Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Painted Sheet Metal  (Read 11775 times)

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
Re: Painted Sheet Metal
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2005, 06:52:04 AM »

court time. you have been too patient and cooperative. this kind of service is what I am talking about. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE on either end. It should not take this much work and effort. You might have this wrapped up by Spring of 06' the way this is going. We as consumers have allowed this to happen. I'm not saying to go in ranting and raging, but I am saying to stand firm. I'm not that old and can still remember when establishments wanted your business and did what they could to get it. This is ridiculous. Remember this situation next time you buy a warranty too as a warranty is only as good as the business backing it. Sorry about your situation, but I think it is between you and the business (obviously, as Harley is not stepping up to the plate) and it is small claims time. It is sad that this is the world we live in now as you have to force people to do the right thing.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 07:01:16 AM by dakota »

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2005, 09:56:01 AM »

i agree on court.the threat of court may provoke some action. the dealer should have insurance to cover your type of situation also. i dont think the moco will be able to do much for you. court takes time so initiate it now and try to resolve it before court date. good luck!

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2005, 12:47:49 PM »

Court time seems premature at this time, dakotah.

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2005, 09:50:56 PM »

Dakotah,

First of all, the warranties are managed by a third party company that is not owned by the dealership or the MoCo.

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2005, 07:12:33 AM »

Dakotah,
Small Claims court is a crap shoot ...too risky for Deuces Wild as he already refused a remedy.

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2005, 08:52:36 AM »

You are not reading or you are unwilling to comprehend what you have already ready and is posted, Dakotah. try this.
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=cvo_gen;action=display;num=1105715979;start=30

what?

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2005, 10:41:24 AM »

[bgcolor=Yellow]Reply #31 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 6:56pm [/bgcolor]

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2005, 08:16:47 PM »

Thought you were on a rant Dakotah,
Never occurred to me that you did/could not read the thread.
Mike

Anyway.........Hope all works out for Dueces and if any dealerhsips are reading these posts, hope they would do the right thing (taking responsibility) and not put people through this hardship.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2005, 05:29:26 AM »

UPDATE  
After several calls to Harley corporate, the District rep (Walt) finally called me.. After close to an hour discussion, he asked to meet with me to look at the bike during bike week.

Deuces_Wild

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2005, 07:12:01 PM »

UPDATE,

Well, I met with the District Service Rep over at Pub 44 during bike week.  After looking at the bike he admitted they where a little hard on the paint work.   He told me it would be a couple weeks before he could address the issue but he would get it done. Well the one question he asked me I didn

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2005, 09:30:41 PM »

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2005, 05:54:23 PM »

Don't let anyone by HD take care of your paint problems. My husband had a 2003 SE Road King in the Gold with the black and burgandy accents. The fiber glass parts on the bike, saddlebags-lids, side covers, did not match the rest of the bike. The gold on those parts was much lighter and showed some gray through the gold in places. Don't know how on earth that bike ever made it past it's final inspection before leaving the MOCO. Anyway our dealer wanted to let an area cycle painter who is very good take care of it. My husband agreed to let him take a look, but didn't want him to do the work unless he was sure he could match it. He took one look and wouldn't even touch it. We also have our own body shop, happen to be a chrysler-dodge dealer here in North GA, our guys didn't even want to try and we do happen to have one of the best body shops around in this area.

So we spent 17 months and 5 trys through HD and our dealer getting the paint to match. Our dealers rep even came out twice to look at the bike in person. My husband's name is well known throughout the warranty department and paint section at HD right now. The final paint was a decent match, but still slightly off on the side covers in certain light.

We ended up trading in the bike last week. Went in to look for a new one for me. While we were there my husband saw a 2005 SE E-Glide in Candy Cherry and Dark Cherry. Decided he wanted to trade because he thinks this paint will be more easy to match should anything ever happen to it. Was affarid of keeping the gold one and have something happen and having to deal with getting it to match and it be on his on dime.

Good luck with getting your's fixed to suit you. I hope HD takes care of it for you. Sandy
Sandy :)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2005, 06:28:47 PM »

Red_Hot_SE_Fat_Boy.............Welcome to the site.  I've got a question about your two new bikes.........are the reds the same color?   [smiley=confused5.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2005, 08:52:57 PM »

Don't let anyone by HD take care of your paint problems. My husband had a 2003 SE Road King in the Gold with the black and burgandy accents. The fiber glass parts on the bike, saddlebags-lids, side covers, did not match the rest of the bike. The gold on those parts was much lighter and showed some gray through the gold in places. Don't know how on earth that bike ever made it past it's final inspection before leaving the MOCO. Anyway our dealer wanted to let an area cycle painter who is very good take care of it. My husband agreed to let him take a look, but didn't want him to do the work unless he was sure he could match it. He took one look and wouldn't even touch it. We also have our own body shop, happen to be a chrysler-dodge dealer here in North GA, our guys didn't even want to try and we do happen to have one of the best body shops around in this area.

So we spent 17 months and 5 trys through HD and our dealer getting the paint to match. Our dealers rep even came out twice to look at the bike in person. My husband's name is well known throughout the warranty department and paint section at HD right now. The final paint was a decent match, but still slightly off on the side covers in certain light.

We ended up trading in the bike last week. Went in to look for a new one for me. While we were there my husband saw a 2005 SE E-Glide in Candy Cherry and Dark Cherry. Decided he wanted to trade because he thinks this paint will be more easy to match should anything ever happen to it. Was affarid of keeping the gold one and have something happen and having to deal with getting it to match and it be on his on dime.

Good luck with getting your's fixed to suit you. I hope HD takes care of it for you. Sandy

This is a well known problem with the 03 road kings. I know of at least three others and yes warranty is a problem with them too. It seems the MOCO doesn't really care about warranty issues. I guess they think we will just keep coming back. I was down at the local dealer yesterday and they have 200 plus bikes in stock. Over 90 still in the crate! Maybe the slow down is just what we need for them to wake up. Don't get me wrong I have owned over 15 Harleys over the past 29 years and love them but I have never seen a company so hard to deal with over paint issues. I have a problem on my 04 SEEG with one saddle bag lid and it is like pulling teeth since last september.  I would of had it reapired myself if I could have gotten some factory mixed paint. But we all know the paint is not available so you take your chances and have it repaired or even worse buy new from the factory!  If they couldn't get the first one right why should I take a chance and buy a new one.
Duces good luck and please let us know.
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2005, 10:42:49 PM »

UPDATE,

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.