Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: What are you thoughts on the 2014 CVO Roadking?  (Read 11454 times)

TIGER

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE6
    • CVO2: FLSTNSE
Re: What are you thoughts on the 2014 CVO Roadking?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »

part 2
2. Style
    One-Touch Design: A functional element applied to the saddlebags and fuel tank door permits latching and unlatching with a press or pull of a finger. The new hard saddlebags have a sleeker shape and offer about 1 percent more capacity. New One Touch latch handles are located between the seat and the saddlebag. A new hinge design makes it possible to open the lid with one hand. The new saddlebag supports are made of cast aluminum and are cleaner looking, lighter in weight, comprise fewer parts, and provide better bag alignment than the steel supports they replace.

The shape, feel, position and function of all hand controls have been improved. Hand control buttons have a dished shape and angle that better fits the thumb or finger and provides positive engagement. Switch texture and keystroke was designed to provide better feel. The cruise control button is moved to the left hand control so the right hand no longer has to maintain the throttle. A new Trip switch trigger on the back of the left hand control cycles the LCD screen on the speedometer through odometer, trip, range to empty, clock and gear displays.
    New Fenders: The steel fender has a streamlined shape, and the skirt has been cut slightly higher to expose more of the front wheel. The fender is also tilted forward slightly to level it with the ground.
Other features of the 2014 CVO Road King:
Rubber-mounted, air-cooled Screamin' Eagle Twin Cam 110™ engine with Automatic Compression Release; rated at 116.5 ft. lbs. peak torque at 3750 rpm. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission.
    NEW Custom paint scheme is offered in three color combinations:
        Tribal Orange and Galactic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics
        Titanium Dust and Galactic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics
        Deep Sherwood Pearl and Galactic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics
    NEW Custom two-piece seat and matching passenger pillion finished in black "tuck and roll" leather.
    NEW Keyless ignition features hands-free operation with a proximity-based security fob.
    NEW Heavy Breather high-performance air cleaner features a Screamin' Eagle 110 insert, washable media filter and rain sock.
    NEW LED stop/tail/turn rear lighting is integrated in the fender filler panels.
    NEW Extended saddlebags with a chrome One-Touch latch.
    NEW Plush carryout saddlebag liners.
    NEW Internally wired, black 1.25-inch diameter handlebar with a revised ergonomic bend.
    NEW color-matched upper fork covers and nacelle, saddlebag hinges, rear fender strut covers, license plate light cover and rear fascia.
    Detachable Vented Wind Splitter windshield with an adjustable vane to match air flow to the rider's height.
    Low-profile chrome console holds a combination speedometer/tachometer with programmable back-light colors.
    Chrome billet-style extended reach heel shifter.
    Assist & Slip Clutch Pack provides a slip feature on downshifts to reduce loading of the driveline and improve shift feel. Hydraulic clutch actuation reduces lever effort.
    Slipstream Collection hand grips, rider floorboard inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal pad and passenger footpegs.
    Mirror Chrome Agitator Custom wheels with matching Agitator floating front brake rotors.
    Chrome billet muffler end caps with black spears.
    Electronic Cruise Control.
    Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System.
    Indoor/outdoor motorcycle storage cover; Customer Care Package: tool kit, microfiber detailing cloth, H-D® jiffy stand coaster
    Harley-Davidson Museum® Gold Package

SO RK CVO my 14 rules  :bananarock:
In peacetime, nothing suits better than the calm, modesty, humility, but the war comes, then take example on the Tiger.
W. Shakespeare.

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »

"The 2014 DOES have a "quick release" windshield.  I have a 14 SERK and absolutely love the bike.  I think it has a perfect mix of chrome and black."

Fully agree. Mine is new,not many miles yet. I'm 6'-2" and love the windshield, the air goes over my head and some hits me in the chest, but not enough to cause fatigue so far. Wife likes the pad. With my boney azz any seat short of a recliner (LOL) gives me a pain. I found getting the fat wallet out of my back pocket helps. Wish taller handlebars would work with the windshield.   
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

QSHOG

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 05:01:03 PM »

It's my favorite. I even like the tail lights. I would only change a few things to make it perfect…. to me.

kastout

• CT

• CVO1: 2014 road king
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 07:38:06 AM »

I PICKED MY 14 SERK SEPT 8, AND I LOVE IT , YES THE MIRRIORS ARE SMALL EASY FIX .MY WINDSHIELD COMES RIGHT OFF NO TOOLS JUST POP IT OFF . REAR PEGS ARE THE SAME AS A STREET GLIDE AGAIN EASY FIX IF YOU WANT BOARDS,AS FOR NOT ENOUGH CHROME IT SEAMS THAT BLACK IS THE NEW CHROME .I LOVE MY BIKE AND WOULD NOT TRADE IT.

TIGER

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE6
    • CVO2: FLSTNSE
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 04:42:57 PM »

perfect bike :bananarock:
In peacetime, nothing suits better than the calm, modesty, humility, but the war comes, then take example on the Tiger.
W. Shakespeare.

HRider

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 09:35:34 PM »

I 2nd that!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 20 queries.