Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Can you ride with no hands?  (Read 6907 times)

REGGAB

Re: Can you ride with no hands?
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2007, 10:57:01 PM »

I can ride with no hands, but I have to shift my weight to counteract road crown.  Only do this on occasion to be sure the scooter still tracks straight.

Tony - www.1700cc.co.uk

• Senior CVO Member
  • WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel

• CVO1: FLHYCSE2
    • CVO2: Boss Hoss (w/ZZ430 motor)
    • My bike's website
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2007, 05:02:01 PM »

I can ride with no hands but due to the danger of doing so I try to keep it to a minimum. Unless I am building my own cigarettes or changing DVD in the TV it is both hands on the bars for me.
BC Gerolamy modified heads
TW8 gear drive cams
Daytona TwinTec with WEGO
BC Gerolamy throttle body
Overflow air filter
Feuling Super Pump
V&H Pro Pipe
Cometic Gaskets

WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel when changing

telephone systems

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »

I can ride with no hands but due to the danger of doing so I try to keep it to a minimum. Unless I am building my own cigarettes or changing DVD in the TV it is both hands on the bars for me.

uh,.....   hmmm.....  yea.  What he said.   ::)
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2007, 05:33:15 PM »

I can ride without using my hands, but I can't actually ride with no hands
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

mrigeo

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2007, 02:30:20 PM »

Must have hands to ride without hands.  8)

Mine will track to the side that has the most crap in that saddle bag. Equalize the junk in both bags or leave it all home. Bike will probably run straight.

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2007, 05:39:03 PM »

I can ride almost anytime without hands; however, road crown and loading will cause the bike to lean or not run straight at times.  If you have loose spokes on your rims the bike can also wobble!

Cerdo
Andy

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2007, 01:02:31 PM »

I admit it, I ride with no hands: showing off for someone, or myself...but it's usually the time when I get my best sleep. Any sleep is good sleep, right?

It's well known around Los Angeles if you get caught riding with no hands, you get a lecture from the police or CHP. Then they make you watch old episodes of "CHIP'S" and closeups of Eric Estrada for a week straight. If that wasn't bad enough, your fined, fingered and fXXXed by the LAPD. He said "toss that salad", I went and got 1000 island, and he laughed..

Let's be real, riding with no hands is just plain stupid when upon $25,000 plus Harley Davidsons. It's unnecessary, and most of us all do it for some stupid reason. in which I shake my head at everytime.

Ride Safe and don't dick around with potential disaster. There's plenty of that waiting on every street corner, alley and Highway.

Eric Estrada close up's should scare anybody into hands only!!
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2007, 02:01:15 PM »

I don't advocate riding no hands BUT, if you can't let go of the bars and have the bike track straight and true something is really wrong so any bike I have, I check for that on occasion.

B B

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2007, 04:11:14 PM »

I don't advocate riding no hands BUT, if you can't let go of the bars and have the bike track straight and true something is really wrong so any bike I have, I check for that on occasion.

B B
you are right I don't plan on riding with ot my hands on the bars i just think that to check to see if the bike tracks true you have to at least let go a little to test it. Thanks for all the help Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

charlie

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2007, 07:36:32 PM »

Be for I had new dunlops put on and the TXR my bike ran straight as an arrow now I don't no what is going on, it seems very touchy going down the highway. I guess I have to get use to it with the TXR. Has anyone else had the bike feel different after the TXR was put on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.