Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Tempted by Indian  (Read 24020 times)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
Tempted by Indian
« on: May 28, 2015, 01:58:40 PM »

Just on a a whim I stopped in the new dealer for Indian in Knoxville and what do i see when i walk in??? A custom paint 1957 Chevy blue and white Vintage. SOB it was eye catching and i said out loud that I liked it. The wife said it was a girls color and my buddy(male) said he liked it to. I could not get that bike out of my mind all day long. It is five days later and I am still researching it. My wife said she hoped I was not seriously considering it and I said not. Maybe I lied? :-\

What experience have you all had with this new bike from Polaris?  BTW the reviewers did complain about fading leather, hard seats and a noisy valve train. Sure it's not really a Harrley? :D

ultrarider123

Re: Tempted by Indian
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 02:37:32 PM »

Just on a a whim I stopped in the new dealer for Indian in Knoxville and what do i see when i walk in??? A custom paint 1957 Chevy blue and white Vintage. SOB it was eye catching and i said out loud that I liked it. The wife said it was a girls color and my buddy(male) said he liked it to. I could not get that bike out of my mind all day long. It is five days later and I am still researching it. My wife said she hoped I was not seriously considering it and I said not. Maybe I lied? :-\

What experience have you all had with this new bike from Polaris?  BTW the reviewers did complain about fading leather, hard seats and a noisy valve train. Sure it's not really a Harrley? :D

They do have some nice rides in the new shop, Doc.  That Blue/white is a purdy scooter....caught my eye, too.  However, Vickie said the same thing to me (that's a girl color... :) ) but I do like the new Indian scooters.  I find it amusing that the same folks that scoff at the Indian's stating they are too vintage/old/dated then proceed outside to ride off on their HDs which have basically stayed the same over how many years now?  To each his own, I imagine.  Polaris did a great job on the Indian line of bike, IMO.
As for the issues on fading items and noise, have not heard much on that.  Same could be said of.....well, you know what I'm a'gonna say..... ::)  :2vrolijk_21:

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 02:41:06 PM »

I almost said yes to this one:

Makes you look younger, Cam..... ;D

You sure do well with the photo shop dealie.  That picture is great

That is one good looking color combo with the tan seats/bags.  Would be tempting........ :2vrolijk_21:

mark

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 07:42:11 PM »

I'm still waiting for a larger dealer network.  I live on the GA coast and the closest dealers are near Charleston, SC, and Daytona.  A six hr round trip for parts or service is a bit much.

akodust

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 09:37:59 PM »

Did anybody notice, all the bikes have the same color seats :nixweiss: What's up with that!! I wonder how long the form of those bags will last. Hopefully longer than the Harley heritiage seat. Bikes look good, other than that :2vrolijk_21:
Been riding for over 40 Years.
16 CVO Limited-Bought 9/16.
16 Vrod-Sold
09 CVO Ultra-Sold***09 Ultra-Root Beer-Sold
07 Electra Glide Standard***05 Heritage-Sold
05 Heritage

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 10:21:50 PM »

Do they come standard with a full face helmet that has a dark tinted
visor?
I wouldn't want to be recognized while riding one!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 10:27:35 PM »

I was leaning hard toward :indian_chief:! then I laid eyes on a hard candy mercury. :love:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 10:46:05 PM »

Do they come standard with a full face helmet that has a dark tinted
visor?
I wouldn't want to be recognized while riding one!
that's not funny! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :nixweiss:

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 11:25:10 PM »

I wouldn't trade my 97 Springer even up for an Indian! The green & cream is fugly!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:12:42 AM by danner55 »
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

Schnobel

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 aka The Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 11:34:44 PM »

Polaris builds good products. I had a Victory back in 1999 and it was a very solid bike. My friend bought one last year and he loves it.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 05:50:16 AM »

Indian just not for me no mater what the color combo is.
DND

ptnlinda

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 08:55:15 AM »

I find it interesting that everyone is getting excited about these Indians. Yes they look good but they are not the real deal. What you have is a company, Polaris who purchased the name and are now producing the bikes under that name. Where is the heritage? At least with a Harley it has been in constant production by the same manufacturer for 112 years. It's not just Indians but Triumphs and Nortons as well. If you want a bike with real heritage there is only the genuine Harley.
2015 FLHTKSE
Fuel Moto Jackpot Headers
2" Muffler Cores
Thunder Max ECM
Detachable's Kit
Stainless Fasteners throughout.

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 09:04:16 AM »

I find it interesting that everyone is getting excited about these Indians. Yes they look good but they are not the real deal. What you have is a company, Polaris who purchased the name and are now producing the bikes under that name. Where is the heritage? At least with a Harley it has been in constant production by the same manufacturer for 112 years. It's not just Indians but Triumphs and Nortons as well. If you want a bike with real heritage there is only the genuine Harley.

Well said! :2vrolijk_21:
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 12:25:04 PM »

I have never been able to understand why people think this Polaris has anything to do with a Indian motorcycle they quite making in 1952, this is the same deal as the CMC (California Motorcycle Company bikes which were HD clones with S&S engines that suddenly became Indians). AND we all have opinions, but this green bike in the above photos is so UGLY I can not imagine riding it, even with a dark tint full face.

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 12:43:52 PM »

AMen on that, I really don't see a big deal either, I have a friend that just traded his Roadglide in on a Roadmaster, Not impressed at all but the good news is its his not mine so it really doesn't matter. And IMO Harley's are the deal....but thats me :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.