Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Recommendations for new Road Glide CVO torque upgrade?  (Read 22839 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Recommendations for new Road Glide CVO torque upgrade?
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2016, 08:19:54 PM »

So for future reference can the TTS tuner be easily removed without a trace if I end up wanting to have it dialled in?
Obviously the SS race tuner can't since it reports its presence to the ECM.

The device isn't installed, just the map (calibration file).  When you download the new map to the ECM, the device stores the map already in the ECM.  If something happens and you need to take the bike in for repairs, you can easily reinstall the map that was saved, and everything will appear to be the same as when they handed you the keys and payment book at the beginning.  And you're right, that isn't the case with the SEPST, and even if you did reinstall the previous map Harley could tell a SEPST had been used.

Stick with your latest plan (except the mufflers, go with what the experts here suggested) and have them download the factory approved map.  Then find a good independent dyno tuner and see about having a real tune performed using the TTS.  If you have specific questions about the TTS Master Tune system, the guy who created it is on this site and can answer your questions in a special section created just for that purpose.  His name is Steve Cole and you can contact him in this board:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?board=72.0

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

KVSteve

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2016 FTLRUSE
    • ON

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2016, 09:08:38 PM »

I think you made some good choices Steve. It's really difficult to separate the chicken salad from the chicken sh... well we know how that ends. I agree that you should switch to the better muffler, other than that go ride that bike!

Congrats on the new ride, I think you're going to love it.

Thanks.

It's very easy to get caught up in the numbers game striving for the perfect Dyno plot.
A little honest reflection and the truth is I have been happy with a stock Victory 106 (with slash open headers that likely hurt not help).
My buddies 110 was stronger stock with true dual Rineharts.
The 117 I figure has to be a couple steps up from that so I'll be more than happy with it and likely don't need to push it any more.

Time will tell but I'm able to throw a tuner on it anytime for minimal cash.
I think I make the right decision for my riding style and I've got the building blocks for more performance should I want to go that route.

Emailed parts to change my order to the Tridents thanks to Steve and the rest here for thier input and saving me from wasting cash on the HO!

Cheers!
CVO Road Glide Ultra Ruby Red/Palladium Silver
117 bolt on kit
Crusher Trident mufflers
Crusher Powercell header

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2016, 09:11:45 PM »

I ride with a guy that has a Victory 106. My 110 tuned is a bit stronger, but it's not huge and in the end we all get where we are going at the same time. ;)
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

KVSteve

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2016 FTLRUSE
    • ON

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2016, 09:15:18 PM »

...we all get where we are going at the same time. ;)
Touche!
117 bolt on kit
Crusher Trident mufflers
Crusher Powercell header

KVSteve

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2016 FTLRUSE
    • ON

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2016, 08:57:37 AM »

Does the TTS Master Tune report it's presence to the ECM like the SE tuners do?
In other words, can you use it then put it back to a stock flash if you want to go in for service without the mother ship knowing there was a tuner used?
117 bolt on kit
Crusher Trident mufflers
Crusher Powercell header

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2016, 09:00:36 AM »

In other words, can you use it then put it back to a stock flash if you want to go in for service without the mother ship knowing there was a tuner used?

Yes, that the beauty of it. Dealer won't know once you put "stock" tune back on.

And..... They will check it out.

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2016, 12:05:41 PM »

See my previous post.  If you want to hear it from the horse's mouth, go to that board I mentioned ask Steve Cole.  He is very familiar with the Harley product as well as his own.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2016, 12:10:50 PM »

Yes and no that ONLY works if the bike has never been flashed, the TTS does not know what cal is saves only that it saves what is in the ECM.. SO if it is the stock cal then yes its saves that but if the bike has been flashed by a dealer or with a tuner then no you cannot go back to stock. Now if you where to have the ECM flashed back to stock and then load the TTS well now you have the stock cal again .
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

KVSteve

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2016 FTLRUSE
    • ON

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2016, 01:17:01 PM »

Yes and no that ONLY works if the bike has never been flashed, the TTS does not know what cal is saves only that it saves what is in the ECM.. SO if it is the stock cal then yes its saves that but if the bike has been flashed by a dealer or with a tuner then no you cannot go back to stock. Now if you where to have the ECM flashed back to stock and then load the TTS well now you have the stock cal again .

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe I will need to go back to the stock 110 map, only back to the way it sits when I take delivery.  That would be with the 117 kit and a flash done by the dealer. They are saying the map they flash (from Harley) will be 100% warranty friendly so if I drop a TTS tuner in and have it tuned at a shop I will be able to swap back to the saved map for service then Back to the performance tune when I get it back home.

Only trouble I could get into is a breakdown away from home where a dealer would check the ECM map.

Just  thing I will keep in the back of my mind should I  feel the need for more power. 
117 bolt on kit
Crusher Trident mufflers
Crusher Powercell header

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2016, 01:43:17 PM »

The map that the TTS would save is whatever is in the ECM when you first use the TTS, as GMR Steve explained.  Since the dealer is going to flash the ECM with the street legal map that corresponds to that 117 kit, that is the map you would want to save and reinstall if needed, not the original factory stock map.  You don't want the original factory stock map, since the engine is no longer factory stock.

Jerry

KVSteve

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2016 FTLRUSE
    • ON

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2016, 03:24:52 PM »

The map that the TTS would save is whatever is in the ECM when you first use the TTS, as GMR Steve explained.  Since the dealer is going to flash the ECM with the street legal map that corresponds to that 117 kit, that is the map you would want to save and reinstall if needed, not the original factory stock map.  You don't want the original factory stock map, since the engine is no longer factory stock.

Jerry

That's as I understood it, thanks for confirming.
117 bolt on kit
Crusher Trident mufflers
Crusher Powercell header

KVSteve

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2016 FTLRUSE
    • ON

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2016, 09:25:12 PM »

Hi Guys.

Just took delivery of my '16 FLRUSE yesterday with the 117 bolt-on kit and Kuryakyn power ell with Trident slipons.
No tune just stock ECM download.
Will try to attach dyno sheet from my phone.

Nothing special as far as dyno numbers go but it's better than a stock 110 I suppose and I still have warranty.

First off I have to say I love the sound of the Crushers, thanks for the forum guidance in selecting these.

As for how it performs... Put 300 miles on it so far and overall it pulls pretty hard.
Definite improvement over my buddies 110 road glide CVO and I am glad I went with the kit on delivery. This was the first kit this dealer has installed and they were raving about how much better it pulled over the 110s.

It pulls hard off the line through all gears
top gear roll ons from about 55mph pulls strong enough for passing without downshifting most cases. Dropping down a gear it digs in hard so no trouble passing anything out them there.

Overall I'm quite satisfied with what this kit delivers power wise and I think I can live with it the way it is.
Would be cool to have  a sweeter looking dyno plot but this is very rideable as is.

117 bolt on kit
Crusher Trident mufflers
Crusher Powercell header

twinotter

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2016, 11:54:11 PM »

Only my opinion, but if I was the HD dealer I'd be ashamed to release a dyno sheet for a 117 engine, running 259 cams, V&H Power Duals and Crusher exhaust.
You need to get your bike to a competent tuner, install a TTS tuner and have the bike actually tuned. I've never seen a 117 run those low numbers with anything like a good tune.
I have the independant start by doing a compression check to verify the numbers are suitable for 259 cams.
I had a 95" motor that made those numbers with much milder cams and headwork.
I strongly suspect the "tune" "can map" is either wrong or extremely lean with timing completely wrong. It should easily make 115hp/120 t minimum imo. jm2cw fwiw  twinotter

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2016, 07:39:14 AM »

Only my opinion, but if I was the HD dealer I'd be ashamed to release a dyno sheet for a 117 engine, running 259 cams, V&H Power Duals and Crusher exhaust.
You need to get your bike to a competent tuner, install a TTS tuner and have the bike actually tuned. I've never seen a 117 run those low numbers with anything like a good tune.
I have the independant start by doing a compression check to verify the numbers are suitable for 259 cams.
I had a 95" motor that made those numbers with much milder cams and headwork.
I strongly suspect the "tune" "can map" is either wrong or extremely lean with timing completely wrong. It should easily make 115hp/120 t minimum imo. jm2cw fwiw  twinotter

That's right. Your numbers are waaay low!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 07:43:28 AM by RoadDawg »
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2016 SE Streetglide
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2016, 08:51:26 AM »

I just pulled 100hp and 111tq out of a stock 110 with Vance and Hines power duals and OS 450's. There is a huge dip in your torque curve between 2000 and 2500 RPM. It will be night and day with a good tune.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 24 queries.