Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Tempted by Indian  (Read 24072 times)

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Re: Tempted by Indian
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2015, 12:33:30 PM »

Me?  I would be tempted by this one... but my wife is against letting me bring one home...

Happy Friday!!
Love the FLESHY Saddle.  Would make the humps less boney rocky ...  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2015, 08:00:39 PM »

I think I need to add an Indian to the stable. Dont see another HD I want

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2015, 08:09:03 PM »

I like Harley and appreciate "heritage" but a motorcycle is a thing that rides down the road not an idea or philosophy.

Exactly! You ever seen anyone go into a dealer and say "I really like this bike, but can you show me the history and heritage of the company before I make a decision?". I really respect the Harley heritage and love the bikes. But at the end of the day if you can make a great looking bike that's dependable and rides good, I could really care less about the heritage or where your company has been. No reason to be insecure or have a chip on your shoulder about things like that.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2015, 09:43:47 PM »

Congrats on your purchase and it should make you a fine ride.

I was able to take a Vintage for a spin last month and really enjoyed the ride. Very tempting. But...I have a 2016 Road Glide special ( non CVO) on order through military auto sales so I decided to rent a 2015 while my Ultra was in the shop getting a new rear tire. Two days and 750 miles, I'm diggin' it big time. Also liked the fact that having my bike in the shop allowed a 60% rental fee reduction. Still cost a boat load but hey it was my only riding time since last year. And until 2016 now that I think about it. Holy crap. Guess I'm a wannabe.

Maybe I'll  consider it next time around if I can find a decent job in the US after I finish working overseas. I want to see some mods done first, just not really feeling the body style. Sure runs out nice though.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:29:30 AM by CVOThunder »
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2015, 09:12:45 AM »

Was on a ride out West last week and was talking to a fellow on a new Indian. The regular old "How you like it" crap. He said he had rode Harley's all his life and really liked the Indian. I mentioned it was probably good too loose the heat to which he said "Nope, that's one thing that is worse." So, I might as well stop hunting a better mousetrap.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2015, 11:03:27 AM »

Was on a ride out West last week and was talking to a fellow on a new Indian. The regular old "How you like it" crap. He said he had rode Harley's all his life and really liked the Indian. I mentioned it was probably good too loose the heat to which he said "Nope, that's one thing that is worse." So, I might as well stop hunting a better mousetrap.

There is no heatless gas powered bike. The Indian does produce plenty of felt rider heat due to the larger motor and close proximity to rider thighs. The coolest bike I have is the CVO Fatbob because it has no lowers and goes so fast the heat is always behind me. :D

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2015, 06:38:43 PM »

Out west and you didn't stop by or call me .. hmm.hmm.hmm.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.