Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: '07 110in Upgrade Debate  (Read 16352 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: '07 110in Upgrade Debate
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2006, 05:16:33 PM »

That's true. Although it's hard enough to wait 4 months for the bike as it is! Hopefully, there will be enough development done by Feb that I'll have a better idea of what works. I don't think you can go wrong with K&N air filter, pipes, and PC(or others) initially and then see what gets developed down the road if you need more. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2006, 05:24:38 PM »

That's true. Although it's hard enough to wait 4 months for the bike as it is! Hopefully, there will be enough development done by Feb that I'll have a better idea of what works. I don't think you can go wrong with K&N air filter, pipes, and PC(or others) initially and then see what gets developed down the road if you need more. Hoist!
The mods you speak of would be considered a "Stage 1" modification and is what most owners do upon purchasing a new bike. One thing you may want to keep in mind when looking for pipes is consider/look for ones that will have the 02 bungs installed (whether you use them right away or not). Since this appears to be the wave of the future it might help to have the bungs already there in case you find out down the road that you can use/want to use this technology. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2006, 05:39:04 PM »

Thanks FiredOOd. Rinehart and V&H both have the O2 bung covered. Everyone seems real comfortable with either one. Which would be better for all day cruising? I'm assuming they're both much louder than the stock 4" mufflers. Which ones are more comfortable to spend the day with? I'm still hoping for some comments about the new stock 4" SECVO Touring Mufflers besides the heat issue. Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hogasm

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2006, 05:49:15 PM »

Hoist, Have you even talked to your dealer to see if he will honor your warranty if he does your upgrades. I realize you have not even picked up your bike  and you are doing your homework before delivery. By the time you pick up your new scoot, everything you think you are going to do with your new scoot might change. The market changes faster than we can think. Like D00d said, it took him a long time to make the changes to his scoot. Be patient. There is plenty of time to do your homework [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2006, 06:07:37 PM »

Yeah Hogasm, but it's something fun to do now while I'm home sick. You can never learn too much anyway. I'm concerned about warranty because I need it to be covered anywhere, home or on the road. Thanks man. Hoist!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2006, 07:11:09 PM »

Yeah Hogasm, but it's something fun to do now while I'm home sick. You can never learn too much anyway. I'm concerned about warranty because I need it to be covered anywhere, home or on the road. Thanks man. Hoist!

Hoist...I've been following this thread and others on the 110...I think you will be happy with your intitial modifications of better A/C, either true duals or just slip-ons of some kind, and SERT or PCIII.  The advantage of the PCIII, if your dealer raises issues about warranty work down the road, is that it does not change anything in the ECM, so if you have problems, you can always pull it off and go back to a stock configuration.  The SERT, on your bike, will help you in those situations where you are accelerating, or operating at something other than steady cruising where it will revert back to the closed loop, which will be lean.  Ultimately, something like the Tmax which replaces the ECM and operates in closed loop at all times, is the way to go.  However, warranty issues raises its ugly head when you start replacing ECM's and such.

Some people think the Rineharts are too loud, and it's true they do bark when you get on them, but after riding behind 103tHunDer all day long in Maggie Valley, at steady cruising speeds, I did not think they were too loud.  I think you will find the stock mufflers on your bike too quiet, though they will get a bit louder with a few miles on them.  The 110 will pull just fine without having to do cams, etc, and with the improved tensioners, going to gear drives may not be necessary, even in the future.

Oh, and welcome to the best site on the web, bar none.  The guys and girls here are all great people, and are always willing to help solve whatever problem you have, whether performance or just trying out new trinkets for the scooter...somebody has either done it already, or has done the research.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »

Thanks so much TC for the response and the welcome! It all seems to make sense.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2006, 07:56:48 PM »

Thanks so much TC for the response and the welcome! It all seems to make sense.

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2006, 09:32:58 PM »

I know what you mean TC. Since I have 2 other street bikes, and I get to hot rod them all I want, the RK's have been my "trip bikes" since '95. The RK's already come set up pretty well for the road by the factory. Always have to set up the motors for "real world". Add the rear detachable hardware for the 2-up luggage rack, passing/fog lights. Hit the road! With all the stuff the MoCo puts on the SERK, I can't imagine of anything else to put on it (besides performance temptations). I'm hoping I can keep dOOd at bay that way. I guess that depends on what he comes up with! What about you though? That Heated Corbin might sound preety nice come Feb in NYC when it comes in. Have they made it with the matching leather flames for the '07 SERK's? I didn't just ask that, did I? Better go. This is contagious! Hoist!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2006, 09:55:59 PM »

I know what you mean TC. Since I have 2 other street bikes, and I get to hot rod them all I want, the RK's have been my "trip bikes" since '95. The RK's already come set up pretty well for the road by the factory. Always have to set up the motors for "real world". Add the rear detachable hardware for the 2-up luggage rack, passing/fog lights. Hit the road! With all the stuff the MoCo puts on the SERK, I can't imagine of anything else to put on it (besides performance temptations). I'm hoping I can keep dOOd at bay that way. I guess that depends on what he comes up with! What about you though? That Heated Corbin might sound preety nice come Feb in NYC when it comes in. Have they made it with the matching leather flames for the '07 SERK's? I didn't just ask that, did I? Better go. This is contagious! Hoist!

Oh, make no mistake about it, there are things to add to any SE bike, though they do come with "everything" (that's what we tell our wives/girlfriends when purchasing the scooter).  Thus far, I've done SE slips, "Roll your own" A/C, PCIII, Chrome inner, Auto primary chain adjuster (your's comes with that), chrome solenoid cover, braided steel fuel line, Chrome radio surround, Chrome lifter block covers, chrome cylinder base cover, Garmin GPS, Legend Air Ride Shocks, Custom Dynamics LED run/brake strip on tourpak, Freedom antennas, Kurakyn Floorboard Extenders, Kurakyn Dragon Wings, Silver Finned Headbolt Bridges, Billet Licence Plate Holder, Corbin Seat...I'm probably forgetting something...

d00d was behind some of this bling... [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2006, 10:03:34 PM »

Thanks FiredOOd. Rinehart and V&H both have the O2 bung covered. Everyone seems real comfortable with either one. Which would be better for all day cruising? I'm assuming they're both much louder than the stock 4" mufflers. Which ones are more comfortable to spend the day with? I'm still hoping for some comments about the new stock 4" SECVO Touring Mufflers besides the heat issue. Hoist!
As for which pipe (Rinehart or V/H) will be louder it's all relative to what you are used to. On my previous bike I had a V/H 2 into 1 with racing baffle that would shake windows and set off car alarms and I loved it. I've spent 23.5 years in the fire service and early in my career hearing protection wasn't required so my hearing may not be a sensitive as some.

As TC said the Rineharts do bark when you get on them, but they are tolerable during normal cruising, and this perspective was coming from riding behind them. When you are the rider of the bikes with the pipes on it you hear them even less. During your wait to get your bike and make your decision on what pipes you want try to find others that have the 110ci motors and have changed pipes and see what there bikes sound like. When listening to them ask if you can sit on the bike and get the riders perspective for what they are going to sound like, then step behind and listen there will be a noticeable difference.

In regards to me helping others spend there money there may be a "little" truth in that. :o ;D I can only make suggestions and show you some of the things I've added to mines if you or others (TC ;)) see fit to purchase them then you can't blame me. :D Also on my recent trip to MV I found that I wasn't the only one that likes to keep there bike clean, and there are some that are more "persistent" then me in doing it. :o [smiley=wideeyed.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif]

BTW - If by some chance others or myself "mention" some accessory you just have to have remember there will always be another new member here after you and you can return the favor. ;)

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2006, 10:06:42 PM »

d00d was behind some of this bling... [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
[smiley=zroflmao.gif] [smiley=ROFLOL.gif] I got distracted and wasn't typing as fast as you. I think I made reference to this in my last post.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2006, 10:10:17 PM »

Tonight I spoke to the Service Manager at Seminole Harley.  He is going to call his area HD Rep on Monday for me and ask some pretty straight up questions.

If they (the dealer) install the pipes / Air Cleaner and the Race Tuner will they void my warranty.  He does not believe they will void the warranty, but like I told him I want it in writing and he realizes this.

The where he sees the biggest problem will be the fact that the Rineharts and the VH are not setup exactly like the HD pipes hence the back pressure.   By that he meant no crossover in the pipe and HD's maps even on the race tuner while they may work he says they are not what harley built the map for.   He is not using this as an out he was just trying to be frank over the topic.

Hopefully when he gets back from vacation next week he will have an answer for me.  The New rinehart sku 1-800-0434 has the bungs welded in already.  The were released to Drag Specialties this past Tuesday and another shipment goes out to them this week as well.  

I personally am doing this to remove the heat, but to me its just stupid to put pipes on and not open the bike up to  breath.  But I will install the pipes no matter what the answer is on the Race Tuner.  
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2006, 10:15:58 PM »

That's a lotta cool toys! Must keep you busy. These CVO's really suck you in, huh? I usually set the bike up and leave it alone. We'll see! Do you get to ride year round in Bham? I ride winters in NY but not snow/ice. I guess I'll be breaking mine in during the "cooler" months up here. Shouldn't have to worry about muffler heat, at least!!! Hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2006, 10:24:46 PM »

Wow! It'll be nice if we can get a straight forward response from HD. I'm with you. We still have to get it to "breathe" first. If they stand by the SERT, that's the way to go. Otherwise it sounds like the PC. Either way you gotta be able to tune it! Why blow a perfectly good 2 year warranty.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.