Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Should I sell my 06 Autumn Haze to get the new 08???  (Read 8444 times)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Re: Should I sell my 06 Autumn Haze to get the new 08???
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 10:11:43 PM »

It's a tough choice, you can always while till next year or do what I did, pay off the one you have then buy a new one.

Well since your offering why not!!! :nixweiss: I think I'll take the duracell after you pay off my nana! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 10:17:11 PM »

Well since your offering why not!!! :nixweiss: I think I'll take the duracell after you pay off my nana! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:zroflmao: :zroflmao:  :ROFLOL:   :zroflmao: :zroflmao: 

Hey......as long as you're offering, I'll take a gratis Duracell too.  I'm certain I can sell it and use the proceeds to fund another 06 SEUC or a Tricolor Red SERG.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »

:zroflmao: :zroflmao:  :ROFLOL:   :zroflmao: :zroflmao: 

Hey......as long as you're offering, I'll take a gratis Duracell too.  I'm certain I can sell it and use the proceeds to fund another 06 SEUC or a Tricolor Red SERG.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Or possibly both, if you take it to Fat B@st@rd country! :2vrolijk_21:

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 10:49:52 PM »

I say go for the new bike, way too many changes/upgrades if that is what you want.  I believe the problems with the 110 are BLOWN WAY OUT OF PROPORTION - have 8k trouble free miles on mine.  The SE's and Harleys in general just keep getting better, read the reviews by those that have picked up the 08's some of whom upgraded as you have porposed and said the 08's are a far superior ride.  If I hadn't gotten the 07 I would certainly try to find an 08 sure do like the tought of the ABS and upgraded brakes!!  Life is short if you feel it would please you to get the 08 GO FOR IT!!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 10:53:38 PM »

I say do whatever you want to do.  If you want the 08 and have the money to do so, go for it.  ;)  You're the one that has to be happy with your decision.  There are some on here that have purchased every year of the SEUC because they want the latest and greatest...more power to 'em.   If that's what you really want...get it.  ;D
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 07:19:30 AM »

I got my SERK before the problems were becoming known.  If I were making the decision now instead of then - I'd wait.  HD is still in the early part of Phase 2.  Phase 1: deny there is any problem.  Phase 2: Continue to deny there is any problem, but quietly replace stuff if people bitch enough.  Phase 3: deny there is a wide-spread problem, but as a "courtesy" to their customers will replace stuff.  Phase 4: threatened with a class-action suit they issue a recall (while still denying there is a wide-spread problem of course).
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 07:28:29 AM »

I got my SERK before the problems were becoming known.  If I were making the decision now instead of then - I'd wait.  HD is still in the early part of Phase 2.  Phase 1: deny there is any problem.  Phase 2: Continue to deny there is any problem, but quietly replace stuff if people bitch enough.  Phase 3: deny there is a wide-spread problem, but as a "courtesy" to their customers will replace stuff.  Phase 4: threatened with a class-action suit they issue a recall (while still denying there is a wide-spread problem of course).

Excellent.  As funny as it sounds it's terribly true, although I cannot believe they haven't sent out a letter or anything.  As a matter of fact, I have not reveived a Service Quality survey.  I used to get one with every visit.

:pepper: :pineapple: :cucumber: :jalapeno: :apple: :carrot:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 06:02:48 PM »

I've had the read head gasket leak twice and probably should have just left it alone the first time since it was not at all bad - just very, very little oil seepage at the 5 o'clock position on the rear jug.  But being anal and ocd I wanted it fixed to be 'perfect.'

After the 'fix' it broke again within 3k and was leaking much, much worse, but hopefully the second fix is holding.  Only other problems were I think related to fact that things were removed and put back together for the repairs - battery hold down left loose and caused neg terminal to work loose, ACRs failed right after second fix and took out starter.  Never ever shut me down but was aggrivating having to go back and back again and wait for repairs.

Bike is solid and runs great.  All in all I like it and I'm keeping it.

If I wanted and '08, I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 04:43:46 PM »

Id buy an 08. I own an 07 and love the bike. I love the 6 gear, love the power of the 110. Only problem in the 6,000 miles was a intake leak. Of course I did do the SERT, Pipes and air cleaner. I would trade for a 08 but can't see spending 10 grand or more for the changes. I am waiting for water cooled. Then maybe, or maybe I just keep the 07 till the end of my riding days. That is why I bought the 7 year warranty. Good luck.

Scott

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 08:24:57 AM »

Since you asked - you already know the answer.  Follow you heart.

:1112:

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 09:01:17 AM »

If you want it , get it. Life is too damn short.  Personally I don't like any of the 08 colors......nothing spectacular this year imho.
 :cherry:   

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 06:21:39 PM »

Don't do it!! Your 103 does not run hot, leak or have issues, so don't take the chance on the 110's!!

You can buy a six speed tranny for yours and be just as nice!!

You don't need a 6-gallon fuel tank, cause if you are riding with anyone else, if they don't have an 08, you have to   stop with them anyways, right!!

That "drive by wire" has not been to great yet, I don't know from experience, but I have heard complaints on it!!

Just my opinion!! :nixweiss:

Later
                                                                                    MIKE :coolblue:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »

Welcome aboard! I love my '07 SERK, but I've had engine issues too. I'm rebuilding my engine completely, without any HD parts, to make sure I have a reliable motor. If you love the bike, go for it. But expect to have to deal with some, if not many, engine issues. We're all dealing with these issues differently. You'll find all kinds of info on the 110's here. Good luck!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Big-K

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 03:23:08 PM »

I traded my 06 Autumn Haze in about two weeks ago for the 08 SE copper top.. Was very sad to see the 06 go, but I absolutely love the coppertop. Love the sixth gear, love the six gallons. No regrets yet. Meet the girl that just bought the 06, she is sooooo happy, she loves her new bike..So two people are real happy with my decision.. :pineapple:

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 08:40:44 PM »

Just do it!!!!!!!  I sold my '07 SEUC Light Cherry & Black Ice....hated to see it go, but am getting excited about the new '08 Duracell coming in!!!!!

napalm
napalm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 20 queries.