Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: How much you paying for insurance?  (Read 5860 times)

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
Re: How much you paying for insurance?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2009, 12:49:42 AM »

Las Vegas  - AllState

54 years old, no claims
Bodily Injury   250000 / 500000
Property damage 100000
collision deduct 1000
comp deduct  500

2008 Dyna FXDF  $390
2007 SERK  $428
Combined Uninsured/Underinsured Premium $553
Grand Total $1372.

and of course, to make your life more enjoyable you need to add annual property taxes on all motor vehicles.

:(
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

Make the best out of everyday because the future is unknown.

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 06:59:10 PM »

Sorry but we disagree,first,the minute any shop starts reparing anything,be it a car,house or motorcycle for the insurance company instead of for the real customer,the one that pays the premium ,that shop has lost his or her focus on very basic princples of any business which is make the customer happy and everything else will fall into place.Second is, the discount or kickback is the only requirement to get on any of these Approved List,nothing is ever taken in consideration like quality of work performed,proper equipment,customer satisfaction because most of the adjusters out there have never repaired or even have a clue how to properly repair the property that they are appraising ,they are only told to always go the cheapest route.So the phrases like we will warranty or they are insurance approved are deceptive to the customer because if you can't actually do the repair and are not licenced to do it how can you approve or even be involved in the repair process if your only interest is to lower the cost at any cost even quality.So what it boils down to is you either work for the insurer who steers business to you or you work for the customer and make him or her happy and they send you other customers.Your first question to any insurer who wants to send to a particular shop is "what agreement has this shop made with your company and can I see a copy of this agreement and legally what right do they have to negotiate on my behalf on the repair of my vehicle?I have been doing this for 25 years and you tell me that the new concerige programs where you are in an accident and they take your keys and have your car fixed by these hack shops who work for the insurance companies surprises you.They don't even allow you to contact the shop.You got to be kidding me.Lets get some other opinions from the people who pay those premiums.

This is complety true!

I had a vandalism claim on my 1985 corvette with Allstate, and they refered me to one of "their" body shops, I talked with the manager at the body shop and he reassured me that I would be getting a "factory" paintjob...
but they weren't going to strip the emblems, mirriors, molding, lights etc off the car. (should have sent up red flags, but I was young and dumb..)
so I asked if I could come in and remove all of that stuff myself, he agreed.

to make a long story short, I stopped in to see the car right after they had painted it, exactly half the car right down the middle from front to back was orange peeled really bad, and the other half looked fine...
showed it to the "manager" and he was shocked!
so they painted it again..... (more red flags should have gone off..)
he said that they guarantee their work for as long as I own the car.
after it was painted the second time by them it looked "ok", I picked it up and went home..
a few weeks later, I noticed that the paint just didn't look right, I questioned if they had used clear on the car, and checked it with some wet sanding paper on the bottom of the fender.. it came up red (the color of the car) so I knew they didn't use clear on the car when they painted it the second time... so back to the paint shop I went, I talked to the same "manager" again and he assured me that it was cleared and the paint was fine. so I took out my sandpaper and ran it across the hood, I thought the guy was going to faint! it came up red and he asked when I could leave it for the THIRD repaint...

so now my corvette had 4 paint jobs on it, the original factory paint (which the paint shop refused to strip), and the three that they did...

so, the moral of the story is.... DONT TRUST YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY!
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 10:02:09 PM »

Totally agree.  I was in an accident and the shop did work that should told me to write off the car... the Vibes unibody was warped over 1 inch... complained, they fixed again... it cost them more to not fix it than it would have cost to buy me a new one.

I had another accident, not my fault, and this time I refused the insurance companies offer of a "Certified" body shop... I got an independent appraisal... the car they said they could fix, needed a new Sub frame because it was warped... that car was written off

ALWAYS get an independent appraiser to check the car...before the work.

Consider this...
The guy at the shop about to do the work wants to work, not write off a car, and once he gets the go-ahead he  will find or uncover unseen damage.. insurance company is already into a repair and will authorize the work... and you end up getting a wreck back

Follow the money, if they are going to make some, check out how they do it and if it is in your interrest
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »

Is that a Canadian policy Hawg?  or did you cross border shop??    :nixweiss:   No really is the cost of insurance that much cheeper in Alberta than Ontario?  Cause I have the same bike as Gank (only the good color :pepper:) and I pay just over $900.00 per year.
Canadian Policy
Just looked up  this is what I pay...
$178.00 property damage
$507.00 with a 1000.00 deductible gives me
1,000,000 Liablility coverage
I have been with them for Twenty Years
I was off a little with my first quote of $400.00 and change  :nixweiss: been a while since I last checked.  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:12:15 PM by Hawg »
Hawg

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2009, 05:22:44 AM »

I think I pay $550.00 a year w/Allstate  Piggy Backed with all other insurances for a discount.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.