Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: Bitubo Shock Upgrade  (Read 90166 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Bitubo Shock Upgrade
« Reply #300 on: January 21, 2008, 12:21:39 AM »

I think we misunderstood something about Ken's $750 budget.  The shocks are v-rod parts.  So that shouldn't count against the Ultra's budget?  Each bike gets its own doesn't it :nixweiss: ?
so true.  :D one has absolutely no bearing on the other. :oops:  Of course, this upgrade alone makes a sizeable dent in the V-Rod's budget, doesn't it?  :nixweiss:  har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #301 on: January 21, 2008, 12:26:28 AM »

so true.  :D one has absolutely no bearing on the other. :oops:  Of course, this upgrade alone makes a sizeable dent in the V-Rod's budget, doesn't it?  :nixweiss:  har!  :drink: spyder

But that's just today's budget.  Doesn't it get another budget again tomorrow :nixweiss: ?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #302 on: January 21, 2008, 12:41:44 AM »

wait a minute... :o.....are you making these rules up as you go?  :confused5: That's the ticket!  :P Only 'daily' limits.  :D That's fair.  8) har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #303 on: January 21, 2008, 08:25:16 PM »

Look guys, All you have to do is order the parts COD and have them shipped to the office. Besides JD birthday is soon.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #304 on: January 21, 2008, 10:10:36 PM »

Look guys, All you have to do is order the parts COD and have them shipped to the office. Besides JD birthday is soon.

Lets see...Birthday or Valentines Day...that's a tough one Ken.  Either way, opening a box of shocks is going to go over about as well as a turd in the punchbowl, buddy... :huepfenlol2: ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #305 on: January 21, 2008, 10:12:09 PM »

So you're getting Cheri V-Rod shocks for her birthday  :nixweiss: ?

Or you figure you can use to the birthday to apologize and make up for anything you'll get in trouble for between now and then?

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2008, 05:31:02 AM »

Lets see...Birthday or Valentines Day...that's a tough one Ken.  Either way, opening a box of shocks is going to go over about as well as a turd in the punchbowl, buddy... :huepfenlol2: ;)

Thanks Terry. This site is awesome. Not only can we learn about bikes and chrome, We learn everything about wommins.  ;D

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2008, 05:32:56 AM »

So you're getting Cheri V-Rod shocks for her birthday  :nixweiss: ?

Or you figure you can use to the birthday to apologize and make up for anything you'll get in trouble for between now and then?

I was thinking of using the shocks as a method to get forgiveness for something that happened in 2004.  ;D

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2008, 12:46:49 PM »

I was thinking of using the shocks as a method to get forgiveness for something that happened in 2004.  ;D

Let me give you another lesson about wimmins:  They don't forget chit...they may TELL you they forgive you, and they mean it at the time...but just repeat the same mistake again... :nervous: :huepfenlol2: ;D ;)

I have an e-mail into Dan to see if the shocks are still available, Ken...will let you know something ASAP.

TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »

Let me give you another lesson about wimmins:  They don't forget chit...they may TELL you they forgive you, and they mean it at the time...but just repeat the same mistake again... :nervous: :huepfenlol2: ;D ;)

I have an e-mail into Dan to see if the shocks are still available, Ken...will let you know something ASAP.

I could learn things from you. If a guy was going to forget an important date, would he be better off to forget her birthday, or their anniversary?

These shocks, are they totally blacked out? Springs, canister etc?

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2008, 06:08:09 PM »

I could learn things from you. If a guy was going to forget an important date, would he be better off to forget her birthday, or their anniversary?

These shocks, are they totally blacked out? Springs, canister etc?

No...only the knuckles are black.  They do have black spring available, but I've not seen the cannisters blacked out.

Birthday or Anniversary?  You're a dead man walking if you forget either one   :huepfenlol2:

TTS Mastertune

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2008, 06:39:40 PM »

Two things I have learned in 27 years, yea I'm a slow learner!!

1, Forgiveness is easier to get than permission!

2, when a women says, " I don't care, do what you want", that is NO, but she doesn't want to sound like a controlling B***H! So if you do it, you'll pay later!!!

REGGAB

« Reply #312 on: February 09, 2008, 08:07:51 AM »

Bitubos went on this morning.  Got the prelim settings dialed in, bags off, and will go for a bagless ride shortly to tweak the new shocks.  Already feels better.

REGGAB

« Reply #313 on: February 09, 2008, 09:02:52 AM »

Bitubos went on this morning.  Got the prelim settings dialed in, bags off, and will go for a bagless ride shortly to tweak the new shocks.  Already feels better.

Thanks to Chuck's work, I think what I just rode is near where it needs to be for solo.  Bumped up preload to 1", put the bags on, and Renea and I are gonna give it a whirl shortly.  So far, they are a HUGE improvement over the stock shocks.  We'll be gone for a couple hours, so I'll update when we return.

REGGAB

« Reply #314 on: February 09, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »

Thanks to Chuck's work, I think what I just rode is near where it needs to be for solo.  Bumped up preload to 1", put the bags on, and Renea and I are gonna give it a whirl shortly.  So far, they are a HUGE improvement over the stock shocks.  We'll be gone for a couple hours, so I'll update when we return.

Things were different two-up and loaded..........though they felt much, much, much, much, much better than stock, we bottomed out using the Chief method of bottom out detection...........even though neither of us never knew we bottomed out.  Smooth as a Hooters Girl's backside.  NICE!!!!!!!!!!!
OK.....for two up, got about an inch of thread showing on the pre-load.  Compression damping is set at six clicks.  Rebound damping is midrange.  Didn't change the later two settings from my solo baggless ride earlier this morning.  Only thing I did was add about a 1/4 inch of preload.  Any advice on where to go from here for two up?  Thanks.

Henry
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.