Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: EZ Pass placement  (Read 24380 times)

DOOFUS

Re: EZ Pass placement
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 04:14:10 PM »

I'm betting the "DOOFUSES" who run & work the tolls around here have not thought of this solution !!!! Nice idea ILL !!!

Quick tip that might work for some...

In Illinois, you can register your motorcycle license plate on the same account and transponder you have for your car.  By doing so, when you go through the automatic toll booths, it reads the plate, and takes the toll off your car account - even if you don't have the transponder.  Same principle as when the transponder battery goes bad. It will just check if the plate is registered to an account and if so, it will subtract from that account, instead of citing a violation.  I've never had a transponder with me, and it always charges my account properly. I also put my kids plates on my single account too and that works fine.

Now, the only potential problem is, if you go to a manual lane, with a person in there, I don't think they can look up plates. So they will force you to pay to open the gate. If there's not a gate, just zipping through a manned booth will probably case you some issues of the Barney Fife variety, so just make sure you go through the Zoom lanes, and nothing with a person and/or a gate.

Works in Illinois at least.

ultraroad

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 04:38:33 PM »

In Florida they have two types of Sun Pass  a mini one which is a great deal appx $4 and the regular size appx $25 for the unit, when you phone in or go on line to activate them they have a recorded message that advises you  that the mini unit will not work on motorcycles, something to do with the Lexan. One more expense lol.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 05:59:44 PM »

I put my ezpass in a NASCAR ticket lanyard and just hold it up as I cruise through the toll.

My Wife keeps her's in a leather tank pouch.

Both seem to work fine.

eleft36

• Full CVO Member
  • Senior Rider
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 07:33:17 PM »

The line of sight is not necessary.

When I ordered my NJ passes/tags I was billed for going through the exit 13 toll 2 days before FedEx delivered them.

I called EZ pass and the gal explained the error as the unit was not in the plastic static bag and it registered when the truck carrying it went through the toll lane.

Mine is in the windshield pouch, no problems.

Also, towing a trailer, when it's registered with EZ pass is charge from it's plate number on record. Truck plus axles on the trailer.

Al
2010 CVO 110" Conv. Exhaust, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Adapted H-D Engine Guard, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990 Leather Works Inc. Bags with Deluxe modified guards, H-D Windshield, Thunder Max A/T, '05 CVO Tour Pac, SCRC Chapter 524

admccrea

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 07:58:44 PM »

I put this holder on my windshield when i need to go thru a toll ( I usuall try to avoid toll roads)
less than $7 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/E-Squared-EZ-Clip-Electronic-EZ-Pass-Holder/dp/B0007N20GM

CVORick

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »

Florida is just like Illinois.  Register your bike tag to your SunPass(EZ Pass) and you do not have to have it on your bike on "State" toll roads as they take a picture and check to see if there is an associated SunPass, but you will need it on county toll roads like in Orlando.  Ask me how I know?  You will have to call the county and have the tolls credited, for a fee, but at least you don't have to pay the fines, which are very high.
TTS Mastertune - Doc's Performance Tuning
Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
HD Bluetooth BOMM
Zumo 590LM with TPMS
Motolights with LEDs'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
LED Headlight & Driving Lights from HD

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 10:20:08 AM »

Put my EZ Pass on the inside of my TP lid. I only use the TP for the longer road trips. Rest of the time it resides on the inside pocket of the jacket.

todd22

• CVO1: 2006 SE fatboy
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 03:31:18 PM »

My sunpass (florida) works fine in my leather pouch or my jacket pocket.   I've have also read that the minipasses won't work without a glass windshield

DOOFUS

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 03:55:19 PM »

Heh, that does look nice

I have this on my 04 road king.. Also little more chrome for the bike.. Quality piece...

http://www.qualitymachinecompany.com/cycleproducts.htm

Works great...

redrum

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 10:39:17 PM »

HEY I've been using ez pass for years I keep it in the windshield pouch always works in fact works too good
going to sturgis last year towing bike on trailer ez pass got read at every toll booth going and coming cost me $83.00
in extra tolls

RK2K

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 11:12:16 PM »

I velcroed mine inside the saddlebag lid, works fine here in the land of turnpikes, Oklahoma.
Kuryakyn Crusher Duals
CFR Slipons
TTI Mastertune

cwright2

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 04:36:25 PM »

in California you just need to register your bike license plate with fast-track that's in your car. no problems.

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 05:43:02 PM »

when the inspection sticker triggers non compliance.....

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 10:55:50 PM »

I have mine ty-wrapped on top of the radio inside the bat-wing.  faces same angle and direction as the one mounted to the windshield of my truck.  Works every time.  I also have the motorcycle specific tag.  I can post pictures if anyone desires.  Just have to wait until I pull the faring cover for some other reason.
Spada84
NoSofa!

cochise84

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 09:27:31 AM »

Take a look at the easy holder,   find it at easyholder.com
Don't know about you guys with fairings, but will work on most bikes without.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.433 seconds with 20 queries.