Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: MOCO'S QUALITY WORK  (Read 6286 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: MOCO'S QUALITY WORK
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2007, 12:38:00 AM »

Howie,
I agree that that attitude is prevelant in the American industrial complex.  But it's definitely not in the Japanese.  Toyota is the number one, revenue-wise (GM still holds the numbers), auto manufacturer in the world, but look at their quality/recall rate compared to GM, Ford, or Chrysler.  Honda is the worlds largest manufacturer of motorcycles, and people don't expect to get a bike with pre-loaded, poor quality control problems built in.  And look where a majority of these products are now manufactured, right here in the good old USA, with US non-unionized labor.  It boils down to rewarding your people for doing a good job, and holding them accountable for doing a poor or unacceptable job.  Half-a$$ed, regardless of the numbers, should never be an acceptable practice.  That reflects directly on the company and it's people.  (But yet, I wouldn't drive anything but a Harley... :P)
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red
I agree, and I think Rjob would also agree, there is a difference in a japanese built car that the vin number starts with a "J" than one that is built in the states.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2007, 12:46:11 AM »

Please believe me, I don't think its the way it should be, but the reality of the situation is that HD is making money hand over fist, and we keep throwing fistfulls of the stuff at them every year. Until demand drops off, I just don't see them adopting a Quality Is Job 1 type of program like Ford did, because people buy their bikes based on emotion, not reason.

Harley has no "REAL" competition. They are the real thing, and while the imports may actually be better bikes, there are still enough diehards out there to keep the wheels churning. The Harley crowd is getting older, and the next 10 years should get real interesting. Harley may find itself having to compete like they never have had to before.

I haven't had any major problem with either of my Dressers. My new one is awesome, much better than the last. But I have found my fair share of loose fasteners and other little stuff. I expected it, and took care of it.

I'm a happy customer.

As far as that 5th gear whine, kind of reminds of revese in the Civic I used to drive, but not as loud. Mine also has a neat / funky sound at a stop, almost like a dry primary, or something like that. I think its kind of cool sounding.

It's all good to me.

Chief
After spending a number of years in a Ford Dealership in the past, I know first hand quality is not job one, just another false advertising promise.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2007, 04:05:01 PM »

I agree, and I think Rjob would also agree, there is a difference in a japanese built car that the vin number starts with a "J" than one that is built in the states.
My wife has had two Honda Accords over the past 13 years (a 1994 EX and a 2004 EX) both made in Marysville, Ohio, and there's only been one recall, and that was on the 1994.  I've had my 2006 Dodge Pickup for 1 year now, and have already had 2 recalls.  I had 3 on my 2003 Chevy Avalanche in three years.  Kinda says something doesn't it??   This is why Detroit is struggling now, and why, in about another 15-20 years when the current loyal HD customer base (average age 45 years old) starts drying up, HD will have to take a serious look at how they are doing business.  I've been fortunate so far, (knock on wood), that my HD's have all been good rides and I've had minimal problems with them.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

cigarmike

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2007, 07:15:02 PM »

Treat others as they treat you. (I really have fallen in love with this pic).  :sweetheart:

hogasm

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2007, 07:38:24 PM »

I plan to take the pictures and the backing plate in to show the dealer. Also when I took the saddle bags off found a scratch and a big discolored section on the backside of one of the bags. I'll post a pic of that when I get a chance, but that probably falls under the can't see it when the bag is on the bike. :confused5:

Had a huge scratch and very bad paint on the rear of both bags on my 04, Harley said it is not visable to the naked eye at a distance of 5 feet, then it is not a defect. They could not see the blemishes on the back of the bags while they were installed on the bike.
Got pissed off, kicked both across the dealers floor in front of the rep. New bags installed, no cost to me. Dealer said that he had to eat the cost of the bags and asked me not to bring the bike back to them for any more warranty work.

Flying Ace

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA#10357

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2007, 09:42:43 PM »

Had a huge scratch and very bad paint on the rear of both bags on my 04, Harley said it is not visable to the naked eye at a distance of 5 feet, then it is not a defect. They could not see the blemishes on the back of the bags while they were installed on the bike.
Got pissed off, kicked both across the dealers floor in front of the rep. New bags installed, no cost to me. Dealer said that he had to eat the cost of the bags and asked me not to bring the bike back to them for any more warranty work.

I like your style!! :2vrolijk_21:
CVO Limited

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2007, 01:40:46 AM »

You are the MAN!!!!!!!!!

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2007, 06:40:05 PM »

So...... you missed the rep???  :huepfenjump3: ;D ;)

hogasm

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2007, 07:48:45 PM »

Yes I missed the rep..........................but I got my sh t fixed :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.