Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: That's a bridge  (Read 8936 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: That's a bridge
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2006, 10:30:29 AM »

group rate on fly and ride?

I would have to seriously consider a "European Vacation" [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2006, 08:10:59 PM »

Yeah, European Vacation............. I could dig this.

Already have good friends/soon to be relatives in the Merry Old E. Love traveling through the countryside ('cept for the crazy drivers on the wrong side of the road).

This could be some trip! Although I don't know what would be cheaper, shipping the bike or renting. I have already looked into renting for another trip and it might be cheaper to buy the bike and then sell it.

Need many days for a trip like this, wouldn't want to waste any of that scenery by zipping along too much.

The real bargain is the cost of a pint and a European map set for my GPS, woo hoo!
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Canuck

• Senior CVO Member
  • "True North strong and free"

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2006, 08:47:13 PM »

What a cool bridge!  You can definetly count me in for a European CVO Rally [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].

Canuck
Crazy Canuck

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2006, 09:45:15 AM »

Two more in the list....so now we are:

- Dave UK
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 09:45:51 AM by jegomez »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2006, 11:44:18 AM »

Two more in the list....so now we are:

- Dave UK

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2006, 12:08:46 PM »

Jorge, you can add me in their with question marks too.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2006, 12:26:01 PM »

i'd have to give this some serios thought, you can put me down with some ???? as well
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2006, 01:13:14 PM »

I've already talked to wifey about this. She's so excited I guess the only thing for us is going to be how to deal with the bike issue. As posted above, my youngest Alexandra lives in St. Anne's England. I am thinking of looking into shipping one of my bikes to her house as opposed to Fly and Ride. I'm figuring at least 14 days of riding in this adventure minimum. Does anyone have any contacts with an international shipper ? Maybe we could fill a full size Conex box and ship from the East Coast to England. I am sure we could save a bundle if we paid to ship the container as opposed to individual bikes. Obviously you're talking a month of not having the ride on either end of the trip so anyone wanting to be involved with this should be aware that you won't have the use of that bike for a significant period of time. Also, guys like me have gotta get the bike to the port of exit on the east coast. In my case I'd do that through Allied Van Lines for about $500. So to state the obvious, this is going to be a $10k adventure easy and most likely eat up a month of vacation time for anyone participating. BUT WHAT AN ADVENTURE IT WOULD BE !

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2006, 01:21:31 PM »

Does anyone have any contacts with an international shipper ?
B B

Big B, I have a buddy that has done several rides in Europe with a group (Ducati/BMW guys).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 01:21:52 PM by Rjob749 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2006, 01:39:49 PM »

I'm figuring at least 14 days of riding in this adventure minimum.

Bri, I was thinking that big group or small group or no group; once there I'd like to spend a good couple of weeks running around the Continent too.  Lots of places I've yet to go that this would be the perfect way to see.  Hell, I'd love to start in the UK, hop a huge ferry and up at the Dardanelles with wine country, Brussels, a crossing of the Alps, Bavaria, old Prague, Budapest, Timisoara to see where Father Tokes started the chase of Ceacescu and Sophia all in between.  Then turn around and try to find how many sea view coastal rides one could ride west.  Hell of a trip? You bet.  But I suppose we actually have to do what we can.....  :)

If for no other reasons than the pictures to take I'd love to make that trip on my own bike.  I know, I know, shipping is always such a worry.  And the down time would be a bitch.  But it'd almost be worth it.  For a shorter few days long Gathering not such a big deal I guess.  But I'll tell ya, the longer the trip and the more kilometers covered the less I'd be interested in doing it on some rental bike with its stock seat and back-ache handlebars too.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2006, 01:48:04 PM »

Don,
       No way I'm doing less than two weeks irregardless of how the group thing comes out. I'm figuring on starting in England,ferry to France, Germany, and Switzerland for sure. Back to England, up north to visit the ancestral home in Wales and also little girl in St. Anne's. I think we should put together some tentative dates and take a poll on what places people want to visit etc and see if we can come up with a consensus and maybe book some group rates on hotels etc. My daughters tell me that Europe west of Russia is smaller than the US. I've never been there, so I don't know. How far from France to Switzerland ?  etc etc

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2006, 01:53:50 PM »

Don,
       No way I'm doing less than two weeks irregardless of how the group thing comes out. I'm figuring on starting in England,ferry to France, Germany, and Switzerland for sure. Back to England, up north to visit the ancestral home in Wales and also little girl in St. Anne's. I think we should put together some tentative dates and take a poll on what places people want to visit etc and see if we can come up with a consensus and maybe book some group rates on hotels etc. My daughters tell me that Europe west of Russia is smaller than the US. I've never been there, so I don't know. How far from France to Switzerland ?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2006, 01:58:08 PM »

Don,
       No way I'm doing less than two weeks irregardless of how the group thing comes out. I'm figuring on starting in England,ferry to France, Germany, and Switzerland for sure. Back to England, up north to visit the ancestral home in Wales and also little girl in St. Anne's. I think we should put together some tentative dates and take a poll on what places people want to visit etc and see if we can come up with a consensus and maybe book some group rates on hotels etc. My daughters tell me that Europe west of Russia is smaller than the US. I've never been there, so I don't know. How far from France to Switzerland ?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2006, 02:10:29 PM »

I do believe this train is getting up a head of steam.  ALRIGHT !    chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga  Woooooo Wooooooooo

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2006, 02:22:07 PM »

I do believe this train is getting up a head of steam.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 02:22:47 PM by Rjob749 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.