Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: front fender contact  (Read 17051 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: front fender contact
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2007, 03:17:51 PM »

According to Chicago Harley-Davidson website FRG,FRNT.FLHTCSE,CANDY COBALT/STARLIGHT retails at $670.00 their price $536.00.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
that's a deal, according to the recent quote for a front fender.  now, if you can buy one w/o having to 'exchange'.  :-\ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2007, 03:28:20 PM »

that's a deal, according to the recent quote for a front fender.  now, if you can buy one w/o having to 'exchange'.  :-\ spyder
One way to find out..... Place the order online and wait for the part to arrive or an email from them saying they are going to need your old one. I would think they would be advised by the MoCo when they placed the order that they would need to send the old one back, and I would think hope they would advise you before placing the order. If they say they want the old one you can cancel the order. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2007, 03:33:50 PM »

Be aware of one potential hazard.  Chicago Harley at least used to have a disclaimer attached to their online ordering for painted parts.  Even though the site automatically figured the extended discount for all part numbers the disclaimer stipulated that it didn't actually apply to painted parts, and that you'd get a follow up message with the correct price.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2007, 03:41:15 PM »

Be aware of one potential hazard.  Chicago Harley at least used to have a disclaimer attached to their online ordering for painted parts.  Even though the site automatically figured the extended discount for all part numbers the disclaimer stipulated that it didn't actually apply to painted parts, and that you'd get a follow up message with the correct price.
That could be a good thing then you can find out for sure if you'll have to return the old part. If they are going to email you about a price difference then they should at that time mention return of old painted part.

Here is a copy of there - Order Policy and there is no mention of painted parts not getting a discount, but that's no guarantee

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2007, 03:44:18 PM »

That could be a good thing then you can find out for sure if you'll have to return the old part. If they are going to email you about a price difference then they should at that time mention return of old painted part.

Here is a copy of there - Order Policy and there is no mention of painted parts not getting a discount, but that's no guarantee

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Had just looked at their order policy online Gary.  I discovered this caveat they had on painted parts when my tour pak got stolen a couple of years ago.  The info was online in the middle of the order process then.  Was followed by an email that raised the price up to what was about a 6% discount rather than the original 20%.  Brian and Spyder could both score well if they can steal a straight 20% off on some painted parts.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2007, 04:07:41 PM »

This whole restricted parts scenario sucks when you think about it.  When I bought the bike, the fender that's on it now was included in the priced.  Therefore, I own that fender.  If I pony up for a new fender and pay $873 or even 80% of $873, then I own that new fender, too, but why should I give up my ownership rights to the first fender?  At a minimum, they should use a core charge process if they want the old stuff back.  If it was, say $200, then I could decide what I wanted more, $200 or my damaged fender, but the choice to return the original part should be up to me.

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2007, 04:23:39 PM »

I had similar marks on my 06 cuse. But I know it happened when I trailered the bike. The front shocks were compressed and the brake hoses rubbed on the fender because of how I had the straps.
Not a problem anymore as I had to replace the fender after hitting a deer at 50 mph. The dealer did not require me to return the old fender when I purchased the new one.
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2007, 04:25:41 PM »

Oh, I totally agree, Brian.......but, the obvious counter they're gonna have it that they're protecting the 'limited' status of the number initally produced by keeping anyone from ordering a set of 'skins' and turning a street glide into a "SEEG".  Of course, they'd have to purchase a few other items to do that........but, that's they're point, I'm sure.  I, like you, want the new one and to keep my old/damaged one.  Maybe, they'll back off on this due to the age of the bike now.  :nixweiss: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2007, 06:16:57 PM »

Some of the restrictions have also relaxed with the passage of time.  That rear fascia on the Street Glides was originally a restricted part.  Now anyone can buy one.  I think our tour pak lids have changed also, though the emblems have not. 

When my tour pak got stolen I found out there was some flexibility to the return requirement.  You might have to get a little bitchy or dance a little.  But they'd sell you parts.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2007, 06:19:35 PM »

Some of the restrictions have also relaxed with the passage of time.  That rear fascia on the Street Glides was originally a restricted part.  Now anyone can buy one.  I think our tour pak lids have changed also, though the emblems have not. 

When my tour pak got stolen I found out there was some flexibility to the return requirement.  You might have to get a little bitchy or dance a little.  But they'd sell you parts.

That's perfect!  I can just tell 'em my fender got STOLEN! :o ::) :P

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2007, 06:58:52 PM »

That's perfect!  I can just tell 'em my fender got STOLEN! :o ::) :P

At the price of one, that's not out of the question.  :( har!  spyder

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2007, 12:42:32 AM »

Brian, I'm not sure where all that information is coming from.  When I had my accident two and a half years ago, they replaced my front fender, fairing, both leg fairings, tank and left saddle bag and lid and both side covers.  While the front end stuff (fender, fairing) were broken, the tank was dinged and the other stuff scratched..........but all of it was returned to me in the boxes that the new stuff came in.  I just recently got rid of it all.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2007, 01:09:06 AM »

Brian, I'm not sure where all that information is coming from.  When I had my accident two and a half years ago, they replaced my front fender, fairing, both leg fairings, tank and left saddle bag and lid and both side covers.  While the front end stuff (fender, fairing) were broken, the tank was dinged and the other stuff scratched..........but all of it was returned to me in the boxes that the new stuff came in.  I just recently got rid of it all.

JC, there have been several cases here where old parts have been at least requested.  In incidents of theft or accident HD has accepted accident or theft reports in lieu of the parts.  That's what ended up happening when my tour pak was stolen.

The confusing aspect was that it was never all painted parts.  Tour pak lids, for example, but not tour pak bottoms required VIN verification.  Tour pak emblems required turning in the old emblem if you could.  Most of the tins were in the VIN required category.  But it was all hit-and-miss with often contradictory requests made for different purchases of the same part at different places.  You kind of had to wonder if it didn't often depend on how lazy was the guy at the parts counter.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2007, 01:09:26 AM »

I have ordered many painted CVO parts in the past few years and the only item that i had to provide was a VIN number. The only parts that I have had to return to HD to get the new ones were the 03 anniversary items, And on those I only had to return the emblems themselves.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2007, 08:35:57 AM »

Hey JC, I was going to order a front fairing and saddlebag lids for mine until they said I would have to turn in my old ones to receive the replacements......that was August of '04.  I just wanted them for replacements.  The price quote then was $623.10 for the front fairing and $260.48 for ea. bag cvr. assy.  Needless to say, that wouldn't work for my need at the time to turn in a part to get a part.  I hope things have changed.  Don't know how much longer the painted parts will be available for bikes like ours.  :-\  spyder
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 24 queries.