Sure, I stole it from someone else. Advanced Chromosexuals frequently suffer from OCD (Obsessive Chrome Disorder). There is a 12 step treatment program for OCD's.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:25:42 AM by Buy early »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 11:30:45 AM »

Close-up of the large storage tube on the Switchblade.

For a deep dive into OCD and other forms of obsession (gold flames, tan leather, WG2's, and a few others), check out this thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27725.210

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 12:13:03 PM »

Very good-did you come up with this on your own- I definatley have this disorder ;D

Sure, I stole it from someone else. Advanced Chromosexuals frequently suffer from OCD (Obsessive Chrome Disorder). There is a 12 step treatment program for OCD's.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 04:01:20 PM »

Very good-did you come up with this on your own- I definatley have this disorder ;D

No, it's contagious, I caught it from others on this site.

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 09:25:38 AM »

For bikes with a fairing or headlight nacelle  -  start with an empty 35mm film canister (plastic).  Cut two small holes about 1/2 " apart near the middle just big enough to thread a 'zip tie' thru, fasten canister snugly but not tight around your right upper fork tube just above the lower triple tree.  Fold documents, place in canister, pop on plastic top, swivel forward out of sight.  Never gets wet, not too hot or cold, easy access at roadside inspections, thief won't find unless bike is dismantled (or reads this post).

I do keep tag, registration & ins info on a small piece of paper in my wallet.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »

One of the features I like most about the wife's car to hit go home you have to input a four digit security code before it will take you home. That would be a great feature on the bike.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.