Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: pagan gold tank paint issues  (Read 5759 times)

bazza

pagan gold tank paint issues
« on: November 07, 2013, 01:32:24 AM »

The paint finish on my cvo has developed a few flaws in the past 8 months ,so just beware ,ive been in contact with dealer { 500km away } so ill keep u posted on results

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
Re: pagan gold tank paint issues
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 03:16:23 AM »

The paint finish on my cvo has developed a few flaws in the past 8 months ,so just beware ,ive been in contact with dealer { 500km away } so ill keep u posted on results

Several of us have had rust under the clear coat on the polished raw metal.  Its covered under warranty.  Your dealer should help you no questions asked.

The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 06:37:29 AM »

My dealer didn't! Told me it's not covered and gave me the phone number for HD customer service if I was not happy with it.

CUZCO

• Full CVO Member
    • PreBanArms
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 09:11:59 AM »

Have you called them? What did they say about it?
2013 CVO Breakout
Molten Silver/Black Diamond
2015 CVO Road Glide
Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 10:08:31 AM »

I haven't. Don't think it's HD anyhow. All these issues reported by other members were taken care of real quick like by other dealership. The one I am dealing with, though...Anyhoo currently looking for another dealership to start the relationship with. If I hear the same thing again then I'll reach out to HD.

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 01:55:19 PM »

I had 2 problems with my 10 CVO. First was a white spot in the clear on my front fender. My dealer replaced that under warranty. The second was a light fingerprint in the clear that was barely visible on the tank. My dealer replaced that under warranty with a little bit of a push from me. When you are buying a $30K ish bike with custom paint, you should expect better that average service. It sounds to me that you may need to speak to the general manager of that dealership(as I had to) before you take your business elsewhere. And, by the way, complaining to HD directly did me no good.

wpk

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 11:41:34 AM »

I haven't. Don't think it's HD anyhow. All these issues reported by other members were taken care of real quick like by other dealership. The one I am dealing with, though...Anyhoo currently looking for another dealership to start the relationship with. If I hear the same thing again then I'll reach out to HD.

I agree...don't think it's HD.  I had rust under the clear...dealer service guy took pics, sent them to HD via email.  HD authorized the replacement of the tank and rear fender under warranty.  That communication took place over the span of a couple days.  Sounds like some laziness at the dealership.  Time to escalate...maybe GM.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 01:28:02 PM »

I'll reach out to the GM and see what he says.

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 Break Out
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 05:52:23 PM »

I have the molten Silver and had some paint issues on the aft fender and the dealer didn't hesitate to claim it. They sent pics to HD but got clearance to fix it at the dealer. It looked great when I got it back.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 09:35:19 AM »

OK. Based on the feedback here, I tried to resolve the paint issue by emailing the sales guy who sold me the bike about my issue with the service department. crickets...

Tried calling the general manager, I was notified he was busy and couldn't take my call. Asked for his email address so I could forward my email to the sales guy to him. I was told they don't give that info out. Alrighty then, I must have chosen the right dealership to buy a bike from. Customer Service!!!

Cam

wpk

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 11:57:47 AM »

OK. Based on the feedback here, I tried to resolve the paint issue by emailing the sales guy who sold me the bike about my issue with the service department. crickets...

Tried calling the general manager, I was notified he was busy and couldn't take my call. Asked for his email address so I could forward my email to the sales guy to him. I was told they don't give that info out. Alrighty then, I must have chosen the right dealership to buy a bike from. Customer Service!!!

Cam

Wow. Bad customer service.  In my case I tried corresponding with HD by email.  I got back a computer generated reply that said to call, which I did.  The person was helpful, although I was just checking on status.  Anyway, here are the two telephone #'s they gave me...414-343-4056 and 800-258-2464.  Maybe you can get satisfaction there. 
Good luck.

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 03:12:02 AM »

I had also problems with the clearcoat on the tank back in May, went to the dealer here in the Netherlands, they took pictures and send them to HD, after a week they told me that HD was sending a replacement for warranty.
It took HD 6months to make a new one, last Saturday I got a telephone call of the Dealer that the Tank arrived !! So I hope I will never get serious damage on my CVO Brealout, while then I can put the bike in the Garage for the rest of the year while waiting for replacement parts.

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 04:44:28 AM »

Cam

Wow....that's not good when the GM has the staff screen his calls.  What dealership is it?

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 08:19:18 AM »

Cam

That really sucks, I would just go to the dealership and see the GM.  Any other dealerships close buy?
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 09:51:38 AM »

I got in my car and drove over to the dealership to talk to the GM face to face.

He admitted that the sales person should have responded to my email and said he would take care of the lack of response. He then went and talked to the service guys as my wife and I did some Christmas shopping (everyone in my family is getting something from HD this year since I LOVE my bike!!!). He informed me that he in fact supports the call made by his service department and insisted that I call HD customer service to escalate. His hands are tied and it is HD that I should be unhappy with. He also wants to see the bike himself so he can also call HD and support my case once I provide him with the reference number. I told him that I don't have a way of contacting him as I don't have his extension or his email address. He proceeded to give me his business card... which lists the dealership's main number and the dealership generic email address.

I called HD yesterday using the 888 number given to me by this dealership, which ended up being for roadside assistance. Hung up and called the number provided wpk on this thread (thanks wpk!) and talked to John, who asked me to send him pictures of the issues and gave me a reference number for the case. Currently waiting to hear back from HD.

Regarding the name of the dealership, I am not comfortable providing that 'yet' because it could really be HD that is not considering the problems I am having to be covered under warranty. So it would not be fair to blame the dealership for my issues. If, however, HD does cover the issues I will have no problem letting everyone know the name of the dealership.

What I can say about the dealership though is this:

They know everything about me, name, address, serial number, etc, etc as part of the transaction. But I don't get to have the GM's business number and email address as an existing customer. I either need to get on my bike or in my car and drive 30+ miles to see him or, as he suggested, I need to call and leave a message and he 'promises' to call me back just as soon as. I don't agree with that policy and I will not buy another bike from this dealership.

Stay tuned...
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 20 queries.