Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Tour Pack luggage  (Read 9737 times)

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Tour Pack luggage
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2007, 04:39:12 PM »

I bought the Rack Half SAC by SAC.  They make one specifically to fit the contour rack on our bikes.  I think this has been discussed in another post on this site.  Anyway, just got back from a 5 day 1,500 mile trip and the SAC worked great.  I used it for the gear I need easy access to and packed my clothes in the saddle bags.  The SAC is about the same size (12"x17"x11") as the Road Ready (13"x10"x18").  But I have to admit, the Road Ready has some features the SAC is lacking.  The SAC works great, easy on and off, but if it ever craps out I will have to seriously look at the Road Rady bag.

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2007, 03:11:05 PM »

Just thought I would post this for those looking for a luggage bag to fit our wierd racks. Was looking at an American Bagger magazine and noticed a small ad in the back for Road Ready Bags. They looked pretty cool so I called them
( Gene Troutman, owner ) and after speaking with him, I ordered a medium size and asked if he could ship it second  day delivery as we were leaving for Arkansas in 5 days. The bag arrived on Friday and he only charged me $5 dollars shipping on top of the $85 for the bag. I love it and it fits perfect. I use one of the saddle bag ice chests for drinks, so when my wife travels, we needed something else for clothes. This bag is waterproof, has four plug type straps so when you get it adjusted like you want, it takes about four seconds to remove. It also has some rings on top, so you could strap something else there if needed. The whole thing is nylon and weighs probably less than a pound. The web site is www.roadreadybags.com. I'll attatch a couple of pics.

How does this bag attach?  Hopefully easier than the Kuryarkin (SP) which is a PITA.  This one looks good.  Have not spent anything on the bike for while.  This may satisfy the need! :2vrolijk_21:
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007, 09:53:01 PM »

How does this bag attach?  Hopefully easier than the Kuryarkin (SP) which is a PITA.  This one looks good.  Have not spent anything on the bike for while.  This may satisfy the need! :2vrolijk_21:

Magic, to me the attachment part is the best of the three bags I've tried. It has four adjustable straps with the quick release buttons, so when you get it set to your rack and adjusted, it takes about 5 seconds to install or remove. Once mine was set, I trimmed off the excess on the straps, and burned them with a lighter, so there's a very small amount of extra strap showing.

Look at the very first picture, it shows the clips pretty good. Double click if you want it bigger.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 09:55:56 PM by GC_Super »
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Jester_Red07

• http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/VROCKSE/RedJester034.jpg
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 2 VRSCSE
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2007, 09:14:14 AM »

Humm,
  Fill that with clothes and you might be over your 10# weight limit???

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2007, 12:37:35 PM »

Got my Road Ready bag yesterday.  Cordura nylon - not as stiff as the sides of my T-Bag but should hold its shape.  Waterproof with a zipper cover flap.

Very easy attach - 4 staps.  Expect it will be very servicable and the price is not all that bad, considering..
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

hogasm

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2007, 12:53:03 PM »

Got my Road Ready bag yesterday.  Cordura nylon - not as stiff as the sides of my T-Bag but should hold its shape.  Waterproof with a zipper cover flap.

Very easy attach - 4 staps.  Expect it will be very servicable and the price is not all that bad, considering..

Iski,  one thing I like about my Road Ready bag is that with the softer sides it also fits inside the tour pack. When you get the straps adjusted correctly, on and off in about 10 seconds.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2007, 02:33:01 PM »

Iski,  one thing I like about my Road Ready bag is that with the softer sides it also fits inside the tour pack. When you get the straps adjusted correctly, on and off in about 10 seconds.

That would come in very handy for packing rain suits, jackets, and similar, as well as clothes in the tour pack.

Had not considered that - thanks Hogasm.

The quick connect/disconnect is much better than what I was using with the T-Bag roll top.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2007, 05:24:57 PM »

Just received my Road Ready bag and it was defective.  I called Troutman's office and Michele is shipping a replacement on Monday.
The problem is the stitching on the top of the bag is loose.  It looks like someone tried to stitch up a hole from the outside when all the stitching is on the inside. Michele said it's where the stitching starts and stops but that it should not look like it does.
Mine had a reflective stripe all around the bag which I did not notice on others that were pictured here.  It also had a small stain on the top.
My guess is someone returned it and they just sent it to me.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2007, 05:47:16 PM »

I have watched this thread as everyone seems to get great looking bags, but i guess i will have to be contrarian and go for the downsized look. i got my Cortech bag and keep just raingear that sits on tourpak rak; http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=148&cat=31
just that i would throw in a different idea, john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2007, 11:45:43 AM »

Is it secure up there?  :drink:

:orange:

John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2007, 09:39:43 PM »

Is it secure up there?  :drink:

:orange:

Like a rock.....the straps have those interlocking plastic/nylon connectors that just click together, so once it's adjusted, it stays adjusted.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2007, 10:33:37 PM »

I got the leather add on pak for the SEUC just before Nelson and it worked fine with a few mods.

94800-00A

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits Tour-Pak® lids equipped with Premium Tour-Pak® Luggage Rack P/N 53665-87, FLHTCUSE Tour-Pak® Luggage Rack P/N 79125-06 and Contoured Luggage Rack P/N 79148-06A.

MSRP US $279.95
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:37:41 PM by Rjob749 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.