Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Painted Sheet Metal  (Read 11714 times)

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
Re: Painted Sheet Metal
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 08:44:18 AM »

I think this storys fake.  If it happened to me everyone within 1000 miles of me would know the dealer that was screwing me!  I find it curious no name is mentioned after several prompts!

Deuces_Wild

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2005, 08:26:51 PM »

UPDATE,

This is not a story, this is fact, the best I can explain it. Until I have exhausted every ave I think I have I will not post the dealers name.

Today contact Harley Customer Service.  After a brief discussion and the rep looking up my case number, she stated they had contacted the service manger and spoke with him about the issues.  She got the same answers from them as I did, if I wasn

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 02:16:40 PM »

I don't mean to sound rude but I think it is all of our responsibility to let others know of bad customer service out there so no one else gets shafted by another crappy HD dealership. At this point it does not matter if the dealership makes things right because of all the crap you have gone through to try and make it right. I would appreciate a head's up on who this dealerhip is.

By the way, anyone looking to have a bike shipped, stay away from Eagle One Express out of California. I will go into detail if you contact me to save someone else the unfortunate experience I had with this comany.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 02:17:56 PM by dakota »

Deuces_Wild

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2005, 07:18:27 PM »

Dakota,

You struck a nerve and have a good point as to protecting others from this dealership and or service department, and owner.  I

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 08:34:15 PM »

Dakota,
The way in which the MoCo handles it ties up the dealers to not be able to do things at times.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 08:35:10 PM by dakota »

starvin

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 10:33:44 PM »

from what i read in these post this is a dealership problem not a HD company issue. How is it possible for the company to tie the hands of a dealership when that dealership makes a mistake. I think that statement is ridiculous. I've seen good dealerships bite the bullet and take a finacial loss to stand behind what they know is right on warranty issues. This is not a defect or warranty issue it was a damage done by the dealership employee. When a dealership employee crashes a custormers bike on a test drive their insurance covers it not the MoCo. As a last resort post their name and we'll all send them a email thanking them for standing by their service. This is also why I always wash my bike and take off everything I can before I have it serviced. You can be best buddies with thier top mechanic when your bike goes to get washed and detailed it's getting done by some high school kids on their part time job.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 10:35:30 PM by starvin »

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 10:57:43 PM »

Dakota,
I understand your frustration.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 12:01:01 PM »

Mike is right on this about persistence!
That will get you more results than anything.

I have a great relationship with my dealer.
But that came as a price I paid to cultivate that relationship.
When  they finally realized that I wasn't going away till they did the "RIGHT THING" then I got the attention that I felt I deserved.

Had some work done on the Lowrider last Saturday. Did I let the wash guy wash it? NO!
When the SEEG was set up, it was by the mechanic I chose.
Did I let wash boy wash it? Hell NO!
My brand new SEEG was driven home dirty and I washed it.

In my life, every day I make the choice to compromise or take no prisoners. If the thought is that your dealer is screwing you then let us know who it is. If you feel that are a lot of issues that are internal and that your dealer will eventually will give satisfaction then GIVE THEM THE CHANCE.

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005, 03:04:09 PM »

Mike is right on this about persistence!
That will get you more results than anything.

I have a great relationship with my dealer.
But that came as a price I paid to cultivate that relationship.
When
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 03:39:34 PM by dakota »

barkleydog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2005, 04:22:46 PM »

I have a similar experience to relate as not all Dealers are like yours, terrible to go through such crap. Illinois Harley in berwyn Ill. picked my 03 flhrsei2 up from my garage last Jan. for some Metzlers and other "stuff". Keep in mind I have been using this dealer for 5 years, but did not purchase this 03 from them. I could not get the price from them , but have had great service over the years. Anyway time comes to get the bike back and I get a call there, had been a problem, someone had dropped my bike. To make a long story short, there was never any questions as what they were going to do. They orderd a new front fender, crash bars, rineharts ( I could not even find the scratch ). And a new american wire 40 spoke radial wheel. Installed in a timely fashion, re- dynoed and returned. On another visit I needed some part that was back ordered and the bike would not run. The summers are short in chicago And Chris the service manager knew it was my week off and loaned  me HIS new electra glide ultra demo for the week.
I know this long but when credit is due I am happy to let others know.

Deuces_Wild

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2005, 07:56:14 PM »

Update

Today I made 3 more phone calls to Harley Customer Service and never got in touch with the service rep they assigned to my case.  I left 1 message Monday and three today and none of them have been returned.  Well that

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2005, 09:08:56 PM »

Enough of this!
If I want to listen to whining, I can go to work. At least I get paid to listen to it there.

As stated earlier, I have a great relationship with my dealer.
The bed I made I can now lay in comfortably cause of my persistance to get and do the right thing. As far as anyone else, don't ask for help or advice if your only goal is to whine about the response or to kill the messenger!

And as far as for Mr. MFG
Mike don't worry bout your feathers being ruffled.
Some people can't handle the truth, so their only response is to lash out at the messenger!

Any just for the record, I will wash your CVO bike in my garage and supply cable, heat or cooling and all the beer you can drink while I wash for just $44.50 per hour. [smiley=drink.gif] Large chested girls to get you the beer out of the fridge are extra [smiley=nervous.gif]. For any ladies on a CVO I will get my Aprilla driving neighbor to serve you! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2005, 09:13:18 PM »

I have a similar experience to relate as not all Dealers are like yours, terrible to go through such crap. Illinois Harley in berwyn Ill. picked my 03 flhrsei2 up from my garage last Jan. for some Metzlers and other "stuff". Keep in mind I have been using this dealer for 5 years, but did not purchase this 03 from them. I could not get the price from them , but have had great service over the years. Anyway time comes to get the bike back and I get a call there, had been a problem, someone had dropped my bike. To make a long story short, there was never any questions as what they were going to do. They orderd a new front fender, crash bars, rineharts ( I could not even find the scratch ). And a new american wire 40 spoke radial wheel. Installed in a timely fashion, re- dynoed and returned. On another visit I needed some part that was back ordered and the bike would not run. The summers are short in chicago And Chris the service manager knew it was my week off and loaned

starvin

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2005, 09:42:55 PM »

Enough of this!
If I want to listen to whining, I can go to work. At least I get paid to listen to it there.

As stated earlier, I have a great relationship with my dealer.
The bed I made I can now lay in comfortably cause of my persistance to get and do the right thing. As far as anyone else, don't ask for help or advice if your only goal is to whine about the response or to kill the messenger!

And as far as for Mr. MFG
Mike don't worry bout your feathers being ruffled.
Some people can't handle the truth, so their only response is to lash out at the messenger!

Any just for the record, I will wash your CVO bike in my garage and supply cable, heat or cooling and all the beer you can drink while I wash for just $44.50 per hour. [smiley=drink.gif] Large chested girls to get you the beer out of the fridge are extra [smiley=nervous.gif]. For any ladies on a CVO I will get my Aprilla driving neighbor to serve you! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

so you'll explain why this is a problem the motor company should pay for and not a problem with the dealership. There are good and bad people in every buisiness and obviously this is a dishonest dealership. I also have a good relationship with my dealership but I'm not going to let some kids getting paid six bucks an hour to touch a bike I have $35,000 invested. Oh and I'll be happy to take you up on your offer I can drink alot of beer in a hour [smiley=drink.gif]  

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2005, 09:58:04 PM »

dave.p

never said that the MOCO should pay this bill.
All I have said is that I have a good relationship with my dealer, but will only allow things to go so far.
That's why I wash my own bike!

And I just stocked the fridge in the garage!
Plenty of
Bud
Bud lite
Miller High Life  (that's what my dad drank, so it's special)
Miller Lite
Mick Ultra
Coors Gold
Coors Lite
Hinekin (for my Aprilla riding neighbor)
Smirnoff Ice
And Corona lite for my daughter

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.