Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: '07 110in Upgrade Debate  (Read 16447 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: '07 110in Upgrade Debate
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2006, 10:33:04 PM »

That's a lotta cool toys! Must keep you busy. These CVO's really suck you in, huh? I usually set the bike up and leave it alone. We'll see! Do you get to ride year round in Bham? I ride winters in NY but not snow/ice. I guess I'll be breaking mine in during the "cooler" months up here. Shouldn't have to worry about muffler heat, at least!!! Hoist!

Yea, you just can't stop once you get started...I think the "problem" is that it has sooooo much, it just makes you want to "finish" it with a few personal touches.

In Birmingham, we only have two bad months...January and February, but even then there will be days fit for riding.  We rarely get any snow or ice, and if we do, the whole ciy just shuts down, as we are not equipped to deal with it with salt, etc, thank goodness.  It usually melts the next day. Cold and sunny, and I'm good to go!!

Hope that Harry (unbalanced) gets some more answers to your puzzle...half the fun is figuring all this stuff out!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2006, 10:35:29 PM »

...During your wait to get your bike and make your decision on what pipes you want try to find others that have the 110ci motors and have changed pipes and see what there bikes sound like. When listening to them ask if you can sit on the bike and get the riders perspective for what they are going to sound like, then step behind and listen there will be a noticeable difference...

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

dOOd: During my wait, if you hear of two 110" bikes together, one with V&H true-dual ovals and the other with Rinehart true-duals, K&N's and SERT/PC's, LET ME KNOW! I'll come down to VA and check them out. Always down for a road trip! Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »

dOOd: During my wait, if you hear of two 110" bikes together, one with V&H true-dual ovals and the other with Rinehart true-duals, K&N's and SERT/PC's, LET ME KNOW! I'll come down to VA and check them out. Always down for a road trip! Hoist!
I'll do that. I found out a friend of mines purchased a B/B CUSE2 recently and will more then likely do at least the pipes/AC/PC or SERT. If nothing else I'll PM you and get your phone number and call and let you listen to them over the phone.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2006, 10:41:14 PM »

Yeah TC. I'm having a blast doing this today and picked up a ton of info on these special bikes! Makes being home sick this weekend a little easier. I hope Harry can nail that down too. He's gotten some great stuff already! Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2006, 10:42:35 PM »

Sounds good dOOd! (HA!HA!) Hoist!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2006, 10:56:53 PM »

IMHO I think it is better to be breaking in a new motor in the cooler weather than hot summer time. :)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2006, 11:04:10 PM »

I agree Rooster. Cool weather's better but Feb in NYC's usually a little chilly. Maybe the global warming and Indian Summer will kick in for me! Regardless, I'll be out there. Maybe the stock pipes will keep me warm! Hoist!

pete.cpa

• CVO1: 07 SERK Black Ice
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2006, 12:03:37 AM »

Got my black ice 07 SERK 2 weeks ago. After 700 miles I added V/H classic slip ons for sound. This bike has sooo much power, true duals didn't seem to be necessary. Also added SERT. Other additions..blue pod lights, passing lamps, pushrod covers, spark plug bridge kit, banjo covers (2), all bolts/screws cover kit, chrome wheel weights..probably forgot something...santa to bring tour pak. Awesome bike. Your wait will be well rewarded. ;D

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2006, 12:10:54 AM »

Maybe the heat from the new lean motor will help keep you warm ;D ;D Anyway it wont matter how cold it is riding that new bike will keep you smiling even if your teeth are chattering. [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2006, 09:23:58 AM »

Hey Hoist, I'll help spend your money.  Jan/Feb is why there's several "heated clothing" threads.   ;D
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2006, 09:34:31 AM »

I

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2006, 10:13:41 AM »

I
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2006, 10:21:57 AM »

I guess I'll worry about heated clothing after the bike is perfect. We all care more about the bike than ourselves. I'll freeze before having a crappy running bike! This will give me something to look at for next winter.

I'm not familiar with Direct Link. Who makes it? Maybe you can provide some data when you get it. Also, anyone know about the HD SE Race Fueler? It says it gives adjustability like a carb. I also saw a simple one sold by Cobra. Anything on this? I'm concluding that no matter what, something needs to be done about retuning the A/F Ratio and what you use is based on the level of mods you do and how much adjustability you need. The type/brand you select should be based on that. And maintaining our expensive warranties as well!

dOOd: Better find a 3rd 110" with D&D Fat Cats with ghost. We might as well compare all three!

I'm glad this thread generated so much interest. At this rate, I should have it all figured out by Feb!
Hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2006, 10:27:14 AM »

Hi Jerry. Nice hearing from you. You seem to have a graet technical background for this stuff. I guess if the Direct Link is similar to the SERT, than we'd have a better chance of maintaining warranty with the HD product than the aftermarket. These guys probably make it for Harley anyway. Any info on the two cheapies I mentioned? Hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2006, 10:30:09 AM »

dOOd: Make it four! Add the Thunderheader with Falsie to the list! Does Thunderheader and D&D have the O2 bungs yet? Hoist!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.