Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: EZ Pass placement  (Read 24381 times)

eleft36

• Full CVO Member
  • Senior Rider
Re: EZ Pass placement
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 05:35:41 PM »

HEY I've been using ez pass for years I keep it in the windshield pouch always works in fact works too good
going to sturgis last year towing bike on trailer ez pass got read at every toll booth going and coming cost me $83.00
in extra tolls

It needs to be in the bag it came in, not to register. The one that looks like an anti static bag computer parts come in.
 Happy new Year,
Al
2010 CVO 110" Conv. Exhaust, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Adapted H-D Engine Guard, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990 Leather Works Inc. Bags with Deluxe modified guards, H-D Windshield, Thunder Max A/T, '05 CVO Tour Pac, SCRC Chapter 524

Cosmic Charlie

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 10:39:35 PM »

My pass works fine under my car mat, for years for that mater ...

I found that out by trying to use up some old tokens, I put the pass under my car mat, and when I stopped to pay, the toll lady said "all set - your speed pass registered"  & I still have the old tokens.

I just throw it in the bike fairing pocket and it works fine there as well. but it charges me for a car, not my bike ... no big deal ... I switch back & forth, 90% used for my car  (Avalanche LTZ actually)

2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange RG SE 110
D&D Boss Fat Cats with Ghost Pipe
CeeBaileysSuperStepContour14"
TTS Tuner
Ohlin's #3-3
J&M 7 1/4's & 250 amp
Utopia Drivers Back Rest

Nothing Left To Do But Smile Smile Smile

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 11:12:34 PM »

Nice choice for a truck Cosmic Charlie! I love the Avalanche,had one in 2004 and liked it so much I got another one in 2008.
Not too many toll roads in our area but they keep talking about tolls to pay for road/tunnel improvements. If they get it approved i guess I will need the ez pass some day.

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 06:55:06 AM »

when I travel... I stick it to my top of my helmet.

Works everytime.
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 01:30:05 AM »

Use this on 2 different autos and works fine inside  the SERK windshield: http://www.tagsak.com/index.htm

Maybe there is a CVO group buy in the future?  :huepfenjump3:

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »

Since this came up again I have since removed mine from inside the fairing.

The newer EZPAss readers are getting much better at picking up signals. Even picks up the bike in the toy hauler, with the fairing covered with aluminum foil and leather jackets.

Now if I have the tourpak on it just sits in there, if not in a saddlebag.

if you have your license plate assigned to the transponder you really don't even need it - the cameras will get you and deduct the toll.

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

yellowted

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 09:49:38 PM »

i wrap mine in a weather sack and just leave it in the front handlebar/fork bag year round.  i hope mine is still there.

andrew
2007 fxdse
2011 flhtc

Gunner

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Black
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 06:30:05 PM »

Mine is in the bag lid organizer (rear) of the left  saddle bag and I have never had an issue with it working. 

Tpsuydam

• CVO1: 2011 Streetglide
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »

It does get picked up in the bag.  I forgot I was packing mine once, and the machine wouldn't give me a ticket as it was picking up my pass, however, to be sure, I normally keep it in my jacket pocket.
2011 CVO Street Glide,  10.5:1 high compression pistons, 259E cams, Perfect Fit pushrods, hp clutch springs, SE Pro EFI Super Tuner, V&H Power Duals/HO SO's

Harlee-Htown

• Harlee-Htown

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Autumn Haze & Orange
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2011, 11:36:44 AM »

I have my EZ pass tag stuck underneath the right side top of both my '05 Road King and my '09 CVO Ultra.  It is stuck onto the front part of the bag lid (underneath).  They are out of the way and have always worked perfectly all the time.

Safe riding.....
2003 FLSTFI Sterling Silver & Vivid Black (sold)
2005 FLHRI  Black Cherry Pearl & Black Pearl

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »

Well this area is finally going to get tolls and the E-ZPass system...... :wall:

For those of you who have had to use the transponders do you have any updates on what works or doesn't work?

Quote from Virginia's website about motorcycle use....

26. Can I get an E-ZPass transponder for my motorcycle?

Yes. However, we do not currently have a transponder that is designed for use with motorcycles. The transponder is designed to function best at an angle, similar to the one created by the windshield of a passenger vehicle. A transponder mounted on a motorcycle is at the customer's "own risk and liability." Please call 1-877-762-7824 for additional information and assistance.

I wonder if the Virginia transponder is waterproof or could withstand motorcycle vibration?

Glenncarp

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2014, 06:16:45 PM »

Quick tip that might work for some...

In Illinois, you can register your motorcycle license plate on the same account and transponder you have for your car.  By doing so, when you go through the automatic toll booths, it reads the plate, and takes the toll off your car account - even if you don't have the transponder.  Same principle as when the transponder battery goes bad. It will just check if the plate is registered to an account and if so, it will subtract from that account, instead of citing a violation.  I've never had a transponder with me, and it always charges my account properly. I also put my kids plates on my single account too and that works fine.

Now, the only potential problem is, if you go to a manual lane, with a person in there, I don't think they can look up plates. So they will force you to pay to open the gate. If there's not a gate, just zipping through a manned booth will probably case you some issues of the Barney Fife variety, so just make sure you go through the Zoom lanes, and nothing with a person and/or a gate.

Works in Illinois at least.

Wow, forgot about the word EZpass since I left NJ 7 years ago. X2 on Sunpass, register bike plate with car on web page and they bill me for both vehicles. Was told that MC had to have mini transponder, paid $25 for it at local CVS and then was credited back $25 when I added transponder to account. have mini in left glove box, but not sue if it ever reads it as I already registered plate online. I guess I bought it just to CYA, it was free so why not

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2014, 09:26:02 PM »

Well this area is finally going to get tolls and the E-ZPass system...... :wall:

For those of you who have had to use the transponders do you have any updates on what works or doesn't work?

Quote from Virginia's website about motorcycle use....

26. Can I get an E-ZPass transponder for my motorcycle?

Yes. However, we do not currently have a transponder that is designed for use with motorcycles. The transponder is designed to function best at an angle, similar to the one created by the windshield of a passenger vehicle. A transponder mounted on a motorcycle is at the customer's "own risk and liability." Please call 1-877-762-7824 for additional information and assistance.

I wonder if the Virginia transponder is waterproof or could withstand motorcycle vibration?

My Old, Big EZpass lived inside the fairing for 5 years, Tywrapped on top of the radio.  Stopped triggering the tolls, and EZPass service center said that was a fairly normal life span.  Got the new one, about 1/3 the size, put in the same location.  Works great. 

The first one came with a note, saying to only use it on the motorcycle, as it was set up for one, as some tolls are different for bikes vs cars.  The Dulles Greenway used to be different, but have never taken the bike there.  The Chesapeake Expressway I use going to OBX.  Only .50 on the bike.  The new Toll Express lanes on 495 thru Tyson's Corners is free for MC, but all vehicles must have an EZPass.  I know that system is sophisticated enough to recognize a MC with a standard EZPass.  I had a loaner when mine was in the shop, and put my car pass in the windshield bag.  Checked my account when I got home, and showed my scans with 0 charge.
Spada84
NoSofa!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2014, 07:23:32 AM »

As of now, we don't have tolls in the Carolinas, that I know of. Paying to drive on a road that your tax dollars built has never made sense to me. Used to be a Yankee thing.....slowly becoming the norm.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2014, 07:06:45 PM »

I have been using this kuryakyn pouch for years......keep my ez-pass in the pouch in my saddle bag and when I think I might need it just strap the pouch to my handle bar.....works for me :)

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/2774/Universal-Accessory-Pouches

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.