Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Dynoet Power Vision?  (Read 10806 times)

dnlpnd

• Full CVO Member
  • "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."~J.W.
    • IA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE6
Dynoet Power Vision?
« on: May 04, 2014, 10:14:57 AM »

Does anyone out there have any experience with the Dynojet Power Vision?

I have to admit the user interface and the whole concept of plugging into the ECM and viewing live data from the handlebars is extremely cool.

1.) The PV update client showed my software out of date (out-of-the-box) and it updated no problem, but the Dynojet website says there is a newer firmware update than the one on my PV.  However, the firmware update does not come up on the PV update client to give me the option to update.  What's up with that?

Out-of-Box firmware =  version 2.0.6-1340   Jan 14 2014
Newest published firmware = version 2.0.8-1412   Mar 26 2014

2.) The closest tune available from Dynojet for my 2014 CVO Road King w/ Rinehart True Dual Extremes is a 2011 CVO 110 cu in Rinehart True Dual Extremes.  In fact, this 2011 tune is the newest 110 cu in "touring" tune in their system.  What are the differences between a 2011 touring 110 cu in and a 2014 Road King 110 cu in?  Do I dare try this tune with all the ECM differences (CAN bus) between a 2011 and 2014?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 06:17:29 PM by dnlpnd »
SE Drop-On 117
SE Hi-Cap Oil Pan
SE Hi-Vol Oil Pump
SE Cam Plate
SE Adj Pushrods
SE Pro 58mm TB
SE 5.3 Injectors
SE Hvy Brthr Elite
Dynojet PV2
Dynojet TT-5X
Jackpot 2-1-2 SS
Jackpot Full X-over
Paul Yaffe Monsta 45s
GMR 600 Cams
S&S Prem Tappets
Ward's CNC Ported 110 Heads
AV&V Valve Springs
Cometic .027 HG
Red Shift Dual Piston Tensioner
Axtell Oil Bypass Valve
AIM Clutch Springs
10.8:1, 132ft-lb, 126hp SAE

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
Re: Dynoet Power Vision?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 03:55:10 PM »

you need to call dynojet and talk to them.  don't use the old 110" tune.  i asked the same question and they said everything is different for the 14s.  you will need to send them a copy of your stock settings..  they will build you a map and e-mail back to you.  then you can flash your bike with that custom built tune and auto tune from there.  after a couple auto tune rides you should be pretty much spot on. 
Jake

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 04:16:42 PM »

I have to admit the user interface and the whole concept of plugging into the ECM and viewing live data from the handlebars is extremely cool.

1.) The PV update client showed my software out of date (out-of-the-box) and it updated no problem, but the Dynojet website says there is a newer firmware update than the one on my PV.  However, the firmware update does not come up on the PV update client to give me the option to update.  What's up with that?

2.) The closest tune available from Dynojet for my 2014 CVO Road King w/ Rinehart True Dual Extremes is a 2011 CVO 110 cu in Rinehart True Dual Extremes.  In fact, this 2011 tune is the newest 110 cu in "touring" tune in their system?  What are the differences between a 2011 touring 110 cu in and a 2014 Road King 110 cu in?  Do I dare try this tune with all the ECM differences (CAN bus) between a 2011 and 2014?

Thank You

If you purchased it from Fuelmoto you can call them they have excellent customer service. As far as the firmware, they are always updating it. Just keep it up to date, no biggy.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

dnlpnd

• Full CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »

you need to call dynojet and talk to them.  don't use the old 110" tune.  i asked the same question and they said everything is different for the 14s.  you will need to send them a copy of your stock settings..  they will build you a map and e-mail back to you.  then you can flash your bike with that custom built tune and auto tune from there.  after a couple auto tune rides you should be pretty much spot on.

Good information, I kind of figured there were a lot of differences between '11 110 cu in and '14 110 cu in.  I'll send Dynojet an email right now with the stock program attached.

I did not buy the Auto Tune stuff.  Just adding Rinehart True Dual Extremes w/ 2-1/2" baffles to an already CVO ECM map, didn't make it run that much worse, so I wasn't looking for significantly different mapping.  I was doing it more for a Tach that I can see and possibly a shift light setup.

In your opinion is the Auto Tune necessary?  If so, do you recommend the standard or pro Auto Tune?

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 06:42:55 PM by dnlpnd »
SE Drop-On 117
SE Hi-Cap Oil Pan
SE Hi-Vol Oil Pump
SE Cam Plate
SE Adj Pushrods
SE Pro 58mm TB
SE 5.3 Injectors
SE Hvy Brthr Elite
Dynojet PV2
Dynojet TT-5X
Jackpot 2-1-2 SS
Jackpot Full X-over
Paul Yaffe Monsta 45s
GMR 600 Cams
S&S Prem Tappets
AV&V Valve Springs
Cometic .027 HG
Axtell Oil Bypass Valve
AIM Clutch Springs

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 05:42:24 PM »

Good information, I kind of figured there were a lot of differences between '11 110 cu in and '14 110 cu in.  I'll send Dynojet an email right now with the stock program attached.

I did not buy the Auto Tune stuff.  Just adding Rinehart True Dual Extremes w/ 2-1/2" baffles to an already CVO ECM map, didn't make it run that much worse, so I wasn't looking for significantly different mapping.  I was doing it more for a Tach that I can see and possibly a shift light setup.

In you opinion is the Auto Tune necessary?  If so, do you recommend the standard or pro Auto Tune?

Thanks

All power visions come with basic auto tune.  It's a great tool and you can Google and find plenty of great videos to explain how to use it.

Jesse

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

dnlpnd

• Full CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 05:43:47 PM »

If you purchased it from Fuelmoto you can call them they have excellent customer service. As far as the firmware, they are always updating it. Just keep it up to date, no biggy.

Yeah, I get that they are always updating the firmware and I can see that mine is already out of date.  That is the point, the update client software is not giving me the opportunity to update the firmware, which is my understanding of how the firmware gets updated.  Am I missing something here?

How do you update your firmware?

Thanks
SE Drop-On 117
SE Hi-Cap Oil Pan
SE Hi-Vol Oil Pump
SE Cam Plate
SE Adj Pushrods
SE Pro 58mm TB
SE 5.3 Injectors
SE Hvy Brthr Elite
Dynojet PV2
Dynojet TT-5X
Jackpot 2-1-2 SS
Jackpot Full X-over
Paul Yaffe Monsta 45s
GMR 600 Cams
S&S Prem Tappets
AV&V Valve Springs
Cometic .027 HG
Axtell Oil Bypass Valve
AIM Clutch Springs

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 05:44:11 PM »

Here is a great place to mount it. Kuriaken fuel door $100.00  Bang your done.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

dnlpnd

• Full CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »

Here is a great place to mount it. Kuriaken fuel door $100.00  Bang your done.

Looks nice, but on the RK the speedo and tach are in the "fuel door".

I found this pic online, but I am trying to work out a permanent mount on the handlebar cover, similar to this one.  Mine would be centered!

Thanks
SE Drop-On 117
SE Hi-Cap Oil Pan
SE Hi-Vol Oil Pump
SE Cam Plate
SE Adj Pushrods
SE Pro 58mm TB
SE 5.3 Injectors
SE Hvy Brthr Elite
Dynojet PV2
Dynojet TT-5X
Jackpot 2-1-2 SS
Jackpot Full X-over
Paul Yaffe Monsta 45s
GMR 600 Cams
S&S Prem Tappets
AV&V Valve Springs
Cometic .027 HG
Axtell Oil Bypass Valve
AIM Clutch Springs

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 07:24:04 PM »

Yeah, I get that they are always updating the firmware and I can see that mine is already out of date.  That is the point, the update client software is not giving me the opportunity to update the firmware, which is my understanding of how the firmware gets updated.  Am I missing something here?

How do you update your firmware?

Thanks

when you have your pv hooked up with the update client running, you should see something like the attached.  in my case, it is showing that the tune database is outdated.  i'm not going to bother updating that right now since i don't use dynojet maps.  compare the firmware release, if it is the same on both sides, then you are up to date.  regardless of what they said on the website, if the update client doesn't see it, then maybe there was a problem with it and they pulled it back.....
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

dnlpnd

• Full CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 08:09:56 PM »

when you have your pv hooked up with the update client running, you should see something like the attached.  in my case, it is showing that the tune database is outdated.  i'm not going to bother updating that right now since i don't use dynojet maps.  compare the firmware release, if it is the same on both sides, then you are up to date.  regardless of what they said on the website, if the update client doesn't see it, then maybe there was a problem with it and they pulled it back.....

That is really interesting!

As seen in this picture, I do not get anything about Databases or Firmware.  All I get is the PV software listed, which I know is the most current, because I didn't bother to use the disk that came with the PV, I went directly to the website and got the latest PV software.

The newer firmware (from the one on my PV) is still available for download manually, but I see no way to manually force it's upload into the PV.  So, I am skeptical they pulled it back only through the PV software, but I know what you mean.

Thanks
SE Drop-On 117
SE Hi-Cap Oil Pan
SE Hi-Vol Oil Pump
SE Cam Plate
SE Adj Pushrods
SE Pro 58mm TB
SE 5.3 Injectors
SE Hvy Brthr Elite
Dynojet PV2
Dynojet TT-5X
Jackpot 2-1-2 SS
Jackpot Full X-over
Paul Yaffe Monsta 45s
GMR 600 Cams
S&S Prem Tappets
AV&V Valve Springs
Cometic .027 HG
Axtell Oil Bypass Valve
AIM Clutch Springs

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 09:42:51 PM »

your computer is not recognizing your pv.  the only thing that it is showing is the winpv software update (which you are current on).  for some reason, your pv is not being seen.  try a different usb port? 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:47:00 PM by ekim60 »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

dnlpnd

• Full CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 10:36:22 PM »

your computer is not recognizing your pv.  the only thing that it is showing is the winpv software update (which you are current on).  for some reason, your pv is not being seen.  try a different usb port?

Genius...sheer genius!

I have a desktop computer with Win 7 and laptop with Win 7, none of the device stuff comes up on the desktop computer, but when I try everything on my laptop, my PV displays information similar to yours (see picture).  It's not the USB port either, the device connects and disconnects just as you would expect any USB device to behave when you plug it in.  The desktop computer immediately recognizes the device when the cable is plugged in and device reads "PC Link Mode Active".  Very weird!

Anyway, using my laptop, all the updates popped up and I installed all the updates successfully.

Thank You So Much for the Help,

dnlpnd

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:02:31 AM by dnlpnd »
SE Drop-On 117
SE Hi-Cap Oil Pan
SE Hi-Vol Oil Pump
SE Cam Plate
SE Adj Pushrods
SE Pro 58mm TB
SE 5.3 Injectors
SE Hvy Brthr Elite
Dynojet PV2
Dynojet TT-5X
Jackpot 2-1-2 SS
Jackpot Full X-over
Paul Yaffe Monsta 45s
GMR 600 Cams
S&S Prem Tappets
AV&V Valve Springs
Cometic .027 HG
Axtell Oil Bypass Valve
AIM Clutch Springs

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 11:38:46 PM »

In your opinion is the Auto Tune necessary?  If so, do you recommend the standard or pro Auto Tune?

Thanks

I was talking about the auto tune basic. It comes with as part of the standard PV setup. Do yourself a favor and check out dynojets page on YouTube. Lots of good videos on there that should answer most of your questions.
Jake

Timusa

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: Deep Sherwood Pearl 2014 FLHRSE6
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 03:34:26 PM »

2.) The closest tune available from Dynojet for my 2014 CVO Road King w/ Rinehart True Dual Extremes is a 2011 CVO 110 cu in Rinehart True Dual Extremes.  In fact, this 2011 tune is the newest 110 cu in "touring" tune in their system.  What are the differences between a 2011 touring 110 cu in and a 2014 Road King 110 cu in?  Do I dare try this tune with all the ECM differences (CAN bus) between a 2011 and 2014?

Thank You

I have the same bike and I actually tried to flash the '11 tune to my ECM, the Power Vision simply did not let me.
I started with a tune manually copied from SERT calibration, it did not work due to weird spark advance tables. Then I came back to my stock tune and started working on it. I left the spark advance tables basically stock and replaced just the AFR tables.
My goal was to get rid of the cells that read "14,6".
Then I put the PV in Autotune basic mode and made 10 runs, gathering info. Found my tune to be pretty close (1–3 percent).
Today I finally got the bike on dyne for one quick run. Results attached. The dyne guy said my AFR curve is good.

Timusa

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: Deep Sherwood Pearl 2014 FLHRSE6
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 03:39:11 PM »

The diagram above is from the second run. First was 95 HP, the dyno guy said the bike was hotter during the second run, so I lost one horse).
This second diagram is to compare my bike and the completely stock one (with stock mufflers, baffles, calibration and catalytic converter).
I am no pro, but I see the dip (between 2500 and 3500 RPM) in the stock bike diagram.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.