Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: USA Perimeter Ride  (Read 9968 times)

SPIDERMAN

USA Perimeter Ride
« on: May 02, 2007, 07:31:03 PM »

Looking for posts from site members in every state on the perimeter of the Continental USA (lower 48) starting from Maine south to New Hampshire,Massachusets,Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware,Maryland,Viriginia, North Carolina, South Carolina,Georgia, Florida west to Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California,north to Oregon, Washington east to Idaho, Montana, North Dakota,Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois,Michigan,New York  so Howie can go on tour and visit all of us

B B
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 07:33:19 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: USA Perimeter Ride
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 07:39:28 PM »

Looking for posts from site members in every state on the perimeter of the Continental USA (lower 48) starting from Maine south to New Hampshire,Massachusets,Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware,Maryland,Viriginia, North Carolina, South Carolina,Georgia, Florida west to Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California,north to Oregon, Washington east to Idaho, Montana, North Dakota,Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois,Michigan,New York  so Howie can go on tour and visit all of us

B B

We have to include Alaska and Canada. Ferry up to Alaska and ride back thru Canada. Then continue the States Take a whole summer off! This sure would be a cool trip! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »

B B,

You have a place in Georgia on the Atlantic Ocean coast...Any time...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 08:50:36 PM »

We have to include Alaska and Canada. Ferry up to Alaska and ride back thru Canada. Then continue the States Take a whole summer off! This sure would be a cool trip! ;) Hoist! 8)

Screw the ferry (holy chit that doesn't sound quite right).  If one is already up far enough to catch Roger in Bellingham it's two easy days and decent roads to ride to Kethcikan.  That's the reason Alaska has that little tongue sticking down.  So we can ride to it easier.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 09:31:15 PM »

Screw the ferry (holy chit that doesn't sound quite right).  If one is already up far enough to catch Roger in Bellingham it's two easy days and decent roads to ride to Kethcikan.  That's the reason Alaska has that little tongue sticking down.  So we can ride to it easier.

Don, that was always one Bay I've wanted to do by boat. I'm not a boat guy, but that's supposed to be breathtaking. I'tll get me all the way up in Alaska, and I can ride back down. That's how I've always envisioned this trip. Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 09:49:56 PM »

I hope you have the optional CVO jet ski attachment and lots of fuel, cause there aint no road to Ketchikan, never going to be one either.  Ferry, plane or private boat, thats it!!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 10:03:05 PM »

Don, that was always one Bay I've wanted to do by boat. I'm not a boat guy, but that's supposed to be breathtaking. I'tll get me all the way up in Alaska, and I can ride back down. That's how I've always envisioned this trip. Hoist!

Well ok then, don't screw the ferry.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 10:05:47 PM »

I hope you have the optional CVO jet ski attachment and lots of fuel, cause there aint no road to Ketchikan, never going to be one either.  Ferry, plane or private boat, thats it!!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Not entirely.  But if you're willing to perservere just a bit there is road for most of it.  You don't have to take the long ferry ride. But you do have to ride some.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 10:14:05 PM »

Hoist,

You have a place in the Bay Area...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 10:17:36 PM »

Hoist,

You have a place in the Bay Area...

Thanks Ernie! B B got this thing started, but I love the idea! Now all I need is the time. I'm seriously looking at the possibility of 4-8 weeks next summer. This might actually get real! ;) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 10:19:17 PM »

Thanks Ernie! B B got this thing started, but I love the idea! Now all I need is the time. I'm seriously looking at the possibility of 4-8 weeks next summer. This might actually get real! ;) Hoist! 8)

If you do my US National Pick Up Ride I sure as hell will try to figure out a way to run it too.

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 10:21:22 PM »

Problem is when you get to Ketchikan there still isn't any roads!!!! You can go 10-15 miles North or South  and thats about it. If they ever build the "Bridge to Nowhere" you could also ride to the airport, about a half mile away on Gravina Island!

PS  Don't try to ride to Juneau, Petersburg, Wrangell, or Sitka, same problem! OR for that matter Cordova, Yakutat, Taititlek, Chenega, Seldovia, Chignik, Sandpoint, King Cove, Dutch Harbor or Adak either!!!! Water or air, thats the only way to most of coastal Alaska.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 10:23:22 PM »

Well ok then, don't screw the ferry.

Hey I started this thread, so if someone's gonna take it off topic it should be me  >:(

ANYWAY,

Don , you do realize that Dr. Freud would have a freakin field day with you don't you ?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 10:23:48 PM »

If you do my US National Pick Up Ride I sure as hell will try to figure out a way to run it too.

This sure got my attention! 3-4 weeks for a mainland run or 6-8 weeks to include Alaska! I'd prefer this sans passenger. I wonder what she'll think of this vacation then? :nixweiss: Maybe I won't give her the good seat next week. Then she'll think the USA Pickup is too long on that bike! ::) Hoist! ::)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 10:42:24 PM »

This sure got my attention! 3-4 weeks for a mainland run or 6-8 weeks to include Alaska! I'd prefer this sans passenger. I wonder what she'll think of this vacation then? :nixweiss: Maybe I won't give her the good seat next week. Then she'll think the USA Pickup is too long on that bike! ::) Hoist! ::)

Fade from black (insert mournful Springsteen humming melody as backdrop), preamble, volume climbing to standard:

.....ere they go, two echoing staccato points in the distance chasing a horizon; again.  They were out there yesterday.  They'll be there again tomorrow.  And many tomorrows after that.  They are riders.  Seeing America.  On their own time.  To their own rhythms.  Not just the burdens but the very cadence of society leaves them as the miles pass them by.  Wheat fields, oceans, sands and travels above the tree line have been witness to their travels.  They're often quiet, introspective even, but always with an eye forward to that yellow line that guides them.  Guides them from one day to the next.  Until, eventually, the road itself is done.

(cue Sprinsteen back up, then fade back to black)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 26 queries.