Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Finally decided to post this............  (Read 19661 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Finally decided to post this............
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2006, 07:57:12 PM »

Sweeeeeeet Road Glide.  [highlight]Damn shame some people in the customer service business don't understand they are serving customers and should feel privileged that you are in their establishment[/highlight].  Good luck with the new ride and great to hear you're back on two wheels.

HB,

Thanks! You are absolutely right. There are some good ones out there though, you just have to hunt around for them (though for the prices they charge you should not have to).

Rob

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2006, 07:59:20 PM »

Rob, good for you man! These guys need to understand that, [highlight]as their valued customers, they need to treat us with a little more respect.[/highlight] Some of them think they can get away with that "Good Cop, Bad Cop" or "Bait and Swith" routines. Some try to treat us like a bunch of idiots that don't have a clue, and will do anything they say because we want and love their bikes.  >:(  I'm glad you walked from them and stood your ground. Emotions could have impaired your judgement while looking at that new RG on the floor. I agree. A deal's a deal!. It's not the 100 bucks, it's the principle of keeping your word and not taking advantage of people's emotions when they make a purchase like this. Same thing happened to me 2 mos. ago when I made my first deal on my SERK and I told the to shove it when they tried to alter it. I told them that I'd rather stick a 124" and 6-speed in my '03 before I'd by that SERK from them (not a bad idea). I took the deal to another dealer and they seemed happy to accomodate me. But this dealer was the same one I had to tell to shove it in '02 when they had the order for my '03 RK. At pickup they tried changing the deal. I got my deposit back and went 200 miles upstate and bought one off the floor. They're under different ownership now, so I hope they act "stand-up" this time around. I made sure I told them what happened last time too. So I fully understand what you went thru and commend you in not folding. Getting off my [smiley=soapbox.gif] for now.

More importantly, congrats on your new RG. It looks really good. If I wasn't a RK guy, that would be my next choice. Plus no CVO RG this year. Good luck with it and I hope these morons realize that they're about to lose another good customer. A CVO owner at that. Don't they realize that CVO owners will spend and do more to their bikes than anyone else. Fools!

I'm glad you're feeling well and take care of that leg. I hope they do right fixing your bike.

Hoist!  8-)

Hoist,

Thats the whole problem. They don't. Its a shame cause the sales people, parts and clothing staff ALL do. Thanks!!!

Rob

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2006, 08:01:53 PM »

[highlight]So in a nutshell they were willing to lose a sale on a new vehicle to save $100.00? [/highlight] Unbelievable.  Even if the honchos were as a big of dicks as you describe the salesman should have bright enough to save his commission by pulling a hundred bucks out of his pocket, hand it to you and say "hey man, I apologize, I don't understand it either, but this evens out the deal."

Crazy ain't it?? Even if the salesman had done that it wouldn't have mattered. He knew when this happened (third time for me) this time it was a matter of how I was being treated and I was done.

Rob

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2006, 08:07:33 PM »

congrats on the new glide, sounds like you got the right dealer in the end without even considering the price difference. [smiley=pineapple.gif]

Thanks Rooster. I sure like the ride. Very smooth! Rode a little solo yesterday and I didn't want to get off! Just need a little more sound to it!! Oh and some chrome. I have had a luggage rack and backrest support for a while and added it yesterday. I also bought a chrome peice for the windshield the night I bought the bike. It has begun!!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2006, 08:08:04 PM »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2006, 08:09:17 PM »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2006, 08:10:06 PM »

Hey Rob, sorry 'bout your accident.  Just glad that you're ok and esp. glad that you got another scooter so quickly (it's a good looking scooter) !!!!  Enjoyed hearing of how the deal went down to your credit on the RoadGlide.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  har!  spyder

Thanks a lot Spyder!!

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2006, 08:10:50 PM »

SWEET!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2006, 08:11:10 PM »

typicle story, nicely writen. Thanks for sharing Rob. The price we pay to feel the wind.

Roy........

Thanks Roy. It means alot to know that so many people here care. What a great site!!

Rob

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2006, 08:26:37 PM »

Rob
   Just read about your accident,what a great job in keeping the bike up!! Amazing,given the damage to the crash bars and such. Hopeyou and the bike have a speedy recovery.

Sometimes these dealers have real dorks working for them. I guess some like it that way. I have a paper that I carry in my tour bag all the time. It is the local sales managers BAFO on an 06 CUSE. I have copied the numbers from the dealer I bought from and not only did he beat the local deal significantly but I got an 07 cheaper that what they would deal on an 06. I tried to deal with the guys in Crystal River in the 2002-03 timeframe and I wasn't impressed at all with their deals. If I were to buy a new bike in this area, I would go to either Brandon or New Port Richey.

I was sort of up your way last night. The Mrs and I went to the Gretchen Wilson/Blake Shelton concert at Rock Crusher canyon in Crystal River. Got pretty cold, ~50. We were able to try out the heated grips and seats. They all worked and we had a good time.

Give me a shout sometime and we'll get together for a pop.

Don S

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2006, 01:37:49 AM »

...Give me a shout sometime and we'll get together for a [highlight]pop.[/highlight]  

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2006, 02:12:03 AM »

Hey Don, are you a displaced Norterner living in the South?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 02:14:13 AM by Rjob749 »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2006, 02:57:50 PM »

Rob
   Just read about your accident,what a great job in keeping the bike up!! Amazing,given the damage to the crash bars and such. Hopeyou and the bike have a speedy recovery.

Sometimes these dealers have real dorks working for them. I guess some like it that way. I have a paper that I carry in my tour bag all the time. It is the local sales managers BAFO on an 06 CUSE. I have copied the numbers from the dealer I bought from and not only did he beat the local deal significantly but I got an 07 cheaper that what they would deal on an 06. [highlight]I tried to deal with the guys in Crystal River in the 2002-03 [/highlight]timeframe and I wasn't impressed at all with their deals. If I were to buy a new bike in this area, I would go to either Brandon or New Port Richey.

I was sort of up your way last night. The Mrs and I went to the Gretchen Wilson/Blake Shelton concert at Rock Crusher canyon in Crystal River. Got pretty cold, ~50. We were able to try out the heated grips and seats. They all worked and we had a good time.

Give me a shout sometime and we'll get together for a pop.

Don S

Don,

Same owners as Ocala. Thats why I told the sales people that I don't think it will make any difference if I send in a letter. The owners may inquire but the GM or sales manager will just say I am a Whiner and that they were already giving me the bike at $1,000 below MSRP and blah, blah, blah and that will be it so I don't think I will waste my time. When I take my Butt and my Buck elsewhere, that will speak the loudest.

I camp at Rock Crusher every summer when the scallops come into season. Well, I did one summer anyway doesn't that count for every summer?? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Let me know when you get up this way again and we can hook up for a "pop" of maybe even a diet coke!! ;D

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2006, 02:59:16 PM »

Hey Don, are you a displaced Norterner living in the South?  I have not heard of a soda being called a pop since I moved to the US from Canada.  I got laughed at so hard for the first while - pop, [highlight]touque[/highlight], pocket book, ink pen.......... more I can't remember.   ;) ;D

I know em all but this one?? How is it pronounced? Tuck?? Is that long johns or something?? :)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2006, 03:00:23 PM »

Mrs. We, it's pop in Washington and I just learned touque when I went moose hunting, here's a little pic of me and my guide in the wall tent, it was so cold we slept in our [highlight]touques[/highlight].

......or maybe its one of those slick hats you are wearing??
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.