Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Latest from Harley on the lack of Inventory  (Read 13499 times)

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Latest from Harley on the lack of Inventory
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:46:06 PM »

Thought I would take some time and update my friends on the latest out of Milwalkee ...according to the MoCo. there will be a severe reduction in shipments of all 2008 Harley's for the rest of 2007. We as dealers have been given a couple of reasons why but I will not elaberate on here however surfice it to say you can bet your family jewels there WILL be a shortage of bikes the rest of the year and specally CVO's ...so guy's you can take it for what its worth ..if you can find a CVO you want at a reasonable price I suggest you jump on it ...otherwise ..well ...lets just say you can always buy a used one or a Goldwing

Bubba
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Latest from Harley on the lack of Inventory
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:50:38 PM »

Thought I would take some time and update my friends on the latest out of Milwalkee ...according to the MoCo. there will be a severe reduction in shipments of all 2008 Harley's for the rest of 2007. We as dealers have been given a couple of reasons why but I will not elaberate on here however surfice it to say you can bet your family jewels there WILL be a shortage of bikes the rest of the year and specally CVO's ...so guy's you can take it for what its worth ..if you can find a CVO you want at a reasonable price I suggest you jump on it ...otherwise ..well ...lets just say you can always buy a used one or a Goldwing

Bubba

Bubba....have you guys got a lot of 07's still on the floor?  The dealers here do...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 12:56:02 PM »

TC we  have a number of 07s on the floor but by neccessity ...we sold 108 bikes in July ...93 in August ..that depleated our new bike inventory ...I have had to buy left over 07 bikes just to have SOMETHING to sell ...I bought 6 07 Ultras last week out of Chicago and already sold 4 ... because of the cut back on 08 inventory I will have to make it work mostly on 07 and used bikes .... it sux !

Bubba

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 12:58:09 PM »

TC we  have a number of 07s on the floor but by neccessity ...we sold 108 bikes in July ...93 in August ..that depleated our new bike inventory ...I have had to buy left over 07 bikes just to have SOMETHING to sell ...I bought 6 07 Ultras last week out of Chicago and already sold 4 ... because of the cut back on 08 inventory I will have to make it work mostly on 07 and used bikes .... it sux !

Bubba

Suck it may.  But for the potential customers too.  And in ways even more so.  Because you know there will be dealers who use the excuse to jack prices up; way up.

deucedog

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 01:00:11 PM »

Suck it may.  But for the potential customers too.  And in ways even more so.  Because you know there will be dealers who use the excuse to jack prices up; way up.

You are correct, this is exactly the type of propaganda the dealers live for.  Now Harley's will be "hard to get".  Give me a break...

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 01:18:49 PM »

Bubba

Man...that is a lot of bikes for a store the size of yours!!  How is the work coming on the new "Theme" store?

TTS Mastertune

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 03:15:16 PM »

You are correct, this is exactly the type of propaganda the dealers live for.  Now Harley's will be "hard to get".  Give me a break...

Absolutely.  THey are only cutting6-8% of 350,000.  When there were shortages, production was under 200,000.  Manufactured shortages, they are very smart. 
Now if the R&D department had the same budget as the marketing department, my SERK would me in my garage, not all apart at the dealership.

Yup, I have an attitude.  I have not bought anything HD since I discovered the two leaks.  Not a dime.

I hope there is a shortage, perceived or real, then I can unload mine.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 03:21:22 PM »

Why wont you elaborate here? I personally would like to know. Does it have anything to do with the engine program?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 03:44:25 PM »

Doubt it has anything to do with the 110 engine problems.  Remember roughly 90% of the motorcycles produced by the MoCo have the 96 ci engine in it, so the 110 problem is miniscule, in comparisson.  It's simple business.  There were way too many 07's left on the showroom floors when the 08's were introduced.  They, the MoCo, will put out the word that they are reducing production, which will drive up demand, because there now will be a perceived shortage of new HD motorcycles, which will play right into the hands of the already price-gouging dealers out there.  Simple bottom line business.

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 04:04:39 PM »

Some of this issue is realated to the whole sub-prime thing.  Most HD buyers get financed through HD, and it was pretty easy to get financing, regardless of credit history.  Now people can't make their payments, bikes are being repoed, more used bikes on the market, prices are driven down.  Stock tanks for a while.  During the time of shortages of available HD bikes, we were enjoying some of the best economic times in a LONG while.  Expendable income = demand for "luxury" items like motorcycles.  If you can't make your new housepayment because you bought more house than you could afford 3 years ago on an variable rate mortgage, you ain't gonna be buying a new bike.  It's a buyer's market out there right now on used HD bikes, no matter the model.  This has got nothing to do with the CVO 110 engine...it's just what HD must do to prop everything up 'till all this passes.

TTS Mastertune

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 04:13:08 PM »

From what I have been told " there is a component problem with a vender" ...now to be honest I am not totally sure just what that means ..and they will not tell us what "component or vender" ..... like I said fellas take it for what its worth ...all I am trying to do is be informitive for my friends on here ...I do have a question to some of the guy's on  here who are always belly aching about the prices of the new bikes ...whats the difference between a dealer who makes a large investement in a product and trys to get a maximum return on his money AND a guy who buys a new bike but when hes ready to sell or trade it wanting to get the maximum value back for it ...seems to me to be the same intention ....Im  just curious on this end ...enlightn me...just like someone said "I hope there is a shortage on inventory so they get hard to find and I can sell mine" ....why not sell it now? ...Im sure its because you want it to bring as much as it can and I can't blame you..and I am SURE you will tell the prospective buyer about your two oil leaks BEFORE he buy's it ...

Bubba
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 06:37:18 PM by KentuckyHarleyDude »

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 04:21:45 PM »

Man...that is a lot of bikes for a store the size of yours!!  How is the work coming on the new "Theme" store?

LOL TC ...we are now under construction but it looks like it will be March of 2008 before we get to move in ...a number of issues but one of the big problems has been a wet lands issue ...hopefully we are past that now ...we have sold 155 more bikes this year then they did last year so yep business has been good ...come on in boy's the waters fine  :2vrolijk_21:

Bubba

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 04:47:06 PM »

From what I have been told " there is a component problem with a vender" ...now to be honest I am not totally sure just what that means ..and they will not tell us what "component or vender" ..... like I said fellas take it for what its worth ...all I am trying to do is be informitive for my friends on here ...I do have a question to some of the guy's on  here who are always belly aching about the prices of the new bikes ...whats the difference between a dealer who makes a large investement in a product and trys to get a maximum return on his money AND a guy who buys a new bike but when hes ready to sell or trade it wanting to get the maximum value back for it ...seems to me to be the same intention ....Im  just curious on this end ...enlightn me...just like someone said "I hope there is a shotage on inventory so they get hard to find and I can sell mine" ....why not sell it now? ...Im sure its because you want it to bring as much as it can and I can't blame you..and I am SURE you will tell the prospective buyer about your two oil leaks BEFORE he buy's it ...

Bubba

I will, do you?  Don't you check VIN # on trade ins?

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 04:58:29 PM »

From what I have been told " there is a component problem with a vender" ...now to be honest I am not totally sure just what that means ..and they will not tell us what "component or vender" ..... like I said fellas take it for what its worth ...all I am trying to do is be informitive for my friends on here ...I do have a question to some of the guy's on  here who are always belly aching about the prices of the new bikes ...whats the difference between a dealer who makes a large investement in a product and trys to get a maximum return on his money AND a guy who buys a new bike but when hes ready to sell or trade it wanting to get the maximum value back for it ...seems to me to be the same intention ....Im  just curious on this end ...enlightn me...just like someone said "I hope there is a shotage on inventory so they get hard to find and I can sell mine" ....why not sell it now? ...Im sure its because you want it to bring as much as it can and I can't blame you..and I am SURE you will tell the prospective buyer about your two oil leaks BEFORE he buy's it ...

Bubba

Now this bait you just threw out was it power bait, worms or a dry fly. 
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 05:25:33 PM »

Now this bait you just threw out was it power bait, worms or a dry fly. 

LOL.  And I bit!  Doh!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 20 queries.