Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: EZ Pass placement  (Read 24480 times)

JW

• Full CVO Member
EZ Pass placement
« on: March 31, 2007, 07:52:45 AM »

Any of you right coasters using an ez pass on your bike?  I would like to put it in the saddle bag but dont want to experiment with getting a ticket.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: EZ Pass placement
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 07:55:40 AM »

I have to admit to using an usightly windshield location...I dont keep one on the bike all the time, if I did, I would do what others have done and put it inside the fairing .

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 08:14:25 AM »

Any of you right coasters using an ez pass on your bike?  I would like to put it in the saddle bag but dont want to experiment with getting a ticket.

Hey mon, the EZ Pass must have visual sight of the sensors at the tolls. It won't get picked up in the saddlrbag. I put those ugly velcro things they give you, on the windshield, and keep it stuck there when travelling. Sometimes, I just keep it in my windshield pouch, and hold it up at tolls. But it must see the sensor.  Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:22:18 AM »

Hey mon, the EZ Pass must have visual sight of the sensors at the tolls. It won't get picked up in the saddlrbag. I put those ugly velcro things they give you, on the windshield, and keep it stuck there when travelling. Sometimes, I just keep it in my windshield pouch, and hold it up at tolls. But it must see the sensor.  Hoist! 8)

Shucks mon
2005 Cherry SEEG-

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 11:17:13 AM »

used mine for years.  on my heritage, I cut a little slot in the back of the windshield pouch. worked great.
my wife has a US Flag sticker on her windshield and keeps the EZpass behind it.

had my sister inlaw make me a small pouch with velcro straps, to put on the handlebars of my serk. works fine and stays hidden behind windshield, and is quickly removable.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 11:00:10 PM »

Stuck to the inside of the front fairing.

Works great including the high speed lanes.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 02:58:54 PM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 10:26:36 PM »

My Sunpass has been laying in the right lower compartment, inside a zip-lok bag for 2+ years with no problems. I use it weekly, it has never failed to work. Have a friend who rides as much as I do, his is inside the fairing on velcro above the headlamp, also no problems.
Apparently the plastic fairing/lower does not block the signal. You do have to replace the battery occassionally.

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 07:57:09 AM »

My Texas EZpass is stuck to the inside of my fairing - works perfectly in high speed lanes in Houston, Austin, and Dallas.

Don't seem to work in Oklahoma - but they talk funny there anyhow.....

Mark
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 03:28:49 PM by nixobilly »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 10:48:43 AM »

My Sunpass has been laying in the right lower compartment, inside a zip-lok bag for 2+ years with no problems. I use it weekly, it has never failed to work. Have a friend who rides as much as I do, his is inside the fairing on velcro above the headlamp, also no problems.
Apparently the plastic fairing/lower does not block the signal. You do have to replace the battery occassionally.

our "fast lane" passes are sealed units if the battery dies you need to have the whole thing replaced. inside a leather puch doesnt seem to work
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »

On the pumpkin we have it in the left pouch of the 3 pouch dash / windshield mount and on the 07 we have it in the single center mounting leather bag / pouch / box whichever term you like for it.   We have not had any issues with them here in Florida in these.   I had tried it inside the fairing and in my saddle bag but neither worked well enough to leave them there.   If you came to a complete stop they would eventually go off but round here if you try to come to a complete stop in a 25 -35 mph toll booth situation you will find your a hood ornament.   I am glad I didnt have to resort to the velcro on the windshield though.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 03:01:11 PM »

our "fast lane" passes are sealed units if the battery dies you need to have the whole thing replaced. inside a leather pouch doesn't seem to work

Neal, before I mounted mine inside the fairing I tried in the upper pockets of my leather jacket, no good, even with the flap up or zipper open it didn't work, musty have something to do with the leather.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

CharlieM

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 07:23:09 PM »

I have this on my 04 road king.. Also little more chrome for the bike.. Quality piece...

http://www.qualitymachinecompany.com/cycleproducts.htm

Works great...

Capt611

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 10:59:18 AM »

I ahve a 3 bag windshield bag set, and mine sits behind the middle bag between the bag and the leather backing.  Works like a champ.  I tried it in the far right bag, and that was spotty.  On my Roadstar, I had it on the windshield with the velcro stuff they send with it.  I hope this helps.

Jeffro.
 :fireman:

DOOFUS

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 03:46:21 PM »

I use a RAM mount on the handlebars then place the EZ PASS in the holder available on AEROSTICH - looks ugly - works perfectly.  DOOFUS

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »

Quick tip that might work for some...

In Illinois, you can register your motorcycle license plate on the same account and transponder you have for your car.  By doing so, when you go through the automatic toll booths, it reads the plate, and takes the toll off your car account - even if you don't have the transponder.  Same principle as when the transponder battery goes bad. It will just check if the plate is registered to an account and if so, it will subtract from that account, instead of citing a violation.  I've never had a transponder with me, and it always charges my account properly. I also put my kids plates on my single account too and that works fine.

Now, the only potential problem is, if you go to a manual lane, with a person in there, I don't think they can look up plates. So they will force you to pay to open the gate. If there's not a gate, just zipping through a manned booth will probably case you some issues of the Barney Fife variety, so just make sure you go through the Zoom lanes, and nothing with a person and/or a gate.

Works in Illinois at least.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.