Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: Stolen Bike notice!  (Read 21362 times)

Alien

• Full CVO Member
Stolen Bike notice!
« on: August 22, 2015, 08:23:57 AM »

On August 15th or 16th my Triple Red Screaming Eagle Road Glide was stolen from my locked shed. I was hoping it would be found locally maybe missing a few parts. It has been a week now so I am starting to think it is gone for good. I am offering a $1000 reward for the return or information leading to the arrest of anyone involved. The VIN# 1HD1PAC20YY952074. In the last few years it had been stroked to 117 inches. Otherwise it looked like a mint FLTSEI with stainless bolts everywhere and 18 inch PM Villian wheels. sorry I have no recent pictures but you all know what they look like.

Doing a search I haven't been able to find any for sale and the few sold ones seem to be going for less than I thought they would. If anyone has any recent sales they know of that may help me with my insurance company I would appreciate it. I have a $1000 deductible.

I am located in south eastern MA

Thank You
Mark
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:41:29 AM by Alien »

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Stolen Bike notice!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 08:33:07 AM »

Where are you located?
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »

Where are you located?

Good catch, edited post.

mark

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 09:51:45 AM »

It would be very hard to sell, since the VIN has been entered as "stolen" and a false title would have to be produced...which would be discovered by the DMV when the unsuspecting buyer tried to register it.  Sadly, it will probably be sold off in pieces or wind up in a 3rd world country.

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 10:13:02 AM »

It would be very hard to sell, since the VIN has been entered as "stolen" and a false title would have to be produced...which would be discovered by the DMV when the unsuspecting buyer tried to register it.  Sadly, it will probably be sold off in pieces or wind up in a 3rd world country.

I know you are probably right but I still have "some" hope. I bought the bike new. I put all 105,000 miles on it. Lower end was loose a few years ago so we rebuilt it to 117. I have been to 37 states and the bike was in excellent shape. People were always surprised when I told them how old and how many miles it had. I am 54 and figured I would have the bike forever. I had even bought a full set of painted parts in case I was ever involved in an accident thinking they would never be able to match the factory graphics? I had just bought a new windshield and hadn't even put it on yet. I'm really sick over this whole experience.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 10:24:46 AM »

Man O man!! I know all so well how bumed out you must be feeling all the things going through your head ,..how the hell did they get it, etc. In my time I've had two trucks, two vans, a car, and everything from the inside of a camper right down to the knife and fork stolen. There's no words for it

Good luck, hope you'll be back in the wind ASAP

Keep use updated,

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 10:43:26 AM »

I just did a search on both Kijiji Canada and E-Bay Canada and so far only one Triple Red for sale in Quebec, but it does not look like yours, as described  :(

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »

WOW - hope they find your ride.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 03:48:13 PM »

Please post pics for us.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 05:29:49 PM »

These are the wheels on it but the picture is years old. Its basically stock with a saddleman road sofa gel seat and a supertrapp 2 into 1 exhaust.

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 05:32:16 PM »

This was the bike when only a year old. It didn't look very different except for wheels, seat, and all 12 point stainless bolts. I did have a King Tourpack on it at the time.

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 06:08:11 PM »

I hope the individual that stole it reaps the harvest!

I hope you recover it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 09:17:02 PM »

Hate reading of things like this.  Best of luck on the recovery.  Unfortunately we all know it's probably already parted out making the individual pieces just more of the bits scattered across eBay, Craigslist and all the other places such things go.  As good looking as these bikes are they're still likely just too old and with too low a value to be stolen and shipped overseas.  Good luck.  Hope it was well insured and you can start again on the hunt for a replacement red SERG  :2vrolijk_21: .

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 09:24:36 PM »

Sorry to hear about your ride. I'm always looking around on the computer, and I'm not that far away, I'll keep an eye out.

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 09:25:41 AM »

I always hate to hear about these thefts. My friend and his son were heading back to Mich. from Daytona one winter, stopped for the night, next morning woke to find the truck, trailer and 2 baggers gone. Truck recovered outside Chicago 4 months later, trailer and bikes never found. Hope you can bounce back from this.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »

On a positive note, good friend that manages our Trucking Co., had his '03 Anniversary Heritage in the Showroom of our Dealership in Beckley, WV.  Theives stole a Roll-Back in for service, and the Bike.  2 years later, the FBI found the Bike, intact, and the Roll-Back, in a Warehouse in Huntington, WV.  The Roll-Back had been removed from the Truck, and the Truck was gone.  So....maybe your Scooter will turn up....maybe not.  Still, an unfortunate event.  Phucking theives........ :behead2:  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 12:27:28 PM »

Had my new Triumph Daytona stolen from my apartment in 1969. Broke my heart I loved that bike.  Two weeks later it was found with just the front wheel in the river laying on its side.  Turns out the theirs used my bike as transportation to steal a car.  Sheriff said car owner was woke up by a load noise and windows shook when something took off. Even though I was pissed had to smile and think that's my bike.  Insurance covered all repairs100% .  Gave me the opportunity to chop it.

Never caught the bastards. Hope you get yours back. 
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 12:37:17 PM »

A very close friend from Southern Wisconsin was in eastern Tennessee with his wife and two children on vacation.  They were in the mountains with their three four-wheelers riding the trails when his wife had an accident, breaking several vertebra in her back, broke her scapula, had a concussion.  She ended up with about a week in a hospital before they could make their way home.  On the way home, they stopped at a hotel for the night just outside Indianapolis.  He parked his truck and trailer under the front awning of a major brand motel.  Plenty of lighting - in view of the front desk.  They came out the next morning to continue their journey home to find the trailer and three 4 wheelers gone.  Lock cut and laying on the ground.  Turns out the only security camera not functioning on the entire property was the camera view of his truck and trailer.  Front desk attendant saw nothing???  You have to ask, if you are a criminal, are you going to pick a trailer to steal that sits under the well lit awning in front of a large motel - almost assuredly within view of a security camera.  More than a little suspect...  This was about six weeks ago.  He called the local police, who gave him no satisfaction.  He called the state police, who agreed the circumstances were very suspicious, but said the crime was under jurisdiction of the local police.  He's not heard a word from either since returning home...  He was well insured, so at this point, he hopes he never sees the trailer or contents again.

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 01:55:37 PM »

Sorry you had to lose an old friend.  "Lock cut" was that the shed lock? Was the bike locked? What time of day? Was it common knowledge that you kept it in the shed?  This is Grand Theft, the police have "ways" of obtaining leads on things like this, every town has an underground.  Stealing a vehicle, locked on private property requires knowledge of the bike, and you, and the habits of those at your home. 

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »

Mark if you have posted this on facebook can you post the link? I am also in Mass and can share it with dozens of people I know. I also have friends that are police and who also own bike shops
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 02:43:32 PM »

Sorry you had to lose an old friend.  "Lock cut" was that the shed lock? Was the bike locked? What time of day? Was it common knowledge that you kept it in the shed?  This is Grand Theft, the police have "ways" of obtaining leads on things like this, every town has an underground.  Stealing a vehicle, locked on private property requires knowledge of the bike, and you, and the habits of those at your home.
OWL

My first thought when I read the OP.....somebody had to know something.  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2015, 03:36:21 PM »

I am not on facebook.

Shed was locked. The hasp was pried from the door. I saw the bike before I left for the Jimmy Buffet concert with my girlfriend at 11:00M Saturday. We got home from the concert about midnight and went to bed. We woke up at about 7:00AM and went to breakfast. When we got back we started to clean out the car from the concert the night before. At this point I noticed the hasp. The doors had been closed and the hasp made to look like it was still locked. If I didn't need to put some things in the shed I might not have noticed for days. My 87 year old dad lives with me but he didn't hear anything. I have talked to the couple of neighbors I know and nobody saw anything. Only a couple of people know I was going to the concert and one of them went to it with me and I trust him completely. I have lived here a long time and the bike has been seen hundreds of times. Two months ago about $2000 of tools were stolen out of my truck toolbox, I had no insurance coverage on those tools. The police also believe it is someone who knows me. For the life of me I can't think of anyone who could or would do this to me. I'm kind of a big intimidating guy?

Thanks for the kind words and offers of help

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 05:09:24 AM »

I hope you have a CCP and Dad has a piece available.  My wife has one as well and practices with me. Twice in two months.......you know them, or they know you better than you think, and they know you have nice stuff.  Be careful, be safe, a Glock in hand is better than two in the gun safe. However, if you have kids you need trigger locks and/or leave the weapons in condition three (or four).

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2015, 10:50:32 AM »

I hope you get 'made whole' in the end!

I had a snowmobile stolen years ago....was found over a year later with the front right suspension 'folded under'/ drive train missing in a barn during a raid on an acreage on a Hells Angels chop shop / fencing operation.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2015, 08:19:04 PM »

There's nothing worse than a thief!  I hope whomever stole your bike gets caught and convicted and goes away for a long time and shares a jail cell with big Bubba who's needs a new cell mate girlfriend.  I have no use for those that take what others have worked hard for and earned with their sweat.
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

BritGuy

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2015, 09:28:09 PM »

Wrong side of North America to be much practical help, I just hate the fact that some feel they can just help themselves to what is not theirs. Just don't care you have saved, borrowed, worked hard to get something special. I hope a miracle happens and you are both reunited or something comes of the insurance pay out that will begin to fill the gap. So sorry to hear this.

jachd17

• Elite CVO Member
  • 1*
    • MA

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2015, 10:02:16 PM »

I am not on facebook.

Shed was locked. The hasp was pried from the door. I saw the bike before I left for the Jimmy Buffet concert with my girlfriend at 11:00M Saturday. We got home from the concert about midnight and went to bed. We woke up at about 7:00AM and went to breakfast. When we got back we started to clean out the car from the concert the night before. At this point I noticed the hasp. The doors had been closed and the hasp made to look like it was still locked. If I didn't need to put some things in the shed I might not have noticed for days. My 87 year old dad lives with me but he didn't hear anything. I have talked to the couple of neighbors I know and nobody saw anything. Only a couple of people know I was going to the concert and one of them went to it with me and I trust him completely. I have lived here a long time and the bike has been seen hundreds of times. Two months ago about $2000 of tools were stolen out of my truck toolbox, I had no insurance coverage on those tools. The police also believe it is someone who knows me. For the life of me I can't think of anyone who could or would do this to me. I'm kind of a big intimidating guy?

Thanks for the kind words and offers of help
If your dad lives with you and was home, I would have to agree it is someone you know (this includes neighbors) OR someone who knows your friends who may have let slip about you being gone for the day. Keep an open ear out. What sinks most criminals is their inability to keep their mouth shut. The guilty party WILL tell someone, somewhere. The trick is to get those who know to spill it.

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 09:07:28 PM »

I always lock  my fork, rear wheel lock, industrial hardened chain and lock to a post 6" post that supports the roof center  burglar alarm that calls my phone custom made by me , and the garage has a alarm. Two pistal's and a 12 Guage home defender shotgun with thee #4  three inch shells and 3 slugs. We have shoot the burglar laws that protects us from being prosacuted for killing a person in our home. I would not Hesitate to pull the trigger ad many times as needed!

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 09:30:47 PM »

Forgot. Semi Auto 308 Deer rifle and scope.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
Stolen Bike notice!
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 03:44:09 AM »

A good dog trumps everything. Noise alone with wake you or chase off people.

Not kidding 26 years LE. Never took a report of house burglarized with a big dog. One time with medium dog. And 90 percent happen during working hours. Other 10 percent were friends family or hired help knew they weren't home. Only one time middle of the night and some stabbing happened. Think this was gay prostitute thing gone bad or came back. Nothing taken.
Either way sucks to have anything taken you try to keep nice.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:48:53 AM by bakon »
Will

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2015, 07:52:29 AM »

The complete personal vulnerability is usually worse than the financial loss. Especially when it's stolen from your home.  It's like someone has been watching you.  Heal as fast as you can.  Look for another one.  Sorry for you and your family.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 12:28:13 PM »

Insurance company (Mapfre commerce) offered me just under $7000 this morning. I am devastated. They don't care what I have for receipts. I turned it down but looks like I am going to get screwed!!!

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 12:41:26 PM »

We shopped around for insurance recently....found a great deal..or so we thought.....CDI could not tell me what I'd get in the event of a non-recovered theft.
Beacon insurance, which I believe specializes in motorcycle insurance, will give me 40,000, as that's what I'm paying for.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »

Insurance company (Mapfre commerce) offered me just under $7000 this morning. I am devastated. They don't care what I have for receipts. I turned it down but looks like I am going to get screwed!!!

My Suggestion:   Go to arbitration and ask for them to find you a comparable replacement at the price they are offering you.

At worst you'll end up with more money.

Good Luck.

Jerry

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 07:52:56 AM »

Friend works for State Farm and does the pay outs for motorcycle stuff. She likes a nice notebook with all the receipts attached, date installed, mileage, service, ect. Just make a note on a page and staple the receipt to it for everything you pay for or add yourself.
Will

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 08:36:09 AM »

Friend works for State Farm and does the pay outs for motorcycle stuff. She likes a nice notebook with all the receipts attached, date installed, mileage, service, ect. Just make a note on a page and staple the receipt to it for everything you pay for or add yourself.

I actually have all that including some pictures. Adjuster said it doesn't matter I'm only insured for actual cash value, not the extras. I then explained the receipts will show the level of care and maintenance proving the bike was
S way better than average condition. She replied fine send them but it won't make a difference. As far as I'm concerned original owner adds value?!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 08:43:09 AM »

Fight it with all you have. If you take the 7k, you lose...........can't do worse than that.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »

I can't buy any decent bike for $7,000 I'll patiently wait them out. I do have almost $20,000 in receipts from the last few years. They can find me a well maintained one owner 2000 screaming eagle road glide in triple red and put it in my driveway. I think $15,000 in my pocket would be fair to them and I!!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2015, 09:30:43 AM »

Good luck man, do a search for a comparable bike you like that is for same and tell them to buy it for you. $7,000 is way low but then again I don't think they will write a check to you for 15 k.

Like others have said fight hard go over the adjusters head if you have too and then even over their bosses head if need be.  They would love to settle low but don't let them.

Here's one with 17,000 miles for $12,999.  That's what they could do if you persist.

http://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/Aces-Motorcycles-2980816/listing/2000-Harley-Davidson-FLTRSE-115024522

KBB in Excellent Condition  $11,790, the offer made you is below trade in which is wholesale.

Looking at asking prices and the lack of add on coverage your not going to like the outcome unless you can get them to replace it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:58:49 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2015, 07:17:43 PM »

Thanks for the help and link. $12-13,000 would be much better than $7000? I'm sure I'll have to fight for every penny. Id settle for them putting that one in the link in my driveway?

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 07:24:04 PM »

Thanks for the help and link. $12-13,000 would be much better than $7000? I'm sure I'll have to fight for every penny. Id settle for them putting that one in the link in my driveway?

Then give them that as a task. $7,000 is not even close. Tell them to get you the one in the link.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Lone Rider

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Softail Deluxe 2014
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2015, 05:14:50 AM »

Re-birthing practices are nearly flawless and I'm sorry to say its probably being cloned.

I hope your insurance will cover the cost of another one for you.

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2015, 07:08:36 AM »

I have drafted a letter to the adjuster (professional and polite) while including copies of NADA, KBB, and the advertisement for the bike in Colorado. I am sending those documents with all my receipts not to get additional money for the updates and upgrades but to convey and justify a higher valuation of an original owner bike in excellent condition. I am sending it signature required. I will update when I hear something back. If anyone else finds similar bikes for sale please post links.

Thanks
Mark

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2015, 09:18:31 AM »

I have drafted a letter to the adjuster (professional and polite) while including copies of NADA, KBB, and the advertisement for the bike in Colorado. I am sending those documents with all my receipts not to get additional money for the updates and upgrades but to convey and justify a higher valuation of an original owner bike in excellent condition. I am sending it signature required. I will update when I hear something back. If anyone else finds similar bikes for sale please post links.

Thanks
Mark
Great first step Mark I hope you get some satisfaction  :2vrolijk_21:  If not ... you may have to re-send that same request on a Lawyer's letter head  :nixweiss: just don't give in too low  ;)

Marty

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2015, 11:22:53 AM »

My appologies if someone already ask this but I read through twice and did not see it. Did you have the fork locked and the ignition lock engaged? I have wondered at times if this does much to prevent theft. I feel pretty sure it would slow the average theif down long enough for me to get done if I am out shopping but if they get into my garage while I am not home, not so sure.

This is my worse nightmare. I would cry like a baby if this happened to me. Sorry it happened.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:24:53 AM by 03Lightningrocks »

Tibs

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

• CVO1: '15 Limited
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2015, 12:45:37 PM »

GEO data in pictures exposes where your bike is.   Always strip them out.   

Posting pictures on Facebook with geo tags or with friends who know where you live, then posting pictures of you on vacation pretty much opens up the door.

As much as we hate to believe it, not everyone we know we really know.

Thats why when I am on vacation I made damn sure nobody is advertising it.

Thats also why I ensure I have sufficient coverage.   

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2015, 08:16:01 PM »

My appologies if someone already ask this but I read through twice and did not see it. Did you have the fork locked and the ignition lock engaged? I have wondered at times if this does much to prevent theft. I feel pretty sure it would slow the average theif down long enough for me to get done if I am out shopping but if they get into my garage while I am not home, not so sure.

This is my worse nightmare. I would cry like a baby if this happened to me. Sorry it happened.

Yes Locked ignition and forks in a locked shed. I am still pretty devastated!!

They upped the offer from $7000 to $8900. Heading in the right direction but I will not accept an offer that low. I'll keep you all informed.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2015, 06:18:46 PM »

Locking the forks really doesn't stop the thief that really wants it.

I had mine stolen at work years ago, they pulled up in a lift gate truck , four guys jumped out and slid it on the lift and were gone before the fellow watching it happen could reach for his phone.
He said total time from first seeing the truck pull up till they were gone, about ten seconds.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2015, 11:32:33 PM »

Locking the forks really doesn't stop the thief that really wants it.

I had mine stolen at work years ago, they pulled up in a lift gate truck , four guys jumped out and slid it on the lift and were gone before the fellow watching it happen could reach for his phone.
He said total time from first seeing the truck pull up till they were gone, about ten seconds.

Wouldn't you just love to walk up about the time a no good sum b#@&h was loading her up. I have a CHL and am ALWAYS armed. God help me I think I would unload on them. Just the thought of someone stealing my bike makes me raging mad.

Harley88

• Harley 88
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NV

• CVO1: 07 blue
    • CVO2: 13 sliver
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2015, 11:06:12 AM »

X2

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2015, 05:05:45 PM »

I don't have any good news. They have upped their offer from $7000 to $8900, and are now telling me $10,100 is their final offer. I still think $12,000 is a fair offer. I even have an independent adjuster and he doesn't think they will come up even at arbitration? Pretty sad :(

ONE2BAJA

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2023 CVO Road Glide FLTRXSE Dark Platium 121vvt
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2015, 05:21:12 PM »

Insurance companies are worse then the devil!  Good luck bro!
"The difference between success and failure is the ability to work with a hangover"

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2015, 05:19:58 PM »

Really sorry to hear about this Alien, I know it has to make you sick. Good luck with finding it and or getting what it was worth.
Hard Candy Mercury/Smokey Quartz Flames
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
Rinehart 4" exhaust with Black tips
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Yaffe Originals CVO Stealth III Plate Cover
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Motor Mount Linkage
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent
OEM Chrome Passanger Back Rest & CVO Pad
OEM Chrome Saddlebag Latches

chamo

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2015, 07:46:38 PM »

I'm thinking it will turn up, and sooner than later.  This bike it too beautiful to go missing for long.  People who do this sort of thing are too damn dumb to know what a VIN is. They'll scrape one of the numbers then try to sell it to a friend who will take it to a local dealer for something cool, and bingo, you'll get a call (or your insurance company).

Criminals who commit grand theft in New England got to be dumb. 

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2015, 05:09:06 PM »

FWIW:  Although it may be too late, if the bike or motor shows up in Daytona during Biketofest or Bike Week, there are detectives that work both events full time to check for stolen bikes and key parts.

I was over by J&P and the destectives surrounded several people and took their bikes on the spot.

Hopfully you will be able to at least witness he thieves that go yours get hooked up.  🚔

ChuckB

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2015, 10:34:39 PM »

My sympathy goes out to you. I would die if some one took my 2000 SERG! I try to keep it within site, but sometimes that's not possible. Good luck with the insurance company.

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2015, 11:05:18 PM »

I just bought two Scorpio Alarms. A SR-I900 a alarm with perimeter sensor, ignition disable, loud siren with back up battery.  The other is Ride. It is a GPS tracking. When set off it sends a text to Your Smart Phone,  you can see where your Bike is real time so you can strike them with all your vengance! Or you can call police and give them the code and they can track it and arrest them. Is does require a data plan. 131 per month.
http://ridescorpio.com/ride/
http://ridescorpio.com/shop/scorpio-secure/

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2015, 11:52:18 PM »

My bike has a LoJack system. Hopefully I will never have to use it.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2015, 08:30:47 AM »

I would think with Sat radio and using the extras with traffic and weather , they might be able to find you if Harley teamed up with them in future.  I don't think so now, as those features are offered through Sirus only and they don't care where you are to track the radio.
Will

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »

MY MISTAKE!!! 131 PER YEAR NOT PER MONTH !!! Data plan for GPS tracking in your phone.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2015, 03:08:24 PM »

On trips, I leave my SPOT locator "on" 24/7 overnight all trip. Should the bike be stolen, it will transmit a location signal until it's found by the idiot.  Same could be done all summer long, you would just need to replace the batteries more often.  This way it's always monitored as to location.  And can be found.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 12:45:37 PM by Indenial »
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Alien

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2016, 04:55:54 PM »

I believe I settled on this today. I will update when I have a check in hand.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2016, 04:57:00 PM »

I believe I settled on this today. I will update when I have a check in hand.
:2vrolijk_21: :drink:

Marty
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 21 queries.