Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: HD Chrome Hardware  (Read 8974 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: HD Chrome Hardware
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2007, 09:58:32 AM »

OK, here's a revised spreadsheet with a better description.  There are several bolts that are used for the rear detachable docking points. These may not apply to everyone.

Because of the similarity of the FL's through the years, even tho this list was developed for the 2007 FLHTCUSE, the majority of the bolts will apply to your RK or FLH.

Chief

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2007, 10:47:22 AM »

OK, here's a revised spreadsheet with a better description.  There are several bolts that are used for the rear detachable docking points. These may not apply to everyone.

Because of the similarity of the FL's through the years, even tho this list was developed for the 2007 FLHTCUSE, the majority of the bolts will apply to your RK or FLH.

Chief

Chief, that's one amazing list. You really are nuts! But I think you know that already! ;D ;D ;D Thanks a lot for that effort. Nothing like a man on a mission! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2007, 10:54:57 AM »

Chief,

I read your spreadsheet! WOW! You're serious about your baby!. I bet it'll glide through the air faster with all of those shiny bolts holding her together! You go guy!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2007, 11:17:03 AM »

Chief,

I read your spreadsheet! WOW! You're serious about your baby!. I bet it'll glide through the air faster with all of those shiny bolts holding her together! You go guy!

I'm sure I'm coming out on the losing end of the $/hp ratio on this one, but if you're gonna bite, bite hard!

Chief

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2007, 11:18:39 AM »

I'm sure I'm coming out on the losing end of the $/hp ratio on this one, but if you're gonna bite, bite hard!

Chief

*spewed my coffee on that one Chief!*

You may loose on the $/HP ratio, but, I'm sure Mrs Chief will be pround of ya!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »

*spewed my coffee on that one Chief!*

You may loose on the $/HP ratio, but, I'm sure Mrs Chief will be pround of ya!

Hot Damn!!! My first coffee spew  :pepper: :pepper:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2007, 08:17:05 PM »

Here's a shot of the front rotor and caliper with the new 12-points. I still have to get the caliper pins to finish the calipers up. I got the rotor bolts from Alloy Boltz, but all of the caliper bolts were ARP stainless that I polished here.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2007, 08:18:18 PM »

Here's the swingarm bracket without the ugly hex bolts.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2007, 08:19:40 PM »

Lastly, the lifter blocks with the new 12-point shiny stuff.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2007, 08:32:06 AM »

One side benefit of replacing all the hardware that I stumbled onto, is now I need to carry far fewer tools on the road.

Since all of the bolt heads are now 12-point, and only a couple of sizes, I can remove almost everything with 4 different sizes of sockets instead of a mixture of allen, torx, 12-point and hex.

Chief

hogasm

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2007, 05:31:42 PM »

One side benefit of replacing all the hardware that I stumbled onto, is now I need to carry far fewer tools on the road.

Since all of the bolt heads are now 12-point, and only a couple of sizes, I can remove almost everything with 4 different sizes of sockets instead of a mixture of allen, torx, 12-point and hex.

Chief

Chief I agree with the fewer tools.  I have replaced all the bolts on my 04 with 12 point from Alloyboltz. The only 4 that I can't get are the ones for the shocks. When you remove the bags and see those old bolts........man OCD hit me hard this winter.

Were you able to get the right bolts for the shocks?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 20 queries.