Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Finned headbolt bridge set  (Read 16735 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: Finned headbolt bridge set
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2009, 02:49:29 AM »

Thats the best thing about this site...things get better with time. excellent paint tip.  :2vrolijk_21:

Gonna paint my starter with that stuff too!

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2009, 05:26:08 AM »

Yes, that paint was a match!  I was also thinking about painting my starter.  Why did they put a black starter on a granite engine in the first place?  It's a rhetorical question...nobody really needs to answer that one.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2009, 06:58:17 AM »

Yes, that paint was a match!  I was also thinking about painting my starter.  Why did they put a black starter on a granite engine in the first place?  It's a rhetorical question...nobody really needs to answer that one.
Good Idea, but Im thinking chrome
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2009, 07:15:04 AM »

I was thinking paint the starter and put the chrome end on it.  If and when my starter goes bad, then I'll see if I can find a way to upgrade.  I don't really notice it as it is.  The SEUC has those heat deflectors below the seat and that along with the positioning of the D&D pipe, you don't see that area too well anyway.  If I never get around to painting the starter, it won't surprise me.  I think I'd rather spend on upgrades that I can really enjoy, like a new speaker system, and maybe even a Zumo one of these days.  None of it matters right now, as I don't plan on having the bike sitting idle long enough to do anything to it for a while.  It's time to ride.  Upgrades to be continued next winter.

Brinks

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Silver/Blue
    • CVO2: 2008 SERK Annie
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2009, 12:45:54 PM »

Brinks:
I wanted to thank you personally for the paint reccommendation. The HD Granite Hi Temp paint matched perfectly. I could not be happier with the results. So much bang for the buck.

If you don't buy your parts from Jenni, you might want to check with her before your next purchase!

http://www.tri-countyharleydavidson.com/miscpage_005.asp

Rob

[/You're very welcome!! Glad it worked out for you  :2vrolijk_21:]

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 04:59:59 PM »

As I suspected, I looked at an orange one in a showroom today and yours doesn't have the heat deflectors there, so it leaves your starter quite visible.  In your case, the chrome would look great.  Mine is too buried away to even see it.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2009, 04:52:34 AM »

As I suspected, I looked at an orange one in a showroom today and yours doesn't have the heat deflectors there, so it leaves your starter quite visible.  In your case, the chrome would look great.  Mine is too buried away to even see it.
the chrome starter is $525.00 less 20%, the paint is 20 bucs, I may do the paint first and see how I like. the mid frame deflectors do hide if I had them, I may add them but not H-D's. maybe Kury's

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2009, 08:44:11 AM »

the chrome starter is $525.00 less 20%, the paint is 20 bucs, I may do the paint first and see how I like. the mid frame deflectors do hide if I had them, I may add them but not H-D's. maybe Kury's

Here's another place that has them, although they don't look to be anything real special  http://www.rjsoriginals.com/

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2009, 11:40:51 AM »

Here's another place that has them, although they don't look to be anything real special  http://www.rjsoriginals.com/
so if there not special in your eyes, why in the world would I want them. I can't be the Fly White Guy unless it's special.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »

so if there not special in your eyes, why in the world would I want them. I can't be the Fly White Guy unless it's special.

I don't know how mind blowing heat deflectors can be.  If you are looking to match your seat, you would need to get any of them covered to match.

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Stardust Silver & Platinum Dust FLTRSE3
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »

Getting ready to do this project on my granite 110.  So I need to buy the silver bridges and Harley granite spray paint.  Do I wipe the Finns and bar and shield logo with thinner while paint is wet, tacky or dry?  Any other tips would be great as well.
                                               thanks Cory
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 09:54:17 PM by Big C. »

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2011, 05:08:40 AM »

Getting ready to do this project on my granite 110.  So I need to buy the silver bridges and Harley granite spray paint.  Do I wipe the Finns and bar and shield logo with thinner while paint is wet, tacky or dry?  Any other tips would be great as well.
                                               thanks Cory

Hey Cory. Everyone does it a little different. All I did was mask the emblem(covered it with a cabinet stick stop. Exact size) painted it, 2 coats and then sanded the edges of the fins when fully dry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.