Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Yaffee stealth plate bulb not working  (Read 5112 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Yaffee stealth plate bulb not working
« on: August 10, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »

I just noticed one of the 2 leds on my yaffee stealth isn't working. I have had it about 18 months. Anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Yaffee stealth plate bulb not working
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 05:08:07 PM »

Noticed same problem last night!! WTF?? One bulb on right side is out on mine.
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:42:39 PM »

Noticed same problem last night!! WTF?? One bulb on right side is out on mine.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR hoping someone knows a decent replacement to solder in?

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR hoping someone knows a decent replacement to solder in?

Jesse give this site a try:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

That's where I found the blue LED bulbs for all my instruments. I don't know what type of LED is in the Yaffe frame but superbright might have what you need. Check the "component LED" page since yours are probably some variation of a surface mount bulb.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:41:09 PM by phato1 »
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:17:51 PM »

Jesse give this site a try:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

That's where I found the blue LED bulbs for all my instruments. I don't know what type of LED is in the Yaffe frame but superbright might have what you need. Check the "component LED" page since yours are probably some variation of a surface mount bulb.
OK thank you.  Maybe I can find 2 red leds to replace the white!

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 07:22:52 PM »

Your welcome. Hope you find the ones you need. From what I'm reading here on other threads getting customer service from Yaffe can be a challenge....
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 07:43:19 PM »

Customer service is non existent. When I called all they could tell me is that it was made in China! I wanted to add a few more lights as the existing ones were not bright enough. I Bought a bunch of different strip and single bulbs from Superbright but none of them really worked without grinding a bigger recess to fit them in. I even tried a strip that is flexible but it was too thick and stuck out past the edge.  I couldn't find anything to fit so it is sitting on my work bench with $40.00 worth of extra lighting. At least I didn't pay another $100.00 to have it painted to match. Good luck and let us know what you figure out.
T-MAN 117 kit

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »

Are these the type in there?

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 08:20:53 PM »

OK, after looking at the Stealth plate mount (online because I don't have one) it looks like maybe these could be made to work in that tiny recess they put the LED's in:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/side-emitting/side-emitting-led-weatherproof-flexible-light-strip--swfls-series/1542/

Of course this keeps up I may just order one so I can develop a repair for the thing  - everyone needs at least one project in the garage/shop  :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:23:38 PM by phato1 »

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 08:45:09 PM »

OK, after looking at the Stealth plate mount (online because I don't have one) it looks like maybe these could be made to work in that tiny recess they put the LED's in:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/side-emitting/side-emitting-led-weatherproof-flexible-light-strip--swfls-series/1542/

Of course this keeps up I may just order one so I can develop a repair for the thing  - everyone needs at least one project in the garage/shop  :huepfenlol2:

Jeez don't buy one, I been thinking of swapping back to my oem bracket and if I do I will send you mine to experiment with. The problem is I had to cut my plate to fit so I need to get a new plate before I swap.
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 08:51:51 PM »

Jeez don't buy one, I been thinking of swapping back to my oem bracket and if I do I will send you mine to experiment with. The problem is I had to cut my plate to fit so I need to get a new plate before I swap.

I'm willing to give it a try. the hardest part looks to be finding a slim enough side emitting LED that's waterproof - but I'm thinking it can be done.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 10:44:26 PM »

Your welcome. Hope you find the ones you need. From what I'm reading here on other threads getting customer service from Yaffe can be a challenge....

I'm not going to call Yaffee. Don't see the point it's almost 2 years old. Just gonna pull it off and see what I can do with it. I'm really surprised it failed already though LED's usually last and eternity!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 10:58:32 AM »

Well I emailed Yaffee and they said they switched to a new LED strip instead of the 2 separate bulbs. Offered no assistance as to how to fix or even a discount on the new style.

johnmowcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »

Is it me.

Well that's Yaffe for you. ??What is a Yaffe stealth anyway?

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 04:13:49 PM »

Is it me.

Well that's Yaffe for you. ??What is a Yaffe stealth anyway?

It's the beautiful license plate bracket on the arse of my CVO and several others.

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.