Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Re: CVO site business card  (Read 11109 times)

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
Re: CVO site business card
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2005, 04:34:56 PM »

NICE CARDS!!! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  [smiley=laugh.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2005, 08:34:33 PM »

First thing that comes to mind is the obvious stuff.  Using the name and logo the disclaimers will have to be there someplace.  It gorgeous.  But it could get someone's fanny in a wringer.

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2005, 08:37:25 PM »

Here's the card.  

Sorry for the editing mistake.  Not a mistake by Striker but by Twolane.  Bad mouse aim.....
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 08:48:37 PM by twolanerider »
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2005, 08:40:14 PM »

Please be more specific about disclaimers, etc.  Since the Harley Logo was on the other card I thought we could put it on this one.  Fill me, so we get this the way you guys want it.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2005, 08:45:35 PM »

Striker, the logo and name and model names and various other slogans will be (variously) trademarked or copyrighted.  Harley is notorious for enforcing their trademark and copyright rights.  So standard disclaimers will always need to be used when any intellectual or other property gets used.  Look back in this thread at the post with the original card and you'll see disclaimer language in three lines of text in the bottom center.

The other thing that comes to mind is that the card looks so corporate and so good that some might expect a company sponsored entity.  Perhaps a line to point out that we're a private group would be a good idea too.  Something like:

"A private riders' group interested in the ride; and the ride."

Just an idea  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 08:51:30 PM by twolanerider »

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2005, 09:45:11 PM »

Proof # 2, keep the input coming
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2005, 10:01:59 PM »

Ok Striker, I'm not a big fan of the "ride....destination" line.   When I was thinking "ride" and "ride" in the other post was trying for a play on "ride" as in the bike and "ride" as in the journey.  So we'd be still be bragging about the bikes we like so much along with the fact that we get out and use them.  Apparently I missed the mark (it's happened before  [smiley=7.gif] )

But...  the whole "it's about the journey, not the destination" and its variants are so well used anymore we're not adding anything unique to such a hot looking visual idea.  What are you thinking?

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2005, 10:07:17 PM »

I do this every day for a living, and it is very easy to get in a rut on creativity, so I am more interested in what you and others are thinking.  You give me the ideas, and I will try to make them work.  Come up with a better way of saying what you mean on the ride, cause I did not pick up on that til you just said it.  The idea is good, but I think if we can come with something that when others read it they think "Cool idea" we have a hit.  It is a play on words, so keep throwing out ideas.  It doesn't hurt my feelings, get it everyday. [smiley=bigok.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2005, 10:11:35 PM »

I do this every day for a living, and it is very easy to get in a rut on creativity, so I am more interested in what you and others are thinking.  You give me the ideas, and I will try to make them work.  Come up with a better way of saying what you mean on the ride, cause I did not pick up on that til you just said it.  The idea is good, but I think if we can come with something that when others read it they think "Cool idea" we have a hit.  It is a play on words, so keep throwing out ideas.  It doesn't hurt my feelings, get it everyday. [smiley=bigok.gif]

Don't worry about knocking the idea either Striker.  I used to produce a fair amount of ad copy.  One of the things you learn there is that no matter how good an idea sounds inside your head if it doesn't translate well outside your head it's probably not going to get the idea across.  Far more important to get the message across in a good way than it is to worry about who it comes from  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2005, 10:36:59 PM »

I agree with you 100%.  So how do we get more people to repond, I like the idea of having a generic card that represents the group.  I also am excited about spinning this off to some type of patches we can have made.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
"Man what a ride!"

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2005, 10:40:21 PM »

This one is a winner!!! We can collectively work on the "destination/ride" line but don't change anything else...IMHO its perfect! Good job Striker...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2005, 10:43:28 PM »

I agree with you 100%.  So how do we get more people to repond, I like the idea of having a generic card that represents the group.  I also am excited about spinning this off to some type of patches we can have made.

Just leave it here a few days for people to chew on a bit.  They'll throw in some ideas as they occur.  

So what's a prospective patch idea look like?  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2005, 11:04:34 PM »

Striker, I really like the design.  Great work! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Seems like I saw someone mention this earlier, but I think we need to get naitram's support on whatever is deemed the "official" version.  

What about incorporating the "The Home for CVO Harley Owners" slogan?

Also "Harley-Davidson" need to be hyphenated in the bold, large-font text.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2005, 11:06:27 PM »

I like the card.....a lot.  But I'm not sure how HD is going to feel about us using their copyrighted logo.  Remember, they do monitor this site.  For those who are new here and don't know, a blind eye (of sorts) is turned towards us (and other sites that use copyrighted logos, names, etc.) as long as no money changes hands, the language is kept clean and no nudity, etc.  

As soon as cards are made, money changes hands.  While "we" are not making a profit and only paying for what we plan to use ourselves, somebody (the printer) is making a profit (using the HD logo).  What do you guys think?

I hate to rain on this parade however, I don't want to put the money out for the cards just in time for us to get a letter from HD.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 11:08:15 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2005, 11:08:54 PM »

I like the card.....a lot.  But I'm not sure how HD is going to feel about us using their copyrighted logo.  Remember, they do monitor this site.  For those who are new here and don't know, a blind eye is turned towards us (and other sites that use copyrighted logos, names, etc.) as long as no money changes hands, the language is kept clean and no nudity, etc.  

As soon as cards are made, money changes hands.  While "we" are not making a profit and only paying for what we plan to use ourselves, somebody (the printer) is making a profit (using the HD logo).  What do you guys think?

I hate to rain on this parade however, I don't want to put the money out for the cards just in time for us to get a letter from HD.

Only thing that had me pushing the disclaimer and be less worried about the publication itself JC is that the logo was used (twice) on the cards we've been using.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 20 queries.