Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Indian waiting list?  (Read 5731 times)

mark

Re: Indian waiting list?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 05:53:26 PM »

Sharp bike.  Post some thoughts after you put some miles on.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 06:18:37 AM »

Very Nice Bike Brother !!! Great color combo.
DND

ultrarider123

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 08:17:25 AM »

VERY nice ride, Charger.... :huepfenlol2:

A comment about what y'all have experienced at the Indian tent/demo during Biketoberfest.  My experience during the Sturgis Rally/GTG was much different.  All the Indian reps were courteous, helpful and jumped at the chance to answer your questions.  At the very packed tent (across from the very empty HD tent), there were lots of Indian reps trolling all over the place.  I had some questions and got some good answers.  The engineer I talked to on Main Street was very happy to hear my comments...good or bad...as they seemed to yearn for any feedback they could get.  The demo tent was just as helpful with the leader and cleanup riders talked/spoke to each of us to get our impressions and wanted the good with the bad.  May be they were still tweaking on the product before production really ramped up but still, there were no negatives I took away from any of the visits.

Don't know what may have happened from August to October but lets hope they haven't already gotten "Harley-itus"... :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 01:55:37 PM by Haird »

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 08:38:19 AM »

VERY nice ride, Charger.... :huepfenlol2:

A comment about what y'all have experienced at the Indian tent/demo during Biketoberfest.  My experience during the Sturgis GTG was much different.  All the Indian reps were courteous, helpful and jumped at the chance to answer your questions.  At the very packed tent (across from the very empty HD tent), there were lots of Indian reps trolling all over the place.  I had some questions and got some good answers.  The engineer I talked to on Main Street was very happy to hear my comments...good or bad...as they seemed yearn for any feedback they could get.  The demo tent was just as helpful with the leader and cleanup riders talked/spoke to each of us to get our impressions and wanted the good with the bad.  May be they were still tweaking on the product before production really ramped up but still, there were no negatives I took away from any of the visits.

Don't know what may have happened from August to October but lets hope they haven't already gotten "Harley-itus"... :)

Actually spent some time at the HD and passed through the Indian area a couple times over a three day period at Bikes Blues and BBQ.   
Pretty busy at the Indian tent, but a lot more traffic at the Harley Tent, Trailers, bar, etc..  Also, I would say the Harley people were awesome!

I thought the Indian guys were ok, not sure they were outgoing, just there to answer questions if you asked. 
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes

mark

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »

Don't misunderstand my comments about the Indian demo booth at Biketoberfest as negative.  They had a couple of bikes to view at the speedway (the location of the demo booth) and others displayed around Daytona.  The demo booth wasn't well-manned, at least when I was there.   Like other Biketoberfest vendors, Indian had a handful of cuties working the booth in Indian staff shirts...but I didn't ask them any questions because it was obvious that wasn't the purpose for them being there.  Based on the wait time for a demo ride, the interest in these bikes remains high.

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 11:24:46 PM »

It's not so much whether Polaris will be around, as it is whether or not the dealers will be around.  Polaris has plenty of earnings from its other products so they can funnel as much money as they think prudent.  The real question is whether or not the dealers can sell enough volume to stay in business.  Indian is having a real challenge signing up qualified dealers who will provide them with the exclusivity they need to properly establish the brand.  I live in So Cal and my nearest Indian dealer is in Las Vegas....to far to go for a test drive.  Their production is low which is keeping the product in high demand for the time being.  The next 2 years will be critical in determining the long term success of Indian.  Many new products have short lived excitement, but when that wears off, they need real buyers.  Time will tell.

CUZCO

• Full CVO Member
    • PreBanArms
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 09:24:07 AM »

I like the red and brown as well. I was able to demo one in September at BBB, it seemed to have too much lag in the fly by wire throttle.
2013 CVO Breakout
Molten Silver/Black Diamond
2015 CVO Road Glide
Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset

charger

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 CUSE3
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE
    • CVO3: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 11:38:56 AM »

Quick report on my Vintage after the 800KM.ride home in +6 weather. Like the power, handling, fit and finish, rough chrome on top end, shifts very smooth, sounds awesome (stage 1 fish tails). Draw backs so far are parts and accessory availability (should change some) Needs different bars (were used to that) single signal light switch takes some getting used to. All in all can't wait for spring to get some miles on and see how it holds up to some torture (just at the end of break in). Overall so far it is a "keeper" :huepfenjump3:

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 01:13:01 PM »

Sounds Good so far !!! Good luck with the new Bike keep us posted on your findings.
DND

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, 09:39:55 AM »

I'm sure there were long waiting lists way back then as well.

Notice that this one is also red with tan bags, just like Charger's... Great colour combination for sure!  :2vrolijk_21:

Enjoy your new beautiful ride.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:42:24 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 09:46:18 AM »

I'm sure there were long waiting lists way back then as well.

Notice that this one is also red with tan bags, just like Charger's... Great colour combination for sure!  :2vrolijk_21:

Enjoy your new beautiful ride.

Great video, thanks for posting.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 10:55:33 AM »

Very nice video.
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 11:06:58 AM »

It's not so much whether Polaris will be around, as it is whether or not the dealers will be around.  Polaris has plenty of earnings from its other products so they can funnel as much money as they think prudent.  The real question is whether or not the dealers can sell enough volume to stay in business.  Indian is having a real challenge signing up qualified dealers who will provide them with the exclusivity they need to properly establish the brand.  I live in So Cal and my nearest Indian dealer is in Las Vegas....to far to go for a test drive.  Their production is low which is keeping the product in high demand for the time being.  The next 2 years will be critical in determining the long term success of Indian.  Many new products have short lived excitement, but when that wears off, they need real buyers.  Time will tell.
This is so true,talked to Polaris rep at the Victory dealership. He claims Polaris is have trouble getting dealers,they also are having trouble finding people to work on them. It will take time to get the program up and running as it did for Victory. Older Guy

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »

At their time of roll out the closest dealer to me in southwest Missouri was in Lincoln, NE at close to 275 miles away.  Since roll out they've added a dealer in Arkansas that's about 200 miles away and another just outside of Tulsa that's only 100 miles away.  Can't speak to other areas but in the midwest they are filling some gaps more quickly than I actually expected.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 02:11:44 PM »

Same problem here in Chattanooga, my buddy told me the local Victory/Polaris dealer was closed. He was wanting a new Indian Chief, closest dealer is in Murfreeboro, 120 miles away. Maybe not a deal breaker but a pretty long way to go for warranty/service work.  :nixweiss:
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 20 queries.