Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Fullsac, TTS, CFRs---UPDATED  (Read 17223 times)

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Slate Gray/Black
Fullsac, TTS, CFRs---UPDATED
« on: January 16, 2012, 10:43:36 PM »

Well the time has come and it looks like I will have my new 2012 Slate and Black CVO within the next 2 weeks  :bananarock:!!!!  I can't tell you how long the wait has been!  With that, I have been reading every post I can lay eyes on trying to figure out which exhaust and tuner and headers and O2 sensors and torque cones and...and...and...LOL  that I have made myself physically ill!

Anyway, I think I have finally settled on:

Fullsac B headers
TTS Mastertune
CFR muffs with fluted tips

I am not looking to race this thing or anything and I am not real concerned with turning out the highest possible numbers on the dyno.  I just want a great sounding, well tuned machine.

So I would love to hear any opinions on this set up, especially from those who are currently running the same or something similar.  Also, if there does happen to be a problem with the CFRs and back pressure, can torque cones be added to these headers, or does anyone have a better suggestion to improve the performance of these mufflers?

Thanks all!!!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:29:42 PM by CVOmedic »

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: Fullsac, TTS, CFRs
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 10:51:13 PM »

I ended up sticking with the Fullsac system and just switched out to the 2.25 cores and removed all the packing in the cans.  It sounds really good, but what I am most impressed with is the throttle response.  I had a T-Max on my 2010 with Rinehart new true dual system with their performance baffle.  Bike sounded mean, but even after 8,665 miles, I couldn't get it to run right, back fire, poor throttle response, in fact the guy that bought my bike from this site is probably going to switch out the entire set up.  This being said, I haven't heard a better sounding exhaust, hands down the CFR is the best sounding exhaust.  You may care about having the best stats on paper, but you will get frustrated if that beautiful machine your waiting for doesn't perform well and it doesn't respond the way is should.  Even my buddy was shocked and impressed with the immediate throttle response and bark from the Fullsac system and the TTS.  Good luck, make sure you post sound clips if you get those CFR's loaded!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 06:21:12 AM »

Get ready for a bunch of replies on this one.   Probably one of the most popular topics is exhaust systems.  many here like the fullsac system. I'm going with that one. I am waiting on my mufflers to come back with 2" cores installed and an x pipe.  The andrews 54h cams are also highly recommended and the tts.   Head gaskets are also a popular bit of discussion too.   I'm not totally sure if I am doing that yet.  I don't know many that have the CFR s but I bet they sound good. Good luck with your new ride.  I can't wait to get back on mine once I get all this done.  Let us know what you did.   :2vrolijk_21:

CVOmedic

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Slate Gray/Black
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »

Thanks guys!  I am hoping to get as many responses as possible.  Being a newb and all...LOL  I have tormented myself over these decisions and I hope that I can get some really good feedback to make me feel more sure of my decision.  ALso, any tips or tricks with install or tuning would be awesome as well.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »

Thanks guys!  I am hoping to get as many responses as possible.  Being a newb and all...LOL  I have tormented myself over these decisions and I hope that I can get some really good feedback to make me feel more sure of my decision.  ALso, any tips or tricks with install or tuning would be awesome as well.

The CFR's sound good, but are a bit more difficult to get tuned right, from my understanding, though I think the latest models may have some improvement in backpressure to make tuning a bit easier.  However, if you like the looks of the stock exhaust system and cans, the Fullsac route, with X pipe, baffles of your choice, and the TTS is by far the least expensive way to go while achieving the goals of better sound, less heat from the motor/exhaust system, and overall performance.  Not just more HP/TQ, but 100% better drivability, and that is with the canned map provided by Fullsac.  Plus, if you have some mechanical ability, some basic tools, and a Laptop, you can do the whole thing yourself in less than a day in your garage, and save even more money for other things, like more chrome bits and pieces.  You can do the whole job yourself for <$1100, and that includes the TTS Mastertune with proper cables.  So many here have done this that if you have any difficulty at all, help is just a post away.

The cams and head gaskets are an additional step that can be done at any point in time for a bit more performance.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Rickasha

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 09:43:41 PM »

Well the time has come and it looks like I will have my new 2012 Slate and Black CVO within the next 2 weeks  :bananarock:!!!!  I can't tell you how long the wait has been!  With that, I have been reading every post I can lay eyes on trying to figure out which exhaust and tuner and headers and O2 sensors and torque cones and...and...and...LOL  that I have made myself physically ill!

Anyway, I think I have finally settled on:

Fullsac B headers
TTS Mastertune
CFR muffs with fluted tips

I am not looking to race this thing or anything and I am not real concerned with turning out the highest possible numbers on the dyno.  I just want a great sounding, well tuned machine.

So I would love to hear any opinions on this set up, especially from those who are currently running the same or something similar.  Also, if there does happen to be a problem with the CFRs and back pressure, can torque cones be added to these headers, or does anyone have a better suggestion to improve the performance of these mufflers?

Thanks all!!!!
I started with the Fullsac stage one system with 2" cores and the Fullsac map for the TTS tuner. However, I couldn't stand it and had to have the CFR's. Using the tune provided by Fullsac with the CFR slip ons, the bike runs good, but not as good as with the Fullsac cores. You give up a fair amount of low end torque, but it sounds GREAT! If you go with the CFR's be advised, they are very LOUD. Hope this helps.
Rick

YPGuy

• 2016 CVO FLHXSE (Carbon Crystal)
    • OH

• CVO1: 2010 CVO FLSTSE (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (Black Diamond)
    • CVO3: 2016 CVO FLHXSE (Carbon Crystal)
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »

I got the same bike 2012 CVO Street Glide , Slate and Black Diamond, I have read everything possible listen to tons of sound clips, stopped at four dealerships to look at various pipes etc. Here is what I'm looking at going with.

Jackpot 2 1/2 Stainless Head Pipe (Ceramic Coated)
Power Vision Tuner with map from Fuel Moto
Vance and Hines Hi Output Slip-Ons

I'm not 100% decided on the V&H Hi Output,( because of the reported lack of back pressure), I love the sound and quality of V&H.  I'm not sure that it really makes a difference on these 110 motors, it will pull hard from the bottom end with any pipe on it.

I'm going to go look at the CRF Slip-ons one more time.

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 10:13:18 PM »

This may be a foolish question, but what are CFR's?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 10:16:51 PM »

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so a video must be worth more....

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 10:20:16 PM »

Since the entire title isn't showing in that video CFR stand for Cary Faas Racing (CFR) Exhaust.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 10:37:19 PM »

Using the tune provided by Fullsac with the CFR slip ons, the bike runs good, but not as good as with the Fullsac cores. You give up a fair amount of low end torque, but it sounds GREAT!

That statement begs the question:  Have you treated yourself to a few v-tune runs to see if you can't recover some of your losses?  If not, why not?  The calibration might be close, but it might not be.  Either way, you can have it be better than "close" for little trouble or effort.

Jerry/MD

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 10:38:59 PM »

The CFR's sound good, but are a bit more difficult to get tuned right, from my understanding, though I think the latest models may have some improvement in backpressure to make tuning a bit easier.  However, if you like the looks of the stock exhaust system and cans, the Fullsac route, with X pipe, baffles of your choice, and the TTS is by far the least expensive way to go while achieving the goals of better sound, less heat from the motor/exhaust system, and overall performance.  Not just more HP/TQ, but 100% better drivability, and that is with the canned map provided by Fullsac.  Plus, if you have some mechanical ability, some basic tools, and a Laptop, you can do the whole thing yourself in less than a day in your garage, and save even more money for other things, like more chrome bits and pieces.  You can do the whole job yourself for <$1100, and that includes the TTS Mastertune with proper cables.  So many here have done this that if you have any difficulty at all, help is just a post away.

The cams and head gaskets are an additional step that can be done at any point in time for a bit more performance.

Yep, what Terry said. I've had the Fullsac setup on two CVOs. Can't go wrong.  :2vrolijk_21:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 10:42:26 PM »

i played that video..    not for me,,,, way too loud...  i have a zillion dollar stereo on that,,  i'd like to hear it :nixweiss:

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 04:31:27 PM »

Since the entire title isn't showing in that video CFR stand for Cary Faas Racing (CFR) Exhaust.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »

Thanks!
You're welcome. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 21 queries.