Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: HD Chrome Hardware  (Read 8973 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
HD Chrome Hardware
« on: January 08, 2007, 01:06:39 PM »

Has anyone used HD's chrome engine/trans/primary hardware on page 465? I'm about to order all of these fasteners and would like to make sure that they're good quality fasteners. I'm assuming that they are stock fasteners that are then chromed. Is that correct? Thanks for the help! ;) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: HD Chrome Hardware
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:41:31 PM »

Has anyone used HD's chrome engine/trans/primary hardware on page 465? I'm about to order all of these fasteners and would like to make sure that they're good quality fasteners. I'm assuming that they are stock fasteners that are then chromed. Is that correct? Thanks for the help! ;) Hoist!  8-)

Were I doing it over again I'd get a stainless hardware kit rather than the chromed Harley kits.  Overall the SS kits can be a little cheaper and, more importantly, they are a lot less maintenance.  Water puddles lead to rust stains in the heads of the chromed bolts.  So later you're dobbing them with q-tips squirted with WD-40 (or other such solutions).  No such hassle with the polished stainless stuff.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 03:57:10 PM »

I have the primary and the cam cover set. The tranny cover set does not fit models with the hydrolic clutches.

Polished Stainless is the best way to go but you will need to know all of the bolt sizes and lenghts. (The service manuals list them all)

Two other comments, get all of the water out of your bolts with a Bike Blaster, and if you do get any rust a silver Sharpie takes care of it.....

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 04:19:37 PM »

Thanks guys. That was simple. You're both absolutely right about the Polished SS. Why didn't I think of that? :-[ It'll match my mufflers too! ::) Do you know if any of the fastener companies are making kits, or is it a bolt-by-bolt process? ;) Hoist!  8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 04:46:09 PM »

Thanks guys. That was simple. You're both absolutely right about the Polished SS. Why didn't I think of that? :-[ It'll match my mufflers too! ::) Do you know if any of the fastener companies are making kits, or is it a bolt-by-bolt process? ;) Hoist!  8-)
Howie,

Here's a link to one source; I'm sure there are many more out there:  http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=DD335A25-9520-43FE-80DC-0AF6212224C7

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 05:19:57 PM »

Howie,

Here's a link to one source; I'm sure there are many more out there:  http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=DD335A25-9520-43FE-80DC-0AF6212224C7

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. It seems like I'll have to spend some time on this. I like "deep" allen style bolts for everything. I'll try to find them in Polished SS. Hoist!  8-)

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 05:32:40 PM »

I used chrome bolts for both my SERK's but for the SEUC, I went with:

Harley-Davidson Classic Chrome Socket Head Screw Cover Kit

I have no rusting issues and they look Good - IMHO

jeffj

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 08:16:18 PM »

I went with "Hot Toppers" on my bike. They are a plastic chrome covered cap that have a friction fit over the hex head. I think they look good and are affordable.
JD

hogasm

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 10:14:19 PM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 10:39:45 PM »

www.alloyboltz.com

Take a look at their eBay listings.  The one time I compared they were doing stuff there cheaper than ordering through their own website.

http://stores.ebay.com/AlloyBoltz-Stainless-Steel-Kits

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 12:36:35 AM »

I went w/ Diamond Engineering (http://www.depss.com/). They have several pre-packaged kits for engine, trans etc w/ either socket cap (allen) or 12 pt heads. Very good quality & excellent service.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 12:40:04 AM by bungy »
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 12:55:38 AM »

I used the 'Hot toppers' on my Deuce and was thinking of them for the SEUC². I haven't heard much chatter on this option. Anyone else?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 01:03:00 AM »

I went w/ Diamond Engineering (http://www.depss.com/). They have several pre-packaged kits for engine, trans etc w/ either socket cap (allen) or 12 pt heads. Very good quality & excellent service.

Thanks Bungy, that's just what I'm looking for. Their Big Twin catalog is great. And they're really into racing too. I'll contact them about updated kit for the '07.

Hogasm/Don, thanks also, I contacted AlloyBoltz prior to seeing this about an updated kit.

Appreciate the help. I'm sure to get what I want from one of these 2 places.

Hoist! 8-)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 01:23:19 AM »

get all of the water out of your bolts with a Bike Blaster

Speaking of....  Anyone seen in hand yet this new little hand held version?

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 01:31:20 AM »

Hoist, when do you get your bike?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 20 queries.