Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: SNOW  (Read 42016 times)

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
Re: SNOW
« Reply #390 on: May 05, 2014, 09:34:32 AM »

We own Harleys and a Boat and still live in Michigan. How stupid am I? Your all right. We need to move also. We like Myrtle Beach and Daytona Beach. Either of those would be good.

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #391 on: May 05, 2014, 10:18:09 AM »

We own Harleys and a Boat and still live in Michigan. How stupid am I? Your all right. We need to move also. We like Myrtle Beach and Daytona Beach. Either of those would be good.
Your not stupid, it just means your a southerner at heart. Make your plans and move south,you will not regret it.

Oh yeah, it was 89 yesterday and sunny with more of the same for today. Perfect weather for riding! :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #392 on: May 05, 2014, 10:37:10 AM »

In the middle of all the ice and snow this past winter I put this picture together as a way to kill some time as cabin fever set in. As our kids are now in college I'm trying to convince my wife to at least agree to go as south as the Carolinas. We shall see how successful I am in the coming months/years.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:39:09 AM by camcvo »

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #393 on: May 05, 2014, 12:33:53 PM »

IMO, you cannot say MB & DB in the same sentence. Born & raised in South Cackalackie, Sandlapper blood flows in my veins........wish they could move Myrtle Beach to Long Island. Would need to keep Murrells Inlet & Georgetown. Starting in Cherry Grove and going all the way to Surfside, scrape them off into the Atlantic & let the currents have their way!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #394 on: May 05, 2014, 02:21:19 PM »

In the middle of all the ice and snow this past winter I put this picture together as a way to kill some time as cabin fever set in. As our kids are now in college I'm trying to convince my wife to at least agree to go as south as the Carolinas. We shall see how successful I am in the coming months/years.

Cam keep me posted, seriously.

Jesse

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #395 on: May 05, 2014, 02:48:03 PM »

Cam keep me posted, seriously.

Jesse

Will do Jesse. Thank you.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #396 on: May 05, 2014, 07:03:48 PM »

I've had it with the "seasons" here in CT. The wife and I are leaning towards the eastern half of TN or the western half of NC - 13 months until the youngest is done with High School, not that we're counting or anything...
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #397 on: May 06, 2014, 06:10:22 AM »

If you guys are truly serious, and you plan on continuing to work, remember Tennessee does NOT tax income other than dividends and interest.  BTW Florida has no state income tax.

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #398 on: May 06, 2014, 07:20:04 AM »

If you guys are truly serious, and you plan on continuing to work, remember Tennessee does NOT tax income other than dividends and interest.  BTW Florida has no state income tax.

OWL

Thanks John, Tennessee is on my list as well. I have friends just south of Nashville in Murfreesboro.

Jesse

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #399 on: May 06, 2014, 08:36:54 AM »

May 6th in Michigan. Glad I didn't put my Ice scraper away yet.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #400 on: May 06, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »

:confused5:
"The wife and I are leaning towards the eastern half of TN or the western half of NC - 13 months until the youngest is done with High School, not that we're counting or anything..."

Damn,  I live down on the coast in No. Carolina.  Of the two choices you mention,  I'd sure look hard at the Tenn. side of the equation (as said....due to no State Tax)......but also staying just (west) enough to minimize the mountain/(we're talkin' cold) which would be ever present much of the year in Western N.C. :nixweiss:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #401 on: May 06, 2014, 05:53:00 PM »

"The wife and I are leaning towards the eastern half of TN or the western half of NC - 13 months until the youngest is done with High School, not that we're counting or anything..."

Damn,  I live down on the coast in No. Carolina.  Of the two choices you mention,  I'd sure look hard at the Tenn. side of the equation (as said....due to no State Tax)......but also staying just (west) enough to minimize the mountain/(we're talkin' cold) which would be ever present much of the year in Western N.C. :nixweiss:

Good advice, thanks.  :2vrolijk_21:

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #402 on: May 06, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »

Thanks, that reinforces our observations also. Do love those mountains though.  We are giving serious consideration to the Knoxville area with Nashville being second on the list followed closely by Charlotte NC. The first two choices would potentially offer an opportunity to continue my career with my current employer - which is a no small matter since I'm still a ways from retirement..
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #403 on: May 06, 2014, 11:39:49 PM »

Moderate climate here in Chattanooga almost all the time. Gets pretty hot in the summer, can get really cold but usually does not last long. Only got about 3 inches of snow this winter. Lot of good roads to ride. Close to Knoxville, Nashville, Atlanta lots of things to see and do. 
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #404 on: May 07, 2014, 12:59:37 AM »

Moderate climate here in Chattanooga almost all the time. Gets pretty hot in the summer, can get really cold but usually does not last long. Only got about 3 inches of snow this winter. Lot of good roads to ride. Close to Knoxville, Nashville, Atlanta lots of things to see and do.

Used to drive through there on the way home from fort Benning, GA in the late 90 ' s.  Always loved the area. I'm driving down from Nashville in June and picking up 64 out of Chattanooga to Greenville.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.