Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Recalls for the clutch on the 2014 models  (Read 34619 times)

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
Re: Clutch recall question
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2013, 03:58:35 PM »

My 2014 CVO BO is being delivered tomorrow. I contacted to dealer to ask if my bike was involved in the recall. He said it was but their inspection found that my bike does not need repair. That's fine I guess but I read the recall notice and it said the bike should not be delivered on driven until repairs have been made. Didn't say anything about inspecting it. Anybody know what's happening with this issue?
 Gary
P.S. Is the passenger pillion as worthless as it looks, for a passenger.

My 14 CVO Breakout was inspected on Tuesday, and I picked up yesterday.  The told me the same thing they inspected according to the recall and found that there were no issues.  The paperwork states, "Tech performed recall as per service bulletin." Sounds like they were not sure which bikes were affected, so they wanted to play it safe and recall a broader group of potential bikes to capture all the issues.

2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
Re: Recalls for the clutch on the 2014 models
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »

http://lawabidingbiker.com/2014harleydavidsonclutchrecall/
Link to a rider who experienced the problem.
[/quote]
I checked this link out, and in the article it mentions that the bike came stock with 255 cams.  I need to know if this is correct because I paid the dealership to have 255's installed on my 2014 Street Glide Special!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2013, 05:17:42 PM »

http://lawabidingbiker.com/2014harleydavidsonclutchrecall/
Link to a rider who experienced the problem.

I checked this link out, and in the article it mentions that the bike came stock with 255 cams.  I need to know if this is correct because I paid the dealership to have 255's installed on my 2014 Street Glide Special!

Wrong thread Steve, but no the FLHXS does not come stock with SE255 cams.  It does come with a new cam grind that is closer to the specs of the 255 than the previous stock cams in the 103.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »

Wrong thread Steve, but no the FLHXS does not come stock with SE255 cams.  It does come with a new cam grind that is closer to the specs of the 255 than the previous stock cams in the 103.

Jerry
Jerry, thanks for the reply.  (The article I found was another link within the brake article where the author has a review on the same bike I bought.)
If I had it to do over, I would have left the stock cams alone. 
The dealer picked my new bike up today on the clutch recall.  (Trying to stay on topic!)

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE 3
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2013, 09:32:55 PM »

My 14 CVO Breakout was inspected on Tuesday, and I picked up yesterday.  The told me the same thing they inspected according to the recall and found that there were no issues.  The paperwork states, "Tech performed recall as per service bulletin." Sounds like they were not sure which bikes were affected, so they wanted to play it safe and recall a broader group of potential bikes to capture all the issues.

Go to Harley  sign in and  enter your vin to check if it is ok
www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/Owners/service-your-bike/service-recalls/service-recalls.html?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2013, 09:39:53 PM »

Go to Harley  sign in and  enter your vin to check if it is ok
www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/Owners/service-your-bike/service-recalls/service-recalls.html?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US

If you check on line, you might need to wait a few days to allow the systems to catch up with the inspections. Sounds like they are a few days behind.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe

2014 CVO Breakout

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2013, 12:32:10 PM »

I've read through the M1355 bulletin a couple times now, and no where does it say to just inspect and return to customer.  The way the bulletin is written indicates that all bikes in the suspect group should get a new master cylinder kit.  Inspection of the release plate is the other part of the bulletin, and if the wrong plate was installed there are instructions to replace the plate, pushrod, actuator O-ring, etc.

I would seriously question any shop that tells you they just did an inspection and didn't need to do anything else.  Perhaps Harley has refined the suspect bikes list based on build date and the bike is no longer considered suspect.  But it could also be a case of the shop not understanding the program.  It definitely wouldn't be the first time a Harley shop didn't know what they were doing.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2013, 01:27:35 PM »

I've read through the M1355 bulletin a couple times now, and no where does it say to just inspect and return to customer.  The way the bulletin is written indicates that all bikes in the suspect group should get a new master cylinder kit.  Inspection of the release plate is the other part of the bulletin, and if the wrong plate was installed there are instructions to replace the plate, pushrod, actuator O-ring, etc.

I would seriously question any shop that tells you they just did an inspection and didn't need to do anything else.  Perhaps Harley has refined the suspect bikes list based on build date and the bike is no longer considered suspect.  But it could also be a case of the shop not understanding the program.  It definitely wouldn't be the first time a Harley shop didn't know what they were doing.

Jerry

Agreed 100%  I've only heard of one or two people say the dealer did nothing.  For those who have stated such, I'd definitely get clarification from said dealer.

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

ladydeluxe

« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »

I received a call from the dealership that they inspected my CVO Softail Deluxe and no work was required.  I was nervous after hearing that so reread the Saftey Recall Notice I had received in the mail.  The recall notice #0154 for models FLHTCUTG, FXSBSE and FLSTNSE states: The dealer will inspect the clutch release plate.  If your motorcycle is equipped with an incorrect clutch release plate, the dealer will replace it with the correct part.   

2014 CVO Softail Deluxe
Wendy

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2013, 02:12:12 PM »

I received a call from the dealership that they inspected my CVO Softail Deluxe and no work was required.  I was nervous after hearing that so reread the Saftey Recall Notice I had received in the mail.  The recall notice #0154 for models FLHTCUTG, FXSBSE and FLSTNSE states: The dealer will inspect the clutch release plate.  If your motorcycle is equipped with an incorrect clutch release plate, the dealer will replace it with the correct part.    

That was my understanding too.  It was just a matter of inspecting the bike and replacing the wrong parts if needed.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 05:15:59 PM by ChopperPilot »
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe

2014 CVO Breakout

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2013, 04:09:21 PM »

I received a call from the dealership that they inspected my CVO Softail Deluxe and no work was required.  I was nervous after hearing that so reread the Saftey Recall Notice I had received in the mail.  The recall notice #0154 for models FLHTCUTG, FXSBSE and FLSTNSE states: The dealer will inspect the clutch release plate.  If your motorcycle is equipped with an incorrect clutch release plate, the dealer will replace it with the correct part.   

You have a Beautiful Bike, love the new CVO Softail Deluxe. Love your color combination. Congratulations

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLSTNSE
    • CVO3: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »

My Deluxe was also inspected and found to have the correct plate.  They did bleed the system as my wife was having a tough time hitting neutral.  No other work done on the recall. 

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2013, 05:02:13 PM »

Am I the only one that hasn't received a call or email or else regarding this recall ??

I keep reading everywhere that it's important to stop riding with the bike but it seems that my dealer doesn't think that way...

???

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2013, 05:31:32 PM »

I got a letter yesterday with the recall notice. (My dealer called me last week) Stopped by the dealer yesterday to get the recall taken care of, mine was correct.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2013, 07:23:09 PM »

Rode our new SG back from the dealer today after getting the recall done.  New master cylinder rebuild- inspected some clutch plate, but mine had the right plate.  -Just like Jerry GRC previously stated.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.