Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Indian waiting list?  (Read 5732 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Indian waiting list?
« on: October 26, 2013, 05:50:48 PM »

I didn't have anything to do today, weather getting sucky already!  Decided to go take a peak at the new Indians.  Called first to see if they had a Chieftain with the fairing to check out.  Guy laughed at me, he said they had a couple that were sold that I could look at but couldn't sit on or touch.  He said they have the next 18 pre-sold and a waiting list 8 deep.   Already acting like arrogant azzholes, must have sold Harley's for a while?  I just don't get the arrogance, I wasn't that interested anyway?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

mark

Re: Indian waiting list?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 06:41:43 PM »

Saw them at Biketoberfest, tried to demo one, but would have had to hang around for about 4 hrs.  Fit, finish, paint, and chrome looked impeccable.  Negatives: inner-fairing looked inexpensive/cheap, as did the speaker grilles.  Heads are chrome and have a "sand" cast look, which gives the chrome a rough look.  Not a deal breaker, but smooth chrome would have looked better, IMO.

I'm not sold on the Chieftain's retro-modern look yet.  Maybe it'll grow on me.  BTW, the Indian girls fit and finish was excellent too.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »

BTW, the Indian girls fit and finish was excellent too.

:worthless:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 10:19:35 PM »

The motor and inner fairing are very cheap looking and @ Biketoberfest I was not the only one who thought that. AND the Indian people did not like for you to express a disparaging opinion. Very arrogant. I am not a advertising guy, but if you want to sell me something tell me what is good about your product, I do NOT appreciate you running down another product whether I own that product or not and that seems to be the way they approached it at Daytona. I went to look at a Checkmate boat one time, the salesman never did express what was good about the Checkmate, the whole time I was there he just told me what a piece of crap the SeaRay across the street was. I bought a SeaRay and made sure he knew.

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 09:12:18 AM »

The Indian dealer in Calgary is also one of the Harley dealers and they too have sold every Indian to date. But they keep Indian demos on hand because of the strong interest.          

I'm surprised the MOCO goes along with that! Must be the same owner just in different locations  :nixweiss:

mark

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 09:47:32 AM »

:worthless:
Yeah, I know.  Didn't take any pics of them and looked for some on-line, without success.  Imagine going to a Tilted Kilt, but instead of Kilts, they're wearing Indian shirts.  Sorry, you'll have to visualize.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »

Gave serious thought on putting my name on the list. Really worried about aftermarket availablity, comming from a lifetime of Harleys.......you know you gotta change things!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

mark

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 10:14:15 AM »

Gave serious thought on putting my name on the list. Really worried about aftermarket availablity, comming from a lifetime of Harleys.......you know you gotta change things!
I agree.  Before jumping, I want to see if Indian stays around this time.  If so, then accessories, exhaust systems, etc should start showing up. 

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 10:24:55 AM »

I agree.  Before jumping, I want to see if Indian stays around this time.  If so, then accessories, exhaust systems, etc should start showing up. 

Agreed, so how long would you need to wait to see if they hang around this time?  Do you think that is a couple years? 
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 10:56:58 AM »

Agreed, so how long would you need to wait to see if they hang around this time?  Do you think that is a couple years? 

This is the first time, at least in my memory, that the Indian bikes have been resurrected by a big mainstream company with the resources to not only do it right, but to stick around.  I'd be much less worried about them folding the tent this time versus all the half-azzed attempts of the past by dreamers without the wherewithal to do it right.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

bigsixman

• Full CVO Member
  • 2003 CVO Deuce FXSTDSE
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 12:48:40 PM »

This is the first time, at least in my memory, that the Indian bikes have been resurrected by a big mainstream company with the resources to not only do it right, but to stick around.  I'd be much less worried about them folding the tent this time versus all the half-azzed attempts of the past by dreamers without the wherewithal to do it right.

JMHO - Jerry
I agree with you Jerry 100%, I live close to Polaris, the parent company, and they are a well run financially sound company that bought Indian for the long haul.
I toured the Polaris/ Victory/ Indian museum in Roseau two weeks ago and the employees are very excited about the motorcycle additions to the traditional snow sled/ atv  line up.
2003 fxstdse CVO Deuce, 3,700 miles
2007 fxstd Deuce, 18,500 miles
2017 flhx Street Glide, 6,700 miles
Four 60s & 70s Japanese bikes

mark

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 01:55:11 PM »

I'd want to see how they're doing after two years.  Even though Polaris is a huge company, it's all about profits as to whether the Indian brand hangs around.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »

Indian isn't going anywhere this time around.  Polaris is a huge company and has the $$$ to back up the R&D that was done before this bike hit the market.  Prior attempts were more about bringing back the OLD Indian design and were WAAAAAY overpriced to be competitive.  The response by both the public and the several reviews by motorcycle magazines, etc have been overwhelmingly positive.  That is not to say they will not have a couple of hiccups here and there, but this iteration was designed from the ground up to be competitive, has an iconic name which will appeal to the Harley crowd, and is priced very well, IMO.  Lots of bike there for the buck.  They already have the Stage I/II exhaust/ECM changes available, and the do-dads will be forthcoming. They will, in all probability, come out with some other paint schemes, a Tour Pak for the Chieftan, and do some tweaks here and there.  But I would not hesitate to purchase one for fear of them not "hanging around".  No, they do not have an extensive dealer network as yet, but that is happening as I write this in most larger markets.  And this would be a novel concept: Perhaps you don't NEED a dealer on every corner because the bikes will actually be RELIABLE.  Of course, if one likes to stop at every dealership to purchase a T-shirt, that's a different story.  I've got gracious plenty of T-shirts...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

charger

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 CUSE3
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE
    • CVO3: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »

I picked up my 14 Chief Vintage in Calgary on Oct. 3rd and love it. Will also keep the HD's (for now) :orange:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 05:30:16 PM »

I picked up my 14 Chief Vintage in Calgary on Oct. 3rd and love it. Will also keep the HD's (for now) :orange:

Gorgeous bike!!!  Love the brown leather and the red paint together.  Classic looking but with modern technology... :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 20 queries.