Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Headed to the Dealer...HEAD GASKET, go figure! UPDATE  (Read 9000 times)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Headed to the Dealer...HEAD GASKET, go figure! UPDATE
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2007, 09:50:08 PM »

Never be afraid to jump in with both hands, go for it tigertr71.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2007, 11:37:17 PM »

thanks for asking:  dealer ordered rings, compression release sensor, rear cylinder,gasket kit,valve guides,badges. i think thats it..   cylinder was on back order but they pulled one off production (after fighting about back order). part should be in today (should be)
i hope to get the bike back and run it to see if i can make it break. i'm going to ride to utah in a month and i would like it to run well before i get out into the desert.

then i will be giving it to a shop, forget the warranty, not sure which shop !!!

somewhere on this thread somebody said to quiet bitching about the dealer/moco and go get your upgrades and make the bike run the way you like it to run. this stuck with me. i'm a rider not a mechinic, i stop getting my hands dirty a long time ago although i have always liked it

so there i am

live is good

this stuck with me, although i do think the moco should sell me a bike that at least runs. even if it doesn't run well, it should at least run...

Who did the fighting you or the dealer?  Any tips on what to say?  I'm still waiting for mine, but since they had not touched it, I took it home.
I will call customer service again on Monday.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2007, 11:50:46 PM »

Who did the fighting you or the dealer?  Any tips on what to say?  I'm still waiting for mine, but since they had not touched it, I took it home.
I will call customer service again on Monday.

Do you have another dealer you can go to? My bike also sat for 2 weeks, and I took it out also. I found another place that seems a lot more on the ball. Try somewhere else. It sounds like these guys don't have their act together, like my old place. ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2007, 11:10:12 PM »

Do you have another dealer you can go to? My bike also sat for 2 weeks, and I took it out also. I found another place that seems a lot more on the ball. Try somewhere else. It sounds like these guys don't have their act together, like my old place. ;) Hoist! 8)

The MOCO sort of caused the problem.  Tech suppport wanted to have them take the cylinder off and do some measuring.  When they had my bike in, tech support said change the cylinder without any testing, so it was never disassembled.  If it was ordered originally, then it would have been here by now.  I can't even see the head gasket leak anyway.  150 mile today and it seems like the tranny/VSS leak is gone with the double o ring fix, although it ran for 4000 mile before leaking the first time. 
Maybe their (MOCO) strategy is to put a bandaid on the problem hoping the problem doesn't come back until after the warranty is done.  From what I see, the dealers are afraid of HD and let them run how they service the bikes.  Too much control.
Oh no, I said the W word.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2007, 11:23:45 PM »

You may want to kill a chicken and put some blood on the ground around your bike just to make sure the gremlins didn't hear you...or that they can get to your bike.

Seegarz

PS Sacrificing a virgin may work too...but if you do that... :worthless:

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2007, 11:46:59 AM »

You may want to kill a chicken and put some blood on the ground around your bike just to make sure the gremlins didn't hear you...or that they can get to your bike.

Seegarz

PS Sacrificing a virgin may work too...but if you do that... :worthless:
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 10:41:42 AM »

maybe just burn the bike and move on
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2007, 02:59:46 PM »

I called customer service again today and they knew my name!  I have them on speed also to call MOCO and wait on hold 30 minutes to have someone tell you they feel your pain.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2007, 04:00:10 PM »

just called dealer to see if my cylinder was in, he said "i haven't checked because if been real busy" hhhhmmmm, called back thirty min's. later to tell me that it will be here tomorrow. haha, i was talking to somebody i respect and they said i should have the head replaced. said if there going to do head work i should just have the head replaced. if they end up repairing the head and they resurface the head and the two cylinders have different compression i'm screwed.   the fun just keeps on coming :drink: :drink:
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2007, 09:47:31 PM »

just called dealer to see if my cylinder was in, he said "i haven't checked because if been real busy" hhhhmmmm, called back thirty min's. later to tell me that it will be here tomorrow. haha, i was talking to somebody i respect and they said i should have the head replaced. said if there going to do head work i should just have the head replaced. if they end up repairing the head and they resurface the head and the two cylinders have different compression i'm screwed.   the fun just keeps on coming :drink: :drink:

Can you send me a PM?  I'd like to call and chat with you about this situation. There have been class action suits for a lot less.  I am calling customer service every day.  Each time I've called, I was told they would call back and no call ever.
The dealer ( I called) said they want my bike in to look at the tranny leak.  I told them to kiss my *ss.  My bike is running and I'm not going to let them take it apart and tell me another out of stock part is needed.   I'll bring it in when the cylinder comes in, maybe, or I'll just wait for winter.
I'm drafting a letter to the MOCO as we speak with copies to various bike magazines, web sites, etc.   I've contacted my attorney also.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2007, 09:58:12 PM »

Can you send me a PM?  I'd like to call and chat with you about this situation. There have been class action suits for a lot less.  I am calling customer service every day.  Each time I've called, I was told they would call back and no call ever.
The dealer ( I called) said they want my bike in to look at the tranny leak.  I told them to kiss my *ss.  My bike is running and I'm not going to let them take it apart and tell me another out of stock part is needed.   I'll bring it in when the cylinder comes in, maybe, or I'll just wait for winter.
I'm drafting a letter to the MOCO as we speak with copies to various bike magazines, web sites, etc.   I've contacted my attorney also.

You want to win a court battle, or get your bike fixed and running right? FIND ANOTHER DEALER WHO KNOWS WTF HE'S DOING! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2007, 10:31:18 PM »

You want to win a court battle, or get your bike fixed and running right? FIND ANOTHER DEALER WHO KNOWS WTF HE'S DOING! ;) Hoist! 8)

The current dealer will not do anything that the MOCO won't pay them for.  They refuse to order any part and return it because of the cost of shipping and restocking fees.
Are you saying that there are dealers out there with balls enough to want to just fix the bike and worry about paperwork after?  My impression is that the old stories about how bad the MOCO treated their dealers are still true today.  Way back, the dealers had to make good on warranty claims out of their pockets.
I may have to agree with you on one point, **** the warranty and never go back to the dealer after the purchase.
BTW, If I win the court battle, I'll have a new bike to debug.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2007, 10:38:47 PM »

The current dealer will not do anything that the MOCO won't pay them for.  They refuse to order any part and return it because of the cost of shipping and restocking fees.
Are you saying that there are dealers out there with balls enough to want to just fix the bike and worry about paperwork after?  My impression is that the old stories about how bad the MOCO treated their dealers are still true today.  Way back, the dealers had to make good on warranty claims out of their pockets.
I may have to agree with you on one point, **** the warranty and never go back to the dealer after the purchase.
BTW, If I win the court battle, I'll have a new bike to debug.
Yes there are dealers like that. Lucky for me I have one that will do just that he is a biker first and a owner second. I can't speak for him but it is my impression that he purchased the dealership because of his love of riding and not for $$$.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2007, 07:04:16 AM »

Yes there are dealers like that. Lucky for me I have one that will do just that he is a biker first and a owner second. I can't speak for him but it is my impression that he purchased the dealership because of his love of riding and not for $$$.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks for the encouraging words, Dood.  Around me in Mass., the HD dealers are part of those dealers that have one of each type of vehicle dealerships.  Usually 7-10 dealerships.  They are not small shops.  There is no personal touch at all, strictly business.

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2007, 08:43:36 AM »

I have dealer like that also. I just tell them what the issues are and they order the parts and schedule the service. They also do it when scheduled. May have something to do with buying 8 bikes in 6 years and they also care about their customers.
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 25 queries.