Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Should I sell my 06 Autumn Haze to get the new 08???  (Read 8500 times)

excelboy10

Should I sell my 06 Autumn Haze to get the new 08???
« on: November 04, 2007, 08:08:31 AM »

I love my bike. That said, I would really like to have ABS and a six speed and a larger fuel tank and an electronic throttle and ........ I think I just convinced myself.
I would like other opinions. Anyone already done what I'm considering???

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Should I sell my 06 Autumn Haze to get the new 08???
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:52:43 AM »

If you want all those things, then sell it and get the new one. Personally I was thinking along the same lines myself. There has been some complaints about the six speed and 110 motor. I think I'll wait a year or two to see how they shake out. I've been the guinea pig in the past, and it wasnt pretty. Good luck, let us know the outcome.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:20:01 AM »

Don't forget the larger tour pack, GPS Navigation, remote locks on saddle bags and TP etc.  Some are concerned with the 110.  I say go for it while your bike is still worth a good amount and get the additional warranty.  You won't be sorry.  My only problem with the 08 is that the color schemes are a little weak for me.....

BTW, I love the 6 speed tranny.  #6 is geared just right and there is power to pass without down shifting at highway speeds.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 09:28:46 AM »

Too many problems.  The devil you know scenario?  Not everyone has problems, but too many do. And they are not simple problems like paint.  The issues are severe mechanical problems design related so its not like there is a real fix.  It's been over a year and no real fix or even any communications (not a single letter) to at least make you feel better.  Wanna trade?
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 09:35:31 AM »

skreminegul07 what model do you have?  Have you had problems?  I agree that others have had problems.  I don't think it's a deal breaker.  I've got 6,000 happy miles on my Jester and without this forum I wouldn't have known about any potential issues.  I'm certainly looking for head gasket leaks and when I take my bike to the dealer for winter storage and service I'm having them check the crank run out.  I say if you aren't sure do it anyhow.  If the bike ends up being a lemon sell it on Ebay for $35,000.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 09:38:31 AM »

skreminegul07 what model do you have?  Have you had problems?  I agree that others have had problems.  I don't think it's a deal breaker.  I've got 6,000 happy miles on my Jester and without this forum I wouldn't have known about any potential issues.  I'm certainly looking for head gasket leaks and when I take my bike to the dealer for winter storage and service I'm having them check the crank run out.  I say if you aren't sure do it anyhow.  If the bike ends up being a lemon sell it on Ebay for $35,000.

Too many to list.  plus second motor, second transmission.
2007 SERK.

Will sell it right now for $23K.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 09:40:24 AM »

Jut go for it. If you feel you want one just do it.

I like in addition to your list the plastic tourpak. The leather on my 07 SEUC is not looking good after a few rains. I also like the anniversary colors very much.

On the problems front. Every bike has them. I do not think the problems with 08 are that much worst then they were with 06s.

So, go for it. You know you want one!

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 09:50:16 AM »

Welcome to the site excelboy10 !

If you can afford the new bike that may be the only way you will be happy for now and only time will tell if you made a wise choice.
It does sound like you sold yourself on the new bike.
I have a tendency to keep bikes and trucks for a long time so I get what I want to begin with and make due with the fact that each year the new ones may have some nice features but mine is just fine.
So in effect, be happy with with you got works for me. Otherwise i would be unhappy with thinking someone else was faster,bigger,flashier or more bells and whistles etc. (And you know what, there will always be those others out there.)
I tend to get new vehicles when the old one becomes less than dependable or hard to repair, or if personal or family needs change.

Good luck with you decision!

1823 MC DC

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 09:51:04 AM »

my problems: gasket seal leak/rear cylinder separated
                   auto compression release
regrets: none

my last bike was bullet proof (88" motor) so I know that my warranty will make it right.

240 mile range on long hauls aint bad, brembro/ABS saved my ass twice thus far, auto locks are good for the absent minded.

charlie

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »

Me my self and I, we like the trusty 103. So does my wife.

REGGAB

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »

I think the 110 has potential, but it is too new right now.  I'd rather lay up, be conservative, and stick with proven technology.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 05:15:41 PM »

I love my bike. That said, I would really like to have ABS and a six speed and a larger fuel tank and an electronic throttle and ........ I think I just convinced myself.

You know what you got and you love it! The ABS, six speed and larger fuel tank...hmmm, ABS is a for sure. I'm not sure it's worth trading for a 6 speed and fuel tank. Usually I'm ready to stop at 150 mile anyway. Unless everyone else your riding with has 6 gal tank, what good is it? :nixweiss: The tranny would be nice when cruising above 70mph but not neccessary IMO.

After seeing the bike in Jackson Tn earlier this summer, I wasn't as impressed. It was nice but not spectacular (to me). I think for me, to spend that much money again I would have a peace of mind that their is no known problems with it! Yes you have warranty but who likes to be broke down on a trip? I have seen and heard of ultrafxr's 110 problems enough that I worry that he can make a trip free of any issues. :nixweiss:

Good luck in your decision making. What ever you do I pray it meets your needs! God Bless!

JR :bananarock:

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »

"I love my bike". IMHO you've got a beautiful bike. Things aren't like they use to be, our used bikes aren't holding their value as well as they once were & the new ones keep getting higher. Not to mention if you've done upgrades on your bike, & I'm sure you'll want to do some on the new one also. I guess it all depends on how bad you want the upgrades & how much you're willing to spend. If you decide to keep it or trade the 2010s are going to have neet stuff on them also. Let us know what you end up doing. Later, Linny

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 06:26:59 PM »

I was in a similar predicament and decided to wait until they get the problems with the 110 worked out.

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 06:48:47 PM »

It's a tough choice, you can always while till next year or do what I did, pay off the one you have then buy a new one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 25 queries.