Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: How Do You Control Excessive Engine Heat in Your 110  (Read 6294 times)

tennesseeguy

Re: How Do You Control Excessive Engine Heat in Your 110
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 09:15:52 PM »

I have a Power Vision and dyno tune but still have some heat I'd like to lose.
Was thinking of the Jagg oil cooler but wondering if Jason's fan setup wouldn't be better. I
can't afford to do both right now.
2010 FLSTSE

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 08:48:17 AM »

Put 550+ miles on the bike over the weekend with temps in the low 90's . Wife was very impressed with the lack of radiant heat from the ex. It really makes a huge change , the stop and go , waiting at stop lights is nothing now. In fact the heat off the bike was less than the heat in the air from the other vehicles around us.  :2vrolijk_21:  The pipe was chrome and I had the heat shields ceramic coated as well. Its not the cheap black heat pipe that comes on stock pipes. Did the crusher trident mufflers as well. Wife put here make up bag in the saddle bag.. Saddle bags get pretty warm inside.. not any more  :2vrolijk_21: 103 build our cam pro tuner. not a dyno shoot winner by any means but runs well for the shop bike , with nothing more than a basic stage II build

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:54:29 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange (sold 2020)
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 09:47:10 AM »

I had a 12 Ultra with the 103 and that thing ran super super hot even on 75 degree days. I traded it for a 13 CVO ultra and immediately noticed a huge difference in the heat loss. Yes the 110 was cooler than the 103.

Over the past winter on the CVO I installed the fulsac x pipe and 2 inch cores along with a TTS tune that they provided. Not sure if it is just me or what but I swear this 110 now runs HOTTER than it did stock. Makes me wonder sometimes if I did something wrong on the install of the tune?

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »

Chief.. The down loads even if they are spot on for one bike may not be any where near for the next. I call them a starter map, nothing more. Sure you may have some that work great but there is always the 1 or 2 that are way out in left field. Many times what runs is not very close but most have nothing to compare it to so to them it better than it was so its "right" I would suggest that you use the TTS flight system and make a few V tune changes to the map. Or if that is not something you want to do or feel that you are comfortable with. Get in touch with hardtail on here and have him tune the bike for you.   To be clear I am not putting any one or shop down. A map that is from one bike is just that for that one bike.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 02:21:28 PM »

If you want performance, I think the collective here on CVO Harley will say Fullsac, especially if you're looking to stay on the quieter side. TTS goes very well along with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I am ging to talk to the shop about that kind of a deal. They put a TTS tuner in the wifes bike and it is a strong 103ci with that tune and the 255 cam that came out of my Fatbob.

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange (sold 2020)
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2014, 09:55:40 AM »

GMR

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you. Probably 99% of the time a "stock" dyno tune works great but like everything there is always an exception.

The other thing I noticed besides the more power and heat is my gas mileage has dropped off from around 48 mpg to 40 mpg when just tooling around taking it easy. Not sure what is going to happen when I hit the interstate later this month and run 80 for a couple hours straight!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 20 queries.