Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Vyscera's SESG mods  (Read 10748 times)

Vyscera

• Angsty Youth
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FXDFSE2- Taken out by a Ford
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3
Fullsac upgrade
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »

After much deliberation, cost analysis, and staring at other peoples bikes for months, I ordered a complete Fullsac "stage 1" with sport pipe and the new insulation screens. I'm very happy with the transaction with Steve & Co. Less happy about the crappy harbor freight bits I used to grind out the welds for the stock baffles. I spent 4 times longer grinding then doing everything else.  :'( But I learned a few more things, like not to trust nooks and crannies.

thats spring time pollen that the heat shields protected from getting washed away.
Nor that the MoCo will always do things properly. Here is the insulation out of my mufflers.

The bottom is the right one, and that scrap on top is all that came out of the left muffler. I barely had enough to wrap the fullsac screens and get them in the muffler body. Speaking of, I squeezed the heck out of the screens to get them in, because of my ratty insulation situation, and it took an hour of riding for them to fully expand. The perforations in the screen will catch on each other, keeping it tighter until it shakes loose.  I'm glad they did, as I was afraid the hollow sound was going to stay, and that I would have to buy new insulation and repack the mufflers.
But for now every thing is awesome. I found some directions for the TTS online and am working on adjusting the speed to be dead on. Acceleration is better, bike is cooler, sound improved 5 fold.
Motorbreath is how I live my life, I cant take it any other way...

Vyscera

• Angsty Youth
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FXDFSE2- Taken out by a Ford
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Vyscera's SESG mods
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2013, 05:00:42 PM »

I also just picked up a "scooter trash" rack off of the HD Forums. Scooter Trash is one of the guys on there. Paid under $90 shipped. The powder coat isnt perfect, and you have to figure out which holes to use for either 09+ or 08-, but that only takes a few minutes.
Motorbreath is how I live my life, I cant take it any other way...

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2013, 09:34:10 PM »

Congrats on the FullSac install, I really like the set up!  :2vrolijk_21:

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2013, 08:53:32 AM »

I also just picked up a "scooter trash" rack off of the HD Forums. Scooter Trash is one of the guys on there. Paid under $90 shipped. The powder coat isnt perfect, and you have to figure out which holes to use for either 09+ or 08-, but that only takes a few minutes.

Was just getting ready to search for a rack.  Didn't realize one of the hd forum members sold them.  I went over and sent him a PM.  Thanks for posting.
Ride Safe,
JustDennis
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 26 queries.