Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Author Topic: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout  (Read 30731 times)

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout
« on: November 13, 2012, 08:49:16 PM »

Was talking with support today at V/H.  They tell me they have a Breakout that was lent to them for a few days so they can do measurements to find out what exhausts will fit. 

Gave them my email address.  Dave there said they would let me know the second they have all the info.

on a side note, I am a Cobra Fi2000 Auto Tuner fan.  I also called them.  They gave me the part number for the auto tuner to fit the Breakout.  I had no idea this would all come together so quickly....

This is excellent...I can't wait to get a "real" exhaust system and fuel management on this bike to truly make it complete...... :cucumber:
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
Re: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:20:58 AM »

Thanks for the update, let us know the second you find out (although I have been instructed by wife-no mods).  That exhaust system is just so damn weak.

Was talking with support today at V/H.  They tell me they have a Breakout that was lent to them for a few days so they can do measurements to find out what exhausts will fit.  

Gave them my email address.  Dave there said they would let me know the second they have all the info.

on a side note, I am a Cobra Fi2000 Auto Tuner fan.  I also called them.  They gave me the part number for the auto tuner to fit the Breakout.  I had no idea this would all come together so quickly....

This is excellent...I can't wait to get a "real" exhaust system and fuel management on this bike to truly make it complete...... :cucumber:

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »

[on a side note, I am a Cobra Fi2000 Auto Tuner fan.  I also called them.  They gave me the part number for the auto tuner to fit the Breakout.  I had no idea this would all come together so quickly....

[/quote]

Z! Sweet! :bananarock:  Talked to my dealer yesterday and mine good to go for February delivery.  They have not had any other Breakouts come in, but he did say they two others on order for delivery in April that are already sold.  My plan is to have the exhaust mod done at the dealer with the new V/H @ 2 into 1 BR.  I do not have a lot of experience with tuners but seems the popular ones are V/H, TTS Mastertune, Cobra, etc.  Looking for something that once it is installed it is done and I don't have to mess around with it again.  Any suggestions?
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »

Looked on V/H website today and noticed that the tag they once had for the 2 into 1 not yet available for the breakout is gone.  Does anyone know if they are in fact now compatible with the Breakouts?

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 02:50:55 PM »

Looked on V/H website today and noticed that the tag they once had for the 2 into 1 not yet available for the breakout is gone.  Does anyone know if they are in fact now compatible with the Breakouts?

I did just talk with Scott at V/H....didn't know why the blog entry had been removed, but said the BR 2-1 would be ready for the Breakout in late December....bummer...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »

Interesting, I just called before seeing your post and the guy I talked to there said March????

I did just talk with Scott at V/H....didn't know why the blog entry had been removed, but said the BR 2-1 would be ready for the Breakout in late December....bummer...

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 03:03:12 PM »

I do not have a lot of experience with tuners but seems the popular ones are V/H, TTS Mastertune, Cobra, etc.  Looking for something that once it is installed it is done and I don't have to mess around with it again.  Any suggestions?

Hi B2B,

I already have my Cobra Fi2000 PowerPro autotuner for the Breakout...received it last week.  Cobra confirmed that the part number for the 2012 Softail CVO works fine with the Breakout, so they are using the same Cobra part number as with the 2012 ...692-1626AT.

I have been using this unit on my V-Rod since I bought it back in September.  Love it.  install and forget it.  has only 4 connections: two to the o2 sensors and one to each injector module, plus ground.  That's it.  It only autotunes during acceleration, and sends a pre-determined AFR during cruise(you can modify this fuel rate via a pod on the circuit board of the unit if you need to add or subtract some fuel for cruising).

The difference in power and throttle response on my V-Rod was very noticable.  I actually put on my hi-flow A/C and exhaust on the V-Rod and rode it for a few miles( not too much since it would be running really lean in this configuration), then added the Cobra, and BAM, it was like night and day....

Another reason I like the Cobra is that since you are not jacking with the stock ECU load whatsoever, there can be no finger pointing if a have a warranty issue.  Pop off the four connections and you are runninng the bike bone stock from an air-fuel ratio perspective.  I know there are some folks out there that like a fueler that allows them to tinker with the setup to allow for the highest performance, and that's great for the folks that like to do that, I'm just not one of them.

I'm going to go ahead and install the Cobra now with my V/H slip-ons, and then it will automatically pickup and recognize the 2-1 full system when I can get it from V/H....

Jeff

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »

Interesting, I just called before seeing your post and the guy I talked to there said March????

Well, there you go!  So this means we check the site every few days until it actually shows up for our bike I suppose...

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »

I'm new to this site but I got a new 2013 breakout and got the vance &hines 2 into 1 big radius exhaust
and it fit perfectly. It sounds great! Part # is 28019 if anybody is wondering. :bananarock:

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 06:41:09 PM »

pics please- and what color did you get and where?

I'm new to this site but I got a new 2013 breakout and got the vance &hines 2 into 1 big radius exhaust
and it fit perfectly. It sounds great! Part # is 28019 if anybody is wondering. :bananarock:

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 07:00:27 PM »

will try and post pics soon, purchased in omaha, had the bike listed on there website and the original buyer
backed out. got the black diamond and molten silver.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »

Well done-love the shine on the top of the tank on the black and silver color.  Did the dealer put on the Vance and Hines pipes?

will try and post pics soon, purchased in omaha, had the bike listed on there website and the original buyer
backed out. got the black diamond and molten silver.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 08:40:30 PM »

Oh you certainly have my attention now.

:worthless:

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »

Oh yes please some pics  :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »

here is a pic with my phone, not the best but you get the idea. just went out riding and i love these pipes!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 07:21:08 PM »

Okay....we need bigger pics ASAP!!!!!

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 07:26:49 PM »

sorry, will try to get better pics soon

fly

• AB

• CVO1: VRSCSE2 Scarlet Red Pearl
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 07:43:34 PM »

Looks good but yeah we need some bigger pics please.

Blondie12

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 08:22:05 PM »

So did t.he dealer do the install?  And what fuel injection module did you go with?

uote author=cbdeluxe link=topic=79753.msg1086628#msg1086628 date=1354577821]
here is a pic with my phone, not the best but you get the idea. just went out riding and i love these pipes!
[/quote]

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 09:29:34 PM »

I installed the pipes and i have the screamin eagle tuner, could not find any other tuner that said it would fit.
wanted to go with the power commander just because i've have good luck on previous bikes, but there are no
good maps and the harley tuner at least has some good base maps.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 09:44:47 AM »

So you installed the pipes yourself then?  I am assuming you have been following this thread- Vance and Hines told me and z06_Pilot that the pipes weren't ready yet for the Breakout.  Did you have to do any modifications with the 02 sensors or anything to make things work?

I installed the pipes and i have the screamin eagle tuner, could not find any other tuner that said it would fit.
wanted to go with the power commander just because i've have good luck on previous bikes, but there are no
good maps and the harley tuner at least has some good base maps.

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 10:17:22 AM »

I did not have to modify anything on those pipes. Iwas definately hesitant about this but
i was on j@p cycles website and it had those listed for fitment. I dont know whats going to be different
with the new pipes but i can't see anything that would make me think there is something
wrong with the fitment. it's funny if you go on dennis kirks website they show those pipes
as a new part.

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 04:25:54 PM »

cbdeluxe that looks awesome - Cant wait to see some better pics .
Thanks for posting that one

Dell boy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 11:56:31 AM »

Hi - Cant tell from the photo but did you retain the rear footrests with the exhuast on ?

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »

it comes with a relocation bracket for the r/side but you have to purchase an additional one for the left. I will be
riding this solo so I am not going to run the rear pegs.

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

• CVO1: '13 CVO Breakout (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: '05 FXD
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 10:13:34 AM »

Slowly but surely....if you haven't seen it, V&H posted on their Facebook page a picture of the Gold Breakout that they just received so that they can do their fitment for exhausts.  Hope they are working a deal with Santa's elves to get me a set for Christmas!!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
Engine Guard with Slipstream Highway Pegs
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 10:42:36 AM »

Saw the pics last night on the FB page....The wait is starting to kill me!  LOL  Delivery is suppose to be end of January for me.  Even though I will not be able to ride right way, At least I can hang out with it in my garage :cucumber:

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 12:02:45 PM »

What EFI fueler system are all of you planning to use with your new vance and hines pipes that we all hope they release soon (SERT, powercommander, cobra, ect)?

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 12:16:20 PM »

What EFI fueler system are all of you planning to use with your new vance and hines pipes that we all hope they release soon (SERT, powercommander, cobra, ect)?

I'm new to the world of fuelers, so I don't even really know what to consider.
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 12:30:56 PM »

I have used the PC(from DynaJet) III and V, the TV-3 autotuner from Terry Components, and the Cobra Fi2000 PowerPro Autotuner....

My pick of the litter is the Cobra.  I am running it on my V-Rod now, and have already received the one I will be putting on my Breakout.  I'm not a "tweaker" like some of the folks are that like to play with fueler settings through their laptop, and modify the stock ECU map to match their modifications perfectly.

I prefer the set-and-forget approach, which is why I like the Cobra.  It only tunes on acceleration and modifies the fuel release based on that.  When cruising it sends a fixed fuel rate into the system.  The difference in power and throttle response on my V-Rod compared to stock is like night and day, so the auto tune route more than meets my needs.

Other reasons I like the Cobra is that it will adjust to any modification changes I make and also adjusts to changing altitudes(I ride in the mountains quite a bit every year).  So I don't have to load or change existing mapping through a laptop or on the unit itself.

Finally, the Cobra unit does not attach to the ECU connector on the bike at all.  So, if I ever experience some type of issue with the motor(hesitation, hard starting, etc), I simply remove 4 easy to locate connectors(2 on the fuel injectors and 2 on the o2 sensors), and the bike is completely stock......

There are a mind-numbing number of players out there for sure and everybody has their favorite!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:33:58 PM by Z06_Pilot »

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 05:01:09 AM »

sorry, will try to get better pics soon

We've been so patient! :orange:
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »

Slowly but surely....if you haven't seen it, V&H posted on their Facebook page a picture of the Gold Breakout that they just received so that they can do their fitment for exhausts.  Hope they are working a deal with Santa's elves to get me a set for Christmas!!

If you hadn't seen this on the V&H Facebook page, it was posted on the 12th: "The first confirmed fitments for the CVO Breakout is part numbers 16831 Straightshots HS slip-ons and 16835 Twin Slash 3-inch"

Greg
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Ronhend

• Junior CVO Member
  • [IMG]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/ronh

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 12:23:13 PM »

I really like the look of the V&H 2 into 1 pipes :)

I have never known anyone with these and am curious as to how loud they are.

I like a good sound but am not a fan of very loud exhaust.

Anyone had a set of these?

Thanks,

Ron

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 12:37:53 PM »

I really like the look of the V&H 2 into 1 pipes :)

I have never known anyone with these and am curious as to how loud they are.

I like a good sound but am not a fan of very loud exhaust.

Anyone had a set of these?

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron.  I have had this exhaust on my 2008 FXSTC Custom for 5 years.  I have a Big Bore 103" motor upgrade with SE racing heads.  I only mention that because the compression on that motor is close to the stock 110 in my CVO, so from a sound perspective, they should be similiar, I think(but I am NOT a motorhead, so I may get corrected).  My caveat to this is the Breakout sits several inches lower in the rear than my Custom, and the 2-1 exhaust is angled so that it is pointing toward the ground, meaning there could be some increase in volume from the sound bouncing off the pavement, compared to what I am used to....not sure about that....

I want a very low, rumbling sound on my exhaust, and that's exactly what I have with the BR 2-1. To me, that is what Harley's sounded like back in the day, IMO. The tone is low enough to set off alarms up and down my street, but the volume is not that loud.  Some folks like the raspy, higher pitched sound of say, a Rinehart Racing exhaust, so there is certainly a lot to choose from.  I have only had V/H exhaust on all my bikes(my V-Rod being the exception), so I can speak to their quality.  Their chrome is as high a quality as HD and maybe even more.  I have never, ever had a V/H exhaust blue on me before.  Plus they have real people in California that handle their tech support lines and I have always had great luck with them.. 

I am waiting impatiently for V/H to confirm 2-1 fitment for the Breakout !

Ronhend

• Junior CVO Member
  • [IMG]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/ronh

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 01:00:39 PM »

Thanks  Z06 for the reply.

I also like a deep rumble versus the high pitch sound.
On my Ultra I have a set of V&H monster ovals. These are deep sounding but not too loud.
I expect the 2 into 1 to be louder. On a bike like the Breakout, I want them to be a little louder but not painful. :(

You are right, Vance & Hines makes a quality product.

Ron

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 07:57:49 PM »

I have these on mine and tho they are loud, they are not obnoxious. The thing I have to get used
to is the way the sound echos off the pavement, not bad just different.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »

I have these on mine and tho they are loud, they are not obnoxious. The thing I have to get used
to is the way the sound echos off the pavement, not bad just different.

DUDE.  where are those pix we have been waiting for of your bike with this exhaust... PLZ, I really want to see this !!

thanks.

Mike M

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 10:47:52 PM »

I just put the 3 inch VH Slip Ons on my breakout two days ago and it now sounds like a real Harley which is sweet!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »

I just put the 3 inch VH Slip Ons on my breakout two days ago and it now sounds like a real Harley which is sweet!

Same here....gives it a nasty growl

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 10:07:22 AM »

Trying to decide if I want to go with the slip-ons or wait for the BR 2-2...decisions, decisions!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »

Trying to decide if I want to go with the slip-ons or wait for the BR 2-2...decisions, decisions!

I hear ya.....I just couldn't stand it anymore, so I had to get something to fill the void !

Ah, so you are going with the BR 2-2....beautiful exhaust.  Someone here posted a pic of a black Breakout with the BR 2-2 installed.  It was in a dealer parking lot....Lake Charles Harley-Davidson if I remember correctly.  So folks are already mounting existing part numbers to these bikes.

I am this close to getting the BR 2-1 that I have confirmed was installed on a Breakout-an existing V/H part number.  I noticed that Dennis Kirk has the best price by far that I have found.  They have a 90 day return policy with no restocking fees, and they tell me part #28019 will fit my bike.  And if it doesn't I can always return it and just be out the shipping....

so close to pulling the trigger.....

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 06:12:24 PM »

Just do it! You wont regret it :2vrolijk_21:

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 01:45:51 AM »

Yes do it Z06 you are the man for the job ,your reports are second to none and i /we need more detailed information :2vrolijk_21:

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 09:28:26 AM »

Best to wait and get confirmation- I spoke with a rep at Vance and Hines and he said they had to work with the 02 sensors?    Current set up "probably" works just fine, but I know I don't want to spend the money and potentially mess up the bike, so I am waiting, not to mention that mine is in storage anyway, so I guess that makes it easier for me to wait (did buy slip ons, but I won't put those on until I get a fueler so it is tuned properly).

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 10:41:53 AM »

I've got some Chrome Cash to burn, so I'll probably order through the local HD shop once they're confirmed. Either that or use it for some heated riding gear!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 04:11:13 PM »

I've got some Chrome Cash to burn, so I'll probably order through the local HD shop once they're confirmed. Either that or use it for some heated riding gear!

Oh, heated riding gear. After my wife and dogs, my Gerbings heated gear would would be the next thing I would get out of my house if it was on fire...incredible stuff.  I can ride down to about 35 degrees and nary a spot on me gets the least bit cold...very highly recommended.... :2vrolijk_21:

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2013, 11:35:33 AM »

So I posted on V&H Facebook page the other day that I was hoping to see some part numbers soon (specifically for the BR 2-2).

They replied yesterday "you can find it in our 2013 HD Catalog!"

They have the 2013 catalog available for download on the V&H website.  In the catalog, there's a photo of the Breakout sporting the BR 2-2!!  Part number, as listed in the catalog after scanning the QR code, is 26059.

Guess I know what I'll be ordering this afternoon!!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2013, 12:48:02 PM »

So I posted on V&H Facebook page the other day that I was hoping to see some part numbers soon (specifically for the BR 2-2).

They replied yesterday "you can find it in our 2013 HD Catalog!"

They have the 2013 catalog available for download on the V&H website.  In the catalog, there's a photo of the Breakout sporting the BR 2-2!!  Part number, as listed in the catalog after scanning the QR code, is 26059.

Guess I know what I'll be ordering this afternoon!!

Hey G_Fend.

Nice find!   BUT, get this...

I just called them.  They said the Breakout pix was photoshopped in the 2013 catalog to show what the fitment will look like.  He said the 26059 will not fit it.

According to Mike(?), the Breakout has the O2 sensors installed at a 45 degree angle which is different from the other 2013 Softails, so they are having to re-tool their manufacturing process to account for this.....he said it won't be out until March.

Of course I told him that it was a really bad idea to not put that in the fine print in the catalog because folks like me and you would be burning up cyberspace to get these on order!

NOW, here's what does not square with me.  There is a member on this site that had the BR 2-1 installed on his bike by the dealer when he bought it.  He had a small blurry picture that he posted ahwile back.....so how did they do that????

I honestly don't know what to believe at this point.......
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 12:58:44 PM by Z06_Pilot »

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2013, 12:56:28 PM »

one other thing. If the pix in the catalog is truly Photoshopped, it is of value to me.   I was hell-bent on getting the BR 2-1 on my Breakout like I had on my FXSTC, but after seeing the 2-2 on the bike....I'm with some of the rest of you...THAT is the exhaust for this bike.

I am comparing the 2-2 on the Breakout with the 2-1 on a Softail in the catalog.  The 2-1 hides the oil lines and covers part of the rear wheel.  The 2-2 avoids all of that....looks perfect on this bike!

I want it....I want it right now!

G_Fend, maybe you can call V/H as well when you get a chance and see if you get a different answer?

thanks

Jeff

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2013, 02:27:17 PM »

DAMN IT!  I'm on hold with them now....then I just came here to see if anyone else saw the catalog!  This is worse then going to a full contact strip club while on a handfull of viagra!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2013, 02:30:51 PM »

DAMN IT!  I'm on hold with them now....then I just came here to see if anyone else saw the catalog!  This is worse then going to a full contact strip club while on a handfull of viagra!

Yea, we do seem to be in the grasp of the V/H tease here.  Please let us know what story you get...

I am ready to order these like,  NOW....

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2013, 02:33:51 PM »

Hey G_Fend.

Nice find!   BUT, get this...

I just called them.  They said the Breakout pix was photoshopped in the 2013 catalog to show what the fitment will look like.  He said the 26059 will not fit it.

According to Mike(?), the Breakout has the O2 sensors installed at a 45 degree angle which is different from the other 2013 Softails, so they are having to re-tool their manufacturing process to account for this.....he said it won't be out until March.

Of course I told him that it was a really bad idea to not put that in the fine print in the catalog because folks like me and you would be burning up cyberspace to get these on order!

NOW, here's what does not square with me.  There is a member on this site that had the BR 2-1 installed on his bike by the dealer when he bought it.  He had a small blurry picture that he posted ahwile back.....so how did they do that????

I honestly don't know what to believe at this point.......

I just got the EXACT same answer from another guy....March for sure.  I guess its not too far off.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2013, 02:45:54 PM »

thanks for letting us know.

sounds like we are suffering an early adoptor penalty...

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2013, 02:47:14 PM »

Arrrrrrgh!  :soapbox:

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2013, 02:57:05 PM »

Figures!

This is what happens when the marketing people don't talk to the engineers.  Guess I'll hold my breath a little bit longer...I don't think I can get much more blue in the face!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2013, 03:18:43 PM »

A few of the posts on this thread smell a bit fishy ............. :confused5:

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »

cbdeluxe was the poster that showed a picture of his black breakout with the 2 into 1 set up-if he chimes in maybe we can figure out what was done with the 02 sensors (although I think he had the dealer install them so he may not be able to answer).  I am actually getting more and more tempted to get the bike out of storage because it's 60 here today and the rain should have washed away the salt.  So, if we don't get any bad weather in the next couple of days I will consider taking the cover off and getting on the road.  Also want to know what my Rush slip ons will sound like, put those on last weekend, but still need to get the PowerVision for the remap.

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2013, 04:03:42 PM »

This is an actual bike that I personally saw at St Charles Harley Davidson in October that had the V/H 2-2 BR pipes.  Their shop said the pipes from the Rocker C fit perfect.  You can talk to Marshall Tucker their and he can give you the rundown.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2013, 04:42:18 PM »

This is an actual bike that I personally saw at St Charles Harley Davidson in October that had the V/H 2-2 BR pipes.  Their shop said the pipes from the Rocker C fit perfect.  You can talk to Marshall Tucker their and he can give you the rundown.

OK, I had to go get a cup for my drool.  Thanks for posting this Born.. I knew I had seen this posted awhile back.  This is craziness.  we now have 2 confirmed Big Radius installs.

I am going to call Saint Charles HD, talk to Marshall and get the scoop.  If they installed it w/o having to make any modifications to the o2 mounts or anything else, I'm ordering this sucker and putting it on.....

Dennis Kirk has a liberal return policy, so I there is an issue, I will only be out shipping costs...

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2013, 04:52:51 PM »

OK, I had to go get a cup for my drool.  Thanks for posting this Born.. I knew I had seen this posted awhile back.  This is craziness.  we now have 2 confirmed Big Radius installs.

I am going to call Saint Charles HD, talk to Marshall and get the scoop.  If they installed it w/o having to make any modifications to the o2 mounts or anything else, I'm ordering this sucker and putting it on.....

Dennis Kirk has a liberal return policy, so I there is an issue, I will only be out shipping costs...

Report back stat!

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »

Hey guys, the o2 sensor angle on these pipes seem to be exzactly like the stock pipe and the
wires ran in the same location. I installed these pipes myself and found these to be the
easiest install ever. sorry for the bad pic i posted earlier but im a bit new to this and my
bike is now in storage. I will post another attempt at a better pic soon.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2013, 05:06:31 PM »

OK,

here it is.  Marshall was on vacation, but I talked to Tom in service, who also got one of his techs and a parts guy together on the phone with me that were very familiar with the install(really helpful folks!).

They dropped the o2 sensors-that's how they got it to work.  He confirmed that the o2's on the breakout would not fit on the Rocker part number,  2-2 exhaust, both from a size and angle perspective.  so they did the "bung" install on the exhaust so the ECU would have something to read for the Power Commander tuner they put on the bike....

So I guess the guys at V/H support are correct.....

I think if they had gotten the fitment part for the 2012-2013 Softail instead of the Rocker(which uses the pre-2012 o2 sensors) the o2's would have probably worked, BUT I bet the hangers would not connect in the right place, hence the reason they went with the Rocker fitement and dropped the O2's, perhaps?

A couple of months more for me I guess...so close!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2013, 05:13:54 PM »

Hey guys, the o2 sensor angle on these pipes seem to be exzactly like the stock pipe and the
wires ran in the same location. I installed these pipes myself and found these to be the
easiest install ever. sorry for the bad pic i posted earlier but im a bit new to this and my
bike is now in storage. I will post another attempt at a better pic soon.

HA!   OK, so I am confused again. Good info deluxe..... I know that you used the fitment on the V/H website for the 2012-2013 Softail.  I remember your post awhile back and the part number was #28019. 

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »

I am going to uncover my bike and try some better pics for you guys.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2013, 05:19:23 PM »

I am going to uncover my bike and try some better pics for you guys.

PLEASE DO!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »

Hey, we need to all get on a conference call!

OK, so I know that cbdeluxe's part number matches the 2012-2013 V/H fitment for Softail for the 2-1.

I just went to J/P cycles.  They confirm on their website that both the Big Radius 2-1, and 2-2 part numbers for 2012-2013 Softails will fit my bike.

I'm taking one for the team   ;D  I just ordered the BR 2-2 from Dennis Kirk.....V/H part #26059

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2013, 05:35:25 PM »

Hey Z, what changed your mind about the 2 into 1? I had the 2 into 2 on a rocker and they are
friggen loud, plus you lose a little bottom end.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »

OK, so I know that cbdeluxe's part number matches the 2012-2013 V/H fitment for Softail for the 2-1.

I just went to J/P cycles.  They confirm on their website that both the Big Radius 2-1, and 2-2 part numbers for 2012-2013 Softails will fit my bike.

I'm taking one for the team   ;D  I just ordered the BR 2-2 from Dennis Kirk.....V/H part #26059

Wow....at least we will find out soon?  When would you put them on or have them installed?

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2013, 05:52:16 PM »

Good Luck Z!!!  I have decided to go with the Bassani Road Rage Short. I love the V/H's but the Bassani won my eyes.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2013, 05:55:09 PM »

Hey CB,  it was the "photoshopped" picture of the Breakout 2-2 that V/H put in their 2013 catalog, as well as the "live" pix that Born2Breakout posted in this thread.  I then looked in the catalog of a 2-1 mounted on a Softial.  It covers up the oil lines and more of the rear wheel than I would like.  The 2-2 drops down under the oil lines on the Breakout and ends just at the edge of the rear wheel.

My wife and I saw the pic that Born posted and both said "it's got to be the 2-2".

I hear what you are saying about power, but the bike is stock with 2-2, and the V/H 2-2 is larger diameter than stock, so would I really lose anything from a torque or power perspective?

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2013, 05:58:34 PM »

Wow....at least we will find out soon?  When would you put them on or have them installed?

DK will ship UPS today(free shipping!), and they say they will arrive Tuesday, 1/15....I will get them installed Thu or Fri of next week....

I figure, if there is an issue, the most I am out is $30 or so to ship them back.....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:03:42 PM by Z06_Pilot »

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2013, 07:05:36 PM »

z06- will you do the install or have someone do it?  If someone else does it try and get all the info. regarding any modificatons that had to be done.  Also, have you checked with fuel moto to see if they have a map that should work?

DK will ship UPS today(free shipping!), and they say they will arrive Tuesday, 1/15....I will get them installed Thu or Fri of next week....

I figure, if there is an issue, the most I am out is $30 or so to ship them back.....

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2013, 08:19:10 PM »

z06- will you do the install or have someone do it?  If someone else does it try and get all the info. regarding any modificatons that had to be done.  Also, have you checked with fuel moto to see if they have a map that should work?

I exchanged emails with fuelmoto this afternoon and they said they have some maps already developed for the Breakout and are developing more as we speak.   They gave me some great pricing on the Bassani exhaust/PV2/AT-110B kit that I am going to pull the trigger on.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2013, 10:37:10 PM »

z06- will you do the install or have someone do it?  If someone else does it try and get all the info. regarding any modificatons that had to be done.  Also, have you checked with fuel moto to see if they have a map that should work?

Hey Dobe,

I am going to have it done at my local HD shop.  Doing exhaust makes me crazy.  I end up with scraped knuckles and throwing tools everywhere !

I am hoping no modifications will be needed.  If they do, I might just send them back and wait for V/H to get their act together.  Guess I will have to see what's required.

I am actually working directly with the support folks at DynoJet regarding a PV tune.  They jumped in right from the beginning with my initial tune.....however the FM folks are great.  Jamie there is on top of the Power Vision product.  It's great to have a choice of two great support organizations to help me out.

DynoJet told me they have a tune for the BR 2-1 and 2-2.  i will be sending them an email this weekend with my original factory tune so they can make the mod for the BR 2-2.

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:43:55 PM by Z06_Pilot »

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2013, 09:43:46 AM »

Great, just let us know how it goes.  I don't know if I would attempt a full exhaust or not- slip ons I can handle, but a full exhaust, with 02 sensors and all?  Anyway, good luck with it and I hope you have some good weather out there and you can let us know what you think. 

Hey Dobe,

I am going to have it done at my local HD shop.  Doing exhaust makes me crazy.  I end up with scraped knuckles and throwing tools everywhere !

I am hoping no modifications will be needed.  If they do, I might just send them back and wait for V/H to get their act together.  Guess I will have to see what's required.

I am actually working directly with the support folks at DynoJet regarding a PV tune.  They jumped in right from the beginning with my initial tune.....however the FM folks are great.  Jamie there is on top of the Power Vision product.  It's great to have a choice of two great support organizations to help me out.

DynoJet told me they have a tune for the BR 2-1 and 2-2.  i will be sending them an email this weekend with my original factory tune so they can make the mod for the BR 2-2.

Jeff

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2013, 10:33:18 AM »

cbdeluxe....dyin' por pics over here! 

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2013, 10:49:39 AM »

Great, just let us know how it goes.  I don't know if I would attempt a full exhaust or not- slip ons I can handle, but a full exhaust, with 02 sensors and all?  Anyway, good luck with it and I hope you have some good weather out there and you can let us know what you think.  

Hey Dobe,

I just talked to the dealer and I will get the bike over there this Friday when they open at 10:00, and this time of year, I can just wait on it.  I have to go to a dealer that is about 45 minutes away.  My local dealer that I buy from stopped doing ALL mod work other than HD accessories this past summer.  They will not put anything on a bike that modifies emissions or is listed as "for off-road use only", like full exhaust systems.

It's whacky.  they told me something about their lawyer said that the EPA can come in and inspect their shop and it's a $5,000 fine per violation?????  I have never heard of this happening, ever. Especially here in Ohio-EVERYBODY has a bike with aftermarket exhaust, so I don't think anyone is really worried about EPA violations.  The parts and service guys there are losing their minds watching all of the business for aftermarket work going elsewhere.

It's a wonderful, small family owned dealership and nobody services my bikes but them as they take great care of me, but this seems a little out there....

There is another local dealer in town that I am actually only 2 miles away from, but I wouldn't send my worst enemy there for service, not even for something simple like exhaust installation.

It's supposed to be sunny and 45 Friday, so I should be able to get a good long ride on the bike after the install.

will let you know!

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:52:16 AM by Z06_Pilot »

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »

It's whacky.  they told me something about their lawyer said that the EPA can come in and inspect their shop and it's a $5,000 fine per violation?????  I have never heard of this happening, ever. Especially here in Ohio-EVERYBODY has a bike with aftermarket exhaust, so I don't think anyone is really worried about EPA violations.  The parts and service guys there are losing their minds watching all of the business for aftermarket work going elsewhere.

Z, Interesting you bring up the EPA requirements.  Some states have exempted motorcycles from emissions testing/mandatory CAT requirements (Missouri being one of them)  You can look up your state laws on line.  The states that do have emission requirements for motorcycles really do not have any way of testing or enforcing, but that day could be coming.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »

Hey Born,

I think there are 3 cities in Ohio that require 4-wheel emissions testing, but no MC that I am aware of.

Whether there is a check or not, I have just never heard of a dealer afraid of an EPA inspection of their shop resulting in fines?  That just seems to far-fetched to me.  I have to believe there just aren't enough EPA people on the ground to worry about VERY small emissions issues like MC's.....unless someone else has heard of this, it's one of the craziest things I have come across...

And even if testing does come....ok, so once a year you switch your exhaust back to stock, then flip it back when you get home from inspection, you know?  A PITA for sure, but it's not a huge deal.  My dealer is acting like big brother is going to raid all the MC shops any day now.....

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2013, 01:51:15 PM »

I hope the weather works out good for you.  I looked at my bike this weekend....I don't understand the 45 degree angle thing with the 02 sensors.  Maybe Vandce and Hines should pay YOU for R&R!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2013, 02:52:44 PM »

I hope the weather works out good for you.  I looked at my bike this weekend....I don't understand the 45 degree angle thing with the 02 sensors.  Maybe Vandce and Hines should pay YOU for R&R!

YEA!

You know, I did the same thing.  I was checking out where the o2's fit in and there does not seem to be anything unusual about the fitting on the header....

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »

I hope the weather holds for you- was actually thinking about getting mine out a few days ago, and then the freezing rain came and then the salt and extremely cold temps, so no riding in the near future here.

Hey Dobe,

I just talked to the dealer and I will get the bike over there this Friday when they open at 10:00, and this time of year, I can just wait on it.  I have to go to a dealer that is about 45 minutes away.  My local dealer that I buy from stopped doing ALL mod work other than HD accessories this past summer.  They will not put anything on a bike that modifies emissions or is listed as "for off-road use only", like full exhaust systems.

It's a wonderful, small family owned dealership and nobody services my bikes but them as they take great care of me, but this seems a little out there....

There is another local dealer in town that I am actually only 2 miles away from, but I wouldn't send my worst enemy there for service, not even for something simple like exhaust installation.

It's supposed to be sunny and 45 Friday, so I should be able to get a good long ride on the bike after the install.

will let you know!

Jeff

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2013, 04:21:46 PM »

I hope the weather holds for you- was actually thinking about getting mine out a few days ago, and then the freezing rain came and then the salt and extremely cold temps, so no riding in the near future here.

My car was ice shelled on Saturday....then a ridiculous amount of salt fallowed.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »

My car was ice shelled on Saturday....then a ridiculous amount of salt fallowed.
I think I will be good to go.  We had lot's of rain over the past two days that washed the salt away, and it's supposed to be drive for the next 10 days, sunny and 45 on fri and sat.....that's definintely riding opportunities for me!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2013, 10:47:20 AM »

Paging cbdeluxe!!!!   :worthless:

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »

How about the V and H Tapered slash-cut 2-1 ? :2vrolijk_21:

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2013, 05:45:55 PM »

How about the V and H Tapered slash-cut 2-1 ? :2vrolijk_21:

Slip-ons or full exhaust?   I have the slash-cut slip ons on my bike now.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2013, 05:46:48 PM »

OK, V/H BR 2-2 exhaust is in the house!

Friday first thing, we will see what happens with the install...

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2013, 06:44:24 PM »

:vrolijk_11: :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20:

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »

OK, V/H BR 2-2 exhaust is in the house!

Friday first thing, we will see what happens with the install...

:worthless:
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2013, 05:09:10 PM »

here is a pic, apologies if it doesnt work. new to this

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2013, 05:20:59 PM »

very cool cb
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2013, 05:35:44 PM »

Very Nice!  There are too many options!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2013, 07:52:28 PM »

Hey cb,

what fuel manager are you using?

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2013, 08:14:09 PM »

I'm using the SE race tuner, so far its good. did not have much ride time with it due to weather, but no decel popping and ran
decent.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »

Does anybody here use Thundermax tuners? I know someone who has a thundermax on their electraglide with v/h pipes and they love it.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2013, 09:30:36 PM »

Does anybody here use Thundermax tuners? I know someone who has a thundermax on their electraglide with v/h pipes and they love it.

I have heard great things about those....

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2013, 01:56:23 AM »

Very Nice!  There are too many options!
 True my head is spinning And thanks CB fab looking pipes
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:03:30 AM by Fisherman »

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2013, 04:37:57 AM »

\
It was worth the wait, thanks!!  But why stop at just one?  the VB 2:1 looks great!  Still waiting for my black and silver to arrive!
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2013, 04:40:52 AM »

What did you do about the passenger peg?

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2013, 10:20:04 AM »

Heard good things about them, but they will cost you about $1000 new.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2013, 11:11:27 AM »

Z06Pilot....I think I can hear wrenches turning in Ohio here in Chicago!  Don't forget us!

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2013, 11:39:25 AM »

Z06Pilot....I think I can hear wrenches turning in Ohio here in Chicago!  Don't forget us!

:orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :drink:

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »

That looks great and sounds great!

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »

Big Radius look amazing ! and what a great sound :bananarock: :bananarock:
Thanks again Nicky for posting this

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2013, 03:58:40 AM »

2:1 looks great!  Did you have to modify the passenger footpeg?

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2013, 05:36:40 PM »

You do have to relocate the r/side peg and it comes with a bracket to do so, but you have to purchase another one seperately to make them even with
each other. I generally ride solo so I think i'll run without rear pegs.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2013, 02:36:30 AM »

You do have to relocate the r/side peg and it comes with a bracket to do so, but you have to purchase another one seperately to make them even with
each other. I generally ride solo so I think i'll run without rear pegs.

Thanks for the info, enjoy your ride!!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2013, 09:25:27 AM »

I went on Vance and Hines Facebook page and linked them to Z06pilot's thread and they said they fit but the tolerances are to tight by the oil lines and the forward controls....they do not recommend it.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2013, 09:50:57 AM »

I went on Vance and Hines Facebook page and linked them to Z06pilot's thread and they said they fit but the tolerances are to tight by the oil lines and the forward controls....they do not recommend it.

Yea, I talked to them and they told me the same thing.  When i had them installed, the guys checked everything as they were putting them on.  Nowhere close to the oil lines and the rear header has the exact same clearance to the rear cylinder, as it bends around the back of it, as the stock header did.  I know because the guys at the shop measured all of these distances from the old exhaust and compared them to the new going on to ensure there would be no issue at all.  They told me they would never install anything on a bike that might result in unsafe or questionable riding/equipment conditions.  John there told me their butts are on the line when they install anything on a bike.

I have no idea what they mean by being close to the forward controls.  I wipe my bikes down a LOT, so I am very accustomed to how things fit because I move a micro fiber cloth between parts all the time cleaning the bikes, and I just don't see what they mean with any of their explanation.

I am considering the source here.  Sure they manufacture it and they should know everything about it, but these are also the guys who told me it would be March because the o2 mounts on the Breakout are at a 45 degree angle, different from every other 2013 Softail.  I checked at my dealer how the o2 mounts are on the Slim and the Fatboy low.....exactly like the Breakout....

So for me, I'm enjoying the hell out of my 2-2's..... :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:53:40 AM by Z06_Pilot »

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2013, 11:14:19 AM »

Yea, I talked to them and they told me the same thing.  When i had them installed, the guys checked everything as they were putting them on.  Nowhere close to the oil lines and the rear header has the exact same clearance to the rear cylinder, as it bends around the back of it, as the stock header did.  I know because the guys at the shop measured all of these distances from the old exhaust and compared them to the new going on to ensure there would be no issue at all.  They told me they would never install anything on a bike that might result in unsafe or questionable riding/equipment conditions.  John there told me their butts are on the line when they install anything on a bike.

I have no idea what they mean by being close to the forward controls.  I wipe my bikes down a LOT, so I am very accustomed to how things fit because I move a micro fiber cloth between parts all the time cleaning the bikes, and I just don't see what they mean with any of their explanation.

I am considering the source here.  Sure they manufacture it and they should know everything about it, but these are also the guys who told me it would be March because the o2 mounts on the Breakout are at a 45 degree angle, different from every other 2013 Softail.  I checked at my dealer how the o2 mounts are on the Slim and the Fatboy low.....exactly like the Breakout....

So for me, I'm enjoying the hell out of my 2-2's..... :P

With my luck, I'd be the guy that the oil lines get to hot and the engine blows or something.

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2013, 12:23:33 PM »

I am sure the new ones that will "fit" our bikes will probably cost more than the standard pipes that already fit.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »

Second that- noticed today on Vance and Hines website that when you click on fitment for the 2 into 1 big radius pipe it says "not recommended for CVO Breakout"- and for the 2 into 2 pipes they say to substitute part number 26065.  I can't find that part number anywhere.  Still guessing they will pretty much come out with the same pipes but with a higher price tag.  That being said, I still won't be getting one until they have the official stamp of approval (which might happen before I can ride here again anyway).

I am sure the new ones that will "fit" our bikes will probably cost more than the standard pipes that already fit.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:46:18 PM by Dobeman2000 »

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2013, 01:52:54 AM »

Second that- noticed today on Vance and Hines website that when you click on fitment for the 2 into 1 big radius pipe it says "not recommended for CVO Breakout"- and for the 2 into 2 pipes they say to substitute part number 26065.  I can't find that part number anywhere.  Still guessing they will pretty much come out with the same pipes but with a higher price tag.  That being said, I still won't be getting one until they have the official stamp of approval (which might happen before I can ride here again anyway).

That is what I'm going to do.  After Facebook chats, I finally talked to a guy that said tolerances are too tight by the oil liness and forward controls.  I'm going to wait because its winter and I can't do anything anyways...

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2013, 01:58:38 AM »

Would adding an oil cooler resolve this issue?
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2013, 06:46:07 AM »

Well . . . . my dealer ordered the 2:1 made for the Rocker as I suspect the frame is the same size as the Breakout due to the 240 mm tire.  He also ordered an adapter for the o2 sensor . . . let's hope it goes well

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2013, 06:52:31 AM »

Hey cbdeluxe, I've got those same pipes coming! I think it looks great and we could all use more torque ;D Did you dealer order the one intended for the Rocker?

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2013, 09:36:07 PM »

No, Order the ones for 2012-13 softail part#28019. The ones for the rocker have the wrong o2 sensor bungs.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2013, 06:33:20 AM »

No, Order the ones for 2012-13 softail part#28019. The ones for the rocker have the wrong o2 sensor bungs.
He ordered the one for the Rocker but also o2 sensor adaptors so it should fit.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

bbiehl

• 2010 Screamin Eagle Ultra & 2003 100th Anniversary Fatboy

• CVO1: 2010 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Burnt Amber/Hot Citris
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2013, 11:05:05 AM »

Was talking with support today at V/H.  They tell me they have a Breakout that was lent to them for a few days so they can do measurements to find out what exhausts will fit. 

Gave them my email address.  Dave there said they would let me know the second they have all the info.

on a side note, I am a Cobra Fi2000 Auto Tuner fan.  I also called them.  They gave me the part number for the auto tuner to fit the Breakout.  I had no idea this would all come together so quickly....

The bike that was "lent" to V/H was originally for the owner of the Bloomington Indiana Harley shop.  Then he decided to just go ahead and sell it which my friend bought last weekend.  The pipes look and sound great!!!  I didn't get any good pics but I will try this weekend when he picks it up.
Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2013, 11:43:50 AM »

What exhaust system did they put on that bike?

The bike that was "lent" to V/H was originally for the owner of the Bloomington Indiana Harley shop.  Then he decided to just go ahead and sell it which my friend bought last weekend.  The pipes look and sound great!!!  I didn't get any good pics but I will try this weekend when he picks it up.

bbiehl

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »

What exhaust system did they put on that bike?

I believe they are the Big Radius 2 into 2.  I will ask this weekend and try to get a pic.  Maybe even video with sound if I can.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2013, 12:36:45 PM »

That's what I figured- I know Vance and Hines have confirmed the 2-2 for the Breakout.  I want to get the 2-1 Big Radius, and probably will whether they confirm it or not- know it has been done.  Right now just settling for fome Rush slip ons (can't ride anyway with almost a foot of snow on the ground and no sign of relief in sight.

I believe they are the Big Radius 2 into 2.  I will ask this weekend and try to get a pic.  Maybe even video with sound if I can.

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2013, 02:22:11 PM »

This is a shame. Im in TX and my dealer says they can do whatever I want to the bike, that they dont have to worry about all that garbage. You guys need to get out of those liberal nanny states.

Hey Dobe,

will let you know!

Jeff
[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:27:20 PM by 2013CVOBreakout »

bbiehl

« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »

Sorry everyone.  The timing didn't work out so I couldn't be there when he picked it up so no pics or video.   :'(

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »

This is a shame. Im in TX and my dealer says they can do whatever I want to the bike, that they dont have to worry about all that garbage. You guys need to get out of those liberal nanny states.

Hey Dobe,

will let you know!

Jeff

Indeed,  I had the 2-2 install for 2012-2013 Softails done, and it fits like a glove.  popped right on with no fitement issues whatsover....it's a beautiful thing...
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Page created in 0.476 seconds with 21 queries.