Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: To Paint or Not To Paint. That is the Question......  (Read 46600 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: To Paint or Not To Paint. That is the Question......
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2007, 07:05:22 AM »

Chuck, really sorry to hear of the accident, but glad you came out of it unscathed.  As far as the paint, I'd probably just slap 'er back to stock because it's such a pain to find someone who's going to do a good job on paint, at least for me.  But seeing Linny's wife's SERK at Hot Springs in September proves you can customize a CVO and make it look even sweeter than stock!  That bike was awesome and I didn't look at it as being any less "CVO" than if it had been purple with silver flames.

Good luck with whatever you decide and either way I can't wait to see the post-repair photos of your scoot!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2007, 07:53:52 AM »

I am glad to hear your ar ok....At lest you didn't do a half assed jpb of wrecking it!
Nothing worse than a onesided wrecked bike....Best of luck with whatever direction you go...
I personally am swayed to the one-off, just like the owner!

Miker

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2007, 08:33:08 AM »

I want to say thanks for everyone's concern for my safety and wellbeing after the spill. Honestly, it really couldn't have turned out much better than it did. I feel lucky for that and for the lesson I received.

Pinkie is still unaware of the incident as of yet and I don't want her to know about it until she gets home tomorrow or Friday. All she'll do is worry since she isn't here to see everything is OK. The bike is at the dealer getting an estimate today. I'll get it back this afternoon and get a new engine guard on it and then we'll be heading to Blairsville on Friday.

The easiest thing for me to do would be to put it back to stock, which was my first thought. I've already come up with a parts list to return it to "Good as New". Either going that route or the custome route will probably cost the same since the CVO painted parts are so dang expensive. Either way insurance will pay for it all.

I guess I just need some time to think about it. And, thinking about the possibilities has been a silver lining to this cloud.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and concerns that I'm OK. I truly appreciate it.

:indian_chief:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2007, 08:35:12 AM »

You don't think she'll beat your eyes shut for NOT tellin her?   :P

Miker

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2007, 08:37:17 AM »

You don't think she'll beat your eyes shut for NOT tellin her?   :P

Miker

Miker,

I lose either way, but at least this way she hasn't had this on her mind while she's been away on work. I may be limping in Blairsville, but it won't be from the slide.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2007, 09:20:22 AM »

Ummmm, there are options.  First off the most important thing is that you're ok.  So glad to read that you are.

After that the fun can begin.  CVO paint or custom paint is irrelevant in end.  It's Chuck's paint.  So the rest (opionions and otherwise) don't really matter.

However....  Here's at least one option to consider that seems within the budget and would allow starting from scratch.  A complete Ultra paint set (tour pak and all) for $5600 is what's currently posted.  This particular link even shows a set that has the benefit of being (red and) CVO-esque to boot.

http://www.vividdragon.com/product.php?productid=50103&cat=262&page=1

This company starts with OE tins and offers a lot of paint schemes.  You can tinker a bit too.  It's at least worth looking at.

Glad you're ok Chuck.

I just got a chance to look at the site above. The paint set you picked out would be just about perfect for me, not too much, not too little. Very tasteful and not something that you would get tired.

Thanks for the link.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2007, 09:21:34 AM »

Hang in there!  With no boo-boo's the only loss is a deductible and a little pride...
Much better than skin and bone....Stock or one-off....now those are serious issues!

Miker

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2007, 09:36:16 AM »

Miker,

I lose either way, but at least this way she hasn't had this on her mind while she's been away on work. I may be limping in Blairsville, but it won't be from the slide.

You got that right it'll go something like this.....

Chief: Pinkie I had a little accident while you were gone. I'm fine though

Pinkie: Oh, Honey I'm so sorry (as she comes in closer to give Chuck a hug) you sure you are all right?

Chief: (accepting the condolences and hug/kiss drops his guard) Yes, Honey I'm fine.

Pinkie: (while still having Chief in her grasp) Why didn't you call me and let me know? (then the can of whoop a$$ is opened). :oops: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3:

Chief shows up in Blairsville on crutches telling everybody... "Don't ask."

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2007, 09:39:38 AM »

You got that right it'll go something like this.....

Chief: Pinkie I had a little accident while you were gone. I'm fine though

Pinkie: Oh, Honey I'm so sorry (as she comes in closer to give Chuck a hug) you sure you are all right?

Chief: (accepting the condolences and hug/kiss drops his guard) Yes, Honey I'm fine.

Pinkie: (while still having Chief in her grasp) Why didn't you call me and let me know? (then the can of whoop a$$ is opened). :oops: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3:

Chief shows up in Blairsville on crutches telling everybody... "Don't ask."

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

The end result is probably the same, and I'm sure we'll have some fun with this over the weekend, but I was thinking I would put the TP on the bike and give her the w/e luggage for her to go stick in the bike. I'd wait at the top of the stairs. If it went REALLY REALLY badly in the basement I could always lock the doors from the inside and hide.  :D

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2007, 09:49:54 AM »

The end result is probably the same, and I'm sure we'll have some fun with this over the weekend, but I was thinking I would put the TP on the bike and give her the w/e luggage for her to go stick in the bike. I'd wait at the top of the stairs. If it went REALLY REALLY badly in the basement I could always lock the doors from the inside and hide.  :D

She's gonna kick your...

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2007, 09:59:48 AM »

If it went REALLY REALLY badly in the basement I could always lock the doors from the inside and hide:D

What are you? Afraid??? Be a man about it...Let AJ call & tell her.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2007, 10:02:49 AM »

Get some sympathy! Put a few bandages on, don't over do it!! Then you can get your bike fixed anyway you want it and she might take care of you for a few days. " Honey I need another beer, and a back rub." Might work!!  :nixweiss:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2007, 10:06:03 AM »

I want to say thanks for everyone's concern for my safety and wellbeing after the spill. Honestly, it really couldn't have turned out much better than it did. I feel lucky for that and for the lesson I received.

Pinkie is still unaware of the incident as of yet and I don't want her to know about it until she gets home tomorrow or Friday. All she'll do is worry since she isn't here to see everything is OK. The bike is at the dealer getting an estimate today. I'll get it back this afternoon and get a new engine guard on it and then we'll be heading to Blairsville on Friday.

The easiest thing for me to do would be to put it back to stock, which was my first thought. I've already come up with a parts list to return it to "Good as New". Either going that route or the custome route will probably cost the same since the CVO painted parts are so dang expensive. Either way insurance will pay for it all.

I guess I just need some time to think about it. And, thinking about the possibilities has been a silver lining to this cloud.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and concerns that I'm OK. I truly appreciate it.

Man, you are soooooooooooo in deep doo-doo!!  You'll get the "thank goodness you're not hurt", then she'll whoop you up against the side of the head and yell at you for not telling her...the horror, the horror!!! :'(
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2007, 10:11:54 AM »

Get some sympathy! Put a few bandages on, don't over do it!! Then you can get your bike fixed anyway you want it and she might take care of you for a few days. " Honey I need another beer, and a back rub." Might work!!  :nixweiss:

I've still got time to plan. She won't be home until Thursday evening or Friday morning.

This is worse than "You just wait until your father gets home."  :(

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2007, 10:23:40 AM »

I've still got time to plan. She won't be home until Thursday evening or Friday morning.

This is worse than "You just wait until your father gets home."  :(

Captial idea!

That is just brilliant...

How much will it cost to delete the thread?

Miker
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 20 queries.