Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Indian waiting list?  (Read 5730 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Indian waiting list?
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 04:40:51 PM »

They have been adding dealers.  One in Ocala,FL 155 miles away.  Interesting, they are trying to fill in some gaps.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 05:19:45 PM »

They have been adding dealers.  One in Ocala,FL 155 miles away.  Interesting, they are trying to fill in some gaps.

About 3 miles from my office.  :drink:

Doing demo rides there next Friday and Saturday November 15th and 16th. If you come down, let me know!

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 05:40:15 PM »

Just returned from the International MC show in Dallas. No Indians there. Lots of Victories. Even Strokers in Dallas appears to be a Victory dealer. Overall, was kinda disappointed. I had three things on my wish list ( Gerbins, J&M audio, and someone selling centerstands) None of them were there and usually they are.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 06:21:01 PM »

About 3 miles from my office.  :drink:

Doing demo rides there next Friday and Saturday November 15th and 16th. If you come down, let me know!

Would like to but son is moving so doubtful. 

Let me know what you think of them!

:drink:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »

Would like to but son is moving so doubtful.  

Let me know what you think of them!

I rode the classic and Vintage at Daytona. Hope to ride the Chieftan. I like em overall.  
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:22:49 PM by Robmay »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 08:13:26 PM »

Same problem here in Chattanooga, my buddy told me the local Victory/Polaris dealer was closed. He was wanting a new Indian Chief, closest dealer is in Murfreeboro, 120 miles away. Maybe not a deal breaker but a pretty long way to go for warranty/service work.  :nixweiss:

Without knowing yet any kind of expected reliability for their bikes it's hard to say what one's radius of travel to a dealer might be.  Would also depend on any dealer's willingness to agree to p/u and delivery if need be for non-rideable warranty failures. 

Given Harley's all too common failures were I buying new I'd want a local shop.  Just too much chance of too occasional need.  If the new Indians approached some good automotive manufacturer's level of reliability I'd not let a couple hours ride keep me off the bike's though.  Especially if geography suggested the gap might be lowered by some added dealer later on.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 09:05:23 PM »

Last month nearest dealer was in the Myrtle Beach area. Just this week TV commercials for local Victory/ Indian dealer. I may ride by next week.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 01:14:39 AM »

I test drove all 3 models last month.  I loved all three.  The engine is smooth and the transmission shifts very nicely, although the tranny does have a mild whining sound, overall the bike also sounds good.  These bikes have amazing low end grunt.  They were also smooth as high speeds.  I thought the Chieftan felt slightly cramped (6'2") and heard other tall riders say the same, but yet others my height felt comfortable.  I was very comfortable on the Vintage.  The throttle lag someone mentioned above seems to be on the demo bikes and apparently that problem has been solved on the production bikes.  I really missed the heel shifter and I'm sure that is something that will show up, at least in the aftermarket.  They also need passenger floorboards for all three models and a tour pack for the Chieftan.

Bottom line, if I had the money, even though it is a first year bike, I would buy the Vintage as a second bike.  I am considering selling other toys to do just that.  I will keep my SEEG, that is a bike I just do not think I will ever part with.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

Skipper

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE-6
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2013, 06:57:21 AM »

From 3 to 65 new Dealership's here in Central Europe! Definitely my next bike.
"F..@* the Rushmore's, I'm gonna keep my Babe"

JONNIEROCK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2013, 09:47:58 AM »

I didn't have anything to do today, weather getting sucky already!  Decided to go take a peak at the new Indians.  Called first to see if they had a Chieftain with the fairing to check out.  Guy laughed at me, he said they had a couple that were sold that I could look at but couldn't sit on or touch.  He said they have the next 18 pre-sold and a waiting list 8 deep.   Already acting like arrogant azzholes, must have sold Harley's for a while?  I just don't get the arrogance, I wasn't that interested anyway?

If he was any more arrogant, you would of probably thought he was a Harley Davidson Dealer/owner !!
                                Jonnierock

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2013, 11:16:25 AM »

I believe that Indian is right on schedule with the opening of their dealerships.  Remember this is their first year on the reintroduction marketplace.  As sales increase and new models are introduced I think we will be seeing more and more dealerships opening. first in the larger cities then filling in the gaps in smaller market areas.  Imagine 5 years from now.  Rome wasn't built in a day.   
Jesus is Lord

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 05:34:32 PM »

I believe that Indian is right on schedule with the opening of their dealerships.  Remember this is their first year on the reintroduction marketplace.  As sales increase and new models are introduced I think we will be seeing more and more dealerships opening. first in the larger cities then filling in the gaps in smaller market areas.  Imagine 5 years from now.  Rome wasn't built in a day.   

Very difficult as a stand alone!  Has to be multi brand facility

Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »

Without knowing yet any kind of expected reliability for their bikes it's hard to say what one's radius of travel to a dealer might be.  Would also depend on any dealer's willingness to agree to p/u and delivery if need be for non-rideable warranty failures. 

Given Harley's all too common failures were I buying new I'd want a local shop.  Just too much chance of too occasional need.  If the new Indians approached some good automotive manufacturer's level of reliability I'd not let a couple hours ride keep me off the bike's though.  Especially if geography suggested the gap might be lowered by some added dealer later on.
True! We have had Indian dealer here in town in the past, been burnt at least twice in last 10 or 12 years. Maybe someone will step up again and give it a go.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 20 queries.