Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Engine Light Comming on at speeds between 65 to 75  (Read 5602 times)

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Engine Light Comming on at speeds between 65 to 75
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 05:42:29 PM »

Me being a non motorhead, He did try to explain it to me. But most I picked up that it was an octane issue and something about that it affected the rear cylinder more. After that my brain just heard blah blah blah. :nixweiss:
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »

The crap was getting pretty deep.......Don how did you do it?
Keep quiet that is........

Truth be told I didn't.  Waited until the poor guy walked outside and asked him if they tried to sell him the Screamin' Eagle chromed air for his tires too.  We talked for five minutes or so.  Have no idea if he believed me or the wrench.  But I tried to do a good deed.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 05:47:36 PM »

Me being a non motorhead, He did try to explain it to me. But most I picked up that it was an octane issue and something about that it affected the rear cylinder more. After that my brain just heard blah blah blah. :nixweiss:

And if he made a real effort of explaining something that was simply outside your range of experience that's fine Fuzz.  Nothing untoward there.  The question remains, however, what they actually did?

Was anything actually replaced or reloaded?  Or was he just blaming all the issues you described on your fuel load?  If it's the latter either you'll still have the problems continue or they did/found something they chose not to admit to or explain.

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 06:04:20 PM »

The shop I went to was a non HD shop. More or less a High performance custom build shop. Strictly Harley though, he dose a good business there. I guess he dumbed down the explanation to me , which is fine. But as long as that light dose'nt come on again between now and Maggie Valley I'm good with it. :drink: :drink: :drink: 
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 06:18:01 PM »

The shop I went to was a non HD shop. More or less a High performance custom build shop. Strictly Harley though, he dose a good business there. I guess he dumbed down the explanation to me , which is fine. But as long as that light dose'nt come on again between now and Maggie Valley I'm good with it. :drink: :drink: :drink: 

Working right is certainly the most important thing.  Working right without it costing an arm and a leg to get there is preferred.  But working right is best.  Hope it runs great and keeps on doing so.

mad brad

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2008, 09:42:22 PM »

check wiring under speedo, connectors come loose just a shot in the dark fixed one other guys scoot  mb

mad brad

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2008, 11:29:02 PM »

sounds like my 01 i found the hose loose to the airhorn sucking air was snowing when i tested, could not crank it up i need to reset the tuner first, it is a shot in the dark check yours  mad brad

Wildrat

Re: Engine Light Coming on at speeds between 65 to 75
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 08:44:11 PM »

I wonder if these new bikes with cats are going to have the issue with the engine light coming on when the cats start getting clogged?

This may have already been said but it tells you how to clear the codes or when they will clear depending on the code. It's not difficult to do at all. Changing the setup options for the alarm system without the key fob is much more of a pain.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.