Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Author Topic: BUB Stealth Mufflers  (Read 30752 times)

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
BUB Stealth Mufflers
« on: July 26, 2009, 10:13:49 PM »

Has anyone tried these?

http://bub.com/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:32:15 AM by DakotaZeb »

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: BUB Stealth Mufflers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:01:56 PM »

I emailed BUB and asked if they would have these new mufflers at their display in Sturgis.  They responded that these mufflers didn't get on the truck headed to Sturgis.  Unreal!!  You have a new product and are sending a truck to an event where there will be hundreds of thousands of bikers and you didn't put them on the truck?  Who the hell is in charge of their marketing?

Hopefully someone will get a set and give a report.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »

i saw those pipes on their website and wondered if they will flow any better than my stock ones with something like the 1.75" fulsac baffle?

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 12:31:43 PM »

I'm using the Fullsac 1.75" baffles right now but would still prefer something a little quiter.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 12:35:08 PM »

are they that much louder over stock? Currently my bike is stock, but once i get it back from the dealer i plan to remove the cat and chnage pipes, my first thought was the 1.75 fulsac

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 12:43:46 PM »

I've tried both the 2" and the 1.75" on my '03 SERK.  At least in my opinion the 1.75" are much louder than stock.  Not obnoxious, but definately quite a bit louder than stock.  But everyone's hearing is different and it seems each bike is different.

I sure would like to hear a set of the BUB FL Stealth mufflers but with them meeting the EPA 80 db limit I wonder if they are any louder than stock mufflers.  I'm sure they sound better even if they aren't much louder.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »

I'm using the Fullsac 1.75" baffles right now but would still prefer something a little quiter.

Zeb,

I am running the stock CVO 3.5" mufflers that came on our bikes with V&H true dual head pipes and couldn't be happier with the sound (or lack of).  A little noise on acceleration and is quiet once you achieve a steady cruising speed.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »

I am running the stock CVO 3.5" mufflers that came on our bikes with V&H true dual head pipes

Boatman,

I've had the stock mufflers for my '03 SERK on and off.  I don't particularily care for the sound but could live with it.  But I'd prefer something between the stockers and the Fullsac 1.75".  That's why I thought that maybe, just maybe, the BUB stealth mufflers would fit the bill.

The other problem I have with my stockers is that the chrome is getting really bad on the end caps and I can't find any replacements.  I could buy another set of pre-2006 CVO mufflers but before I go to that expense I'd really like to know what these BUB Stealth's sound like.  Over the years I've tried nearly every muffler out there looking for that perfect sound.  The search is still on!   :)

Zeb

CVOBud

• 2006 SE FAT-BOY
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 02:35:06 PM »

I have a response posted under baffles. I installed them on my 2006 fatboy. I'm running Rhinehart staggered with the stealth baffle. I took out the competion baffle as they call them, and installed the stealth baffles right before i had the S/E super tuner installed and dyno tuned. I was trying to create more back pressure and a little less noise. The big difference I would have to say is at idle they seem to be alot let noisy. But still sound really good when accelarating.
I love riding this boy.......

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 02:40:56 PM »

Sorry, CVOBud, but we are talking about the new BUB FL Stealth Mufflers on this post, not the stealth baffles.  Not sure what the correlation would be between the two.

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 02:45:53 PM »

i am waiting to hear about these pipes, i like my bike being semi quiet, also like the epa stamp. In Ma. the bike laws are getting tougher and soon they will be checking everyones bikes, i dont need to be ticketed for being slightly loud. That was why i have been looking at keeping my cvo mufflers and doing the fulsac. On my 06 Street glide i went through 4 sets of pipes before stopping at the V&H monster ovals, even those could be a tad loud after 500 mile days.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 02:34:57 PM »

Okay guys, I took one for the team and ordered a set of these BUB 7 Stealth Mufflers.  Sounds like I should have them in about a week.  Sure hope they are what I'm looking for.  My wife thinks I've totally lost it when it comes to mufflers.  Fortunately she is understanding as I proceed with my quest for the "perfect muffler".

I'll report back once I have them and have had a chance to test them.

HOGDOG

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 02:15:51 AM »

i ordered the bub brouhard and should get them in a few days. just in case some of you want to know what they sound like. im hoping that they are not real quiet.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 11:52:09 AM »

i ordered the bub brouhard and should get them in a few days. just in case some of you want to know what they sound like. im hoping that they are not real quiet.

HOGDOG,

Please remember to give us a report on the Brouhards.  I looked at those also.

Zeb

HOGDOG

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 10:36:05 PM »

i sure will, i called them, they will be here at my house on thurs. the 13th and i have a dyno appointment the 19th....ill let you know.

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 11:13:49 AM »

Okay guys, I took one for the team and ordered a set of these BUB 7 Stealth Mufflers.  Sounds like I should have them in about a week.  Sure hope they are what I'm looking for.  My wife thinks I've totally lost it when it comes to mufflers.  Fortunately she is understanding as I proceed with my quest for the "perfect muffler".

I'll report back once I have them and have had a chance to test them.

Zeb your wife and mine should talk they be laughing there asses off at us. Did you get them yet? Price & where?
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »

They are due to arrive this Wednesday via UPS.  I bought them from Phat Performance Parts for $491. http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/

I hope this is "the end".  If I don't like them I'm going to stick with the Fullsacs and be done with it.  I think!!  :)

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 10:53:43 AM »

Zeb,
I talked to a tech guy at Bub yesterday and the mufflers are 80 db at idle,91db at 2500 RPM,they are a see thru design, 4" dia. with a much different baffle then the standard Bub 7 mufflers. Every see thru design muffler I have tried has been too loud for me including the 1.75 fullsac baffle in the CVO mufflers.
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 12:42:36 PM »

Zeb,
I talked to a tech guy at Bub yesterday and the mufflers are 80 db at idle,91db at 2500 RPM,they are a see thru design, 4" dia. with a much different baffle then the standard Bub 7 mufflers. Every see thru design muffler I have tried has been too loud for me including the 1.75 fullsac baffle in the CVO mufflers.
Wow, I hope he is wrong, 83db is twice as loud as 80db 91 would rattle your teeth.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »

I will let you know in a few days.  Mine will be here tomorrow.  I really don't believe the 91 db.  They never indicated that to me when I talked to them.  That would make them as loud as the standard BUB 7's.  Guess I'll find out.

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 02:08:08 PM »

I thought that was high too,when the monster ovals came out a  V&H's tech told me they were 93db at a 50 MPH drive by,I can believe that after owning a set for a short time.
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 08:20:07 PM »

The BUB 7 Stealth mufflers arrived about 5:30 this evening.  I installed them and went for a short ride as the rain was starting to move in.  Can't wait to get out and give them a good test.  Here's my first impression:  I think they are about as close to perfect as I'm going to find.  Nice low rumble without any loud bark even when you crack the throttle.  Defintely louder than stock and a much, much better sound.  And they are quite a bit quieter than the CVO/Fullsac 1.75" I just took off.

All you guys that are looking for something a little louder than stock but not too loud, I think these are the answer.  And believe me I've tried a bunch.  Two different sets of Screamin Eagle Performance mufflers, then Hookers, Rush, V&H Ovals, V&H Monster Ovals, Fullsac 2.0" and the latest 1.75".  These Bub Stealths are also quieter than the V&H Monsters and have as nice a sound.

And bob2002, I don't know who told you that these are a see thru design.  They certainly are not.  They have a different, weird looking baffle.

I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow when this weather clears up.  But for the time being I'm a "happy camper".  Of course time on the bike will be the true test.  I'm probably one of the first guys in the country to have these mufflers on a bike.

And they look really good!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 08:23:03 PM by DakotaZeb »

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 11:42:20 PM »

Zeb,I talked to two different tech guys and got two different answers,glad there not straight thru. How did it compare to the Fullsac's going thru the gears? Crisper or restricted? Looking foward to the pictures.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:04:26 AM by bob2002 »
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 09:33:28 AM »

Here's a few pics.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 09:34:14 AM »

Another

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 09:34:50 AM »

Another

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 09:35:33 AM »

Last one.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »

They look great. Man I miss the two cans look.

JW

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 09:39:59 AM »

HogDog

Did you get the Brouhard's installed? Impressions?

JW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 11:28:21 AM »

Thanks for the report Dakota.  They're definately the best looking exhaust out there.

Personally, if I could keep the stock quiet (although I don't care for the tone) and get more performance out of them, that's what I'd do.  So, to get the performance bump that I'm looking for (just a bit more), it looks like these Stealth are what I'm wanting.  Thanks again DZ! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 11:43:40 AM »

The BUB 7 Stealth mufflers arrived about 5:30 this evening.  I installed them and went for a short ride as the rain was starting to move in.  Can't wait to get out and give them a good test.  Here's my first impression:  I think they are about as close to perfect as I'm going to find.  Nice low rumble without any loud bark even when you crack the throttle.  Defintely louder than stock and a much, much better sound.  And they are quite a bit quieter than the CVO/Fullsac 1.75" I just took off.

All you guys that are looking for something a little louder than stock but not too loud, I think these are the answer.  And believe me I've tried a bunch.  Two different sets of Screamin Eagle Performance mufflers, then Hookers, Rush, V&H Ovals, V&H Monster Ovals, Fullsac 2.0" and the latest 1.75".  These Bub Stealths are also quieter than the V&H Monsters and have as nice a sound.

And bob2002, I don't know who told you that these are a see thru design.  They certainly are not.  They have a different, weird looking baffle.

I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow when this weather clears up.  But for the time being I'm a "happy camper".  Of course time on the bike will be the true test.  I'm probably one of the first guys in the country to have these mufflers on a bike.

And they look really good!

I'm curious what happens on the Dyno with these?? I would think there is some loss...just how much?
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »

If you are concerned about dyno numbers it would be my guess that these mufflers aren't what you are looking for.  However, if big numbers aren't your objective and you want a nice mellow sounding bike that is louder than stock then they could very well work for you.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 08:07:35 AM »

I contacted Bub's yesterday.  They're just up the hill from us.......  Said they're re-working their systems now, for the 2010 model year bikes (due to the 02 sensor relocation).  They'll be out soon. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 09:07:22 AM »

I contacted Bub's yesterday.  They're just up the hill from us.......  Said they're re-working their systems now, for the 2010 model year bikes (due to the 02 sensor relocation).  They'll be out soon. :2vrolijk_21:

Talked to EDD 5 yesterday, he is working on a way to tune with the new 02 sensor location. Looks like if you remove cat the sensors will "crosstalk" in their locaton. Wonder if Harley put a divider in the collector or??? Be curious to see what's Bub's come up with...  
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 01:03:40 PM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

bknerr

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »

thanks for the review. i`m looking to replace the v&h ovals on my rk. liked them for 2 years, but now are two loud. getting old i guess. these bubs sound worth a try. what was the problem with the mo`s?
1963 flh
1974 fxe

2003 flhrc
2008 flhtcuse3

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 12:06:09 PM »

I was going to buy a set of the 09 CVO mufflers but I think I'll take a chance on the Stealth mufflers instead,they should be quieter yet on a stage one 96.
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 12:23:01 PM »

Thanks for the Information and pics :2vrolijk_21:
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 01:36:37 PM »

but are they pricey!!  :o

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »

ALL,
Stay away from the CFR Pipes in your Pipe Selections. They are loud and they really have a low rumble with a different sound then any other pipe. Great Performance on the Dyno!! People know when Kasper is pulling in!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 03:49:10 PM »

In answer to a couple questions:

I Monster Ovals low droan on a long trip wore on me and I didn't like it.

The BUB Stealths can be bought for around $500, so no they are not pricey.

On a 96" the Stealths should be quiter than they are on my 103".

HOGDOG

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2009, 01:07:57 AM »

HogDog

Did you get the Brouhard's installed? Impressions?

JW
I just got back today from my dealer. i put the brouhards on myself. but had the stock headpipes on. i didnt want to write a review to you all untill i got the new head pipes and dyno. sooo the head pipes i went with was the v&h dresser duels and the brouhard bubs...the dyno i got was 88+hp. with 107+ torque. im not happy with the hp but im happy with the pipes. it pretty quiet at cruising speeds, i can hear my radio fine. but when you take off..wow..sounds great. and at idle pretty close to what i would expect from the reinharts. deep rumble. not too loud..but loud enough. he said he had a hard time dyno-ing it. said the pipes was fighting him the whole time. took about 5 hrs. i feel like i lost a little responce time on take off throttle. just got to get the rpms up little more, taking some getting use to. but i llike the pipes. they look great sound great. not over bearingly loud. but sounds great. if i can ill try to post few pics and a sound bite if i can....

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »

I just got back today from my dealer. i put the brouhards on myself. but had the stock headpipes on. i didnt want to write a review to you all untill i got the new head pipes and dyno. sooo the head pipes i went with was the v&h dresser duels and the brouhard bubs...the dyno i got was 88+hp. with 107+ torque. im not happy with the hp but im happy with the pipes. it pretty quiet at cruising speeds, i can hear my radio fine. but when you take off..wow..sounds great. and at idle pretty close to what i would expect from the reinharts. deep rumble. not too loud..but loud enough. he said he had a hard time dyno-ing it. said the pipes was fighting him the whole time. took about 5 hrs. i feel like i lost a little responce time on take off throttle. just got to get the rpms up little more, taking some getting use to. but i llike the pipes. they look great sound great. not over bearingly loud. but sounds great. if i can ill try to post few pics and a sound bite if i can....

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to the pic and hear em!

JW

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2009, 04:42:43 PM »

Okay, I've had the Stealths on now for several days and finally got out on a 100+ mile ride today.  I'm still very happy with the Stealths.  Great tone and sound.  And I think they are actually a little louder than I thought in my first impression.  Maybe fairly close to the Fullsac 1.75" but a better sound.  If stock mufflers were a 1 and the loudess mufflers a 10.  I would say the Fullsac 1.75" are a 3-4 and the Stealths a 2-3.  But as you know, sound is very subjective.

The other day I had a buddy ride my bike so I could hear it as he pulled away and then made several passes by me on the street.  The bike sounded fantastic.

Happy for now.  I'll let you know if that changes for any reason.

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 10:34:28 AM »

Zeb,
I have about 500 miles on my mufflers now and they did get louder to the the point I'm going to reverse the tips to see if that helps if not I don't think I'll stay with them.We are going to the Finger lakes in NY this weekend it should make my mind up.I should have just stayed with my HD Touring/103 CVO mufflers. Have yours gotten any louder?
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2009, 10:57:46 AM »

bob2002,

You and I are on the same page.  I also think the Stealths have gotten louder with a little use.  I only have a few hundred miles on mine but everytime I get on the bike I think they are louder.  Still a nice sound and certainly not obnoxiously loud.  However, I almost think the sound that bothers me is very similar to the same low droaning sound that the V&H Monsters made.  I think at cruise the sound is much like the Monsters.  Overall I like the sound, just not sure if I can live with it for the long haul.  A buddy and I are taking a trip to Colorado the middle of September that will be about 1,800 miles.  I'll sure know when I get back from that trip.  Maybe I better hold on to the CVO/Fullsac's until after the trip.

This really upsets me because when I first put the Stealths on and started her up I truly thought I had found the idea muffler.  Now I'm having second thoughts.

I too had thought about reversing the mufflers so they are slash down to see if that makes any difference.  Please let me know what, if any, effect it has by reversing them.

Zeb

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2009, 11:04:16 AM »

I'll let you know sunday evening Zeb,I'm planning to install the Andrews 21 cams in the future which I'm sure won't help.
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2009, 12:37:58 PM »

Dakota, that droan your refering to is no problem on a short haul, but after 100 mi it will consume you, in 300 miles with monster ovals it becomes torture, ,  I just finished a 2000 mi trip running my 1.75 Fullsacs fitted into a set of Screamin Eagle Performance Touring Mufflers,  i was very pleased cruised 70 and above for hours with no irritating background,

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2009, 01:04:35 PM »

dartman,

Believe me I know.  I had the Monster's on last summer and when I got back fro the 105th in Milwaukee they came off.  God, I hope I'm not looking at the same thing with the Stealth's.   :(

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2009, 07:34:57 PM »

OK boys here is one more for the mix!!!  Anybody tried and have an oppinion on the Cycle Shack SE CVO Performance Baffles Pt # 1544? I just had a pair installed, I didn't care for the wide open flow through designed of the Fullsac although most seem to be happy with them. I was looking for something with a little more restriction for more torque and low to mid, Deep but not Loud!! I only have about 100 miles on them, no tuning device yet but will probably go with the SE tuner or Techno Research Direct Link. Right now I can say I'm not the loudest bike on the block but definitely not the quietest either I road with a 95 Inch stage 2 with SE performance heads and 211 cams and Vance & Hines 2 into 2 headers and Vance & Hines Classic Slip Ons and he was definitely a lot louder than the Cycle Shack 1544"s and yes the 1544's do have a Deep Low Rumble at idle     BOSSTNBOY "DH" 

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2009, 09:02:42 AM »

BostonBoy DH,

You might get more/better response if you started a new thread about the Cycle Shack baffles.  I'd be interested in what people think about them.

Zeb

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »

Zeb,
Looks like my trip is off this weekend,bad weather until next week,I did call and email Brad at Bub about the mufflers getting louder,waiting to hear back.   
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2009, 02:05:53 PM »

Zeb,
This was the reply

Hello Bob,
It may well be that by changing the orientation of the outlet of the muffler that it may seem quieter than with the outlet facing up. While packing is utilized in the Stealth mufflers; it is designed for much higher mileage numbers that what you have put on your bike to date.

Thank You,
Brad Williams
Tech & Warranty
BUB Enterprises, Inc.
877-282-7473 ext 221
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2009, 04:27:37 PM »

Bob,

Sent you and email.

I also sent an email to BUB so we will see what response I get.  Obviously, the response you got was not very encouraging.  Maybe if they start receiving more they will do something.  I questioned their R&D and told them that while the Stealths may have been EPA compliant when I installed they I don't think they would pass now.

George

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2009, 04:56:24 PM »

I got an email from Bob Collier of Bub, yesterday.  He said that the exhaust for the 2010 should be released in the next two to four weeks.

West Coast GTG   

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 05:04:12 PM »

Zeb, Thanks I'm new to this forum stuff but I will take your advise and start a new thread thanks again.....  Bosstnboy DH

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2009, 07:49:25 AM »

Wow, not very encouraging to hear some of this. I was on the fence about pipes and ended up going with the v&h monster ovals and power dual head pipe. I had the monsters on my 06 street glide which was a 95", i fond them to be acceptable in the noise level department even after a 500 mile day. Funny thing on my ultra they seem a lot louder, possibly the head pipe?

ANyway i hope bub helps you guys out on this, i ran one of their pipes on my old VTX and it was a good product for the money.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »

Here's the email I just received from BUB.  They sure appear to be a standup company.

George,

Thank you for your email on your BUB 7 Stealth mufflers. I want to ensure you that you have indeed found the perfect mufflers. The increased sound that you are experiencing is the result of a manufacturing issue with one of the components of the baffle. This problem was caught after the first 30 mufflers were manufactured and has been corrected. Additionally measures have been put in place to make sure this problem does not happen again. At this point only a few baffles have had issues, so this may be isolated to a handful of mufflers or systems. BUB Enterprises strives to design and manufacture products that meet the toughest quality standard which is what we would expect as a customer.

Brad Williams will contact you and we will replace your mufflers without question. Please post the contents of this email on the forums you belong to so that anyone with a similar problem is fully aware that BUB stands behind our products. The contacts are as follows: Warranty- (877)282-7473 or linnea@bub.com, Tech Support (800)934-9739 option 2 or bubtech@bub.com.

I would like to address your question about our research and development of the mufflers and give some general background on sound requirements. From reading the forums I see there is misinformation out there. The requirement to meet 80 dB(A) for sound is a US EPA federal standard which requires the use of a drive by test. You can’t say for example that driving at 50 mph down the road or while at 2500 RPM’s on a stationary test, being under 80 dB(A) you meet the federal standard. Even as one person wrote on a V twin forum, you can only use SAE J2825 as a reference to the EPA standard since this standard might “eventually be the standard by which we are judged”. BUB agrees completely that the stationary test that SAE has established makes the most sense for manufactures, consumers, and enforcement officials. As it stands now and since the 70’s, the current EPA drive by test is the standard that is to be used and this is the procedure BUB used in the development of our Stealth mufflers.

The design of our Stealth mufflers was not an easy task. The configuration is such that BUB used a mechanical baffle with multiple technologies that reduces the sound level without killing the performance. This mechanical baffle is wrapped in automotive grade muffler packing that is designed to last in sealed automotive mufflers for 100’s of thousands of miles. All of this is packaged in a high volume muffler to provide the sound level BUB must meet with a tone that is far superior to stock or anything else on the market.

As a manufacturer, BUB is required to meet an “acoustical assurance” period of 4,000 miles. All this means is that the mufflers must be under 80 dB(A) for this 4,000 mile period. To ensure we exceed this requirement BUB went to the lengths of sending a set of mufflers on a trip to Alaska for a total of 15,000 miles and then verifying the results of our previous sound tests. This test along with the many other sound tests in the development of these systems showed no discernable differences after mileage accumulation. 

From the above I hope that you see BUB has done its homework on these mufflers. We have gone to great lengths to ensure our products are exceptional and meet all requirements we say they do.  I should also mention that the BUB 7 Stealth FL mufflers are just the start of things to come from BUB. BUB’s R&D department is currently working on 7 Stealth mufflers for ST, Dyna, and Sportster applications. BUB is also going to package the Stealth FL mufflers with our brand new 09 FL TDX system (aka True Dual Crossover). The Stealth mufflers packaged with the TDX headers provide the most powerful product we currently have in our FL lineup and meet the EPA sound requirements.

After viewing the information you post on many forums, it is apparent that you are dedicated to the V Twin community. I hope you post this so that others can hopefully benefit from the information given here.

P.S. I have sent this same letter to the person I believe is bob2002. 

Bob Infalt

Director of Research and Development

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 09:46:23 AM »

I just got my stealth baffles and put them in yesterday. Only problem I had was that they wouldn't fit! IDK if they don't make them for the slip-on 7's, but these stated 7TD stealth baffles on box and packing slip. So I had to bring them down the road to a muffler shop and put the baffle in a tailpipe expander. After the stretch I got em to slide on and put em back on bike. I love the sound. The youtube clip on their website doesn't do it any justice.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2009, 03:47:19 PM »

Pete,

Sorry but this thread isn't about the BUB Stealth baffles.  It's about the new 4" BUB 7 Stealth mufflers that BUB has just introduced.  Not sure if you knew that.  If you have a question about the baffles you might want to start a new thread.

Zeb

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2009, 06:08:32 PM »

Well then thats pretty far off topic :oops:

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2009, 07:01:53 PM »

No problem, just trying to help you out.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2009, 07:36:33 PM »

I'm lurking out here. Waiting to see how this turns out before I order. If I do, I want to get the "improved" mufflers. How is it going zeb?
RETIRED! :fireman:

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2009, 07:54:48 PM »

My replacement mufflers should be here Friday.  I am then leaving Sept. 12th for a week long trip (1,800+ miles) to Colorado.  When I get back I'm assuming that I will have an opinion on whether they fixed the problem.

bob2002 also has a replacement set on the way.  He's actually thinking about selling his.

Another side issue has also come up with the mufflers.  I installed them in the "slash up" position and the inside of the end caps has started to discolor.  bob 2002 has seen the same thing.  I've asked BUB about the discoloration and they claim they shouldn't do it and that it's probably just a film from the combustion.  But I've cleaned them with everything I have and the discoloration is still there.  Think I'll install the new ones "slash down" so it's not so noticable.  I wonder if anyone with the standard BUB 7's has had this problem??? 

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2009, 08:47:46 PM »

Looking forward to your 1800 mile review, Zeb.

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2009, 12:07:02 AM »

Looking forward to your 1800 mile review, Zeb.

Me too - Thanks for all the info.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2009, 05:48:12 PM »

I wonder if anyone with the standard BUB 7's has had this problem??? 

Well, now I have something you're talking about. Yes my 7's are discolored. I've done the mild soap and water that bub talks about to clean them, but that doesn't work so well. I've since used brake cleaner to remove all residue and there is a discoloration. I put a coat of wax on after, but you still definitely see it. I'd say just leave it and the exhaust will even them out with carbon and whatnot, but if you don't regularly clean them they start to bubble up. Now that mine are I just leave em be and only clean the outside. Too expensive to replace for that. When the outside starts flakin, I'll look into havin them replated or have a friend powdercoat them black. Just sucks that you spend so much and after a lil over a year the chrome pops up. Same thing is happenin to HD parts on the bike tho too.  :-\

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2009, 05:31:55 PM »

My replacement mufflers should be here Friday.  I am then leaving Sept. 12th for a week long trip (1,800+ miles) to Colorado.  When I get back I'm assuming that I will have an opinion on whether they fixed the problem.

bob2002 also has a replacement set on the way.  He's actually thinking about selling his.

Another side issue has also come up with the mufflers.  I installed them in the "slash up" position and the inside of the end caps has started to discolor.  bob 2002 has seen the same thing.  I've asked BUB about the discoloration and they claim they shouldn't do it and that it's probably just a film from the combustion.  But I've cleaned them with everything I have and the discoloration is still there.  Think I'll install the new ones "slash down" so it's not so noticable.  I wonder if anyone with the standard BUB 7's has had this problem??? 

Lookin forward to your reply Zeb.

West Coast GTG   

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2009, 07:37:41 PM »

I have installed mine in the slash down position because I like the look so much better. I have only put 60 miles on this new set and was able to polish out the residue this time,the jury is still out on me keeping or selling them. 8) 8)
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2009, 08:32:24 AM »

Mufflers are now for sale.
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2009, 09:15:04 AM »

Hi Guys,

I just got back from my Colorado trip yesterday and we logged nearly 2,000 miles.  I drove in all types of conditions.  From sunny and mid 80's to rain and hail and temps in the 30's.  From 1,300 feet above sea level here at home to over 12,000 feet going over Independence Pass.  Mountain curves where speeds were down to 10 mph to the interstate where we ran 80-85.  I have to give the BUB 7 Stealths a big thumbs up. :2vrolijk_21:  The Stealths did not both me at all.  Oh yes, there is a hum at cruising speeds but nothing like the what bothered be at highway speeds when I had the V&H Monsters.  The Stealths have a nice low rumble with no raspiness or bark when you get on the throttle.  I'm back to my original opinion that these are the best alternative to stock mufflers.  Quieter than the Fullsac 1.75".  If these are too loud I think you better to stick to the stockers.  (Sorry BOB!)  But then, as we all know, sound is very subjective.  We all hear differently and I have hearing loss in some frequencies.  But of approx. a dozen mufflers I've had on two different 103" bikes I like these the best.  I need to get the bike cleaned up as it's a mess so I can see if there is any discoloring of the end caps.

Hope this helps some of you guys out.  But remember, it is just my individual opinion.

Zeb

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2009, 09:50:23 AM »

Hi Guys,

I just got back from my Colorado trip yesterday and we logged nearly 2,000 miles.  I drove in all types of conditions.  From sunny and mid 80's to rain and hail and temps in the 30's.  From 1,300 feet above sea level here at home to over 12,000 feet going over Independence Pass.  Mountain curves where speeds were down to 10 mph to the interstate where we ran 80-85.  I have to give the BUB 7 Stealths a big thumbs up. :2vrolijk_21:  The Stealths did not both me at all.  Oh yes, there is a hum at cruising speeds but nothing like the what bothered be at highway speeds when I had the V&H Monsters.  The Stealths have a nice low rumble with no raspiness or bark when you get on the throttle.  I'm back to my original opinion that these are the best alternative to stock mufflers.  Quieter than the Fullsac 1.75".  If these are too loud I think you better to stick to the stockers.  (Sorry BOB!)  But then, as we all know, sound is very subjective.  We all hear differently and I have hearing loss in some frequencies.  But of approx. a dozen mufflers I've had on two different 103" bikes I like these the best.  I need to get the bike cleaned up as it's a mess so I can see if there is any discoloring of the end caps.

Hope this helps some of you guys out. But remember, it is just my individual opinion.
Zeb

But your opinion is important.............to you! :huepfenlol2:

No, seriously Zeb........I think mine and your goals on exhaust are the same.  And while I've been the experiment in other areas of the bike (my friends were teasing me about opening up a seat shop before I finally tried a Corbin and quit buying after that), I've let you be the experiment with the "quiet" exhaust.  Bub sent me another email a few days ago saying that the new exhaust for the 10s will be out late Oct.  I'm waiting for the 10 Stealth exhaust.

By the way, thanks a bunch for the update.

West Coast GTG   

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2009, 11:38:32 AM »

Zeb,
Glad you had a good trip and your happy with the mufflers.I like the way they sound now more then before since I had the Andrews 21 cams and the V&H Power Duals installed. The wife is okay with them but rather have the SE touring mufflers so you know where that leaves me.
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2009, 02:47:17 PM »

I got the bike cleaned up yesterday after my trip and see very little discoloration of the end caps.  I have them installed "slash down" and would recommend this position to anyone buying these mufflers.  With the "slash up" it's just harder to keep the inside of the end cap clean.

By the way, my Fullsac 1.75" are for sale again now that I've decided to keep the Stealths.

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »

PM Sent

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2009, 09:24:29 PM »

Well after talking with Zeb I went ahead and bought a set of the Stealths. I got them today and immediately put them on.

My impressions so far are:

They are a lot quieter than my monster ovals that I have had on for over 6000 miles.

They have a low sound to them similar to the monsters, but on the freeway they are a lot more enjoyable for me.

I can't tell any loss of performance vs. the monsters. I am running  the PCV with auto tune module with a fuel moto base map.

The Monsters are probably a meaner or manlier sound, but I guess I am tired of them.

Overall they seem to be exactly what I was looking for, not a stock sound, but a nice deep sound and no drone when going 70 mph plus. That was my biggest reason I wanted something quieter. Up to 70 or so the monsters were ok, but when you are in the throttle they seem to bother me on longer 150 mile plus rides.

I haven't rode with them too much, but enought to know they are quieter in every aspect.

I am running a stock 110" with V and H  true duals.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2009, 10:37:34 PM »

Thanks for the most recent updates guys. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2009, 11:16:27 PM »

Pulled the trigger on a set! Will let you know what I think of the sonud and quality....and I am PICKY!!

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2009, 11:19:35 AM »

Pulled the trigger on a set! Will let you know what I think of the sonud and quality....and I am PICKY!!

Opps, Picky might not serve you well, I looked at two sets recently that were starting to discolor. Both bikes had been run on a dyno that could have contributed to the color change, Be careful.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2009, 11:39:43 AM »

Opps, Picky might not serve you well, I looked at two sets recently that were starting to discolor. Both bikes had been run on a dyno that could have contributed to the color change, Be careful.
Then the return policy better serve me well instead!!!!! ;)

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2009, 10:50:15 PM »

couple people at my dealer like the bub 7--anyone have thoughts on these?

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »

couple people at my dealer like the bub 7--anyone have thoughts on these?

I really like my BUB 7 TD set up. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=42383.0

JW

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2009, 11:35:59 AM »

I really like my BUB 7 TD set up. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=42383.0

JW

Have been looking at the exhaust your running. Talked to a tech at BUB the other day and he stated that the  new TDX header pipe they make and the stealth mufflers will out perform, or have better numbers than the TD setup. am curious if anyone here has seen this, in their experiances with exhaust?
I no longer have  the 07 CVO but i do have the new 2010 LTD and am looking at differant exhaust systems for it.  like a lot of people i am not into the loud noise systems.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2009, 07:58:36 PM »

Got mine on last night. Fit and finish look pretty good. Sound is quieter that the 1.75 sacks. No more crack when hitting the throttle. I didn't care for that and packed the cans. That didn't help. That's why I am trying the stealths. Sound is down lower but not too quiet. I have only run it in the garage so I cannot give the thumbs up or down yet. I might be able to get it out and under some "load" tomorrow. In our case the bsr likes it loud but I like it more on the mellow side. Might have to go back to the sacks if the boss is not impressed!!!  ???

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2009, 08:36:41 PM »

Got mine on last night. Fit and finish look pretty good. Sound is quieter that the 1.75 sacks. No more crack when hitting the throttle. I didn't care for that and packed the cans. That didn't help. That's why I am trying the stealths. Sound is down lower but not too quiet. I have only run it in the garage so I cannot give the thumbs up or down yet. I might be able to get it out and under some "load" tomorrow. In our case the bsr likes it loud but I like it more on the mellow side. Might have to go back to the sacks if the boss is not impressed!!!  ???

am curious about the   hp and  tq in comparison to  the  TDX or even the true duls system  both with the  regular Bub 7 mufflers!!

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2009, 03:10:18 PM »

Well I got out with it today. Did about an hour of all types of riding. 08 SERK......Stop and go and one little 100 mph cruise to see if they would blue. "So far" here is my impression compared with the sacks.
Idle sound goes to BUB it really sounds better, low Harley sound
Light acceleration to BUB Low to mid rpm again nice low throaty sound
Heavy acceleration high rpm to sack high rpm sound is great!
Cruise to BUB nice tunes out the back!
6th gear cruise and acceleration definitely BUB! Nice Harley sound without all the drama!

I realize this is all subjective but "so far" I like the bubs for the bike and riding that I do. They are quiet. I think ZEB said his wife thought they were too loud. With all due respect, I can't imagine them being to loud unless they burn out quickly. Oh, and these things stink while they are breaking in. ;) I have some video with sound if I can figure out how to post it? I hope this helps someone as much as the other posters have helped me. Oh and they still have to pass the boss's sound test or to ebay they go!!!

fgizzo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG Cobalt and Starlight - Vance and Hines Dresser Duals - Klock Werks WFB Mufflers - Open SE Air Cleaner - Chopped Tour Pack
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2009, 10:15:48 PM »

I think I will be going to these, but would LOVE to see the video and sound files you have. You can PM me if you need help on the video posting.
Keepsabeat

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2009, 10:44:48 PM »

I think ZEB said his wife thought they were too loud.

If you are talking about me you are incorrect.  Wife and I like the Stealths. 

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2009, 10:40:39 PM »

I think I will be going to these, but would LOVE to see the video and sound files you have. You can PM me if you need help on the video posting.

Thanks, I'll get with you in a day or two.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2009, 10:45:48 PM »

If you are talking about me you are incorrect.  Wife and I like the Stealths. 
Yeah, It was someone else. I didn't take the time to read back through all the posts. Anyway, I don't think anyone can say they are to loud. Just right for a touring bike IMO.
Are yours still doing ok?

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2009, 10:49:26 PM »

Mine are fine but I've only been on the bike a couple of times in the past 2 months because we've had such a cool and rainy fall.  She's put away no for the winter.

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2009, 12:47:16 AM »

Which is better, the Stealth 7 TD  or Rhinehart TD?

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2009, 07:58:16 AM »

While I do not have Stealth mufflers on mine, I perfer the BUB 7 TD. I recently switched from the D&D Fat Cat (2 - 1) to the BUBs. I lost no low end torque or horsepower vs the Rinehart TD which generally have a tq dip around 2000 thru 2500 rpm. JMO.  Love the sound of either system  :)

JW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2009, 08:44:30 AM »

Well I got out with it today. Did about an hour of all types of riding. 08 SERK......Stop and go and one little 100 mph cruise to see if they would blue. "So far" here is my impression compared with the sacks.
Idle sound goes to BUB it really sounds better, low Harley sound
Light acceleration to BUB Low to mid rpm again nice low throaty sound
Heavy acceleration high rpm to sack high rpm sound is great!
Cruise to BUB nice tunes out the back!
6th gear cruise and acceleration definitely BUB! Nice Harley sound without all the drama!

I realize this is all subjective but "so far" I like the bubs for the bike and riding that I do. They are quiet. I think ZEB said his wife thought they were too loud. With all due respect, I can't imagine them being to loud unless they burn out quickly. Oh, and these things stink while they are breaking in. ;) I have some video with sound if I can figure out how to post it? I hope this helps someone as much as the other posters have helped me. Oh and they still have to pass the boss's sound test or to ebay they go!!!

Thanks for the report.  Just to be sure.....you have the Bub Stealth and not the Bub 7, correct?   

Dakota Zeb has given positive feedback on the Stealth and if your report is on the Stealth then I believe this is the system that I'm wanting.  Just tired of the obnoxiously loud exhaust systems.  Ran the Thunderheader for way to many years and now am paying the price with my hearing when it comes to certain tones. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2009, 02:19:29 PM »

Yes they are the stealths. They seem pretty quiet at first but kind of grow on you. I like the idle and cruise sound. Still not much time with them as the weather really sucks here with the storm.

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »

Thanks for the report.  Just to be sure.....you have the Bub Stealth and not the Bub 7, correct?   

Dakota Zeb has given positive feedback on the Stealth and if your report is on the Stealth then I believe this is the system that I'm wanting.  Just tired of the obnoxiously loud exhaust systems.  Ran the Thunderheader for way to many years and now am paying the price with my hearing when it comes to certain tones. :nixweiss:

I am putting Bub 7 Stealth mufflers on my Ultra, Dealer has them now here in Arizona, Not in BUB catalog yet.
Will give you report after 1,000 miles.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Page created in 0.368 seconds with 20 queries.