Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: HD Chrome Hardware  (Read 8976 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: HD Chrome Hardware
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »

Harumph,
            Well Mr. Twolaneride, you know exactly what I think of you even if it isn't something I can post on the site now don't you ?  ;)

Yes I do.  And I still appreciate every damn word of it [smiley=drink.gif] !
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 09:51:15 PM by twolanerider »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 10:12:17 PM »

Yes I do.  And I still appreciate every damn word of it [smiley=drink.gif] !

Damn!

I knew that was coming! ;D

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 10:41:40 AM »

It says that prior suggestions to the contrary you are NEVER GOING TO STOP SCREWING WITH LD!!  You're as bad with it as I've been with the red bike (not that this is a bad thing!).

[highlight]By the way, I ordered those flamed and colored legs today.[/highlight]  They clearcoat them as part of their process.   ::)

I thought you were through! ;D ;D ;D BTW, your pants are on fire! And you thought you could slip this news by us in this thread! ;) Did you order the Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 fork cartridges too? ::)

I can't wait to see your bike Don. Looks like I'll get to do that in Hot Springs! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] And good luck with your new front end!

Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 12:05:43 PM »

I thought you were through! ;D ;D ;D BTW, your pants are on fire! And you thought you could slip this news by us in this thread! ;) Did you order the Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 fork cartridges too? ::)

I can't wait to see your bike Don. Looks like I'll get to do that in Hot Springs! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] And good luck with your new front end!

Hoist!  8-)

Howie, I'm not considering that fork cartidge thing (yet).  Simply because I don't really know for sure just what it is.  Fortunately the timing may work out quite nicely though.

The guy around here who first let me know of the existence of them has his in hand now.  We'll be installing them probably this Sunday.  The new legs I've got coming won't be here for a couple weeks.  

They buy a new pair at their local dealership and do their decorative work to them.  So you're not tearing something down and having it set on a jack for weeks.

So I'll have had the opportunity to actually see just what it is and what impact it really has on the bike before my new legs ever get here.  If it's actually "real" I'll at least consider it.  If not I'll just install an emulator package in the new legs and go from there.

I did exchange an email with the Traxxion Dynamics place to get their suggestion as to time frame for turning around a set of legs.  They said in and out in less than a week even when busy.  Of course vendor promises on such things I believe when I see.  But my only goal is to get fork oil changed before spring.  So I'm not too concerned.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 12:16:21 PM »

Howie, I'm not considering that fork cartidge thing (yet).  Simply because I don't really know for sure just what it is.  Fortunately the timing may work out quite nicely though.

The guy around here who first let me know of the existence of them has his in hand now.  We'll be installing them probably this Sunday.  The new legs I've got coming won't be here for a couple weeks.  

They buy a new pair at their local dealership and do their decorative work to them.  So you're not tearing something down and having it set on a jack for weeks.

So I'll have had the opportunity to actually see just what it is and what impact it really has on the bike before my new legs ever get here.  If it's actually "real" I'll at least consider it.  If not I'll just install an emulator package in the new legs and go from there.

I did exchange an email with the Traxxion Dynamics place to get their suggestion as to time frame for turning around a set of legs.  They said in and out in less than a week even when busy.  Of course vendor promises on such things I believe when I see.  But my only goal is to get fork oil changed before spring.  So I'm not too concerned.

You didn't take long to decide on those lowers, did you Don? I'm sure it's gonna look awesome. I'm actually very curious (not quite interested yet) in those Traxxion Cartridges. I guess you'll give it the usual DC review for us? I'm putting a lot of extra miles on to meet you guys in Hot Springs. And I'm sure looking forward to that! See you there. Hoist!  8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2007, 06:06:36 PM »

You didn't take long to decide on those lowers, did you Don? I'm sure it's gonna look awesome. I'm actually very curious (not quite interested yet) in those Traxxion Cartridges. I guess you'll give it the usual DC review for us? I'm putting a lot of extra miles on to meet you guys in Hot Springs. And I'm sure looking forward to that! See you there. Hoist!  8-)

Will definitely let you know what impression I get from the buddy's bike when they go on.  As usual on things I know I know nothing about I'm just staying ambivalent until afforded the chance to learn something.

What will happen to the new SERK before the Arkansas trip in September?  What other good road trips will it get to break it in?  By September that black baby should have a plenty of miles on it.  Wonder what seat you'll be on by then?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 04:01:41 PM »

I listened to Don and Jim and went the Stainless route, but instead of buying a packaged kit, built my own list from the parts book.

I spoke with both Diamond Engineering and Alloy Boltz. Diamond is definitely in a better position to provide the proper kits, and has a great catalog. Alloy Boltz is in a bit of chaos since the owner passed away in March 2006, and is now up for sale, but in the meantime is being run by the late owner's wife and nephew. They were great to speak with, but are really struggling to grasp the business and keep it going.

My choice for buying kits would be to buy the Diamond Kits, available through Drag Specialties.

I decided to take a more DIY approach, and take my list and order all of the individual parts from Totally Stainless.com.  www.totallystainless.com.

I ordered all ARP hi-strength 12-point stainless and am doing my own polishing. This is indeed a project and not a two night job of just installing pretty shiny nuts and bolts.

I can post my parts list if so desired.

Chief

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 05:10:29 PM »

I listened to Don and Jim and went the Stainless route, but instead of buying a packaged kit, built my own list from the parts book.

I spoke with both Diamond Engineering and Alloy Boltz. Diamond is definitely in a better position to provide the proper kits, and has a great catalog. Alloy Boltz is in a bit of chaos since the owner passed away in March 2006, and is now up for sale, but in the meantime is being run by the late owner's wife and nephew. They were great to speak with, but are really struggling to grasp the business and keep it going.

My choice for buying kits would be to buy the Diamond Kits, available through Drag Specialties.

I decided to take a more DIY approach, and take my list and order all of the individual parts from Totally Stainless.com.  www.totallystainless.com.

I ordered all ARP hi-strength 12-point stainless and am doing my own polishing. This is indeed a project and not a two night job of just installing pretty shiny nuts and bolts.

I can post my parts list if so desired.

Chief

C'mon Chief, of course it's desired! ;D Although I'm not sure I'm into doing my own polishing. Isn't Diamond's stuff already polished? After checking things out, I'm looking to go the SS route myself. Thanks! ;) Hoist! 8)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 06:09:22 PM »

C'mon Chief, of course it's desired! ;D Although I'm not sure I'm into doing my own polishing. Isn't Diamond's stuff already polished? After checking things out, I'm looking to go the SS route myself. Thanks! ;) Hoist! 8)

When you compare the price of polished and not polished, it made it easier for me to go the DIY route. For example, Diamond gets $3.82 for 5/16-18 x 1 12-point and Totally Stainless is $2.15.

In my defense before posting my spreadsheet, I will have to say I'm ill. Some say sick, but I prefer ill. It just sounds better.

I went through the parts manual and pretty much got everything. If you can see it, and some that you can't, I ordered a bolt to replace it. Heck, I even got bolts to  replace the ones on the oil pan. I justified doing them all and not just the 3 or so you can actually see by saying that if I EVER need to pull the pan, having all of the bolts with a common head will be MUCH easier than some 12 point, and some allen. Same logic applies to the case bolts, even the ones behind the inner primary.

Trying to explain my illness doesn't do any good in the real world, but in my world, it helps.

Hopefully this spreadsheet will help spread the illness.

Chief

Note: Improved spreadsheet is posted down a few more posts.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:34:07 AM by Chief »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2007, 06:18:04 PM »

When you compare the price of polished and not polished, it made it easier for me to go the DIY route. For example, Diamond gets $3.82 for 5/16-18 x 1 12-point and Totally Stainless is $2.15.

In my defense before posting my spreadsheet, I will have to say I'm ill. Some say sick, but I prefer ill. It just sounds better.

I went through the parts manual and pretty much got everything. If you can see it, and some that you can't, I ordered a bolt to replace it. Heck, I even got bolts to  replace the ones on the oil pan. I justified doing them all and not just the 3 or so you can actually see by saying that if I EVER need to pull the pan, having all of the bolts with a common head will be MUCH easier than some 12 point, and some allen. Same logic applies to the case bolts, even the ones behind the inner primary.

Trying to explain my illness doesn't do any good in the real world, but in my world, it helps.

Hopefully this spreadsheet will help spread the illness.

Chief

Holy crap! You really are "ill" man! Now that's a list! You're gonna sit around and polish each one of those instead of buying them polished? That is one motivated dude! You want to polish 2 sets? ::) Only kidding. It'll look real good when you're done. Have fun, I guess? ;) Hoist!

hogasm

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 06:29:51 PM »

Chief, looked at your spread sheet. Nice.

Question     your description is a little vague to me, do you know what and how many for each?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2007, 06:30:52 PM »

Holy crap! You really are "ill" man! Now that's a list! You're gonna sit around and polish each one of those instead of buying them polished? That is one motivated dude! You want to polish 2 sets? ::) Only kidding. It'll look real good when you're done. Have fun, I guess? ;) Hoist!

I admit its a lot of work, even just replacing the bolts is a project, but I think the difference is about $200, and that means I get more stuff like braided stainless fuel lines and chrome inner primary and LCD dipstick and.....

But I've got the time in the evenings.

On one hand, hang out in the basement shop, (motorcycles, TV, refrig, deep freeze, microwave, power tools, etc.) and work on the bike.

On the other hand, sit upstairs with the wife and .....

Sometimes I even lock the basement door.

Chief

(Man, I hope she never logs on!!!)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 09:49:21 AM by Chief »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2007, 06:33:58 PM »

Chief, looked at your spread sheet. Nice.

Question     your description is a little vague to me, do you know what and how many for each?

I agree, and sometimes I forget myself. I included the page in the HD parts manual along with the HD part number. Of course, the pages only apply to the 2007 FLHTCUSE manual, but the part No. will be listed in the back of all parts books.

I'll revamp the spreadsheet with a longer description. That May help.

<EDIT> See revised spreadsheet in a later post with better descriptions </EDIT>

Chief
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:33:08 AM by Chief »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2007, 06:35:29 PM »

One one hand, hang out in the basement shop, (motorcycles, TV, refrig, deep freeze, microwave, power tools, etc.) and work on the bike.

On the other hand, sit upstairs with the wife and .....

Sometimes I even lock the basement door.

Chief

(Man, I hope she never logs on!!!)
If she does the lock may be on the other side of the basement door. :oops: :huepfenlol2: On second thought that might make you happy. :confused5:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2007, 06:40:01 PM »

If she does the lock may be on the other side of the basement door. :oops: :huepfenlol2: On second thought that might make you happy. :confused5:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Naw. Anyone who knows me, knows my wife is my best friend in the world and I'd do anything for or with her. I'm only playing the tuff guy here. I'm just having fun. Besides, if the basement door were locked, that would mean I was locked out of the house.   :o

Chief
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 08:45:45 AM by Chief »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 20 queries.