Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Having Second thoughts.. SEUltra or  SERK  (Read 13724 times)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
Re: Having Second thoughts.. SEUltra or  SERK
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2007, 02:28:38 AM »

I LIKE THE BLACK ROADKING AND THATS IT PLS CLOSE THE SUBJECT !!!!

LOL just joking but was serious about the roadking.Never ridden the ultras long enough tough. [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2007, 03:24:04 AM »

When my husband was looking to buy a SEEG in 03, he just kept calling HD stores starting closest to home and spread out, till he found one that would sell him one for MSRP.  If you can't find the one you want - hang on a tiny bit more, and find out what is going to be offered for 08.  The experience with late release bikes the past few years is that a flood of them get delivered right at the end of the year, so I would not loose hope at finding an UC, if indeed this is the decision you have made. Follow you own heart and you will always be right.   ;)

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

:-/

Man oh man, I am now thinking I may want the Ultra vs. the Road King.  I keep going back and looking at both and for a few grand more, I could get the ultimate touring bike.  I called my dealer (great guy) and he said that they will probably not be getting anymore SE Ultras this year  (or maybe very late in the MY) even though they are getting ready to move in to a new store in March.  I refuse to pay over MSRP.  I still have my SERK on order, but now feel I must at least explore the possibilities of getting an Ultra.

If I do decide to change my mind (too much time from the time I sent in my deposit until receipt ;D) can any of you recommend a GREAT dealer that I could get one from?  I would want the Black or the Red, and not the blue. It would probably have to be a phone transaction if it is too far away.  Is it possible to buy one and have it drop shipped to my local dealer for the mods?    It would have to be a dealer that one of you would really trust to do the right thing.

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]HELP

'
If you want a convertable on two wheels go with the Ultra .... if you want a motorcycle then go with the SERK ...JMHO

Bama
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 09:42:27 AM by BamaHarleyDude »
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2007, 09:48:10 AM »

I will put my vote in for Ultra Classic...not that means a RK is the wrong choice...I just went to a bagger a few years ago and would never go back...I even was looking a SE Springer the other day and was told by a Sale Person that would be a great around the town bike...that got me thinking...conclusion is...I love my bike around town too. I just couldnt see going back.

The other thing to consider is passenger comfort for long trips...my wife wouldnt ride on my last bike and now rides with me some and my kids line up to go on rides with me. Took my daughter to MV last year...best week of our life. If I didnt have the ultra...this would have never happened. Just some other things to consider.

What ever choice you make it will be the right one!!!  Good luck on your quest.

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2007, 09:57:19 AM »

Oh yeah...

My dealer might have a Ultra coming in this spring...that isnt spoken for...
PM if you want their number? Its about 10 hours from here to Dallas...perfect for the break in ride?

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »

This is going to be a biased opinion but I think you would be much happier w/the Ultra. Seems the majority that has ridden bikes w/fairings and all the other amenities offered w/the full fairing bikes have seemed to stick with them. My SEEG was the first bike I ever rode that had all of these and I purposely kept it that way because I knew once I rode a bike w/all these creature comforts nothing else would/could compare. I do like the ability of the different looks I can have w/my bike... No tourpak, chopped tourpak, king tourpak, no backrest, backrest. I think all these different looks make it seem like I have several bikes. The fact that you are second guessing yourself now tells me you may want to go with the Ultra. Good luck on your decision.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2007, 10:19:21 AM »

'
If you want a convertable on two wheels go with the Ultra .... if you want a motorcycle then go with the SERK ...JMHO

Bama

I guess there are others that feel the same way as me! John, you buy what's gonna make you happy. Nothing else really matters! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2007, 10:24:19 AM »

Cobalt, being a N. Tx resident myself, I feel your pain concerning the MSRP purchase.  In August of 05 when I was shopping for an 06 SEUC, I called all over the great state of TX.  The only two dealers I found that would commit to a MSRP deal was your current dealer, and the one in Big Spring. Both, by the way, are long time family owned. The only problem was they don't get many CVO bikes.  My final decision was to shop around out of state for the next best deal.  I had three legal pads full of phone #'s, prices, etc.  When all was said and done, it was cheaper to pay 1K over MSRP locally, than it was to buy at MSRP out of state, considering the travel time and shipping costs. Availablity was another huge factor. For obvious reasons, those with the best price, had the longest waiting lists. Sure enough, after I had purchased mine, people here would post that a Black SEUC was available somewhere at MSRP cause the depositor had backed out for some reason.
  I would also vote for the Ultra Classic.  So much more comfort, and most likely, won't be available next year, so the values should hold up fairly well.
 BTW, where do you go boating?  We have a Ski Centurian and spend time on the Brazos River at Whitney.  Later and good luck. Whatever you decide, we will have to get together and ride sometime.

Later, Robert
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

cigarmike

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2007, 10:33:10 AM »

When I got my '06 SEEG, I had a custom road king and said Id never get rid of it, and that I would use it for the local bar trip etc..........negative. It sat, and is now long gone.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2007, 10:45:10 AM »

Hey Bama,
don't you have an SEUC coming in that is not taken or did you sell it?
 [smiley=cherry.gif]

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2007, 10:54:04 AM »

Can always wait for the '08 SERG!!  Bet its going to be top dawg!   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Bagger

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2007, 10:55:46 AM »

CBM, I'm going to have to add my "me too" and parrot what most others are saying.  You cannot go wrong with an Ultra.  You get a machine on which you can travel from coast to coast with the capability to take transport everything you need..........to include your better half..........in all day long comfort and style, AND at the same time, you can tailor the machine to be a great "putt around town" scooter.

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »

Cobalt, being a N. Tx resident myself, I feel your pain concerning the MSRP purchase.  In August of 05 when I was shopping for an 06 SEUC, I called all over the great state of TX.  The only two dealers I found that would commit to a MSRP deal was your current dealer, and the one in Big Spring. Both, by the way, are long time family owned. The only problem was they don't get many CVO bikes.  My final decision was to shop around out of state for the next best deal.  I had three legal pads full of phone #'s, prices, etc.  When all was said and done, it was cheaper to pay 1K over MSRP locally, than it was to buy at MSRP out of state, considering the travel time and shipping costs. Availablity was another huge factor. For obvious reasons, those with the best price, had the longest waiting lists. Sure enough, after I had purchased mine, people here would post that a Black SEUC was available somewhere at MSRP cause the depositor had backed out for some reason.
  I would also vote for the Ultra Classic.  So much more comfort, and most likely, won't be available next year, so the values should hold up fairly well.
 BTW, where do you go boating?  We have a Ski Centurian and spend time on the Brazos River at Whitney.  Later and good luck. Whatever you decide, we will have to get together and ride sometime.

Later, Robert

Robert,

Thanks for the info.  I know what you mean about adding the additional expense to the  MSRP, but I just cannot bring myself to pay over MSRP. I have some great leads thanks to the fine folks on this site. I'll keep y'all up to speed on how we are doing.

As for boating, you are probably aware that most of the lakes here are pretty low.  I keep my boat on Lake Grapevine at one of the local marinas. It usually stays on a lift in a slip, but I took it out in late October to get some work done on her and have not put her back on due to the crappy conditions of the ramps.  I have her tucked away in a great indoor storeage facililty in Lake Dallas until the water levels come back to useable.  If they don't, then I may sell her in the Spring. :'(  Hate to do it, but we just do not use it enough!!
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2007, 11:32:42 AM »

Damm Silver Black I must be going through a middle age crisis traded a Street Glide for a CVO springer ,you think I need help???

No Skippy

I KNOW you need help!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2007, 12:12:17 PM »

Robert,

Thanks for the info.  I know what you mean about adding the additional expense to the  MSRP, but I just cannot bring myself to pay over MSRP. I have some great leads thanks to the fine folks on this site. I'll keep y'all up to speed on how we are doing.

As for boating, you are probably aware that most of the lakes here are pretty low.  I keep my boat on Lake Grapevine at one of the local marinas. It usually stays on a lift in a slip, but I took it out in late October to get some work done on her and have not put her back on due to the crappy conditions of the ramps.  I have her tucked away in a great indoor storeage facililty in Lake Dallas until the water levels come back to useable.  If they don't, then I may sell her in the Spring. :'(  Hate to do it, but we just do not use it enough!!
Cobaltman,
No flame intended towards you here, but my wife would say your sticking to MSRP regardless of what extra costs you might have to incur to get MSRP, is like me driving 30 miles out of my way to save $.03 a gallon on fuel.  I spend more money to "save" some just to satisfy my reasoning that I got the cheapest gas in the area.  I guess if you pay MSRP for a bike you can stand by the principal that you never pay more than MSRP for anything, but if you paid two thousand dollars more for shipping, fuel costs for driving to that remote dealership, possibly higher taxes if you go out of state, is it worth sticking to I will only pay MSRP?  I felt the same way, but I wanted an 07 CVO Ultra, and if the MoCo follows it's it's previous pattern, this is the second year of the CVO Ultra and we won't see one offered again for about 4 years, so I called around what I considered a resonalble distance for me to travel to get one...all the dealers, with the exception of the one I bought mine from, had their allocation spoken for.  The dealership I bought mine from charges $1K over MSRP for the CVOs.   Even though I paid 1K over, they gave me almost 1K more on trade-in for my '02 than I expected.   I did what I had to do to get my Ultra.  I could have went to Minnesota and gotten one at MSRP, but with the expense of flying up there, driving it back and the costs incurred with that, I would have spent that extra $1K easily, just so I could say I got it at MSRP?   To me weighing out the "incidental costs" of going to a distant dealership just for MSRP, just isn't worth the "bragging rights" to say you never pay more than MSRP for a Harley.  I'm not defending the dealerships that sell CVOs for over MSRP, but this is America, and if people are willing to pay it, they will charge it.  It may be the difference in you getting a machine or not....just some thoughts.  Good luck in whichever way you decide to go.

cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.