Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10  All

Author Topic: I now see why The Motor Company is in trouble  (Read 33503 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: I now see why The Motor Company is in trouble
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2015, 03:35:21 PM »

Hey Mike, if you ever break down down close to me here's all the road side assistance card you'll ever need  :2vrolijk_21: .

Thanks Don, I'll keep that card close by. Just one question, Do I have be broke down?
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2015, 03:39:38 PM »

Thanks Don, I'll keep that card close by. Just one question, Do I have be broke down?
Mike

Nah, f$%* it; you don't even have to be named Mike :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2015, 03:41:38 PM »

Hey Dawg, you recognize that pic?  It's an oldie from 2005 :drink: .

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2015, 03:51:56 PM »

Hey Dawg, you recognize that pic?  It's an oldie from 2005 :drink: .

Sure do Don!!!! At the factory and I took my 2002 Fireman's Ultra that day.  I left there and went to Zippers that day. I believe I had a problem with the Thundermax on Ole  Punkin. Good time for sure!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2015, 03:55:55 PM »

Sure do Don!!!! At the factory and I took my 2002 Fireman's Ultra that day.  I left there and went to Zippers that day. I believe I had a problem with the Thundermax on Ole  Punkin. Good time for sure!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

And it was a COLD ride in for you over the mountain that morning.  I remember the ride up from Maggie Valley for Bill and I the day before.  Whole day in the 30s and low 40s and we froze our nuts off.  The bikes loved it.  Our nuts did not.  Damn that was a fun trip that year.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2015, 03:58:22 PM »

I have stayed out of this discussion for a reason, but now I enter it with a new observation.
I can't believe anyone really thinks the Motor Company gives a good chit about their customers.
In the years I have been on this thread I have seen complaints on just about everything CVO and Harley related problems. I have been asked by a HD factory representative what it would take for me to buy a new CVO. ( This happened in MV a few years ago. ) My main answer was when the MOCO starts to care about their customers and not just the $$$$. I still have my 1999 Road Glide and have no plans to get rid of it. NO WARRANTY and happy.
Now as far as the subject of Dawgs problem, they did not put a time limit on it and in South Carolina that means NO F**KING TIME LIMIT PERIOD. The MOCO would have to honor the extension. Then I would hit them with the LEMON law.
So my next bike is going to be an OCC Chopper, NOT!  :'(
Mike

Mike it's the same in Maryland. The problem is no one challenges the Motor Company in a Court of Law. I still may. Not because it's a big ticket item, but because of the principal of the problem. I am tired of hearing about all of the problems on here. Some get resolved and others don't. And this is just with CVO's. Believe me I hear about the other trash they put out here on the street as well from a friend.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2015, 04:01:30 PM »

And it was a COLD ride in for you over the mountain that morning.  I remember the ride up from Maggie Valley for Bill and I the day before.  Whole day in the 30s and low 40s and we froze our nuts off.  The bikes loved it.  Our nuts did not.  Damn that was a fun trip that year.

I love riding in all weather. But it was so cold that morning when I stopped at McDonalds in New Oxford I couldn't get my hands to stop shaking. Good memories though!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2015, 06:25:41 PM »

[/color]

Well for those who know me know I am being very calm right now. You are correct, it doesn't matter how many CVO's or what else I own. I worked for and earned every penny of it!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
right on

Just because I own a lot of things I work hard for, someone should not honor their warranty?  That is the most idiotic thing I have heard.  That is called jealousy.  You should really check that at the door. 

As I type this my serg is sitting in my garage with other bikes, atvs cars etc.  I am actually sipping on a fine beer that is brewed in small batches in Quebec, in my 45 ft diesel pusher motor home.   I guess no warranties apply to me.   maybe when I get to my home in Florida, I can check down there.   DAWG,  I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU BROTHER.   fight them to the end.  Peace out with all your toys, you earned them.  Just as I did with my family.
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2015, 06:29:29 PM »

Bet that beer tasted goooood. Carry on as said if you earned what you got, good for you. If you didn't earn it at least I hope you take care of what you have.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2015, 09:26:18 PM »

right on

Just because I own a lot of things I work hard for, someone should not honor their warranty?  That is the most idiotic thing I have heard.  That is called jealousy.  You should really check that at the door. 

As I type this my serg is sitting in my garage with other bikes, atvs cars etc.  I am actually sipping on a fine beer that is brewed in small batches in Quebec, in my 45 ft diesel pusher motor home.   I guess no warranties apply to me.   maybe when I get to my home in Florida, I can check down there.   DAWG,  I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU BROTHER.   fight them to the end.  Peace out with all your toys, you earned them.  Just as I did with my family.

Thanks Kojack!!!! I have not given up as of yet.

Hope you enjoyed your beer. I was sippin on a little 12 year old George Dickel!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2015, 04:50:20 AM »

It was great.  Go check them out,  I know you can buy it in florida.  It's called dominius vobiscum sasaion.   Its like the 12 year old single malts of  beer.
per
I also have a bottle of Sam Adams Utopias we enjoy on occasion.   Google that one.   It's awesome!.

As for the rest,  I have worked hard since I was 16,  and I am now 38 going on 39 in November.   I sold my commercial construction/fire and water restoration business last year,  and I am setting up my motorcycle maintenance, performance, and customising shop.   Finally working at something I love instead of something I have to do. 

I am getting a few big names on board as well from different areas on motorcycles and snowmobiles.   

I have the shop on my house property so I just walk to work now,  I don't have to answer to anyone and I LOVE spinning wrenches.

Mavericks RC
MFFM