Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: 30,000 mile cam chain shoe  (Read 9208 times)

B767capt

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: 30,000 mile cam chain shoe
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2005, 08:47:09 AM »

To reply to an eariler question on the PC.  The PC is installed and the race tuner map is left on the bike.  There are more options or areas a race tuner has over the PC.  The PC builds the map with sniffers and corrects the tuners map just like it was the OEM map from the factory.  We looked at the fuel page and if the PC only added or subtracted fuel with small single digits, then the tuner is close.  After my build the thing had + and - numbers in the 20's and 30's for some cells.  I think he said one area the PC doesn't have is fuel enrichment and a few other things for a cold motor.  He also prefers to tune the timing with the tuner.  I have no experience with the PC so I can't say what areas their program has for tuning.  I just know NOT to change the tuner map once the PC map is built for the bike.  I have a copy of the tuner map so if my ECM fails one day and buy a new one, I can put it back to the way it was.  I just can't get over how smooth the motor runs now.  It was never that way before, even bone stock from the factory.  Will have it dynoed on April 5th.
Rineharts, Wood TW400G cams, SE 103+ stroker pistons, 53mm TB, PClll.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2005, 06:13:52 PM »

the tensioner is wrecked by the abrasive chain

Yeah, 'er 'uh, MFG
 You are exactly right! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  Haven't we had this conversation before??  I have less than 15,000 miles on my '02FLHTCUI.  Had the BIG MOTOR  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]built at 11,400 miles, and put the third set of cam shoes in! [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]  This is a problem.  I was advised by my Engine Builder to replace with Crane's New Gear Drive Cams when this Big Motor gets 5000 miles logged.  That should be around the time I get back from the Valley.  I don't need the trouble that would come with the failure of the MoCos chain drive Cams. [smiley=oops.gif]  Don't care about the Noise!  Can't hear nothin' but 'dem Rinehart's bellerin', anyway!! [smiley=1syellow1.gif]  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2005, 09:58:25 AM »

Mike I can't find a smiley for the standing ovation I want to give you for the lesson in the internal workings of the HD TwinCam engine,  [smiley=zzz.gif]
I read everything you wrote and I am not sure why you don't own a Honda!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_21.gif]
I felt like you were bashin' HD's again [smiley=zwtf.gif]
NAH you wouldn't do that NOT HERE!!! [smiley=rifle.gif] (Imagine A SMILEY flippin' the birD in this Spot)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 10:03:52 AM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

mackcr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2005, 10:23:34 AM »

The O' Fender, I don't think MFG is bashing HD. He is just trying to help me out with my engine that at the moment is messed up bad. It is back in the shop again waiting for HD tech service to get involved.

MFG, thanks for the info.

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2005, 02:20:26 PM »

[smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif] [smiley=sleeping.gif]

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2005, 02:24:40 PM »

We aren't done beatin' this horse.

So what horse are we beatin' today

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2005, 02:29:38 PM »

The O' Fender, I don't think MFG is bashing HD. He is just trying to help me out with my engine that at the moment is messed up bad. It is back in the shop again waiting for HD tech service to get involved.

MFG, thanks for the info.

So Mackcr did all this information help? I know I am more worldly now!!! [smiley=oops.gif]

mackcr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2005, 04:23:44 PM »

Yes, the information was helpful.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2005, 10:56:27 PM »

Yes, the information was helpful.

Helped me also!
But damnit I don't feel more worldly [smiley=nixweiss.gif].
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 24 queries.