Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Author Topic: Bitch of the day  (Read 10881 times)

SPIDERMAN

Bitch of the day
« on: May 12, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »

Seems like I'm startin a lot of threads lately just to bitch about something, so I'm gonna open this one up to keep em all in one place.

Today's rant is about H-D's penchant for making chrome do dads and such that don't work if you've got other chrome do dads already on. Case in point. I just installed a transmission/engine interface kit. Three pieces of chrome that tie the engine and tranny together on the right side of the bike. First off, it's a sunofabitch to install without taking the exhaust system off. Fortunately for me I've had a dog in this fight for years and have gained considerable experience and also a collection of short sawed off allen wrenches and such. Next is the fact that if you have the trans dip stick that you can unscrew with your fingers, it won't work with this. Since I already had the whole damn thing installed at that point, I put the stock dip stick back in. So no I gotta remember to pack a big ass allen wrench for that sucker when I'm on the road.
Next case in point I mentioned on the thread about the new 07 P/N lower fork slider cover that while a very nice part, doesn't work with the nice dressy chrome axle spacers. Didn't mention that anywhere in the cat supplement I saw the part in. So that's it for today. Tomorrow it'll be something else.I'll be the first to admit it, I gettin more ornery by the week. I haven't ridden more than 350 miles in one day since last October.  These 200 mile rides around the county aren't doin it for me. I need to be out on the open highway, with as James Taylor once said. " 10 miles behind me and 10,000 more to go "

B B

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: Bitch of the day
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 09:44:50 PM »

I feel your pain. I own an 01 injected bike. The last year for the M&M and none of the cool stuf fits it.

Lets see, your left coast, I'm right coast, where is the middle? I need to get some riding in...... I'm going to start emailing to see who has some floor space for Myrtle. I have no issues with packing the bike up and heading out Tuesday.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 09:47:35 PM »

Seems like I'm startin a lot of threads lately just to bitch about something, so I'm gonna open this one up to keep em all in one place.

Today's rant is about H-D's penchant for making chrome do dads and such that don't work if you've got other chrome do dads already on. Case in point. I just installed a transmission/engine interface kit. Three pieces of chrome that tie the engine and tranny together on the right side of the bike. First off, it's a sunofabitch to install without taking the exhaust system off. Fortunately for me I've had a dog in this fight for years and have gained considerable experience and also a collection of short sawed off allen wrenches and such. Next is the fact that if you have the trans dip stick that you can unscrew with your fingers, it won't work with this. Since I already had the whole damn thing installed at that point, I put the stock dip stick back in. So no I gotta remember to pack a big ass allen wrench for that sucker when I'm on the road.
Next case in point I mentioned on the thread about the new 07 P/N lower fork slider cover that while a very nice part, doesn't work with the nice dressy chrome axle spacers. Didn't mention that anywhere in the cat supplement I saw the part in. So that's it for today. Tomorrow it'll be something else.I'll be the first to admit it, I gettin more ornery by the week. I haven't ridden more than 350 miles in one day since last October.  These 200 mile rides around the county aren't doin it for me. I need to be out on the open highway, with as James Taylor once said. " 10 miles behind me and 10,000 more to go "

B B

Was it a tranny interface cover for LD or Elvis?  I finally got one on the red bike several months ago after it had been setting here waiting for install probably that much longer.  At least on it the package warning that it wasn't supposed to fit with hydraulic clutch or 6 speed was right.  With a little contouring at the grinder it went on though.  On it the tranny dipstick remained uncovered though.  A couple of others had had issues with the dipstick.  Mine was the Kuryakyn version of the dipstick and it worked ok though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 09:48:23 PM »

I feel your pain. I own an 01 injected bike. The last year for the M&M and none of the cool stuf fits it.

Lets see, your left coast, I'm right coast, where is the middle? I need to get some riding in...... I'm going to start emailing to see who has some floor space for Myrtle. I have no issues with packing the bike up and heading out Tuesday.

I'm in the middle.  You guys meet here and the beer is on me.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 12:27:40 AM »

the beer is on me.

H'mmm, how much beer do you have?

Hey Don, new seat on the ride?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 02:10:55 AM »

H'mmm, how much beer do you have?

Hey Don, new seat on the ride?

Beer quantity = demand

Seat?  You betcha.  Me like.  Me like a lot.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 05:33:42 AM »

Spiderman,

Is this thread just for your bitching or can the rest of us bitch here too?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 08:02:55 AM »

Is there a thread on the seat, didn't notice any topics?

What is it? How is it different then the Corbin?  Done a 800 mile day yet to test it?

And, how does the color fit in with the rest of the Red scheme?

I bought a Corbin Rumble for my bike, heated too, thought it would be just the ticket since I ride mostly solo. Figuring when Deb went it is easy enough to put the "fat" seat on with the the new King Tour Pak (which she really likes).

Corbin Rumble does not fit on a 2005 SEEG  :oops: because of the stealth luggage rack  :nixweiss:

MV 2013

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 09:38:46 AM »

Beer quantity = demand

Which seat did you get?  I seem to remember "I'm done with modifications, it's time to ride it" after you did the engine work... :huepfenjump3:

We both know that it's never "done"
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 09:57:58 AM »

Which seat did you get?  I seem to remember "I'm done with modifications, it's time to ride it" after you did the engine work... :huepfenjump3:

Don always was one of the biggest trouble makers on this site  :huepfenjump3:

MV 2013

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 10:11:39 AM »

Is there a thread on the seat, didn't notice any topics?

What is it? How is it different then the Corbin?  Done a 800 mile day yet to test it?

And, how does the color fit in with the rest of the Red scheme?

I bought a Corbin Rumble for my bike, heated too, thought it would be just the ticket since I ride mostly solo. Figuring when Deb went it is easy enough to put the "fat" seat on with the the new King Tour Pak (which she really likes).

Corbin Rumble does not fit on a 2005 SEEG  :oops: because of the stealth luggage rack  :nixweiss:

Check this thread Duane:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=13042.0

It's started by TC.  He found the seat for sale on another board and posted the information in the "For Sale" section.  It was a super deal for a used Corbin.  All the chatter and then later my pictures of it installed all stayed in that thread.

No long days on it yet.  Only had it four or five days now.  But have had it out for a couple hours one day and about thre hours yesterday.  It's a Road King seat pan rather than a SEEG seat.  Its nose still fits the bottom of the dash and tank surprisingly well.  And it's actually more comfortable than the SEEG seat.  All in all I'm a very happy camper.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 10:14:19 AM »

That's true Ernie.  It was completely done and I wasn't going to mess with it anymore.  So after the engine work was done the seat was TC's fault.  He found it for sale used on another site and waved it in front of my nose at an unbelievably low bargain basement price.  The power saddlebag locks and new chrome calipers that went on after the motor work were just me being a weak sniveling bastard with no will power and rainy Saturdays to kill  :huepfenlol2: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 10:16:03 AM »

Oh crap!  Just noticed that last sentence.  Terribly sorry about that.  Was Plan B losing that stupid useless stealth luggage rack or selling the seat?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 10:32:55 AM »

Oh crap!  Just noticed that last sentence.  Terribly sorry about that.  Was Plan B losing that stupid useless stealth luggage rack or selling the seat?

Haven't decided yet Don.

I actually like the look of the useless rack, since most of the time the bike has the stock seat. Removing will require more money, as you have to change out the bar that holds the trim pieces. I actually took one of the the rails off, was going to try the seat. But without removing the whole bar the rails are just too hard to take off. So I gave up and spent twice as long trying to get it back on.

Right now the seat is sitting in the box in the garage.

I emailed Corbin about doing a trade in, they never responded. With the heck good is a "contact us" link on their site if they don't reply?  :nixweiss:

I still like the look of the rumble, so I haven't given up yet, and it is a Corbin, the brand everybody raves about. And it has heat. Kind of thought that was a useless option, but several times now I have had frost on the seat and plenty of time dew. I'm guessing the heat would dry the seat up a bit after wiping the dew off. So that could be beneficial year round.

So I got the seat (heated) for a good deal (450), add the cost of a bar to replace the stealth rack, add the cost to custom paint the black trim on the seat, of course I could have something "personal" painted that won't take away from the bike. I do save $$$ because a rider "backrest" is not available for this seat. No hole.

Or, plan b is still to fly out to Corbin for a mini vacation, get one of the local SEEG riders to ride over for the seat pan then  .........

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Somebody please help us!

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 10:34:13 AM »

power saddlebag locks

??, 06 HD item that fits the 05?

MV 2013

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 10:40:37 AM »

The power locks are on the 07 SEUC's.  Harley sells the various locking hardware parts separately though.  They do not, however, sell a wiring harness to tie it all together.

The harness is printed in a service manual though.  So you can roll your own.  The chore is shown here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12844.0

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 10:59:05 AM »

B B....same problem here, but different parts.  I want the engine case cover that goes from the tranny cover to the base of the rear cylinder...guess what?  It doesn't fit with the Lifter Block covers I already have installed (which were a bitch, by the way).  I'm going to order the damn thing anyway and take a Dremel to it and make it work, if possible.  Kury doesn't seem to have this problem for some reason as all their parts fit together nicely...what a novel concept...to have a bit of foresight.  I need the cover to hide the damn weeping, dirty seam that comes back after every cleaning.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 11:09:55 AM »

Spiderman,

Is this thread just for your bitching or can the rest of us bitch here too?

Open season Amigo. It'll make it easier for us to see what pisses each other off  ;D

TC  Yes, what a marvelous concept those Kuryakyn folks have - - making sure all of their stuff fits. Amazing. But I'm sure the apologists at H-D would have an excuse. Seems lately H-D is spending more money on spin doctors than on on quality assurance. Anyway, I got all three covers on Los Dragonnes and they look good If they were not already on I'd consider the Demel route to keep the twist off tanny filler plug, but I'm not starting over again. As is, I've gotta pull the front axle and take out the fancy schmancy spacers, put in stock ones to get the lower fork slider axle cover on. And then it's the heat deflectors over the rear pipe. Did I mentione how convoluted H-D made this over the Kuryakn. AND, they're made fom solid black ABS and not lexan like the Kury parts. Nothing happening today however, it's Brunch at the Country Club with my wife for Mother's Day and then I promised her a long ride down the coast on LD. Seems we've come to an agreement I wasn't part to. LD is "our" bike. Elvis is mine. 

B B
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 11:20:01 AM by SPIDERMAN »

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »

Open season Amigo. It'll make it easier for us to see what pisses each other off  ;D

TC  Yes, what a marvelous concept those Kuryakyn folks have - - making sure all of their stuff fits. Amazing. But I'm sure the apologists at H-D would have an excuse. Seems lately H-D is spending more money on spin doctors than on on quality assurance. Anyway, I got all three covers on Los Dragonnes and they look good If they were not already on I'd consider the Demel route to keep the twist off tanny filler plug, but I'm not starting over again. As is, I've gotta pull the front axle and take out the fancy schmancy spacers, put in stock ones to get the lower fork slider axle cover on. And then it's the heat deflectors over the rear pipe. Did I mentione how convoluted H-D made this over the Kuryakn. AND, they're made fom solid black ABS and not lexan like the Kury parts. Nothing happening today however, it's Brunch at the Country Club with my wife for Mother's Day and then I promised her a long ride down the coast on LD. Seems we've come to an agreement I wasn't part to. LD is "our" bike. Elvis is mine. 

B B

It's odd that they did not consider the obvious...if a person is going to all the trouble to dress up the lower fork like that, they would probably also like to have the chrome spacers you speak of and which came on my bike (but are now replaced with the PM version), and are sitting in the "parts cabinet".

We want pics of the new ends when you get them on.  Need a buyer for the axel?  I put the BAH end cap on yesterday...

TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 02:00:05 PM »

Don's bike started life as on '05, has parts from '06 (H-K Radio), '07 (Power Locks) and we are waiting for the '08's to come out to see what will be next. Something about a challenge that Don just enjoys.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 02:11:10 PM »

B B....same problem here, but different parts.  I want the engine case cover that goes from the tranny cover to the base of the rear cylinder...guess what?  It doesn't fit with the Lifter Block covers I already have installed (which were a bitch, by the way).  I'm going to order the damn thing anyway and take a Dremel to it and make it work, if possible.  Kury doesn't seem to have this problem for some reason as all their parts fit together nicely...what a novel concept...to have a bit of foresight.  I need the cover to hide the damn weeping, dirty seam that comes back after every cleaning.

TC, there is one other option to consider.  I personally think it's a lot better looking. 

Yours will likely be apart this winter for your cam (or other) work anyway.  When you do that change your lifter blocks.  Lose the covers you've got.  They are better looking than stock.  But they are also kind of bulky looking. 

Use these instead.  You'll make the appearance sleeker, have a better looking part, and allow all the room in the world for the other part behind it. 

I went ahead and did the matching rocker boxes and push rod tubes at the same time.  The push rod tubes and lifter blocks weren't nearly as expensive as the rocker boxes though (and they often showed up on eBay pretty cheap from guys that bought them and then found out they actually had to tear stuff apart to change them).

Anyway....  Just another option.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 02:27:41 PM »

Anyway....  Just another option.

I was actually thinking of using the "Report to moderator" button ...... you are such a troublemaker :-\

MV 2013

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 02:29:07 PM »

I was actually thinking of using the "Report to moderator" button ...... you are such a troublemaker :-\

It's ok Duane.  I've been on double secret probation so long I think my posts automatically self report.   ???

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 02:34:26 PM »

No he's not, I have the same set-up on Elvis and if he hadn't recommended it to TC I would have. Must be why I've been on Double Super Secret Probation since my 3rd day on the site.

B B

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 02:39:14 PM »

Must be why I've been on Double Super Secret Probation since my 3rd day on the site.

B B

That's the problem with troublemakers like you two ..... always so proud of the mayhem you cause  :huepfenjump3:

MV 2013

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 02:43:55 PM »

That's the problem with troublemakers like you two ..... always so proud of the mayhem you cause  :huepfenjump3:

I prefer to subscribe to the theory that intelligent minds think alike  :2vrolijk_21:

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 02:45:22 PM »

No he's not, I have the same set-up on Elvis and if he hadn't recommended it to TC I would have. Must be why I've been on Double Super Secret Probation since my 3rd day on the site.

B B

Those are a nice looking combination Brian.  Have always liked them.  Can certainly understand why they aren't seen in greater use.  Harley charges a fair bit for those rocker boxes especially (that you eBay!) and installing it all is more of a chore than some wish to bite off.  Certainly is a nice looking addition when it's done though.  Then again, what isn't nice about Elvis  :2vrolijk_21: !

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »

I prefer to subscribe to the theory that intelligent minds think alike  :2vrolijk_21:

B B

Trailblazers! 

(hey, trailblazer and troublemaker both start with T  :-\ )

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 06:57:33 PM »

Yea, that's a good option...as I start gathering parts later this summer, I'll have to see if I can find those on e-bay a bit cheaper than normal...if not, what the hell, it's only money.

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2007, 07:07:50 PM »

Yea, that's a good option...as I start gathering parts later this summer, I'll have to see if I can find those on e-bay a bit cheaper than normal...if not, what the hell, it's only money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190105436197

Take a look at that one TC.  Was curious about what might be out there now and stumbled in to this listing.  $130 for tubes and lifter blocks.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 08:48:36 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190105436197

Take a look at that one TC.  Was curious about what might be out there now and stumbled in to this listing.  $130 for tubes and lifter blocks.

Thanks for that link, Don.  Purchased.

TTS Mastertune

RedFXR2

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 08:53:21 AM »

Oh.  I thought this thread was about Paris Hilton. ;D

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 08:54:06 AM »

I demand beer...

Beer quantity = demand

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 09:47:09 AM »

Oh.  I thought this thread was about Paris Hilton. ;D

;D too funny....I actually came in to make sure spidey wasn't talking bout ME!!  :P
I like shiny stuff!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 11:11:16 AM »

I wasn't sure if he was thinking about Jane Fonda, Hilary Clinton or a female dog. 

Or it could have been me too. 

Whew!   :cherry:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 03:08:08 PM »

SHOULD WE REALLY BE HONEST?

A while back I went to buy some shelving for the closets in the house at home Depot during a remodeling project. I'd already budget priced everything and knew I was looking at $1,000 or so. I had $200-$300 of other items to purchase so when they rung it up at $1,060 I shrugged and thought, guess it was cheaper than I had first thought. I drove across the highway to eat lunch. While eating I went over the receipt. They had obviously neglected to scan all of the items and not charged me enough. Now, I'll say I'm a honest man, basically, most of the time, sorta. If it was a CVO memmber, or an individual, I'd do the right thing and bring it to their attention. But, this is Home Depot. They own the big box stores. They put little ma and pa lumber yards out of business. They're owned by greedy stockholders. F**k em. I drove off. Within a mile, I turned around and went back. The more I thought about it, I left again. At the same spot in the road, again, I went back. I was struggling with "what's the right thing".  Obviously if I kept going back and forth, it was bothering me. So I go back in. Here's where it gets interesting.

I tell the floor manager what happened. She looked at me, WOW, there is STILL honest people in this world. THAT made me feel good for doing the right thing. She told a young kid to go out to my truck and write down the 1,000 digit bar code of every item I purchased, (the items were too large to take back off the truck easily), bring the list back to the customer service desk and instruct her to "re-ring" the entire order and give me a 10% discount for my honesty. When he passes this info on to the woman behind the counter she looks at me very puzzled. HOW am I supposed to do this? Lady, I just shop here, I don't know. Her and the manager go into a pow-wow. They have come up with a plan. First they give me a credit on EVERYTHING listed on my receipt. It was over a foot long. She had to manually key in every bar code item until it matched up exactly. They have a few rules about giving out credit to customers. First, they don't give cash back, they put it on a credit card for store credit. Before she can give me the card though, she has to have proof of ID.

"blink" You're kidding me, right? All I'm trying to do is pay you for the items you didn't originally charge me for. Yes, sir, I understand that, but, we have rules. So, under protest, I show her ID. She had to call the manager back to "OK" and sign off on the store credit because it was over $1,000. Then she keys all of the items back into the computer plus the original items they'd forgotten. Then, she took the 10% off. I handed her the store credit card, and I owed a difference of $75. I had the cash, but decided I wanted to write a check. Since I'd just signed for a $1,000 credit, my name is highlighted & blackballed everytime I go in a HomeDepot now. The manager had to approve the check.

Look lady, I know you have a job to do and your hands are tied, but do you think I drove back to your store to alert you of your mistake,  so I could write you a cold check after 2 hours of this BS, so you could send me to jail??????? Seriously!

Next time this happens to me, do you think I've driving back?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »

A while back I went to buy some shelving for the closets in the house at home Depot during a remodeling project. I'd already budget priced everything and knew I was looking at $1,000 or so. I had $200-$300 of other items to purchase so when they rung it up at $1,060 I shrugged and thought, guess it was cheaper than I had first thought. I drove across the highway to eat lunch. While eating I went over the receipt. They had obviously neglected to scan all of the items and not charged me enough. Now, I'll say I'm a honest man, basically, most of the time, sorta. If it was a CVO memmber, or an individual, I'd do the right thing and bring it to their attention. But, this is Home Depot. They own the big box stores. They put little ma and pa lumber yards out of business. They're owned by greedy stockholders. F**k em. I drove off. Within a mile, I turned around and went back. The more I thought about it, I left again. At the same spot in the road, again, I went back. I was struggling with "what's the right thing".  Obviously if I kept going back and forth, it was bothering me. So I go back in. Here's where it gets interesting.

I tell the floor manager what happened. She looked at me, WOW, there is STILL honest people in this world. THAT made me feel good for doing the right thing. She told a young kid to go out to my truck and write down the 1,000 digit bar code of every item I purchased, (the items were too large to take back off the truck easily), bring the list back to the customer service desk and instruct her to "re-ring" the entire order and give me a 10% discount for my honesty. When he passes this info on to the woman behind the counter she looks at me very puzzled. HOW am I supposed to do this? Lady, I just shop here, I don't know. Her and the manager go into a pow-wow. They have come up with a plan. First they give me a credit on EVERYTHING listed on my receipt. It was over a foot long. She had to manually key in every bar code item until it matched up exactly. They have a few rules about giving out credit to customers. First, they don't give cash back, they put it on a credit card for store credit. Before she can give me the card though, she has to have proof of ID.

"blink" You're kidding me, right? All I'm trying to do is pay you for the items you didn't originally charge me for. Yes, sir, I understand that, but, we have rules. So, under protest, I show her ID. She had to call the manager back to "OK" and sign off on the store credit because it was over $1,000. Then she keys all of the items back into the computer plus the original items they'd forgotten. Then, she took the 10% off. I handed her the store credit card, and I owed a difference of $75. I had the cash, but decided I wanted to write a check. Since I'd just signed for a $1,000 credit, my name is highlighted & blackballed everytime I go in a HomeDepot now. The manager had to approve the check.

Look lady, I know you have a job to do and your hands are tied, but do you think I drove back to your store to alert you of your mistake,  so I could write you a cold check after 2 hours of this BS, so you could send me to jail??????? Seriously!

Note to self:  Being honest at Home Depot sucks.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 03:17:37 PM »

Please don't take this the wrong way, I have been contemplating this message for some time about the rights and wrongs and how we should behave.  AND after all my contemplating, wrestling with my conscience, discussing it with the Great man upstairs, wondering whether it is one of life's fortuous moments I have come to the conclusion that, - "You must have had a brain fart!!!"  :smilie_daumenneg:

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 03:55:59 PM »

HB,
So how much you think you spent in gas (going back and forth) and time waiting for the folks to "straighten things out" at HD (is this a coincidence?????).  Certainly cost you more than the 75$.  But I admire your honesty.
You did the right thing IMHO, but I've experienced the same "issues" when trying to do right by folks.  First they can't believe it, then they can't handle the confusion it causes.
TC

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 04:00:56 PM »

Not nothing in gas. I never made it more than a mile from the store. BUT, I was a good two hours getting it handled. In my opinion, if I was the manager, I would have gotten on  a calculator (that's an antique instrument used to add and subtract numbers), calculated the difference, took the money, and let the customer go. We would have worked out the BS later on.

I think those people are sometimes educated beyond their intelligence.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 04:15:40 PM »

Not nothing in gas. I never made it more than a mile from the store. BUT, I was a good two hours getting it handled. In my opinion, if I was the manager, I would have gotten on  a calculator (that's an antique instrument used to add and subtract numbers), calculated the difference, took the money, and let the customer go. We would have worked out the BS later on.

I think you did the right thing, HB.  But, having to put up with all that BS would have made my next stop a place to get a cold beverage  :drink: :drink: 

Honestly, I think people are losing their ability to problem solve because of all the "rules" and machines we now have in place to do business.  To use an overused phrase....it keeps people from developing any ability to think outside the box.  Machines and rules are good, but they are also meant to be worked around and bent/broken/questioned. Where you or I would have done as you suggested and figured the difference, got the money, and worked out the details when we closed out the register for the day, others just don't think like that.  Hell, bro....most of 'em can't even make change without the machine telling them how much to give back, or spitting it out for them.  They are like lemmings walking off a cliff...

TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 04:34:21 PM »

During that remodeling project, I started trading with Lowes because of the problems with HD. Same chit there. I hate Lowes, HD, Wal-Mart and shopping malls.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 04:44:51 PM »

All of this transpired IMO because of Corporate Procedures. ( Think ISO 9001) The bean counters have taken over corperate America to the point where they've lost all sight of why they are in business. (the customer) I used to be able to go into Denny's and order biscuits instead of pancakes with one of those combo meals they advertise. Not anymore. " you take it the way we give it to you " exact quote from the waitress, then the manager. So, now I go to a little place run by a retired San Diego County Sheriif's Deputy and his family. The food's good, the service is good, I get to order what I want and the price is fair. Now if one of those cops would just give me a " get out of jail free card" I'd be all set.

B B

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 05:47:09 PM »

After the HD incident, I bought a vibrating sander from Lowes. I own a consruction business, so I charged it to our account there. We get a 10% discount. The sander was normally like $47. After the discount it was $42.30. I get it home, open it, and it's broke. Well chit. A week later, I'm through the area, and decided to take it back for a new one. I go to the service desk with the sander and the receipt. She first credits my account for the $47 by mistake. Then she gives me a $47 charge to void that $47 credit. The next time she is careful to take the 10% discount. she hands me the ticket to sign, and it's a charge rather than a credit. NO, I'm not signing that, it's a charge ticket. OOPS, so, she does another credit, this time with the 10% discount. I sign those two tickets but, wait for the next credit. She's like--What next credit? I just wrote you a credit. *rolling my eyes* I ask her to call the manager over after we argued a bit. Ever tried to argue with a (Fill in the blank). The manger goes through the list of tickets, listens to me, and tells the girl to write me another credit.

After getting squared away with the service desk finally, I go back to the tool section and get another sander just like the first one, hopefully not broke. I go to the cashier and tell her to charge it, and don't forget the 10% discount. She still forgot. Well, void that transaction and let's start over. NO! she can't do that, I'd have to take it to the service desk.

I mean, it's almost comical. I paid $5 more for the sander the second time. NO THANKS. No more service desk, please......................... I did get back to the office and sent a rather lengthy email to Lowe's web site. 6 Months later, I received a gift card for $25. 6 months? Will the insults ever cease?

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »

I think you did the right thing, HB.  But, having to put up with all that BS would have made my next stop a place to get a cold beverage  :drink: :drink: 

Honestly, I think people are losing their ability to problem solve because of all the "rules" and machines we now have in place to do business.  To use an overused phrase....it keeps people from developing any ability to think outside the box.  Machines and rules are good, but they are also meant to be worked around and bent/broken/questioned. Where you or I would have done as you suggested and figured the difference, got the money, and worked out the details when we closed out the register for the day, others just don't think like that.  Hell, bro....most of 'em can't even make change without the machine telling them how much to give back, or spitting it out for them.  They are like lemmings walking off a cliff...
You're spot on Terry.  I think a good deal of the problem is that the business's just don't take the time to train their employees - especially those that directly interface with the customers.  The making change comment is great.  I purposely try to do my part to improve the math skills of counter staff at fast food places.  I wait until they've entered the amount I've given them in folding money, and then hand them the exact amount of change so I'll get bills back... Never ceases to amaze me the reactions I get.  I've had managers called over (who couldn't figure it out without voiding the sale and starting over with the register!!!).  I had one tell me they can't take tips :nixweiss:.  Unbelievable!
HB - back to your issues - I've gotten to the point that I'll go to the big box places to "touch and feel" what I'm looking for and then go to the internet and buy from a "trusted" sources - much like I'm sure many of us do here with Zanotti's and Chicago HD... Not always fool-proof, but I find this approach a good  deal less frustrating.  I mean if it really goes south, I can always fling my laptop out a window :huepfenlol2:.
Tony

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2007, 07:27:27 PM »

After the HD incident, I bought a vibrating sander from Lowes. I own a consruction business, so I charged it to our account there. We get a 10% discount. The sander was normally like $47. After the discount it was $42.30. I get it home, open it, and it's broke. Well chit. A week later, I'm through the area, and decided to take it back for a new one. I go to the service desk with the sander and the receipt. She first credits my account for the $47 by mistake. Then she gives me a $47 charge to void that $47 credit. The next time she is careful to take the 10% discount. she hands me the ticket to sign, and it's a charge rather than a credit. NO, I'm not signing that, it's a charge ticket. OOPS, so, she does another credit, this time with the 10% discount. I sign those two tickets but, wait for the next credit. She's like--What next credit? I just wrote you a credit. *rolling my eyes* I ask her to call the manager over after we argued a bit. Ever tried to argue with a (Fill in the blank). The manger goes through the list of tickets, listens to me, and tells the girl to write me another credit.

After getting squared away with the service desk finally, I go back to the tool section and get another sander just like the first one, hopefully not broke. I go to the cashier and tell her to charge it, and don't forget the 10% discount. She still forgot. Well, void that transaction and let's start over. NO! she can't do that, I'd have to take it to the service desk.

I mean, it's almost comical. I paid $5 more for the sander the second time. NO THANKS. No more service desk, please......................... I did get back to the office and sent a rather lengthy email to Lowe's web site. 6 Months later, I received a gift card for $25. 6 months? Will the insults ever cease?

H/B

Remind me to never go shopping with you if we are in a hurry!

;)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2007, 07:30:45 PM »

No.

That is the price you are paying for marrying the perfect woman. 

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2007, 10:26:15 PM »

You all make excellent points, I blame the "zero tolerance" culture that corporate america has bestowed upon us. If you think on your own, you go down in flames if it isn't exactly what the boss wants. JMHO.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2007, 10:08:39 AM »

No.

That is the price you are paying for marrying the perfect woman. 

:D he told me all the bullsh....I mean info he was feedin ya yesterday.... I KNOW you're much smarter than to fall for that!! Altho perfect woman for HIM would be a good call! ( I do remind him daily so he don't fergit!)  :P
I like shiny stuff!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2007, 03:39:14 PM »

I'm really liking this "Bitch of the Day" Thread. I have another bitch.

I'm always hearing people in the motorcyle world talk about "Posers". My first reaction is, Am I a "Poser"? If I am, what am I supposedly posing as?

I understand a poser could be a person who buys a HD and never rides it. They may trailer it everywhere they go.

I understand a poser could be a motorcyclist who wears all the leathers and dew rags and colors to pose as a member of a certain notorious club.

I ride my HD every chance I get. Have I ever trailered it? Damn straight. When it's 32 degrees here and 80 degrees in Florida I have, and certainly will again. I do prefer to ride it. I don't ride 100,000 miles a year. I have this bad habit of eating regularly that dictates I have a paying job.

I'm not a club member nor do I care to be. I'm not even a Hog member. I think I'm too proud to go by other people's rules. I'll ride when I want to, where I want to, how I want to. I have a leather vest with the HD eagle on it. Does that make me a poser? I wear a dew rag so I won't mess up my hair. Does that make me a poser since I'm not a club member? I do try and offset the "badboy" image of the dew rag and leather vest with Carhart overalls and red wing boots. I do have to admit, sometimes I'll miss 2 or 3 days shaving. does that make me a poser?

So, tell me, I sincerely wanna know, what is a poser?

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2007, 03:48:30 PM »

I'd answer but I'm still laughing about the part you said about messing up your hair!!

Plus I gave ya my cents already.... and ya KNOW I'm always right  :P
I like shiny stuff!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2007, 03:55:35 PM »

I'd answer but I'm still laughing about the part you said about messing up your hair!!

Plus I gave ya my cents already.... and ya KNOW I'm always right  :P

I suppose you could call me a poser for telling you I was filthy rich before we got married. BUT, you should have known I wasn't 6' 10" tall and a former center for the NY knicks before ya married me.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2007, 04:09:19 PM »

My bitch is I'm stuck inside and not riding.....while my manager is playing golf, I'd rather be out posing riding, enjoying the wind in my dew rag, hair or whatever...................
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 04:11:06 PM by Rjob749 »

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2007, 04:14:32 PM »

The best way I can 'splain it is the Movie "Wild Hogs" The three main guys were "Posers" or in an earlier time "Yuppies" folks that have never lived the Hard Knock down life of a "Real" Biker so they just dress like one :)

I wear Motor clothes because my polyester doesn't hold up well in the highly unlikely event I was to get knocked off of the bike I'm "pose-in to Ride"   ;D

" Can't we all just get along"  :coolblue: :cucumber:

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2007, 04:32:18 PM »

*skeered looks* ...we're not rich??? *grumblin, not after buying all the chrome!!*

Well, hell Ken, I'm only 5'2" and weigh as much as Rottie, and twice as mean. Plus ya know I believe EVERYTHING ya say!! *dreamy smiles*
I like shiny stuff!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »

I'm really liking this "Bitch of the Day" Thread. I have another bitch.

I'm always hearing people in the motorcycle world talk about "Posers". My first reaction is, Am I a "Poser"? If I am, what am I supposedly posing as?

I understand a poser could be a person who buys a HD and never rides it. They may trailer it everywhere they go.

I understand a poser could be a motorcyclist who wears all the leathers and dew rags and colors to pose as a member of a certain notorious club.

I ride my HD every chance I get. Have I ever trailered it? Damn straight. When it's 32 degrees here and 80 degrees in Florida I have, and certainly will again. I do prefer to ride it. I don't ride 100,000 miles a year. I have this bad habit of eating regularly that dictates I have a paying job.

I'm not a club member nor do I care to be. I'm not even a Hog member. I think I'm too proud to go by other people's rules. I'll ride when I want to, where I want to, how I want to. I have a leather vest with the HD eagle on it. Does that make me a poser? I wear a dew rag so I won't mess up my hair. Does that make me a poser since I'm not a club member? I do try and offset the "badboy" image of the dew rag and leather vest with Carhart overalls and red wing boots. I do have to admit, sometimes I'll miss 2 or 3 days shaving. does that make me a poser?

Here's one possible definition by Urban Dictionary:  A once proud brand of motorcycles that were originally only owned by legit badasses back in the day. Sadly sometime in the `80s posers got into the act and Harley Davidson began to become more concerned with merchandising rather than building decent bikes and it became acceptable for doctors, lawyers, and fat bald guys having a midlife crisis to ride Harley's.

If you own a Harley Davidson edition anything you're not a bad-ass you're a pathetic poser urinating allover the once proud name of Harley Davidson. F@$kin' (edited by me) trendys always ruin everything.

Personally, I could give a chit what someone who considers themselves NOT to be a "poser" thinks about me owning HD's most expensive bike.  While I don't understand why somebody buys a motorcycle and then puts 1K on it a year, if they are able to ride after the purchase...I guess if I had to pigeon hole people as posers, those would be the ones, generally speaking.  I owned a panhead chopper in 70-72, had hair down to my ass, dilated pupils most of the time my eyes were open, and didn't care if the sun came up the next day.  Did that make me a "biker"....?

I'm not all that fat, and not entirely bald...I'm no lawyer or doctor, and I'm sure not rich.  I wear do-rags sometimes too, to keep people from seeing how screwed up my hair is from wearing a helmet for the last 4 hours, and to keep from sweating in the helmet so much (see: fat/bald).  I buy some HD clothing, even though I know it's overpriced, but I like some of the stuff.  I quit riding HD's after the panhead not because I didn't like Harley any more, I had other priorities, like paying my way through school.  So I drove VW Bugs, Honda bikes...that's all I could afford.  25+ years later I was in a position to go in debt for a HD of my dreams.  I love my bike and riding as much as anyone who thinks they are not a "poser".  I don't have the brand tattooed on my body anywhere...don't have any tats at all, in fact, as I've never seen anything I liked well enough to have it become a permanent part of my body 'till I die.  I've not been in many bar fights, or any kind of fights for that matter.  I've never felt the need to show anyone how tough I am.  I choose my real friends carefully, and don't need colors to remind me of who they are, or why.

Am I a "poser"?  Maybe in some people's eyes I am.  I love riding motorcycles.  I'd ride anything with two wheels and a motor and love doing that too, no matter the brand.  If that makes me less than a "real" biker, so be it.  Those who might think that about me would not be my friends in the first place, so f'em and feed 'em beans.

TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »

TC, I agree with everything you wrote! Ride on when ya can Bro!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2007, 04:54:19 PM »

Here's one possible definition by Urban Dictionary:  A once proud brand of motorcycles that were originally only owned by legit badasses back in the day. Sadly sometime in the `80s posers got into the act and Harley Davidson began to become more concerned with merchandising rather than building decent bikes and it became acceptable for doctors, lawyers, and fat bald guys having a midlife crisis to ride Harley's.

If you own a Harley Davidson edition anything you're not a bad-ass you're a pathetic poser urinating allover the once proud name of Harley Davidson. F@$kin' (edited by me) trendys always ruin everything.

Personally, I could give a chit what someone who considers themselves NOT to be a "poser" thinks about me owning HD's most expensive bike.  While I don't understand why somebody buys a motorcycle and then puts 1K on it a year, if they are able to ride after the purchase...I guess if I had to pigeon hole people as posers, those would be the ones, generally speaking.  I owned a panhead chopper in 70-72, had hair down to my ass, dilated pupils most of the time my eyes were open, and didn't care if the sun came up the next day.  Did that make me a "biker"....?

I'm not all that fat, and not entirely bald...I'm no lawyer or doctor, and I'm sure not rich.  I wear do-rags sometimes too, to keep people from seeing how screwed up my hair is from wearing a helmet for the last 4 hours, and to keep from sweating in the helmet so much (see: fat/bald).  I buy some HD clothing, even though I know it's overpriced, but I like some of the stuff.  I quit riding HD's after the panhead not because I didn't like Harley any more, I had other priorities, like paying my way through school.  So I drove VW Bugs, Honda bikes...that's all I could afford.  25+ years later I was in a position to go in debt for a HD of my dreams.  I love my bike and riding as much as anyone who thinks they are not a "poser".  I don't have the brand tattooed on my body anywhere...don't have any tats at all, in fact, as I've never seen anything I liked well enough to have it become a permanent part of my body 'till I die.  I've not been in many bar fights, or any kind of fights for that matter.  I've never felt the need to show anyone how tough I am.  I choose my real friends carefully, and don't need colors to remind me of who they are, or why.

Am I a "poser"?  Maybe in some people's eyes I am.  I love riding motorcycles.  I'd ride anything with two wheels and a motor and love doing that too, no matter the brand.  If that makes me less than a "real" biker, so be it.  Those who might think that about me would not be my friends in the first place, so f'em and feed 'em beans.

A lot of Rage man glad you got it out , I'm old and can have all the hair I want I choose to look like this :)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2007, 04:56:30 PM »

A lot of Rage man glad you got it out , I'm old and can have all the hair I want I choose to look like this :)

LOL VaZHog.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2007, 06:49:26 PM »

This latest " bitch " is amusing as hell to me on a very personal level. After 15 years of 1% club membership, I hung it up on 1/10/04. Had enough. So I have to turn in everything with the club logo on it which means hats, belts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and of course my "colors "  So I got nothin at that point but it feels good to be free. So I go out and buy a bunch of Screamin Eagle and H-D stuff. Got called a newbie and a RUB a few times by folks with no clue who I am/was/will be/whatever. Made me laugh. I loved it when I joined this site and it said newbie next to my name. I wish it still did. The other day I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen since I was still flyin colors. I had on H-D everything "B B he says, what's happened to you ? "  I'm incognito and I like it that way " LOL So maybe I am a poser, a former outlaw posing as an ordinary citizen. Does that ring true to those of you who have met me ? Or was I an ordinary citizen posing as an outlaw for 15 years ?  Seems like a long time to keep up a ruse if you ask me. Or maybe, I am who I am was and always will be and it's just clothes.

B B

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2007, 06:53:33 PM »

This latest " bitch " is amusing as hell to me on a very personal level. After 15 years of 1% club membership, I hung it up on 1/10/04. Had enough. So I have to turn in everything with the club logo on it which means hats, belts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and of course my "colors "  So I got nothin at that point but it feels good to be free. So I go out and buy a bunch of Screamin Eagle and H-D stuff. Got called a newbie and a RUB a few times by folks with no clue who I am/was/will be/whatever. Made me laugh. I loved it when I joined this site and it said newbie next to my name. I wish it still did. The other day I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen since I was still flyin colors. I had on H-D everything "B B he says, what's happened to you ? "  I'm incognito and I like it that way " LOL So maybe I am a poser, a former outlaw posing as an ordinary citizen. Does that ring true to those of you who have met me ? Or was I an ordinary citizen posing as an outlaw for 15 years ?  Seems like a long time to keep up a ruse if you ask me. Or maybe, I am who I am was and always will be and it's just clothes.

B B

Hey Big B..this is funny....

I dunno what you are...but where I come from, we'd describe you as a "good F@kah"
lol
Have a good one man

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2007, 07:30:31 PM »

:D he told me all the bullsh....I mean info he was feedin ya yesterday.... I KNOW you're much smarter than to fall for that!! Altho perfect woman for HIM would be a good call! ( I do remind him daily so he don't fergit!)  :P

I stand by my earlier statement and your posts prove it - you are the perfect woman for HB.  And BTW - 'she who yells, pokes in ribs, rides on back of our bike & sleeps, etc. etc.' is ok plus she puts up with my chit.  But you already knew that I betcha. 8)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2007, 07:33:11 PM »

Here's one possible definition by Urban Dictionary:  A once proud brand of motorcycles that were originally only owned by legit badasses back in the day. Sadly sometime in the `80s posers got into the act and Harley Davidson began to become more concerned with merchandising rather than building decent bikes and it became acceptable for doctors, lawyers, and fat bald guys having a midlife crisis to ride Harley's.

Personally, I could give a chit what someone who considers themselves NOT to be a "poser" thinks about me owning HD's most expensive bike.  While I don't understand why somebody buys a motorcycle and then puts 1K on it a year, if they are able to ride after the purchase...I guess if I had to pigeon hole people as posers, those would be the ones, generally speaking.  I owned a panhead chopper in 70-72, had hair down to my ass, dilated pupils most of the time my eyes were open, and didn't care if the sun came up the next day.  Did that make me a "biker"....?

I'm not all that fat, and not entirely bald...I'm no lawyer or doctor, and I'm sure not rich.  I wear do-rags sometimes too, to keep people from seeing how screwed up my hair is from wearing a helmet for the last 4 hours, and to keep from sweating in the helmet so much (see: fat/bald).  I buy some HD clothing, even though I know it's overpriced, but I like some of the stuff.  I quit riding HD's after the panhead not because I didn't like Harley any more, I had other priorities, like paying my way through school.  So I drove VW Bugs, Honda bikes...that's all I could afford.  25+ years later I was in a position to go in debt for a HD of my dreams.  I love my bike and riding as much as anyone who thinks they are not a "poser".  I don't have the brand tattooed on my body anywhere...don't have any tats at all, in fact, as I've never seen anything I liked well enough to have it become a permanent part of my body 'till I die.  I've not been in many bar fights, or any kind of fights for that matter.  I've never felt the need to show anyone how tough I am.  I choose my real friends carefully, and don't need colors to remind me of who they are, or why.

Am I a "poser"?  Maybe in some people's eyes I am.  I love riding motorcycles.  I'd ride anything with two wheels and a motor and love doing that too, no matter the brand.  If that makes me less than a "real" biker, so be it.  Those who might think that about me would not be my friends in the first place, so f'em and feed 'em beans.

Damn, bro!  What you said!  Only thing I would add is f'em and the dog they rode in on.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2007, 10:14:09 PM »

Damn, bro!  What you said!  Only thing I would add is f'em and the dog they rode in on.

Chi'it, it ain't the dog's fault!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2007, 10:25:55 PM »

I find my laughs in strange places some days. Just logging on after dinner and I go to check on new posts and at the top of the list is Bitch of the day and then it says Twolanerider.  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D 

Sorry, I'm really simple in spite of some of the more intelligent posts I make from time to time I actually plagerize those from different sources.

Mostly I'm simple  :worthless: :P

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2007, 10:39:54 PM »

I find my laughs in strange places some days. Just logging on after dinner and I go to check on new posts and at the top of the list is Bitch of the day and then it says Twolanerider.  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D 

Sorry, I'm really simple in spite of some of the more intelligent posts I make from time to time I actually plagerize those from different sources.

Mostly I'm simple  :worthless: :P

B B

Dude, as always, happy to be of service  :drink: .

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »

Chi'it, it ain't the dog's fault!

It's an old southern saying.

Not said only by old southerners, some of the young whippersnappers also say it.

Similar to f..k me running, but different.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2007, 08:06:52 AM »

BB, I'm not sure I even know for sure what a 1%er  is. Maybe you could enlighten me.

As I've stated, I'm not a club member, nor do I care to be. If a 1%er is supposed to be badass and an outlaw, who's LAW are we talking about? I've had dealings with club members who are supposed to be badass outlaws. My business dealings with them have proven to be straight up and honest. Their word is their bond. I've dealt with other people who's word means nothing. They'd screw you out of your wallet at every chance they get. A lot of those will sit on the front pew of the local church every sunday. So who's the outlaw?

If a man will look me in the eye and tell me something, then stick to it, I'll do the same even when it hurts. If a man looks me in the eye & lies to me, I'm done. First time his fault, second time my fault.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2007, 08:50:29 AM »

I have read this post for a while and have stayed away, but all this I'm a this or that, or I am not  a this or that is laughable. I guess growing up it was about riding not what bike you had, what you wore, or if you were a badass. Maybe I see it different because I am one of those "doctors" who rides ( in reality it is what I do, not who I am), but the only motto as re: two wheelers, is  it's the journey not the destination, and I'll leave all the figuing out what someone is to so one else. John
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:00:26 AM by otophile »
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2007, 09:58:09 AM »

B B

BB - I re-read your post and it made me think back.  Seriously. From as early as I started riding, I have ridden with different groups.  Never worried a lot about it - just rode & ride with people who liked to ride.  I will be riding with a group of 1% ers next month, by invitation, and am really looking forward to it.

I have never met you, but of all things you may or may not be, poser is not one of them. You lay it out there straight.  Anyway, people I know & trust who ride are brothers.  Whether they are in some group I ride with or some other group is not a big deal to me.  If the phone rings and they need help, I am there.  Never had a bro genetically - had lots of bros to ride with though.  Maybe I do not understand your post - doubt the clothes make much difference in reality.  It is who is inside them that makes the difference.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2007, 11:49:03 AM »

All of this transpired IMO because of Corporate Procedures. ( Think ISO 9001) The bean counters have taken over corperate America to the point where they've lost all sight of why they are in business. (the customer) I used to be able to go into Denny's and order biscuits instead of pancakes with one of those combo meals they advertise. Not anymore. " you take it the way we give it to you " exact quote from the waitress, then the manager. So, now I go to a little place run by a retired San Diego County Sheriif's Deputy and his family. The food's good, the service is good, I get to order what I want and the price is fair. Now if one of those cops would just give me a " get out of jail free card" I'd be all set.

B B

Hey, I've got a BITCH to add to this thread.  Can we stop calling accountants "Bean Counters," and can we stop blaming "Bean Counters" for everything that is wrong with society today!! :sauer055:

I have been doing this a long time, and never once have I heard an accountant put forth the idea of making our products cheaper, less reliable, poorer quality, or in any other way cut corners to save a buck.  I have never heard an accountant suggest that we might increase our profits by providing bad customer service.  My experience has always been around finding ways to be better at what we do.  Sales and profits only go up when we are better than our competition, and provide the best customer service in our industry.  Those "other" ideas generally come from the "executive branch."  Those people who only answer to/listen to shareholders, and have no contact with employees or customers.  And, by the way, are compensated through stock options.

Okay, now that that is off my chest, back to Ken's day at the Home Depot.  The first thought that ran through my mind was the old saying "no good deed goes unpunished."  I think it is hilarious that in the end it probably cost HD more money in lost productivity, than what they lost by not ringing up the product in the first place.

Later,
Ghost Rider, CPA

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2007, 01:24:51 PM »

Hey, I've got a BITCH to add to this thread.  Can we stop calling accountants "Bean Counters," and can we stop blaming "Bean Counters" for everything that is wrong with society today!! :sauer055:

I have been doing this a long time, and never once have I heard an accountant put forth the idea of making our products cheaper, less reliable, poorer quality, or in any other way cut corners to save a buck.  I have never heard an accountant suggest that we might increase our profits by providing bad customer service.  My experience has always been around finding ways to be better at what we do.  Sales and profits only go up when we are better than our competition, and provide the best customer service in our industry.  Those "other" ideas generally come from the "executive branch."  Those people who only answer to/listen to shareholders, and have no contact with employees or customers.  And, by the way, are compensated through stock options.

Okay, now that that is off my chest, back to Ken's day at the Home Depot.  The first thought that ran through my mind was the old saying "no good deed goes unpunished."  I think it is hilarious that in the end it probably cost HD more money in lost productivity, than what they lost by not ringing up the product in the first place.

Later,
Ghost Rider, CPA

ENRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2007, 01:46:51 PM »

BB, I'm not sure I even know for sure what a 1%er  is. Maybe you could enlighten me

The term was coined by the AMA back in the 30's to describe people who weren't AMA members. As the Angels etc came into being it came to mean people who belonged to those types of organizations. It is a generic description intended to save the writer time and effort into explaining something that most people pre-judge. The remainder of your post would suggest you are not one to pre-judge. Thank you for that, too bad more folks weren't like you

B B

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2007, 02:05:13 PM »

ENRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Please name one accountant at Enron involved in the SEC investigation.   :P

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2007, 02:07:59 PM »

Please name one accountant at Enron involved in the SEC investigation.   :P

There are the only ones that went to JAil - Everyone else walked  :bananarock: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber:

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »

There are the only ones that went to JAil - Everyone else walked  :bananarock: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber:

Actually, Lay died, so I wouldn't say he walked.

And the answer to the question is Richard Causey.  He was the CAO and he went to jail, along with Fastow and Skilling.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »

Actually, Lay died, so I wouldn't say he walked.

And the answer to the question is Richard Causey.  He was the CAO and he went to jail, along with Fastow and Skilling.
He's serving the Time that's waiting for all of us  ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2007, 05:39:14 PM »

Later,
Ghost Rider, CPA

First off, I would never diss an accountant by calling him a bean counter. What I mean when I say bean counter is all of the people in corporate america who have jobs with titles like Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, or my personal favorite the QA guy with no education who quotes me a specification that wouldn't apply no matter how many beers my boss bought me at lunch. Bean counters are all those people who get hired by some mid level manager who thinks if he could just get a handle on what folks really do with their time he could manage better ( never occurs to some of em to come out of their office) Bean counters are the ones who spend all day long figuring out what it is you do only to tell your boss you don't do it very well. Bean counters are the planners who have never in their lives picked up a tool and done something but boy they can plan what you should be doing. Bean counters are the ones who produce nothing, disrespect what those who do produce something do and basically tell the guy who hired them what he wants to hear. That's what a bean counter is.

An accountant ?  They're the ones who count the money and tell the bosses when things are good and when they're bad and with any luck help me get a raise when things are good and do what's needed to keep the company running when they're bad. Somebody's gotta keep score and the guy counting the money is that guy.

Tros

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2007, 06:12:51 PM »

Someone decided to the have accountants micro manage my dealers parts department and they are pissing customers off and seriously trying to make it FUBAR.  Who wants to order a part then wait 3 weeks to get it when it should take less than a week?  Not me.

They don't understand the showroom traffic thing either.  If you don't have the nice shiney things hanging on the wall for people to buy then they will go to another shop where they are on display and not come back. 

My parts guy is really good but they've tied his hands with their greed.  Bastards.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2007, 10:38:30 PM »

First off, I would never diss an accountant by calling him a bean counter. What I mean when I say bean counter is all of the people in corporate america who have jobs with titles like Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, or my personal favorite the QA guy with no education who quotes me a specification that wouldn't apply no matter how many beers my boss bought me at lunch. Bean counters are all those people who get hired by some mid level manager who thinks if he could just get a handle on what folks really do with their time he could manage better ( never occurs to some of em to come out of their office) Bean counters are the ones who spend all day long figuring out what it is you do only to tell your boss you don't do it very well. Bean counters are the planners who have never in their lives picked up a tool and done something but boy they can plan what you should be doing. Bean counters are the ones who produce nothing, disrespect what those who do produce something do and basically tell the guy who hired them what he wants to hear. That's what a bean counter is.

An accountant ?  They're the ones who count the money and tell the bosses when things are good and when they're bad and with any luck help me get a raise when things are good and do what's needed to keep the company running when they're bad. Somebody's gotta keep score and the guy counting the money is that guy.

B B,

Thanks for clearing that up.  I didn't mean to go deep end on you, but for some reason that term really gets under my skin.

Later,
Ghost

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2007, 10:38:43 PM »

The whole poser question.

Same thing comes up in the surfing world and I think there are alot of similarities.  Same term.  A poser is someone who rides around with a surfboard on top of their car or in their truck, but rarely or never takes in out in the water.  This implies deceiving to impress.  There just arent that many people who do this.  Sure, some guys dont feel comfortable going out on a big day.  Some just prefer the small surf of summer.  Just like motorcycling, some really dont want to ride in the rain, maybe dont want to go on 3,000 mile runs, others do.  Everybody is surfing, none the less, and I wouldnt call a guy or gal who didnt want to go out in big surf a poser, Id just say they know their limitations or they just have more enjoyment that way.  Same with motorcycling.  We're all just trying to have fun here, right.  The poser thing is really one person judging another who has no idea of what that person is all about.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2007, 10:43:26 PM »

B B,

Thanks for clearing that up.  I didn't mean to go deep end on you, but for some reason that term really gets under my skin.

Later,
Ghost

Your post reminded me of a conversation I had with a buddy when we were in college. He said, he wanted to be rich enough that all he had to do was count his money. I said I wanted to be rich enough to hire someone to count my money. My roomate was an economics major.

B B

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »

Later,
Ghost Rider, CPA

Accountants are the ones who, after the battle has been fought, come in and bayonet the wounded. *grinz*

Travis, was great riding with ya today below the speed of light.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2007, 09:32:51 PM »

I think I've got this accountant thing figured out. Are,nt they the ones we blame for everything, win or loose?  :nixweiss:

just think'in

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2007, 02:44:12 PM »

You'd think I'd have learned by now, but I haven't. Every time I have to park my truck close the quay wall on the waterfront at NAVSTA San Diego, you'd think I'd remember, but I don't. For the umpteenth time, I parked my truck right up close to a Coast Guard Cutter and for the umpteenth time the bastards ran a fire drll and covered my truck with salt spray. And I mean covered, I rolled a window down and there was enough salt for a tequilla party on the window gasket. Now Uncle Sam's Canoe Club doesn't do fire drills in port, but for some reason the Coasties do. Anyone out there in membership land that can explain this to me please do.  >:(

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2007, 02:52:39 PM »

You'd think I'd have learned by now, but I haven't. Every time I have to park my truck close the quay wall on the waterfront at NAVSTA San Diego, you'd think I'd remember, but I don't. For the umpteenth time, I parked my truck right up close to a Coast Guard Cutter and for the umpteenth time the bastards ran a fire drll and covered my truck with salt spray. And I mean covered, I rolled a window down and there was enough salt for a tequilla party on the window gasket. Now Uncle Sam's Canoe Club doesn't do fire drills in port, but for some reason the Coasties do. Anyone out there in membership land that can explain this to me please do.  >:(

They're out to get you Brian  :huepfenjump3:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2007, 04:24:17 PM »

They're out to get you Brian  :huepfenjump3:

I can't talk now, I've gotta go wash my truck  :P

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »

BB
I'm no member, but I would bet on it thats it's a $$$ thing. Running those diesel srews out to sea to spray a little H2o ain't in no cookie cutters budget.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »

Took my truck to the carwash. It was so crusted with salt they were afraid it would scratch the paint when the cloth strips swished back and forth over it. They sprayed soap on it, hosed it off and did it again before they ran it through the washer. All the guys at the place I go love my 100th Anniversary H-D truck and I always tip, so when they saw it come in it was like " amigo que pasa your truck ? "  Anyway, they all but detailed it for $20 - - - - cool.  :)

REGGAB

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2007, 12:34:52 AM »

Took my truck to the carwash. It was so crusted with salt they were afraid it would scratch the paint when the cloth strips swished back and forth over it. They sprayed soap on it, hosed it off and did it again before they ran it through the washer. All the guys at the place I go love my 100th Anniversary H-D truck and I always tip, so when they saw it come in it was like " amigo que pasa your truck ? "  Anyway, they all but detailed it for $20 - - - - cool.  :)

$20?  Can't beat that.  I have a Dually, and it won't fit in one of those automatic quickie things.  I have to hand wash it myself.  When we lived in Enterprise, I managed to persuade a guy at one of those quickie joints to hand wash it for me.  $60!!!!  In ALABAMA????  Chit!  I'm moving to California!!!  Other than that, the doggone thing stays dirty. :2vrolijk_21:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2007, 01:45:32 AM »

Just all the clean livin' B B.

Sorry about your truck.  Thank goodness for the military though.  If the worse thing you get is a salty truck we should be able to live with it.  Your just pi$$ed cause you forgot to think about it. 

Bet you don't do it again for awhile now.  When you get to Nelson we'll have a good cold brew and laugh about it. :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2007, 12:55:59 AM »

Hey BB, did ya get that Harley truck all cleaned up?

REGGAB

« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2007, 06:22:57 AM »

You guys know I'm in Kansas right now.  Beautiful place.  Wonderful ride up here.  The scooter performed flawlessly.......never missed a beat.........sometimes in excess of 100mph (I-70) is a hoot.  Lots of rain though.  Didn't really bother me that it rained on the way up here, nor does it bother me too much that it is raining right now after I washed the scooter yesterday evening.  My bitch of the day is............WHY won't it rain back home in Alabama, where we're in a drought, and I'm having to do without much needed chrome additions to my scooter, so I can pay the astronomical water bills we're running up just to keep the lawn going and to keep what few flowers are left, alive?  I thought it was supposed to be the other way around............dry out here, wet back home in Alabama.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2007, 11:45:58 AM »

Well if you weren't out joy riding a scoot that is not friendly to the environment and weather god, maybe she would be nice to you. Not my take on things but, it is what I understand from watching the news.  :nixweiss:
 :oops: DID I SAY THAT?

REGGAB

« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2007, 07:23:19 PM »

Well if you weren't out joy riding a scoot that is not friendly to the environment and weather god, maybe she would be nice to you. Not my take on things but, it is what I understand from watching the news.  :nixweiss:
 :oops: DID I SAY THAT?

Yeah....ya did.  You lost me  :nixweiss:  I must be REALLY SLOW!

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2007, 12:03:39 PM »

Here's my bitch of the day, I may bitch about this for some time to come. Had a great birthday Saturday, we go to leave the bar after watching Big Mike Griffin play, we head out to the parking lot to the bike, which we could see from the patio area where we sat all night. It's about 12:30 and my bike is one 10 or 12 left out of maybe 200 that were there and our f@#kin' helmets are gone, we hang them by the straps from the left foot pegs with our glasses inside, nobody around --- WTF--well Stephanie sees a lone helmet on a picnic table about 20 yards away and checks and it is hers with her glasses. OK, thats good, but mine's not anywhere to be found. My helmet is $15.00 leather garage sale skid lid, my gloves, H-D fingerless, OK $50.00 there, not that big a deal, but what chaps my a$$ is that glasses are Prescription bi-focal transitons Wylie-Xs. I've got about $300.00 in em and it will take about 2 weeks to get them replaced. I can't wear my regular glasses on the bikes cause my eyes will start to tear up at anything above 30 mph, so Steph wore the helmet and I wore her non-prescription sunglasses on the ride home. I'm half blind anyway and now I'm wearing regular sunglasses at night after, shall I say, more than one beer. Needless to say the old high beam stayed on. You know I didn't think I need to worry about that crap around here. I can't believe that someone has the nads to do that, I could be 6 foot 8 inches tall and weigh 350lbs (I'm not) and standing 20 feet away watching you take our sh!t, man that takes balls! I guess my riding will be a little limited till I get them replaced, and that pi$$es me off. >:( >:( >:(
   Thanks for listening, maybe I feel a little bit better knowing that I am complaining to over 2500 people at once.  Have a good day.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2007, 12:22:54 PM »

Here's my bitch of the day, I may bitch about this for some time to come. Had a great birthday Saturday, we go to leave the bar after watching Big Mike Griffin play, we head out to the parking lot to the bike, which we could see from the patio area where we sat all night. It's about 12:30 and my bike is one 10 or 12 left out of maybe 200 that were there and our f@#kin' helmets are gone, we hang them by the straps from the left foot pegs with our glasses inside, nobody around --- WTF--well Stephanie sees a lone helmet on a picnic table about 20 yards away and checks and it is hers with her glasses. OK, thats good, but mine's not anywhere to be found. My helmet is $15.00 leather garage sale skid lid, my gloves, H-D fingerless, OK $50.00 there, not that big a deal, but what chaps my a$$ is that glasses are Prescription bi-focal transitons Wylie-Xs. I've got about $300.00 in em and it will take about 2 weeks to get them replaced. I can't wear my regular glasses on the bikes cause my eyes will start to tear up at anything above 30 mph, so Steph wore the helmet and I wore her non-prescription sunglasses on the ride home. I'm half blind anyway and now I'm wearing regular sunglasses at night after, shall I say, more than one beer. Needless to say the old high beam stayed on. You know I didn't think I need to worry about that crap around here. I can't believe that someone has the nads to do that, I could be 6 foot 8 inches tall and weigh 350lbs (I'm not) and standing 20 feet away watching you take our sh!t, man that takes balls! I guess my riding will be a little limited till I get them replaced, and that pi$$es me off. >:( >:( >:(
   Thanks for listening, maybe I feel a little bit better knowing that I am complaining to over 2500 people at once.  Have a good day.

Hobo

Now that's a legitimate bitch!  That's when you want to see someone try that chit and start breaking arms and legs!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2007, 12:28:26 PM »

Hobo
That truly sucks big time. >:( That's enough to make you want to stomp a mudhole in somebody's a$$ real quick. :sauer005:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2007, 12:33:27 PM »

There used to be a time when the brother/sisterhood stood for something. Noone, I mean nonone touches your bike or your stuff period.  That is why for years and years and years, the need for lockable storage seemed redundant.  Towlanerider lost his entire tourpak off his bike a couple of years ago, people are flicking there damn ashes on BB's Elvis and now folks are out right STEALING helmets and goggles.  No Respect!  Not At All!

Guess the trust thing is a faint memory.  Got to Lock It or Loose It!  So sorry.  I lost my goggles last October and still have not replaced them.  It sucks to loose good stuff.

REGGAB

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2007, 12:45:06 PM »

Hey Cary, you remember that discussion we had about respect?  See, this is the kind of chit I'm talking about.  I really don't give a flip if anyone respects me or not.................but what I WILL NOT TOLERATE is ANYONE disrespecting me.  It is my sincere desire that you see the disrespectful joker riding around Ozark wearing your helmet and googles, so you can teach him a lesson about what happens to a$$holes that disrespect decent people.  I feel for ya Bro.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2007, 02:15:13 PM »

Hobo

Hobo,

I feel your pain.  I don't understand what is wrong with people these days.  Earlier this spring the local H-D Dealer was having a Grand Re-Opening party.  It was a beautful day, and the place was packed, at least a couple of hundred bikes in the lot.  As my wife and I are walking up to the building from the parking lot, they announce on the PA that a couple of people are missing helmets from their bikes.  I stopped in my tracks.  I looked at my wife and told her I had never heard of that before.  All of the rallies, runs, parties, etc. I have been to I had never heard of someone having something stolen from their bike.  Whoever did this is obviously not a biker.  They may own a bike, but they're not a biker.

REGGAB

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2007, 02:22:56 PM »

Hobo,

I feel your pain.  I don't understand what is wrong with people these days.  Earlier this spring the local H-D Dealer was having a Grand Re-Opening party.  It was a beautful day, and the place was packed, at least a couple of hundred bikes in the lot.  As my wife and I are walking up to the building from the parking lot, they announce on the PA that a couple of people are missing helmets from their bikes.  I stopped in my tracks.  I looked at my wife and told her I had never heard of that before.  All of the rallies, runs, parties, etc. I have been to I had never heard of someone having something stolen from their bike.  Whoever did this is obviously not a biker.  They may own a bike, but they're not a biker.

You're right!  They're posers.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2007, 05:42:06 PM »

Hobo,

Agreed - they are not a biker, they are something else instead.  On a ride this past Spring we hung our leather jackets on the handlebars and went inside a restaurant to eat.  Several other bikes in the parking lot.  Waitress told us that it would be a better idea to bring our jackets inside, so we did.  Evidently the "bikers" eating there were not exactly honest.  No idea if they REALLY owned their bikes or not, considering.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2007, 06:04:14 PM »

Hobo,
That's a damn shame, and senseless for someone to steal personal riding items right off your ride. Don't suppose they had a security camera pointed towards the parking lot that had low light sensitivity? :nixweiss:

You can bet they're ripping them off for flea markets or ebay sales most likely. Suppose I'll start lugging around the little cable to lock up the lids now. CHIT!
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2007, 11:33:11 PM »

Really sorry to read about this Cary.  Completely sucks.  This is one area where I readily admit to intentionally choosing not to be too bright.

I've had things lost from a bike.  I choose to forget it happened.  I want to go on riding happy and enjoying the experience.  I can't do that if I allow myself to worry that everyone walking by the bike is a potential dickhead.  So I just pretend they're not.  Go on about my rides.  Behave like all is good with the world.  And hope I don't actually walk in on someone messing with the bike.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2007, 11:50:49 PM »

Could have been kids playing around. Anyway, sorry this happened to you. Wait till they put on those cool shades,prescription lenses you say.

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2007, 05:37:51 PM »

Really sorry to read about this Cary.  Completely sucks.  This is one area where I readily admit to intentionally choosing not to be too bright.

I've had things lost from a bike.  I choose to forget it happened.  I want to go on riding happy and enjoying the experience.  I can't do that if I allow myself to worry that everyone walking by the bike is a potential dickhead.  So I just pretend they're not.  Go on about my rides.  Behave like all is good with the world.  And hope I don't actually walk in on someone messing with the bike.

You are absolutly right, and besides it takes too much energy to stay mad. I've got to back up on something  I said the other day. I had said that losing (being stolen) my glasses would limit my riding untill I got the new ones. Well it really hasn't. I have the tall windshield on the SERG and it is like riding in a convertable with the top down, I can wear my regular glasses and can see fine, I get a little bit more air flow around my eyes, but I can live with it. I can't ride the softail till I get the new ones but I still get to ride. ;D  I hadn't been in the truck in two days till I came to work this morning. Have a good day!

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Page created in 0.625 seconds with 21 queries.